Asura.Essylt
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2020-09-10 02:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
geigei said: »
You don't have to solo it, shouts exists.
And the only "difficult" one is Tumult.

You've clearly never done a Sovereign shout (on asura) lul
But sovereign only needs a GEO and 2 DDs who can make light and have a pulse. Or did I just get extremely lucky with my pugs?
By Ozaii 2020-09-10 02:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »

You've clearly never done a Sovereign shout (on asura) lul
But sovereign only needs a GEO and 2 DDs who can make light and have a pulse. Or did I just get extremely lucky with my pugs?
Sov just needs a bard and 1 dd. Or just 1 pup overdriving if i remember right.
By Draylo 2020-09-10 02:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Stay tuned for when everything goes +2
[+]
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2020-09-10 03:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Commuppances +1 get
DEX + 20
Acc/Mag Acc +40
STP +10
Pet Acc/ Mag Acc +40
By SimonSes 2020-09-10 03:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgot about ranger, full ranger melee build

With the TA it isn't even "bad" for KC ranger

Malignance for KC would still be imo better.
TP per round wont be better actually. If you look at Austar's simulation for KC, you will see 15%TA only increase attacks per round by ~3%. Loosing 9 store TP from Malignance will decrease TP gain by about 3.5% even with perfect 11 Crooked Samurai Roll. So there is no advantage here for Tatenashi.

The only advantage of Tatenashi is accuracy
+3 on body
+17~18 on legs
+2 on feet
+6~7 on hands

Legs being the biggest accuracy piece in set, but also creating an gear haste problem. 5/5 Malignance is optimal 26% haste. Switching legs drops you to 22%, so you would need to switch waist. My set assume Olseni belt which is 20acc and 3sTP. All RNG belts with haste has only acc or store tp, never both. You can wear. Wearing storeTP belt almost doesnt make sense, because your overall gain would be +1sTP (+6 from Sweordfaetels +1 -3 from Olseni -2from Malignance legs) and -2~3 accuracy. So your only option is wearing haste+acc. In this case best is Hurch'lan Sash for overall gain +12~13accuracy and 3%TA and loss of 5sTP, 70meva, 7%DT and 4MDB. Definitely not worth it unless you really need accuracy.

What is also stupid about Tatenashi is that you are forced to choose rank 1 Unity or you lose one of the most important statistic for this set to work as TP set.

Imo this set will find more use for WSing. Body and legs looks especially good for Howlign Fist, Raging Fists and Tornado Kick. Legs probably also being good for Vsmite (tho it would need deeper look, because you lose some crit rate and/or TA for more STR). Body also maybe good for Stringing Pummel?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-10 03:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhm, Cerby was fine, I've killed it with PUGs ages ago when they first introduced the content. Main problem back then was the acc, which is not an issue these days.

The Khimaira one was pretty though though. I mean it's probably cakewalk nowadays but back then it wasn't exactely PUGfriendly and definitely not something you'd want to fight as a returnee player.

Plus Sheol C honestly has a very small number of gear for a very small number of jobs, not sure I'd define these items as "generalistic stuff for returning players", not at all.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-10 03:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Body looks to be a cheap Dagon Breastplate option for warrior in the very least. Warrior looks to be the biggest winner from that set in general, if it wants to drop from it's 100% DA rate to make it happen. Haste would not be an issue with R15 Seething. For all of the other jobs, not really that appealing
By Ozaii 2020-09-10 03:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

What augs did that shield get. Any chance it got a ton of fencer to compete with the magian axe?
By Wotasu 2020-09-10 03:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ozaii said: »
What augs did that shield get. Any chance it got a ton of fencer to compete with the magian axe?
Acc/Macc+15 Enhancing Skill+10
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-10 03:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Wotasu said: »
Forfend is nice for RDM when you can't dualwield, so you can equip the Enha+11 sword MH and the Enha+10 shield offhand.
Same thing as using both swords, but can do it even when you're not /NIN or /DNC.

It's nice and it's +1% TA on RDM.
That's it, nothing else that I can think of.
By Ozaii 2020-09-10 03:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wotasu said: »
Oh god please say sike lol. Thats a little silly.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-09-10 04:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Montante +1 makes me said not gonna lie. I wasn't gonna get mass use out of it anyway because Cala but I thought it would be more TA or like STP. Loricate Torque also kinda makes me sad it should've been HP on it. Only thing I see 100% worth upgrading for me is Contemplator +1 for rdm.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-10 04:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Contemplator is quite hot indeed for RDM.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2020-09-10 04:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

As always, good job SE, this combo zerg murgleis R15, nice job /bow
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Server: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-09-10 05:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the augs on Flyssa +1?
By Mrgrim 2020-09-10 05:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
Mercs going to making bank from Tumult.

Sup did someone say tumult?
[+]
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2020-09-10 06:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Flyssa got Dmg 20 acc/macc 40 and DT-5

The climb is pretty easy, only 4 floors for clear
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-10 06:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »

Ehr, no? Murgleis is still more Macc, and that's even without factoring the Macc aftermath, if you wanna go for it.
Not like I'd suggest anyone to build a Murgleis, but still it's still the BiS for Macc on RDM.

Contemplator +1 takes the spot previously reserved to Grioavolr, with Macc+/Enfskill+/MND+ augs. It was used as midcast for Distract/Frazzle, spells that need both MND and Enf skill to raise their potency.

Contemplator will do that without having to sacrifice your soul to the gods of RNG and with more macc than you could ever hope to get on Grioavolr, closing the gap a bit with other options.

Now I'm not sure if Contemplator+1 can actually become RDM's second best choice for pure macc, right after Murgleis?
The options we have are:
Daybreak/Ammurapi for 43MND/92Macc.
Maxentius/Ammurapi is 28MND/100Macc
Contemplator+1/Khonsu is 22MND/100Macc

Not sure if I forgot anything.
Btw for Frazzle/Distract I'd use Enki Strap Mephitis Grip in place of Khonsu.
By Aerix 2020-09-10 06:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw for Frazzle/Distract I'd use Enki Strap in place of Khonsu.
~20 less macc but +10 MND.

With Gain-MND, Relic+3 bonus and high-end gear you'll almost always have plenty of MND to cap out dMND anyway. For skill enfeebles you'd get more benefit out of Mephitis Grip on anything where resists aren't an issue.

Of course, the difference is very slight, but it's still a difference to those who want to minmax.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-09-10 06:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing to waste my money on from odyssey cheers to that.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-10 06:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot Mephitis grip exists. Ironically it's what I already use in my lua.
I absolutely agree with you of course (minus the MND capping, not that easy on stuff that matters I'm afraid) but for some reason its existance skipped my mind when I wrote my previous post lol.

Sorry and thanks for clarifying Aerix!
[+]
 Asura.Truece
user: Truece
By Asura.Truece 2020-09-10 06:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I'm not sure if Contemplator+1 can actually become RDM's second best choice for pure macc, right after Murgleis?
The options we have are:

RDM can’t use Khonsu.
[+]
By geigei 2020-09-10 06:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Plus Sheol C honestly has a very small number of gear for a very small number of jobs, not sure I'd define these items as "generalistic stuff for returning players", not at all.
I was talking about ody in general since you're not locked behind su5 cost/jp requirements, relics/af's.
Literally is just solo thf but time consuming.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-10 06:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »

Ehr, no? Murgleis is still more Macc, and that's even without factoring the Macc aftermath, if you wanna go for it.
Not like I'd suggest anyone to build a Murgleis, but still it's still the BiS for Macc on RDM.

Contemplator +1 takes the spot previously reserved to Grioavolr, with Macc+/Enfskill+/MND+ augs. It was used as midcast for Distract/Frazzle, spells that need both MND and Enf skill to raise their potency.

Contemplator will do that without having to sacrifice your soul to the gods of RNG and with more macc than you could ever hope to get on Grioavolr, closing the gap a bit with other options.

The options we have are:

That's a whole lotta maybes for a job who has finally in the past 18 months had the chance to grow into a true "melee mage", and then rip that away by returning us to the monotony of Staff over Sword. I can't see myself spending the time+gil to RP one.

Crocea+Daybreak would be 30MND/90macc, with a mainhand that gets +255 magic accuracy skill (vs the 228 on Contemplator+1), without sacrificing a strong DPS option. And if you already have a Murgleis, I see even less reason to waste that time.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-10 07:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Crocea+Daybreak would be 30MND/90macc, with a mainhand that gets +255 magic accuracy skill (vs the 228 on Contemplator+1), without sacrificing a strong DPS option. And if you already have a Murgleis, I see even less reason to waste that time.
I'm not sure I see your point.
I mean you just described another pretty fantastic option/setup for RDM, it's wonderful, isn't it?

I wouldn't dare to say that should be the standard though, or the one goal to aim for when playing RDM.
It's a style, if you like it go for it, it's awesome.
It's simply not the only one or THE way to play RDM.

I don't get your statement about Murgleis either.
If you're so dedicated to RDM that you spent the time and insane amount of gil to get a Murgleis, surely getting a Compensator+1 (which, again, it's likely BiS for Frazzle/Distract) won't be a big deal for you?

Not trying to attack you Cele, not at all, I'm just a bit confused by your post :x
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-10 07:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Unagihito said: »
The monthly HTBF objective text is correct this month.

Thank you.

Pretty much exactly what I came here for. How they have *** this thing up multiple times is beyond me. They have to have someone in Japan that knows English and has played the game, right? Right?
[+]
By Aerix 2020-09-10 07:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I absolutely agree with you of course (minus the MND capping, not that easy on stuff that matters I'm afraid)

Indeed, it's not that easy on really high-end stuff and is in fact probably not even possible with current gear if the mob is a WHM or the like. Even some 139 Apex mobs already have 455ish in their casting attribute, which is almost equal to a BiS RDM's MND with Gain-MND active. And plenty of NMs are likely a step above that.

In other words, my point is that you'll probably be capping on anything that's feasible to cap on. On anything else it probably won't matter anyway, so the skill will give you more bang for your buck regardless because at most you only get +1 to Distract's/Frazzle's effect for every 10 MND above an enemy's and nothing if you're below. +5 skill will always improve the effect by roughly 1 point.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-10 07:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I'm not sure I see your point.
I mean you just described another pretty fantastic option/setup for RDM, it's wonderful, isn't it?

I wouldn't dare to say that should be the standard though, or the one goal to aim for when playing RDM.
It's a style, if you like it go for it, it's awesome.
It's simply not the only one or THE way to play RDM.

I don't get your statement about Murgleis either.
If you're so dedicated to RDM that you spent the time and insane amount of gil to get a Murgleis, surely getting a Compensator+1 (which, again, it's likely BiS for Frazzle/Distract) won't be a big deal for you?

Not trying to attack you Cele, not at all, I'm just a bit confused by your post :x

No sense of attack felt, @Sechs. All very valid points. Maybe first a little background on my RDM may explain some of the latter questions, then I'll address your earlier ones.

1. RDM was my first job, so I built my first RMEA as a Murgleis more as a tribute to that first job, not as "what's the best weapon I can build". It was a labor of love, not logic. Thankfully, with Afterglowing, and now RP'ing, it still retains its place as the most accurate weapon we have. So that's how I personally can justify spending the time and gil on a two-way weapon like Murgleis or a Crocea, vs a very singular purpose weapon like what Contemplator+1 ended up as.

I'd agree its hard to justify building one these days with as many options RDM has that are close. Also why I said "if you already have a Murgleis" vs "you should build a Murgleis"- I love the weapon, but I also am aware its VERY niche at best.

2. I will certainly admit, and I think most people who play Red Mage seriously would agree, that the variance capable from the job is what attracted us to it, and being able to vary your role is very important to the job. So you're right, you're not always going to want to be that "melee mage" and there will be times where backlining is what's best for your party/alliance.

3. But- going back to my comments about a "single purpose" weapon vs a "dual purpose" one- that's why I don't consider it worth my time nor effort. Its so very limited, and sometimes one needs to focus their gil and time on things that bring more to the table.

For me, right now my gil and time are going to many other things that will provide multiple benefits- for RDM, that's going from a ***neck to finally getting that +2 neck, as my focus has been on other jobs for the past 3 years. I'll see greater benefits from my gil and time by RP'ing a +2 neck than building a contemplator+1.

I think you identified how Contemplator+1 fully augmented can be a great addition to a RDM's toolbox for the situations of Frazzle/Distract, as well as being a phenomenal general enfeebling tool. But I don't see that value as equivalent to the cost.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-09-10 07:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gippo said: »
Quote:
The issue with certain monster resistances wherein multihit Blood Pacts would do less damage than intended.

At first I was happy to read this, but thinking about it, the devs should be 100% transparent about this type of ***. What mobs? what situations?

It's 2020, at this point is anyone going to think any less of the 2 guys whose entire job is to support a 20 year old game?

It was refreshing to read about treasure hunter.... for 1 update. Now we're back to needing a rosetta stone to filter through the spaghetti code.
Some mobs, like Dynamis-D NMs, have a special kind of resistance to repeated WSs resistance where a mob getting hit by the same WS twice or more within a small time period without different WSs being used in between will penalize the damage.

For SMN, this resistance was kicking in after the first hit of a multi-hit bloodpact and applying to the rest of the hits, so even the initial use of those BPs were getting nerfed into the ground when they shouldn't be.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10