Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: crambaza
By Shiva.Candiecane 2023-02-21 13:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
Taint said: »
The tank can lose hate. I've lost hate plenty of times and we've still gotten the chest. I've always had hate back for the kill however.

We do Sortie most nights and we've only missed the chest once. Everyone does an action on him, everyone behind him besides the tank when he dies.
I don't disbelieve you... I'm just saying from our experience we have never seen a chest if a tank lost then recovered hate. To be fair, the tank keeps hate most of the time throughout the fight so I don't have a large sample size to opine from. The action thing is not a factor, we always make sure everyone touches him.

We tried Leaden > Vihodunir > Last Stand yesterday with MBs and it didn't work. Despite virtually the same thing working just fine with Leaden > TF > LS. I'm starting to think it could be as simple as "Do more WS dmg than magic damage from behind". The latter multistep SC usually results in a much bigger portion of dmg coming from the WS's.

I brought this same thing up in this thread a while back and people just said "It's just kill it from behind" or some other nonsense. We've definitely had plenty of kills where the tank loses hate, nobody WSs from the front, the tank regains hate, we kill it, and get no box.

I agree with you, it's either more WS/SC damage than Magic damage, less than XXX damage from the front, or some other more complex answer than "WS from behind, kill from behind". It's fine though, we still get the chest 95% of the time or more, but the jury is still out on the actual condition, in my opinion.
I'm not sure what me and my group are doing wrong for Botulus, but we have only ever received the drop once.

We have tried everyone on the hate list.
We have killed from behind with a ws.

We don't have a tank. Our set up is: SAM MNK GEO COR BRD WHM

What are some normal things you do in your fight?
Do you debuff the mob? Do you use job abilities? How do you pull? Where do you fight him? Do you move him to a new area?

I ask because we just can't get it, and the one time we did, the SAM swears he used his 2hr and just zerged him from the front, having hate the whole time. We are losing our minds here.
By Taint 2023-02-21 13:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

When we bring a full melee set up we dedicate 1 person to keep hate from the front. (Normally our WAR) Everyone else just makes sure they don't take hate from the "tank".
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-21 15:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Botulus objective on the wiki is 100% wrong. At this point we believe it is more WS/SC damage than MB damage, and no WS from the front. Here's what we've done:

-RUN opens SC, COR closes light, BLM, GEO, SCH burst it and do most of the damage. RUN never loses hate, no chest
-RUN and COR do no WS at all, SCH makes SC, SCH, BLM, GEO nuke it and kill it. RUN never loses hate, no chest

We've had hate bounce off the tank, tank gets it back, then we get chest. We've had plenty of cases where not all party members were on the hate list. All the theories are clearly incorrect (or at least partially incorrect).

I believe we've had SC and MB kills give chest before, I'll have to keep an eye out for it, so I don't believe it has to be a WS kill.

We got chest last time by doing SCH -> Leaden -> SCH -> Leaden and had the BLM MBing. RUN never lost hate.

I think the key here is: damage is dealt from behind, some WS/SC damage is done, probably avoid doing too much magic damage. Interested to hear what others have to report. Make sure your tank holds hate, do WS and SC from behind and you should be OK. If you don't have a tank who can hold hate without WSing from the front, you're probably never going to get this chest.
By Taint 2023-02-21 15:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

WSing from the front is fine. I spam WSs from the front on RUN and when we do Melee set up (3 DDs no RUN or PLD) thats how our WAR holds hate.

Hate can definitely bounce as well but the "tank" has to have hate at the end in our experience.

We are 99% chest drop rate. (only missed 1) Typical setup is RUN,WAR,DRK,BRD,COR,WHM.

RUN in front, everyone else in the back. Everyone tags the mob and then we kill, stunning all TP moves. I go RUN/DRK for extra DPS and stun since its so useful.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-02-21 16:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
WSing from the front is fine.

Yeah, also WS from front whole fight while having hate, then super jumped at 10%, hate on tank for WS kill shot from behind.

It could be person with hate must have some significant percentage of hate when it dies, or something along those lines.
 Siren.Kruel
Server: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2023-02-21 17:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

My system is:

1. if I pull with a physical attack, finishing blow is a physical WS, if I pull with dia/magic, finishing blow is magic WS or magic.

2. First person to WS, deals finishing WS blow.

3. I use a trust tank, so after I do a couple of SC's from behind with Knight's of Round and Savage Blade, I use Caper on the trust tank.

As of writing this, I've gotten the chest every time i do all of these.

On 2 occasions someone got charmed and killed the tank trust, 1 time WS from front kill, got the chest, 2nd time, no chest.

(I never bother getting the SCH on the hate list with any direct attacks/magic on Botulus).
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-03-06 04:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So, let's try to look at sortie in the long run.
By the end of the current year the majority of people will be done with getting the wanted Empy+3 pieces. Most of us will be done way before that, I bet some with fewer jobs are already done.

SE's plan for Sortie was clearly to keep people engaged through the RNG earring system, in hope that people keep doing Sortie even after they're done with Empy+3 upgrades.
Atm the system is way too random to keep the majority of people engaged simply through that, in my opinion.

What would you people adjust in sortie in the coming months?
Here are my ideas:

1) Increase the Gallimaufry cap from 100k to 200k
2) Create 2 monthly campaigns, one increasing Gally and one increasing drop-rate of stuff from chests/bosses.
3) Lower the NQ case cost from 80k to 30k
4) Add HQ case for 180k
5) Add new "exchange" options on Ruspix for earrings. Trade 10 of any type (same tier), for 1 of a specific type (same tier)
6) Add new "exchange" options on Ruspix. Trade 10 of the same type, to get 1 of a higher tier, same type.
7) Add new "exchange" options on Ruspix. Trade 1 Sapphire to receive 5000 Gallimaufry. Trade 1 Starstone for 30k Galli
8) Add new drop from basement chests and bosses. Eikonstone, used for some further step in the Prime Weapons upgrade system.

With these adjustments I feel like Sortie will remain interesting for a bit longer. It's gonna be a long farm to get the earrings you want with the augments you want, but at least now you have some moderate degree of control over the extreme RNG.
I'm sure this will keep people engaged in the content for a long time even after they're done with Empy+3 upgrades.
[+]
By Jhoo 2023-03-06 04:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

I'm sure this will keep people engaged in the content for a long time even after they're done with Empy+3 upgrades.

Good points ! But +2 earrings is too extreme.
i don’t think I will keep doing sortie after I finish my +3 equip.
The time spent into sortie and RNG is too low and imho isn’t worth.
Have completed 5/6 jobs 5/5 + some spare + mostly all +2 (which means a lot of run) and still ZERO +2 earring for me.
[+]
By Taint 2023-03-06 11:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So, let's try to look at sortie in the long run.
By the end of the current year the majority of people will be done with getting the wanted Empy+3 pieces. Most of us will be done way before that, I bet some with fewer jobs are already done.

SE's plan for Sortie was clearly to keep people engaged through the RNG earring system, in hope that people keep doing Sortie even after they're done with Empy+3 upgrades.
Atm the system is way too random to keep the majority of people engaged simply through that, in my opinion.

Here are my ideas:

1) Increase the Gallimaufry cap from 100k to 200k
2) Create 2 monthly campaigns, one increasing Gally and one increasing drop-rate of stuff from chests/bosses.
3) Lower the NQ case cost from 80k to 30k
4) Add HQ case for 180k
5) Add new "exchange" options on Ruspix for NQ earrings. Trade 10 of any type, for 1 of a specific type.
6) Add new "exchange" options on Ruspix. Trade 10 of the same type, to get 1 of a higher tier.
7) Add new "exchange" options on Ruspix. Trade 1 Sapphire to receive 5000 Gallimaufry. Trade 1 Starstone for 30k Galli
8) Add new drop from basement chests and bosses. Eikonstone, used for some further step in the Prime Weapons upgrade system.

With these adjustments I feel like Sortie will remain interesting for a bit longer. It's gonna be a long farm to get the earrings you want with the augments you want, but at least now you have some moderate degree of control over the extreme RNG.

I like most of this. My group is already talking about making a list of Emp+3 left to do.

I think the Galli cap will definitely get raised as part of a Prime step and the basement is set up for a Prime weapon item to be added.

A +2 chest is the only way to clean up the earring mess, even if +1 boxes become common there is still tons of RNG getting a +2 for the job you want and then getting max stats on said item.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-03-06 22:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

My static has gotten about 15 +3 equips each in terms of our time investment and content cleared. Typically we're doing ABC EG + flans/bitzers and rarely E WKRs. NONE of the 6 of us have gotten a +2 earring. I've seen maybe 15-20 +1 boxes so far, considering how many +1's I've held onto, knowing a couple were lucky NQ box rewards. It's pretty insane that, assuming the rest of my group has gotten the same amount, that somewhere in the range of 100 +1 boxes has yeilded 0 +2s.

As most people are commenting here, the system simply needs a bit of a change or people will start abandoning the content.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-03-07 01:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
NONE of the 6 of us have gotten a +2 earring.
If we wanna compare data, here are my numbers:

Completed +3 pieces: 26
Completed +2 pieces: >48
NQ cases: ~400
HQ cases: 24
Eikondrites: >115
Sapphires: >60 (not including the ones I spent)
Starstones: ~10 (not including the ones I spent)

I didn't open NQ cases so far, and atm I've got:
1x +2 DRG
3x +1 DRG (...)
3x +1 RDM
2x +1 SMN
2x +1 SCH
2x +1 WHM
and a bunch of other +1 earrings that I can't remember.
I'm sure I've got: BLM, BLU, DRK, PUP, BST, COR, RNG
No SAM and RUN yet >_>
[+]
By gargurty 2023-03-07 06:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

That's at least more then me. So far I only got 1 +2 earring. Luckily it was for blu, sadly no max augs lol.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-03-07 06:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I know my sample is way too small to get reliable estimates, but if we were to believe my numbers I guess it seems like HQ cases drop at ~5% the drop rate of NQ, and that the HQ earring also drops at ~5% drop rate from its respective case?

So ~5% chance to get a +1 from an NQ case, and ~5% chance to get a +2 from a +1 case?

If I can be bothered these next weeks I'll open the ~400 NQ cases and see how many +1 I get from that. Should be around ~20 +1, if my numbers are to be believed?
By Ranoutofspace 2023-03-07 08:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

My numbers from October were as follows:

Old Case: 339
??? Earring: 329
??? Earring +1: 10
=> 2.95% of a +1 earring from an Old Case.

Old Case +1: 193
??? Earring +1: 189
??? Earring +2: 4
=> 2.07% chance of a +2 earring from an Old Case +1.

Not enough sample size but the rate sucks either way.
[+]
By Taint 2023-03-07 08:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranoutofspace said: »
My numbers from October were as follows:

Old Case: 339
??? Earring: 329
??? Earring +1: 10
=> 2.95% of a +1 earring from an Old Case.

Old Case +1: 193
??? Earring +1: 189
??? Earring +2: 4
=> 2.07% chance of a +2 earring from an Old Case +1.

Not enough sample size but the rate sucks either way.

193 +1 cases....
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-03-07 08:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

From your numbers it could be ~2.5%
That sounds much more in line with what we should expect from SE.

I'm just a bit surprised with your +1 rate compared to your NQ, whoaa man!
[+]
By Ranoutofspace 2023-03-07 08:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh no those aren't all mine - I just sat near the portal and checked with logger.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-03-07 09:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

@sech's, you realize 400 NQ cases is like 1.6M gil in NPCables? You don't have to unpack them all the way (to the actual earring).
 Bahamut.Skald
Server: Bahamut
user: Jimmyjazz
By Bahamut.Skald 2023-03-07 11:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If we wanna compare data, here are my numbers:
nq case --------- 372 +3 stacks and change NPC'd in the past i am certain of, possibly more, i can't recall accurately all the times npc'd earrings
+1 earrings ----- 58 (small amount from case upgrade, stopped opening nq some time ago)
+2 earrings ----- 5

sapphires ------- 214
starstones ------ 19
+3 gear --------- 57

eikondrite ------ 170
prime stage 2 --- 9

-Aminon chance to drop 1-3 ??? job +2 to pool. rarity is one thing but the inability to reach your groups gear goals by way of personal rng is the absolute worst.

-trading ruspix x amount of sapphires and starstones and gallimaufry for +2 of choice.

-trading ruspix sapphires(+1) or starstones(+2) and gallimaufry to reroll augments.

the past few weeks i have been entering at capped gallimaufry, some newer members in group started later and still have a ways to go but all that's left for me is chance at earrings. while i still feel that the content is fun and a great 6 man event there is always that bitter feeling of time invested may equal to nothing in the end with the reward system the way it is now.
[+]
 Bahamut.Angenard
Server: Bahamut
user: Anaurine
By Bahamut.Angenard 2023-03-07 12:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

F to pay respects for all those who grind Sortie knowing that the +2 they seek is walled by rng content. Y'all the real ones! <3 o7
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-03-07 15:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
@sech's, you realize 400 NQ cases is like 1.6M gil in NPCables? You don't have to unpack them all the way (to the actual earring).
I have no clue what you're talking about.
Can you actually NPC the NQ cases for gil lol?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-03-07 17:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

you have to use them so it says "Case ???: <Job>" or whatever and then you can NPC them. ~4k per NQ, ~7k per +1 if you get dupes.
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-03-08 19:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What causes the Naraka to not spawn in G?
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2023-03-08 19:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Angenard said: »
F to pay respects for all those who grind Sortie knowing that the +2 they seek is walled by rng content. Y'all the real ones! <3 o7

Most of the end game is, in fact, rng now.

R25 Odyssey T3/4 NM's In particular Bumba with the only know strat available to us is 110% rng luck.

As for Sortie, I specifically unlocked and upgraded every job so I always have something to spend points on there. All jobs except PUP is 5/5 +2 (PUP is 1/5 +2). Cycling in upgrading the Prime weapons as well. Generally walk out of Sortie with 55k+ points each run. There is however no doubt in my mind that I will finish all the +3 armor before ever seeing a +2 earring that I actually want. I've currently only obtained a single one, for a job I don't particularly like, BST.

Fun times.
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
Server: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2023-03-08 19:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bynebill said: »
What causes the Naraka to not spawn in G?

A glitch.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-09 14:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

A glitch signifies incompetence, and they're not incompetent.

No, Naraka not spawning is planned misery.
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2023-03-11 23:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nuance said: »

There is however no doubt in my mind that I will finish all the +3 armor before ever seeing a +2 earring that I actually want.

I've gotten whm and drk +2 which are my 2 mains, but the augments aren't capped. so even after all of that farming, you STILL need to try for BETTER +2's. if you actually get a +2, it should just be capped. c'mon now, it's just plain ridiculous.
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2023-03-14 15:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Episode 12 in the Sortie series is finally out showing the path that will allow most jobs to farm 9-10k Galli in a solo run. Hope this helps people on some idea's for their own solo farming runs.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-03-14 16:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
Asura.Nuance said: »

There is however no doubt in my mind that I will finish all the +3 armor before ever seeing a +2 earring that I actually want.

I've gotten whm and drk +2 which are my 2 mains, but the augments aren't capped. so even after all of that farming, you STILL need to try for BETTER +2's. if you actually get a +2, it should just be capped. c'mon now, it's just plain ridiculous.

I know it's a meme already but going to go with Nynja's conclusion this is all planned misery.
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2023-03-14 16:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Logical said: »
Episode 12 in the Sortie series is finally out showing the path that will allow most jobs to farm 9-10k Galli in a solo run. Hope this helps people on some idea's for their own solo farming runs.

YouTube Video Placeholder

This is what people in a years time will be doing when they want to gear up a new job and there’s nobody left doing sortie
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 113 114 115 ... 147 148 149