Using Python3 To Estimate BIS Gear Sets For Ninja.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Using Python3 to estimate BIS gear sets for Ninja.
Using Python3 to estimate BIS gear sets for Ninja.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-08-23 15:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Any particular reason to use GKT with Jinpu/Koki over Heishi with Chi/Tekki/To?
 Asura.Arico
Server: Asura
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2021-08-23 17:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

weak to wind/fire
By Izanami 2021-08-23 19:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Any particular reason to use GKT with Jinpu/Koki over Heishi with Chi/Tekki/To?

I don't think so. The enemy would have to be weak to both slashing and Wind/Fire/Light/Thunder for the great katana hybrids to potentially be worth using on Ninja. I only included these great katana sets because I wanted to quickly test if 2-handed weapons worked in my code.

Slightly related: I tried a few of these great katana hybrids in the Ramuh v1 Ambuscade that is currently available, but the damage was only about 10k~15k without multi-attack procs. I did do a 37k Kagero once on Shiva, but you can't really rely on multi-attack procs for good damage. For reference my katana hybrids were doing ~35k average with spikes up to 75k damage.

Here's another link to the code since we started a new page and older readers seeing this thread pop up again might not see that I finally posted it. https://github.com/IzaKastra/wsdist
By AegParm 2021-09-02 22:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the mpaca and nyame in the sets NQ or augmented?
By Izanami 2021-09-03 00:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

AegParm said: »
Are the mpaca and nyame in the sets NQ or augmented?

The sets posted all use max rank augments where available. So the Mpaca is R20, the Nyame is path B R20, and the UNM gear is R15.

The TP Bonus is the most important stat on Mpaca's Cap. I recommend using Mpaca's Cap even if you don't plan to augment it.
By AegParm 2021-09-03 16:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, thank you!
 Odin.Wangwang
Server: Odin
user: wangwang
By Odin.Wangwang 2021-09-07 13:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the info here, had a blast updating my entire gearswap.

Question - Is this your primary TP set for haste cap currently? https://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/381438
By Izanami 2021-09-07 15:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Wangwang said: »
Question - Is this your primary TP set for haste cap currently? ItemSet 381438

That is my go-to TP set for things like Ambuscade, Odyssey, and Dynamis when haste capped. It uses Adhemar Bonnet +1 path A (accuracy) and Adhemar Wristbands +1 path B (attack) and an Andartia's Mantle with DEX +30, Acc/Atk +20, Store TP +10, and DT -5%. The Herculean Boots in my TP set have the following augments.
I haven't studied TP sets for Ninja, but that set works well for me in situations that don't need high accuracy or high magic evasion. I wouldn't use Tatenashi on Ninja due to the lack of Ranged Accuracy, though. Samnuha Tights are really nice with max augments, but they have low accuracy so I only use them in my 0% haste set.

The front page of the main FFXIAH Ninja thread has some nice looking TP sets. Maybe I should swap the Hetairoi Ring for Epona's Ring.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [106 days between previous and next post]
By Wyrmnax 2021-12-22 11:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

This sheds a nice light on WS sets, but what about TP sets?

I have the 2021 guide for before odyssey tp sets, but what changed since then?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-12-22 11:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing. lol
By Izanami 2021-12-22 13:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Wyrmnax said: »
This sheds a nice light on WS sets, but what about TP sets?

I have the 2021 guide for before odyssey tp sets, but what changed since then?

I ran a basic test for TP sets with 1150, 1200, 1350, and 1500 accuracy requirements at 0%, 15%, 30%, and capped haste, but I'm currently ~1300 miles away from my computer with the results. I'd like to modify the TP set code a bit before I update this thread with the final results.

I was getting good results with my preliminary sets for 1200 and 1350 accuracy with all haste values on Kei/Kin solo kills while farming Shamash/Dagon, which still haven't dropped... Checking the past videos of a few of these kills, I can at least share the sets that I used for those fights. Note that these were created by minimizing the average number of attack rounds per weapon skill, which is decent way to do this, but probably not the best since it ignores white damage, which is typically ~30% of your total damage. I don't expect white damage to be significantly better with other sets if properly accounted for.

1200 Acc (midboss), Haste Cap:

1350 Acc (boss), Haste Cap:

1350 Acc (boss), 15% Haste (Ulmia only):

1350 Acc (boss), 30% Haste (Koru-Moru only):

I recall that the low haste and low accuracy sets used Ryuo Somen +1C and Tatenashi hands & feet +1 R15. I did not use those sets in the videos, so I can't confirm the entire sets.

These sets likely perform nearly identically to the 2021 Ninja Gearsets thread, anyway. Note that you won't be capped Subtle Blow with these sets, but you can likely swap in one or two pieces of Kendatsuba +1 for Subtle Blow without losing a significant amount of time per weapon skill. The set I posted before the Necro-bump is good and nearly identical to the main Ninja thread TP set, but I've been testing these new sets recently.

I'll update this thread with "best" TP sets after I've modified the code to be a bit more sophisticated than "fewest attack rounds per WS" sometime later.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2021-12-22 17:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

are you doing these sets under the effect of sange? I cant understand the body.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-12-22 17:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

if you mean the chainmail, he's not capped on haste in those sets.
[+]
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2022-01-04 12:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Why does it feel, after reading through 3 Ninja Forums today; Ninja has been cornered into Savage Blade job like half the other jobs in the game. Sad face.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2022-01-04 12:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Otomis said: »
Why does it feel, after reading through 3 Ninja Forums today; Ninja has been cornered into Savage Blade job like half the other jobs in the game. Sad face.

Not really, Blade: Ten is pretty great.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-04 12:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Savage Blade 50% STR / MND
fTP: 4.0 / 10.25 / 13.75 (+1 hit)

Blade: Ten 30% STR / DEX
fTP: 4.5 / 11.5 / 15.5

It's down to Naegling vs Heishin. Heishin Ninja can already get +950 TP Bonus without offhand, looks very interesting with Nyame.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-01-11 21:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Your hit rate calculation takes into account level correction for hit rate, nothing after SoA should have level correction. this doesn't seem to affect pdif that I can find. I verified by adjusting mob's level to 200 instead of 130 and got a drastic change in gear to accommodate the needed accuracy

in wsdist.py it is under the get_hitrate() function, changing to this will resolve it. it also doesn't get floored so you can have half a percentage of hit rate, i don't know if you intend that or not
Code
acc_check = (
        75 + 0.5 * (player_accuracy + 100 * first + ws_acc - enemy_eva)
    ) / 100
[+]
By Izanami 2022-01-11 21:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Your hit rate calculation takes into account level correction for hit rate, nothing after SoA should have level correction. this doesn't seem to affect pdif that I can find. I verified by adjusting mob's level to 200 instead of 130 and got a drastic change in gear to accommodate the needed accuracy

Thanks for the note, I didn't realize that the enemy level didn't affect accuracy after SoA. I see now that BG states "The dLVL term only applies in areas with level correction." I'll update that bit of code soon.

I skipped the level correction step in the pdif function, so it shouldn't affect PDIF.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-01-12 10:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You also seem to have specific bonuses, like relic/mythic/ambuscade additive with weapon skill damage instead of multiplicative. it only appears to apply to the main hit since additional and offhand hits pass in 0 for WSD

get_phys_damage()
Code
    phys = int(
        (wpn_dmg + fstr_wpn + wsc)
        * ftp
        * pdif
        * (1 + crit * crit_dmg)
        * (1 + ws_bonus + wsd * (total_hits == 1))
    )
    return phys

and get_avg_phys_damage()
Code
    phys = int(
        (wpn_dmg + fstr_wpn + wsc)
        * ftp
        * pdif
        * (1 + crit_rate * crit_dmg)
        * (1 + ws_bonus + wsd)
    )
    return phys
[+]
By Izanami 2022-01-12 14:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You also seem to have specific bonuses, like relic/mythic/ambuscade additive with weapon skill damage instead of multiplicative.
I looked into this and agree that it should be multiplicative. The spreadsheet also appears to use multiplicative. Correcting this brings Metsu 3% closer to the spreadsheet value (from 6% to 3%) The other weapon skills that I checked that would be affected were already in good agreement with the spreadsheet, but still see small (<1.0%) corrections. For example, Blade: Shun saw a 0.5% correction when attack capped (~0.1% correction when underbuffed).

I'm not sure why I used additive. It may simply be a typo if I was distracted in the middle of writing that one line of the code.

it only appears to apply to the main hit since additional and offhand hits pass in 0 for WSD
In the current version, the wsd=0 for additional and off-hand hits does not affect ws_bonus since they were added together. If I had multiplied them instead, then the additional and off-hand hits would also cancel the ws_bonus. The corrected code will use (1+wsd)*(1+ws_bonus) as it should've been from the beginning.

Thanks for taking a look at the code in detail. It's nice to finally have a 2nd set of eyes trying to find issues. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few more issues throughout the code.

After I've fixed these issues, I'll rerun the code using R25 Odyssey gear.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-01-12 15:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Izanami said: »
In the current version, the wsd=0 for additional and off-hand hits does not affect ws_bonus since they were added together. If I had multiplied them instead, then the additional and off-hand hits would also cancel the ws_bonus. The corrected code will use (1+wsd)*(1+ws_bonus) as it should've been from the beginning.
as long as wsd is 0, which you were passing 0 for wsd for any additional hits:
x * (1 + wsd) * (1 + ws_bonus) = x * (1 + wsd + ws_bonus)

so it shouldn't have cancelled any ws_bonus, only main was affected, particularly larger single hit ones like savage/metsu/hi to a lesser extent

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-01-14 23:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

qultada buffs aren't static, naegling has it's attack increased during ws, and are you sure you didn't miss hits somewhere or kill the mob prematurely? and is your sample size just one ws each?

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-01-15 00:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

it's not impossible with the ws attack feature of naegling.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-01-15 00:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The link shows all his results from different levels of buffs. Your ten numbers are still pretty low, though. Are you sure roll potency was the same, food, dia, etc?

Post deleted by User.
By Izanami 2022-01-28 23:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I've finally gotten around to updating my code. The sets on the first post of this thread are now up-to-date for Master Level 20 Lv.99NIN/53WAR with R25 Odyssey gear. There is a Master Level increase coming soon, but I don't expect R30 Odyssey gear for many months. Running this with R30 Odyssey gear is meaningless right now, but I do have R30 Odyssey gear in the gear.py file if you wanted to mess with it yourself. The Imgur links to distribution images have also been updated to show up-to-date distributions for these new sets and corrected code. Additionally, since FFXIAH has added Crepuscular gear to their gearsets, I've properly added Crepuscular Pebble/Knife where appropriate to each of the sets, rather than the placeholders I was using previously.

I've updated the front page post to show sets for Tachi: Kasha/Jinpu/Koki/Goten/Kagero sets.

I'm not familiar with Github's version control when adding new files and deleting old files, so I've simply created a new Github repository for the updated code and new files: https://github.com/IzaKastra/wsdist_v2.

Changes to the code:
  • The ws_bonus issue brought up by Austar has been fixed.

• The level correction term for hit-rate calculation has been removed. Thanks again, Austar.

• I've moved a few of the functions to separate files to reduce the number of lines and clutter in the main file.

• The references to "/Windower/res/items.lua" and "equipviewer/icons/" have been removed. I instead created(copied) a modified version of these files and included them on the Github project repository. Since this now includes icons for every item in the /equipviewer/icons/ folder, the total size of all of the files for this code is now >20 MB.

• Up to three gear slots may be modified simultaneously when finding the best set. I don't recommend going above two, though. Three slots has a runtime of about 60 minutes per set, while two is about five minutes for the same results.

Things I noticed while updating the sets:

• Gleti's Knife R25 has been replacing Crepuscular Knife on many of the high-buff sets when compared to ML0 99NIN/49WAR with R20 Odyssey gear. This is good since NextGames/Logical's recent video on Ninja TP sets suggests that Gleti's Knife R25 is also best for TPing.

• Nyame Path B R25 has replaced Malignance Gloves, Relic Feet +3, and Relic Legs +3 in many sets.

Future direction:
  • It turns out Python has a native GUI package (tkinter). I'll be playing with this and trying to create a fancy-looking GUI interface over the next few months since I can use what I learn about tkinter now for my real-world job in about 2 years.

• The original post contains a ton of useful information, but it creates a problem for quickly accessing just the sets themselves. I'm slowly working on creating a fancy FFXIAH "node" to make everything more presentable and easier to access. Nodes are frequently used to format the job guides we see throughout this website.

Even though I've done some cleaning up with the code on this iteration, there are likely still small issues throughout. There is even a decent chance that I created more issues with how I rearranged the code. I believe I've already fixed the newer issues created from rearranging things, but let me know if you spot anything else that needs fixing. The output damage values and distributions seem reasonable for ML20 stats. Hopefully there are no major issues. I do not want to rerun everything again for another few weeks.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-01-29 09:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Izanami said: »
It turns out Python has a native GUI package (tkinter). I'll be playing with this and trying to create a fancy-looking GUI interface over the next few months since I can use what I learn about tkinter now for my real-world job in about 2 years.
in my experience and opinion, tkinter is a bit clunky. i like to use ronpython, make my guis in C# and the backend in python. everything is easy to lineup, will snap to a "grid" of sorts so you can make even different sized objects lineup and all you do is drag it from the toolbox and apply some settings to it. it's way easier and looks better since tkinter you have to write out the code to generate every object. microsoft even has some documentation for working with pyton in visual studio.
https://ironpython.net/
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/python/overview-of-python-tools-for-visual-studio?view=vs-2022

This is just an example of setting it up for what I do for full simulations. The combo boxes would be gear lists. Obviously I'd add more check boxes for buffs and an other objects to adjust potency and gear to swap when using certain abilities, like cyclas for impetus on mnk for example. But imo it's a lot easier and more crisp looking
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9