user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-11-12 12:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You cannot mule scales.
By Seraphpdh 2021-11-12 12:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
You cannot mule scales.
This is correct. You cannot currently mule scales.

"Not vendorable, Not sendable, Exclusive"
 Phoenix.Enochroot
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: enoch
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2021-11-12 12:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm in a weird position with Omen +3 access. I'd previously beaten a couple of Omen NMs but don't think I'd unlocked +3 access. Since the update I've killed several hundred mobs in Omen and haven't received a KI or any chat text. I'm not sure if having beaten some of the bosses blocks the other means to unlock.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2021-11-12 12:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
So you get +1 skill only if you have some skill to begin with? It's not a straight +1 to everything regardless?

It's +1 to skill cap, kinda hard to increase a skill cap on a skill a job doesn't have.
 Fenrir.Velner
Server: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-11-12 13:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Enochroot said: »
I'm in a weird position with Omen +3 access. I'd previously beaten a couple of Omen NMs but don't think I'd unlocked +3 access. Since the update I've killed several hundred mobs in Omen and haven't received a KI or any chat text. I'm not sure if having beaten some of the bosses blocks the other means to unlock.

I don't think you had to actually kill an NM to reforge Artifact gear to +2. You did need to kill at least one to get to +3 only because you need a boss scale for all +3 pieces. My understanding is that scales can now potentially drop from all Omen mobs and not just the caturae bosses at the end.
 Fenrir.Velner
Server: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-11-12 13:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »
From what I've seen, you'll get far more scales than paragon cards. Considering you need 1 scale per item and like 30-50 cards for an item, makes sense...

Considering Omen is meant to be undertaken as a group and the scales are not a personal drop, it does make sense.
By fillerbunny9 2021-11-12 13:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

you are confusing the Dynamis change with the Omen change. Dynamis is 100 enemy kills to get the KI, Omen is boss scales will now show up as random Treasure pool drops from trash mobs.
 Phoenix.Enochroot
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2021-11-12 15:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
you are confusing the Dynamis change with the Omen change

Ah, thanks for setting me straight!
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-12 15:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »

you are confusing the Dynamis change with the Omen change. Dynamis is 100 enemy kills to get the KI, Omen is boss scales will now show up as random Treasure pool drops from trash mobs.
It's both.
"The ability to start the process for reforging item level 119 artifacts to +3 has been unlocked

Players will be able to begin the process by defeating a certain number of Sweetwater or Transcended enemies in Omen."

It seems to require the KI from Voracious Resurgence, though.
 Phoenix.Enochroot
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2021-11-12 17:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Players will be able to begin the process by defeating a certain number of Sweetwater or Transcended enemies in Omen."

Ah, ok, so not totally crazy. Do you know the name of the KI? I'm on VR 5-4. Did the KI get released with this month's update?

Edit: found it! https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Distorted_fragment
[+]
 Leviathan.Wiccaan
Server: Leviathan
user: Wiccaan
By Leviathan.Wiccaan 2021-11-12 19:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Not real data, not from retail.

Some notes on how the client sees the data to give an idea on the future potential caps/goals they may go with.

- The client currently allows a maximum of 255 levels per job. (uint8_t)
- The client currently allows a maximum of 999,999,999 exp per level. (uint32_t, clamped)

Everything is currently used just like the normal job levels in regards to lookups/checks within the client.
So cap wise I'd assume them to keep it 99 or under.

They may extend it later (beyond 99) if they add other goals with it other than increasing your sub.
Perhaps more enhancements similar to job points or just continued base state increases beyond being 99/99.

(Could potentially be turned into a system similar to Diablo 3's paragon with no actual cap but only affects base stats after a certain point.)
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-11-12 21:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Trillium said: »
Is that new? I know cards are cansendpol, but scales were not IIRC.
Nope, I wasn't awake yet and spouting nonsense, carry on.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2021-11-12 22:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Wiccaan said: »
Some notes on how the client sees the data to give an idea on the future potential caps/goals they may go with.

- The client currently allows a maximum of 999,999,999 exp per level. (uint32_t, clamped)

This is somewhat strange, I had always assumed that despite not aligning with any native data type max values (255, uint_max, etc), there was some engine or ui limitation that prevented them from raising levels past 99. Weird to see that isn't the case.

I wonder if keeping it at 99 has more to do with keeping aggro against existing mobs than it does some kind of UI or engine issue.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-12 22:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Being 99 is because the jp thought it looked cuter than going into actual 100s via the vote they did at adoulin
[+]
By Draylo 2021-11-12 22:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's probably because that is a popular number that a lot of FF and RPG stop levels at. It's just always been like that, capped at 99.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-11-12 23:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »

This is somewhat strange, I had always assumed that despite not aligning with any native data type max values (255, uint_max, etc), there was some engine or ui limitation that prevented them from raising levels past 99. Weird to see that isn't the case.

I wonder if keeping it at 99 has more to do with keeping aggro against existing mobs than it does some kind of UI or engine issue.

Usually it's because 99 is the largest two digit value and screen space was at a premium when they laid out the UI. It's the same reason we use three characters to reference stats.
By Chimerawizard 2021-11-12 23:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

ML0: 119 mobs check Even Match.
ML6: 120 mobs check Even Match.
ML18: 122 mobs check Even Match.
ML20: 123 mobs check Even Match.

Seems every subjob level also adds a hidden iLv to you.
This is also likely why the exp difference is barely noticeable w/ ML0 sync and no sync.
[+]
By alzeerffxi 2021-11-13 01:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

People are doing AOE mana burns some how i assume summoners and which camp?
 Bahamut.Balduran
Server: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-11-13 04:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to share this fantastic video that covers Rak Inner Court camps (4:00 min onwards). The video explains each camp and what the best setup would be DD and support wise. Very nicely compliments the ML update, those camps will surely be useful for the seasoned veterans looking to maximize exemplar points in areas outside of CoP. The mob level ranges go up to 142 if I am not mistaken, so the exemplar gain will almost be on par with CoP Apex camps. I love this video, thank you Rua, I think it's really useful at these times.

YouTube Video Placeholder

On a side note, would be nice to have the new CoP & ToAU Apex mobs update to this page perhaps. https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Apex_Monster
[+]
By Crossbones 2021-11-13 08:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I always run out of mobs at that pox hound camp with more than 2 dps. Didn't know cp chains have a longer window on higher level targets though, so that's neat info.
 Ragnarok.Trixi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2021-11-13 10:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the verdict on August being affected by the shield adjustment for trusts? Full time, only when he has a shield out, not at all?
By Chimerawizard 2021-11-13 10:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

alzeerffxi said: »
most camps: aeolian edge, cataclysm, [several blu spells]. haven't seen someone do w/ smn but probably also cataclysm in that case. maybe a shock squall to keep them from doing anything a while.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2021-11-13 18:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone notice a new bug with Omen? Had a member disconnect during Kyou, they relogged after Kyou was dead and were kicked out of Omen so they couldn't lot pool. Super crappy. Someone else in alliance mentioned it happened to someone in another run of theirs as well earlier.
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2021-11-13 18:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Poxhounds have been my best Examplar per hour, maintaining chain on them is much easier, getting up to 178 before I had to break. One good DD is just fine for them, especially if they can 2 ws light or the standard jinpu only spam. This camp will definitely get over camped though.

The Draugaurs actually aren't terrible either, the casters can suck but they also take capped Jinpu damage with the usual gear and buffs. They spawn much more plentiful and plenty of camps to do.

Idk if it's been mentioned before but Imperial Standing has basically become much more accessible this patch too, the mobs in Nyzul with sanction on give ridiculous amounts of Imperial Standing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2021-11-13 21:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
alzeerffxi said: »
most camps: aeolian edge, cataclysm, [several blu spells]. haven't seen someone do w/ smn but probably also cataclysm in that case. maybe a shock squall to keep them from doing anything a while.

Can also cleave in Promy or Alzadaal with Sonic Thrust/Fell Cleaves

Would have been using Aeolian Edge if my COR's AE set translate well to my BRD lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Wiccaan
Server: Leviathan
user: Wiccaan
By Leviathan.Wiccaan 2021-11-13 22:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »

I'd say it's probably a set of multiple factors, but all of which now relate to the lack of an actual development team.

- Increasing the cap requires new gear, new mobs, new zones/content (or reworking and adding onto existing ones), etc.
- Increasing the cap requires heavy play-testing for new potential issues with math related functionality. (ie. Overflows, underflows, data type issues, UI limits etc.)
- Menu and UI related changes would be required to support 3 digit level displays. (ie. the Search menu is not designed for 3 digit levels.)
- Some gear tooltips may need adjustment to not overflow off the items background image space when showing the tooltips.
- Design choices would need to be made to allow stats to grow higher than the current caps which are fairly easy to hit now with some gear.

Personally though, I think XI was always designed with 99 being the limit for the main level of your character. And the addition of sub-systems would compliment that number going forward afterward.

I would say there are also papers/studies that back the idea that there is a higher personal satisfaction with seeing the number 99 in games vs. say, if they raised the cap to 120. Seeing 99 in an RPG has a higher sense of accomplishment than just having a number that is slightly higher than that. RPGs have generally always played into that '9' number for caps of things. Be it 99, 999 or 999,999,999. Growing up as a kid, seeing that 999,999,999 was always satisfying, more so than a 1 billion or higher number imo. So I think they probably had planned from the start to play into those things that will keep people playing to reach said goals and such.

Based on what the client shows so far though, I'd say the likely cap for master levels will eventually be 99 as well. I don't see them going through effort to redo existing menus beyond simple additions. The menus so far show that 99 is the allowed search range for it. If it were to go higher than that, I don't think they'd have it affect the players actual levels beyond allowing up to 99/99 at some point. The rest would probably just add onto your base stat bonuses. Or they'll just add another sub-system later on down the road to continue giving people stuff to sink time into.
[+]
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2021-11-13 23:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Everyone,

Just some food for thought - this has probably already been mentioned previously in this thread, but I thought I'd clearly point out the gains per level in base stats.

Naked (tarutaru*) RDM/NIN Master Rank 3:
STR 98
DEX 105
VIT 98
AGI 105
INT 113
MND 98
CHR 100

Naked RDM/NIN Master Rank 4:
STR 99
DEX 106
VIT 99
AGI 106
MND 99
CHR 101

So it appears to be +1 to basic stats per master level. Hope this information is helpful!
 Ragnarok.Trixi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2021-11-14 11:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of 3 Omen runs (near full clearing of all mobs), I've only gotten 2 scales (1st and 3rd runs, none on the 2nd) as BLM/THF with Aldo and Rarab Cap. Either highly influenced by TH, or I've got bad luck.

I'm getting around 3~5 cards, and 7~10 Detritus per run which hasn't seemed to change from prior.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-11-14 12:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Trixi said: »
Out of 3 Omen runs (near full clearing of all mobs), I've only gotten 2 scales (1st and 3rd runs, none on the 2nd) as BLM/THF with Aldo and Rarab Cap. Either highly influenced by TH, or I've got bad luck.

I'm getting around 3~5 cards, and 7~10 Detritus per run which hasn't seemed to change from prior.

With TH4 I had 1 run with no scales and then a second run with 3 Kyou, 1 Kin and 1 Fu.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18