First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18
 Asura.Iamaman
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2021-11-14 15:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Usually it's because 99 is the largest two digit value and screen space was at a premium when they laid out the UI. It's the same reason we use three characters to reference stats.

If that is the case, then I suppose it's also possible the damage cap could be increased beyond 99k, since that doesn't align with any native data types either and is somewhat arbitrary.

I wonder if that'll happen. If we're getting +99 to all attributes and skills, combined with Nyame Path B, and whatever they are doing in Empy+3, it seems likely that hitting the current damage cap will become a more frequent occurrence and raising it might be in the cards? They can only buff the DD jobs so much to the point that they are reaching the cap regularly before adding more damage capabilities doesn't do much good.
 Carbuncle.Gabvanstronger
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Gabvanstronger 2021-11-14 21:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

No idea if this was answered, I couldn't find it in the thread.
Killing 100 dynamis mobs (Squadron, statues didn't seem to count, don't know about bosses) give you the zone's unlock. (too lazy to upload the screenshot)
Quote:
You are now able to upgrade your relic armgear to +3.
By Genoxd 2021-11-15 01:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
If that is the case, then I suppose it's also possible the damage cap could be increased beyond 99k, since that doesn't align with any native data types either and is somewhat arbitrary.

The UI can already deal with numbers past 99k, Barrage has been able to break the cap since Abyssea/VW days as I recall.

My hope is they add new JA/Traits/Spells for master levels past 20
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-11-15 01:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Genoxd said: »
The UI can already deal with numbers past 99k, Barrage has been able to break the cap since Abyssea/VW days as I recall.
They added a CAP back then for 99k. Barrage breaks it just because the way it works. Hot Shot also did for a while but they fixed that.

There is a ton of stuff that breaks 99k they just wanted to limit us. Magic spells break 99k hence why sometimes 2 BLMs can both go same time and still hit 99k the DMG is calculated first then the nurf is added on top.
By SimonSes 2021-11-15 05:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Usually it's because 99 is the largest two digit value and screen space was at a premium when they laid out the UI. It's the same reason we use three characters to reference stats.

I wonder if that'll happen. If we're getting +99 to all attributes and skills, combined with Nyame Path B, and whatever they are doing in Empy+3, it seems likely that hitting the current damage cap will become a more frequent occurrence and raising it might be in the cards? They can only buff the DD jobs so much to the point that they are reaching the cap regularly before adding more damage capabilities doesn't do much good.

You might hold your horses imo.
Apex mobs above 142 seems to be getting like ~38 evasion and like 70def per lv. If we get like 160lv enemies as end game, they will have like 2100 evasion and 2700 def. If trend for nerfing Geomancy by like 75% will continue too, then we will be barely able to hit those mobs and not even sure if cap attack at the same time. Meaning I wouldnt be surprised if on stuff that will matter, you wont be even able to hit that 99k damage cap (unless maybe with Skillchain damage from 4 step or something).
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-15 05:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Gabvanstronger said: »
No idea if this was answered, I couldn't find it in the thread.
Killing 100 dynamis mobs (Squadron, statues didn't seem to count, don't know about bosses) give you the zone's unlock. (too lazy to upload the screenshot)
Quote:
You are now able to upgrade your relic armgear to +3.
So it's JUST the zone's related gear that gets enable to go to +3?
Not ALL the slots regardless of the zone where you achieved the 100kills requirement?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-15 05:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
If trend for nerfing Geomancy by like 75% will continue too
Wait, is geomancy nerfed on those?
I thought Geomancy was nerfed only on special NMs/Special content, not on regular targets outside in the open world?
By SimonSes 2021-11-15 05:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I thought Geomancy was nerfed only on special NMs/Special content, not on regular targets outside in the open world?

Im not talking about leveling on Apex, more like actual end game like upcoming teased battlefield. But even on normal enemies, if you will need to use Geomancy for accuracy buffs instead of Frailty to even hit those 160lv mobs, then I dont see how you will be able to push pdif high enough to even make damage we do now.
By Mattelot 2021-11-15 05:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

As a Geo 2nd main, would be kind of stupid nerfing it as a new standard. I get it, it was at a point where just about every group wanted one but you don't want to make it to where no groups want one.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2021-11-15 05:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Hot Shot also did for a while but they fixed that.

You're welcome.
By SimonSes 2021-11-15 07:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »

As a Geo 2nd main, would be kind of stupid nerfing it as a new standard. I get it, it was at a point where just about every group wanted one but you don't want to make it to where no groups want one.

the problem with GEO is very simple. Frailty. It's the single reason Geomancy is nerfed in events. This debuff is WAY too strong, because it work as %, not a fixed number. So even if mob has 3000 def, BogEA frailty with Dia II (two debuffs that can be cast by single GEO/WHM and can't be avoided) would drop it to 330 allowing everyone to cap pdif without anything else. Without Frailty, to cpa pdif on 3000def monster, you would need to stack almost everything else in the game. DiaIII+Boxstep+Angon(or other 25%def down) to drop def to around 900+ then Chaos, Minuets and other Attack buffs to buff attack to 4-7k (depends what attack you need to cap pdif).

To fix that, you need to significantly nerf Frailty by like 75% or more (so its like -15% base with 900 Geomancy and Idris), so you can then only drop def of the target to almost 0 with all above debuffs and Frailty on top, not by frailty itself. It would still be strong debuff on its own too (-26% with BogEa). Alternatively change it from % to fixed number. For example -400 def with Geomancy900 and Idris. Working before % buffs like Dia,boxstep,others. So 3000def example above would be reduced to 2300 with BogEa Frailty and then to 736 from toher debuffs. Making it less potent vs THAT strong enemy, but also for enemies with lets say 1500 def, you could drop almost 50% def on it's own.

without that fix, I don't see how you can not have Geomancy not nerfed and make any challenging content, unless you will throw like 90% PDT on mob to balance Frailty easily capping pdif on it, which is ridiculous and is not really a fix, because it would make GEO mandatory and thats still would be a problem.

In case someone say that Malaise is also a problem, its not. You can easily counter Malaise by setting enemies MDB to like 200, which would allow malaise to increase magic damage significantly, but nothing as broken as Frailty for physical damage.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-15 07:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree the hidden, undocumented nerf to luopan is stupid.
I would welcome a change to frailty, turning it into a static debuff rather than a % one.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-15 07:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the entire reason they fixed attune vex focus and langour. Being % based and not static.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-15 07:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

In case someone say that Malaise is also a problem, its not. You can easily counter Malaise by setting enemies MDB to like 200, which would allow malaise to increase magic damage significantly, but nothing as broken as Frailty for physical damage.
They technically could, but SE is very reluctant to modify MDB from an NM's base family and prefers to adjust magic damage using INT, resistance ranks, and MDT. Ongo, for example, has about 100 MDB because that's how much Waktzas have.

If SE isn't willing to change their design paradigm for monsters, it's effectively the same issue as Frailty on a good number of mobs and potential future mobs.

I would also add Wilt to the broken pile for the same reasons as Frailty. Unless it's nerfed, it cut nearly any enemy's attack down to sub 10% or even 1, which trivializes any physical threat.
 Sylph.Herbs
Server: Sylph
user: JoeRogan
By Sylph.Herbs 2021-11-15 08:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind that this is really only a serious problem for the higher tier fights, which is exactly why they nerfed it the way they did and not across the board.
By SimonSes 2021-11-15 08:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
They technically could, but SE is very reluctant to modify MDB from an NM's base family and prefers to adjust magic damage using INT, resistance ranks, and MDT. Ongo, for example, has about 100 MDB because that's how much Waktzas have.

If SE isn't willing to change their design paradigm for monsters, it's effectively the same issue as Frailty on a good number of mobs and potential future mobs.

I would also add Wilt to the broken pile for the same reasons as Frailty. Unless it's nerfed, it cut nearly any enemy's attack down to sub 10% or even 1, which trivializes any physical threat.

I was thinking about Wilt too, but this you can at least counter with giving enemy high magic attacks and physical attack dealing % of your HP, like for example Hell Scissors, so it can bypass whole pdif check entirely.

Even then MDB caps at 50, so highest you can do is increase damage x2 from 100. Also they could be funny and just set base mdb to like 60 and adjust it's mdt and sdt to balance it and then you could only reduce 10mdb max :P Anyway its not Frailty+DiaII, that can turn your 0.7 pDIF to 5.0pdif, increasing your damage more than 7 times.
By Mattelot 2021-11-15 08:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

the problem with GEO is very simple. Frailty. *snip*

I wonder why they cannot simply just lower the % it decreases. Base with 900 skill is -14.8%. Why not lower that to half or something? With 900 and Idris, it's -41.80%. Cut it to 25% if it's such a huge deal. (Just tossing random numbers out there).

But as Sechs said, blanket/undocumented is stupid, especially undocumented.

I'm sure there is other things they can do. Since there is so much AoE that happens, maybe lower or remove the inate -50% DT that luopans have so they have to be cast more often or increase the perpetuation costs.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-15 09:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

My ideal fix for Geo is to nerf Frailty and Wilt's values (maybe -25% with Idris without EA/BoG), then cap total attack/defense down to -50% or -60%.

I also think Idris should be less of a boost over Dunna in general, so I'd like a buff to Dunna and the +2 neck (maybe to +7 and +7/8/8 respectively), but that's a separate issue.
By SimonSes 2021-11-15 09:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

My ideal fix for Geo is to nerf Frailty and Wilt's values (maybe -25% with Idris without EA/BoG), then cap total attack/defense down to -50% or -60%.

20% with Idris would be already high imo. 35% with BogEA is a lot. Especially that you can't even resist that and its AoE. Total def down value should be capped at 75% if anything. 50% is too low and decrease value of jobs like DNC if you could almost get to cap with just DiaII+lightshot+25%DefDown. Considering how much accuracy buffs/debuffs we will need vs lv 150+ enemies, 50% def down would also be too low to achieve any reasonable pdif against them, since stacking def down will be almost the only way to do it, when you will need to sacrifice minuets to madrigals, chaos to hunter and fury to precision.
By Nariont 2021-11-15 09:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It always felt to me like dunna potency should have been the "cap" as far as base bubble potency goes. The fact that geomancy is not only the most potent in regards to def/atk/mdef/mab, but it also stacks with everything else, and the next strongest debuffs are tiers lower, i.e; malaise alternative of -45 is a 5 min UL blu spell at -35 or acuex/tulflaire at -25, all 3 of those subject to macc checks, everything from memory hovers around -10 ~ -15 and none of these stack with each other.

Would just lower potencies across the board but far too late for that with out a lot of backlash
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-15 09:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

"Far to late" is exactly the right time for square.
By SimonSes 2021-11-15 09:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Would just lower potencies across the board but far too late for that with out a lot of backlash

They nerfed Geomancy debuff by 75-90% on almost anything that matters and are dealing with backlash more than fine lol
By Mattelot 2021-11-15 09:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Then again, keeping it as-is continues to make older content like farming aeonics a snap.

I still think 75% potency reduction is quite high since the LSs I've seen looking for people for Odyssey want bards and not geos.
By Nariont 2021-11-15 09:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

They nerfed Geomancy by 75-90% on almost anything that matters and are dealing with backlash more than fine lol

Fair, though ive seen people who still dont realize theres even a nerf in that content, wheras a full announcement that all bubbles(or atleast the ones mentioned) get a base potency nerf in exchange for working everywhere instead of this arbitrary -% potency end-game content is sure to rile up a good deal more people as itd be everywhere instead of those (for now) limited areas.
 Ragnarok.Painted
Server: Ragnarok
user: Painted
By Ragnarok.Painted 2021-11-15 10:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Enochroot said: »
Players will be able to begin the process by defeating a certain number of Sweetwater or Transcended enemies in Omen."

Ah, ok, so not totally crazy. Do you know the name of the KI? I'm on VR 5-4. Did the KI get released with this month's update?

Edit: found it! https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Distorted_fragment

Did this start working for you? I've completed VR, have the Distorted Fragment, been through six runs of Omen and not a single scale drop yet. Very frustrating.

I feel I must have missed a step?
By SimonSes 2021-11-15 11:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Scales dropping has nothing to do with that KI. I don't have KI and I got plenty of scales (I think like 8 total in 4 runs?). TH8+ killing all mobs.
 Ragnarok.Painted
Server: Ragnarok
user: Painted
By Ragnarok.Painted 2021-11-15 11:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Scales dropping has nothing to do with that KI. I don't have KI and I got plenty of scales (I think like 8 total in 4 runs?). TH8+ killing all mobs.

TH6+, Killing all mobs on those runs, no scales. So I'm simply the most unlucky THF in Vanadiel? :D
By SimonSes 2021-11-15 11:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe there is something more to it, but its not that KI.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-11-15 11:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Still have the +10 skills per pet level. Went from 3 to 5, resummoned each time for the +10 skills.

I just went from BST M.Level 2 to 3.

M.Level 2, Bouncing Bertha had:
Acc 1422, Atk 1251, Eva 819, Def 1136

M.Level 3, after re-calling the pet, increased +2 to each stat:
Acc 1424, Atk 1252, Eva 821, Def 1138

FWIW, yesterday when I got M.Level 2 I did get over 10 points per stat on that level up.

One thought: is it necessarily linear growth? Maybe it's intentionally uneven and some levels get higher pet skill boost than others?

Falkirk showed it is not linear after the gleti boots came out. in the Killer instinct thread he shows that going for level 99 >> 100 or 109 >> 110 or 119 >> 120 is a MUCH bigger boost for pets than the other level increments.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-15 12:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Master Level bonuses to pets are unlikely to be related to the bonuses they get from additional ilvl.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18