First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 16 17 18
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-11-11 15:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Still have the +10 skills per pet level. Went from 3 to 5, resummoned each time for the +10 skills.

I just went from BST M.Level 2 to 3.

M.Level 2, Bouncing Bertha had:
Acc 1422, Atk 1251, Eva 819, Def 1136

M.Level 3, after re-calling the pet, increased +2 to each stat:
Acc 1424, Atk 1252, Eva 821, Def 1138

FWIW, yesterday when I got M.Level 2 I did get over 10 points per stat on that level up.

One thought: is it necessarily linear growth? Maybe it's intentionally uneven and some levels get higher pet skill boost than others?
By zixxer 2021-11-11 15:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Dho is about 128-130

These new apex camps are about 140-145?

How much exemplar points do they give?

Nyzul gears was granting around 1100+ at around 33+ chain.
 Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey
Server: Ragnarok
user: Merritt95
By Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey 2021-11-11 15:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
How were you making the skillchain,

Scholar. I'm sure my setup can be improved upon, but it's really solid for a first time outing/test run. Our scholar is opening with distortion and the cor is following up with a closing leaden salute, which is hitting capped 99k darkness frequently enough. With that the 2 blms and the scholar are more then plenty to finish a gear in one salvo. Also the zone has permanent double water weather, so the geo is throwing in water nukes. Burn lands just fine too.

Quote:
I was landing like 40-50k leadens with no malaise, I would think a COR closing darkness with leaden and malaise would be 99k/99k?

Yes, thats happening too

It's awesome to see magic dmg so high on these, I was wondering what their magic resist was like. Thanks for sharing!

Dho is about 128-130

These new apex camps are about 140-145?

How much exemplar points do they give?

I was seeing variance of 141-147 on Apex Archaic Cog(s), EP ranging from 500 base to over 900 at high chain (a lot of variance though due to high level split). 1600 to 1700 acc seemed to be about the number, but again huge variance due to wide mob levels. I did Lib DRK, Masa SAM, BRD, COR, GEO(only +2 neck), WHM and the buffs were intensive. Dmg was all over the place with very high numbers (70k insurgency) on lower mobs, capping out around 30-50k on 147 gears. I was hovering around 6000 attack and seemed to only be capping on the lower ones (with geo frail). I didn't notice any types of physical weaknesses
 Asura.Superiority
Server: Asura
By Asura.Superiority 2021-11-11 15:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Apex mobs in Promyvion - Dem Floor 4 are ilvl 139. 1 accuracy song from a REMA bard was enough to have our accuracy remain in the high 90%s. Also, they took solid damage from both physical and magical. If we swapped to malaise our cor could then do 99k LS easily. Depending on the color of the crystal inside the mobs, I could land 99k Koki or Kageros as well.

On skillchain 12ish we were around 810 points per mob. We did get up to chain 30+ but I was not really paying attention at that point. Very fast pulls though!
[+]
 Sylph.Excalin
Server: Sylph
user: Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2021-11-11 16:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Superiority said: »
Apex mobs in Promyvion - Dem Floor 4 are ilvl 139

All Promy Apex Mob camps are 139-142.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-11-11 16:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cogs are 142-147 and highest chain I got trioboxing was this with CC corsair's roll.

Also they have high magic evasion. My pocket COR had frequent resists with Wildfire especially on 147lv cogs. I dont have Nyame on that char, but my macc isn't that low. Legs are only 14macc and hands are 28, but feet and body are relic+3 and I was using Malignance head too. Otherwise back with 20macc, +2 neck, Tauret/Blurred+1, R7 Arma and Living Bullets. Im sure some Nyame and better offhand can probably helps a lot, but dont expect going half *** geared and doing 50k Leadens (I tried Leadens with R9 DP and I got frequent resists too).
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-11 16:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Still have the +10 skills per pet level. Went from 3 to 5, resummoned each time for the +10 skills.

I just went from BST M.Level 2 to 3.

M.Level 2, Bouncing Bertha had:
Acc 1422, Atk 1251, Eva 819, Def 1136

M.Level 3, after re-calling the pet, increased +2 to each stat:
Acc 1424, Atk 1252, Eva 821, Def 1138

FWIW, yesterday when I got M.Level 2 I did get over 10 points per stat on that level up.

One thought: is it necessarily linear growth? Maybe it's intentionally uneven and some levels get higher pet skill boost than others?

It's almost certainly just rounding issues. If they get +1 to each combat skill and +1 to each attribute, they'd get +1.5 attack, accuracy, defense, and evasion per level, so you'd see them alternate between getting +1 and +2 each level (before counting the particular jug's attack and defense modifiers).
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-11-11 17:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Apex mobs in Promyvion - Dem Floor 4 are ilvl 139. 1 accuracy song from a REMA bard was enough to have our accuracy remain in the high 90%s. Also, they took solid damage from both physical and magical. If we swapped to malaise our cor could then do 99k LS easily. Depending on the color of the crystal inside the mobs, I could land 99k Koki or Kageros as well.

On skillchain 12ish we were around 810 points per mob. We did get up to chain 30+ but I was not really paying attention at that point. Very fast pulls though!

The promy mobs can do Mirage for an evasion boost, the other day it was giving nearly 200 evasion, though someone in my group mentioned that they seem to have nerfed that to 40. He was using Osmosis to steal their defense / evasion buffs, both have since been reduced significantly.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-11-11 17:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

The promy mobs can do Mirage for an evasion boost, the other day it was giving nearly 200 evasion, though someone in my group mentioned that they seem to have nerfed that to 40. He was using Osmosis to steal their defense / evasion buffs, both have since been reduced significantly.
Distract 1 will make Mirage have No Effect.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-11-11 18:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »

Distract 1 will make Mirage have No Effect.

Fine if your soloing or killing very ... slowly.
By Felgarr 2021-11-11 20:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Did today's update to pets, negatively impact pet skill bonuses from increasing Master Levels?

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58799-FINAL-FANTASY-XI-Updated-%28Nov.-11%29
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2021-11-11 23:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So SCH is kind of screwed by how they increased the skills it isn't getting any additional skill from master levels for light/dark arts.

For example under dark arts getting same elemental magic as before getting master levels but I do see the extra healing magic skill Master level is apparently raising the skill before light/dark arts does not after like merits/gear.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-11-12 00:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
So SCH is kind of screwed by how they increased the skills it isn't getting any additional skill from master levels for light/dark arts.

For example under dark arts getting same elemental magic as before getting master levels but I do see the extra healing magic skill Master level is apparently raising the skill before light/dark arts does not after like merits/gear.

RDM doesn't gain any combat skills either. Their highest weapon ranks are only Sword and Dagger at B.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2021-11-12 00:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »

RDM doesn't gain any combat skills either. Their highest weapon ranks are only Sword and Dagger at B.
um no you do get combat skills you don't need A rank to get skills, as long as your main job has some of the type of skill you benefit from master levels even if its like rank E its just that gain is lost under light/dark arts.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-11-12 00:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Never mind me.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-12 01:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So you get +1 skill only if you have some skill to begin with? It's not a straight +1 to everything regardless?
By SimonSes 2021-11-12 05:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I just want to see screenshots of people farming swarts but getting a dozen scales instead.

Can confirm it's not the same slot.

EDIT: NVM, I noticed it was already confirmed, sorry too much going on in this thread and Im from EU and usually most people write when I sleep and I have 6 new pages at the morning lol
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-12 05:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Does that confirm it?
Swart Astral Detritus have 4 possible drop slots if I'm not wrong.
Then there's a slot for Crests (which I assume is separate from the Detritus) then there's one slot for random *** (again I assume it's separate from detritus).

Then we have the Scale slot. Is it a new, 7th slot in the drop table? Or does it share the drop slot with one of the 4 Detritus slots?
I hope it's a new, separate one. That way it won't affect in any way the average Detritus_Per_Run numbers.
By SimonSes 2021-11-12 05:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Does that confirm it?
Swart Astral Detritus have 4 possible drop slots if I'm not wrong.
Then there's a slot for Crests (which I assume is separate from the Detritus) then there's one slot for random *** (again I assume it's separate from detritus).

4 slots? You talking about Dynamis? XD
Im talking about Omen. Detritus only have one slot in Omen.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-12 05:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhm... I was probably mixing things up with Wave3 yeah.
And the fact that I get multiple Detritus at the same time because I AoE mobs lol, but yeah I guess it's one slot per monster in Omen even with TH200
By Shichishito 2021-11-12 05:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, i think he confused it with those from dynamis, never seen more than a single swart drop from one mob in omen.

there is also a screenshot a couple of pages back where you see several scales and 14 swarts, 14 is a solid average in my experience. seen somewhere from 7 to up to 21ish from a single run. ofc it's too small of a sample size but indicates they don't share drop slots.
By Mattelot 2021-11-12 06:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've seen, you'll get far more scales than paragon cards. Considering you need 1 scale per item and like 30-50 cards for an item, makes sense...
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-11-12 06:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It does make sense. We've been drowning in cards for months. Getting lots of scales is more important for most people.
By SimonSes 2021-11-12 06:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have just done 4 runs. Solo Th8+ AoE.

1 Kei's scale
3 Kin's scales
3 Kyou's scales
2 Fu's scales
0 Gin's scales

Drop rate is decent, but dropping all scales for +5 inventory (like someone suggested here) is risky. It still might take several runs to get the one you want later.
By RadialArcana 2021-11-12 06:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's so stupid to link new methods of getting Omen +3 access to VR mission progress and not DD +3 upgrades, either have them both work that way or neither.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-11-12 06:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
It does make sense. We've been drowning in cards for months. Getting lots of scales is more important for most people.

I really think it was done with the expectation that people regularly group-farm cards, so those scales are going to be distributed among a dozen or more players.
[+]
 Fenrir.Svens
Server: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2021-11-12 09:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It's so stupid to link new methods of getting Omen +3 access to VR mission progress and not DD +3 upgrades, either have them both work that way or neither.

What? I'm pretty sure omen +3 doesn't require VR, you just zone into omen, get the KI, and kill 100 mobs to unlock it. My char with no VR done did this even though they had +3 access already.
By RadialArcana 2021-11-12 10:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I read you needed VR progress, if that's true then cool beans.
By Trillium 2021-11-12 11:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that new? I know cards are cansendpol, but scales were not IIRC.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 16 17 18