Forum » FFXI » General » September 2020 Version Update
September 2020 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-09-11 11:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I agree with that. The story's nice and all but ultimately I'm spending hundreds of hours on all the various casual and no-so-casual grinds not on MSQs.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-11 13:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, holy ***.

24 hours of absolutely no sales on wings, and then this morning 232 stacks sell. Good job at least holding out to keep the price 2m, I guess.

(I fully did not expect that at all) Only one moron out of 10,000+ is actually amazing, in the literal sense of the word.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-11 14:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
"A bit"? Understatement of the century.
Well I was tryin to contain myself!
Despite the fact that I really liked ToAU yeah, I was really disappointed by how all the things wrap up in the end. Felt like a lot of potential got wasted there.

Adoulin was similar maybe but overall I'd say it did a much better job honestly.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-11 14:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
lol, holy ***.

24 hours of absolutely no sales on wings, and then this morning 232 stacks sell. Good job at least holding out to keep the price 2m, I guess.

(I fully did not expect that at all) Only one moron out of 10,000+ is actually amazing, in the literal sense of the word.

I still would like to know why people held off on buying and forced the price much lower this time that was different from others. This has never happened. If we could do this every time it would be amazing. Haven't figured it out. Even some bazaar people are going lower in price.

#powertothepeople
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-11 14:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what's blowing my mind. NEVER before.
By Viciouss 2020-09-11 14:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I think someone said the real reason earlier, the sparks nerf has made people more cautious about what they spend their gil on. Combined with the fact that the gear itself sucks, and this is the 3rd go round, we know how it works.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-11 14:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

A and B gear sucked too and sparks were nerfed when A came out. So neither one is really accurate.

C sucks more but logic has never been the motivating factor. The combination of shittiest, and smallest amount, and sparks nerf play a role, but there should absolutely have been the idiot rush regardless.... and there wasn't.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-11 14:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

A and B gear sucked too and sparks were nerfed when A came out. So neither one is really accurate.

C sucks more but logic has never been the motivating factor. The combination of shittiest, and smallest amount, and sparks nerf play a role, but there should absolutely have been the idiot rush regardless.... and there wasn't.

I agree I'm surprised at the lack of rush at least among enough of the "capped gil crowd" to keep things rolling- but there were many build-changing pieces in A and B that justified the higher volume moving and a more stable price.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-11 15:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

"we" did the whole A and B items "aren't worth 60m" but the people were still willing to do it.

Loess and Contemplator are just as "worth 60m" as blistering/cohort/gazu/salifi were (see: not)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-11 15:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be because they released Sheol B and C basically back to back. Some people haven't even finished their R15 upgrades from B, and then they looked at C and realized there was no real desire.

Still doesn't explain it completely. Players were hesitant this time around and I for one am ecstatic. I watched a guy shout to sell his wings for hours and nobody bought a single one until he cut price in half. lol
[+]
By geigei 2020-09-11 15:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Accolade nerf affect all of us.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-09-11 15:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »

I think it just took some time to take effect. When the nerf first hit a lot of people (myself included) had atleast 1 char with capped gil.

That gil slowly got drained and now it's lower than ever for myself and I'm sure for others as well
[+]
By Taint 2020-09-11 16:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
geigei said: »

I think it just took some time to take effect. When the nerf first hit a lot of people (myself included) had atleast 1 char with capped gil.

That gil slowly got drained and now it's lower than ever for myself and I'm sure for others as well

I have lots of gil but I'm definitely way more frugal now. When before I was looking for ways to spend gil now I'm much more strategic.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-09-11 17:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
I don't think people are being as careless on spending now...
And it sucks! I have plenty of crafted things from before the sparks nerf that still haven't sold
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-09-11 22:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
x12 NQ are obtained from the new TVR mission.

...and perhaps the +1 version is obtained from a future TVR mission. A one-time batch of food never to be obtained again.
By soralin 2020-09-11 23:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cornelia does say its a family recipe.
[+]
By Afania 2020-09-12 00:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I looked at C gears real quick, at first glance there are less attractive pieces than A and B. I can name at least 5 pieces from A and 10 pieces from B that I could use for certain builds on just 1 job, not really interested in anything from C so far.

I think the unique states from A and B accessories makes them overall a bit more attractive. Most of the C augments are just mediocre DD augments on already mediocre weapons. 45 rattk 40 macc dmg+5 on the gun.... really? If they put something like counter +10 at least I could get them for counter build. (Or counter on loricate, which makes more sense.)

Also HP+100 on Montate is a wasted opportunity as well, if its counter or stp+10 or something I'd consider it.

In fact, even B has better weapons than C lol. See ternion and loxotic. Kustawi is an upgrade too.

Sure, C has comtemplator...which isn't enough to drive the sales. A and B has overall higher quantity of useful gears.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-12 01:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
I looked at C gears real quick, at first glance there are less attractive pieces than A and B. I can name at least 5 pieces from A and 10 pieces from B that I could use for certain builds on just 1 job, not really interested in anything from C so far.

Well, afaik C covered like 15 items, A like 32 and B 54? So its kinda normal that if you look only from perspective of your jobs, then you wont find more in less amount of items.

If you look from all jobs perspective then there is several items worth picking up.
By Afania 2020-09-12 02:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Afania said: »

Well, afaik C covered like 15 items, A like 32 and B 54? So its kinda normal that if you look only from perspective of your jobs, then you wont find more in less amount of items.

If you look from all jobs perspective then there is several items worth picking up.

Sure, but you can also look from all jobs perspective for A and B and I'm pretty sure that they'll end up having more useful items too. I mean, B has more than 3 times of items to pick from, that's much higher quantity than C.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-09-13 07:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Primer on Martial Techniques raises the Merit Weaponskill cap by 5, to 20. Was hoping for 10, but still appreciated.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-13 23:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

And in a stunning turn of events wings go back up to 3.5m

[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-09-14 01:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Loricate Torque +1 for sure
Maybe Dominance +1 if I feel like it for high Acc builds

Off the cuff for MNK:
* Tatenashi body +1 seems good for pure DPS when TPing. You gain something like ~5% DPS depending on the situation and lose a lot of magic evasion/DT compared to Malignance Tabard. I don't know if it's worth it considering when I use MNK. Body also isn't bad for VS without Impetus.
* Tatenashi legs +1 seems good for Raging Fists

Hands seem to generally be trumped by Adhemar +1. Feet never seem good.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-14 01:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

With the three Odyssey wings sharing the same entry KI, wasn't it a bad choice for them to have 3 different upgrade items?
If each wing had its own KI sure, but with a shared one it means of course people will only farm the most requested one and/or the easiest to farm.
Which means that once things stabilize (1 month?) the mats from that wing will be cheaper than the others.

If we see this in a long span of time, like 1-2 years from now, it means some of those mats could become expensive* and/or annoying to find.
I dunno, wouldn't it have been better to have the same single mat, maybe different amounts required for each tier if they really wanted to create a difference between them, instead of adding 3 different types?

I just can't shake the thought that it wasn't a really smart idea on their end to go this route.

In a world where Gil isn't infinite, duping doesn't exist and you already have to spend ~200m to R15 a RMEA, ~150m for a Divergence weapon, ~65m for a +2 neck, 30+ m for SU3 and other gear.
I dunno, I can't really call these Odyssey items "cheap" when they cost 20+m each, some are just minimal upgrades and you need like 15+ of them.
Then again, I guess this helps giving people objectives instead of staying in town bored & afk, whining they have nothing to do.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-14 01:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's always better to do it simple.

Look at how god awful Pluton Beitetsu and Riftborns are (were) They flux up and down from best to garbage at a moments notice because devs decided to make one upgrade better than another.

There was nothing worse than doing a set of HTB and coming out with 500 riftborns, while everyone else got 500 plutons.

Look at how terrible relic+3 was/is. Nothing blows harder than getting pup drops over mnk. Sch drops over cor. Nin drops over whatever their pair is.

It's the ultimate irony that it's VERY imbalanced to use different items for samelike objectives. But. Necessary evil, feeds gambling addicts.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-14 02:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Which means that once things stabilize (1 month?) the mats from that wing will be cheaper than the others.

If we see this in a long span of time, like 1-2 years from now, it means some of those mats could become expensive* and/or annoying to find.

I dont think this is whats gonna happen. I think people who farm to sell will farm the one that gives best gil outcome. Which means everyone will farm the same, which will produce to much stacks on ah and price of this one will drop, so people will farm other path because previous best wont be best anymore. Then it will switch again etc. There is big chance it will rotate only between B and A tho, but you can simply farm wings fron C by yourself and buy hides and scales if you dont want to wait.
[+]
By soralin 2020-09-14 02:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

And in a stunning turn of events wings go back up to 3.5m

As I stated prior, farming Sheol C produces about half as many wings as you get hides or scales from A and B.

Since they all have the same entry KI and share the same cooldown, you as a farmer effectively have to charge about twice as much for wings, otherwise its not worth farming them.

Plain and simple, Sheol C just gives about half the supply.
By Pantafernando 2020-09-14 03:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy fix

Make RoE Sheol A, B and C weekly.

2 weeks later, lustress market drops like 70%
By soralin 2020-09-14 03:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno if it needs a fix, I actually prefer Sheol C though.

Im fine with running C over A/B at a slight loss though, because the runs are much faster. Takes me about 12 minutes per C run, vs about 20 or so per A or B.

As nice as the slightly better gil is from A or B, I have a job and a family, being able to do my 6 runs in half the time is a huge boon.

So I honestly am super pleased with the way SE approached Sheol C, I hope it stays at least moderately profitable for a good while, I dont wanna go back to 20 minute runs.

Like Floor 2 of Sheol C often has all 3 chests within 10 feet of each other (Sucks when they mimic though), and the whole run is pretty linear and requires very little backtracking.

Compared to B, where I only run half of Floor 3, then have to note each time how many chests I missed on Floor 3, then up at floor 6 warp back and pick up the missing chests on the other end.

Basically, Sheol C is just a lot more relaxed, simple, and easy to go through.
By SimonSes 2020-09-14 04:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Why even making it drop tho? They nerfed sparks, so its kinda good they provide another gil farming methods. If you dont like the price, you probably just farm gils different way and want to buy Odyssey things, but then someone who farm Odyssey can ask to drop farming potency of your event by 70%. Doesnt make sense. Its really the same for Swarts or anything else. Everyone can farm those easily. There is almost no special requirements, yet many people whine about the price. Even people who get gils from mercing should thinks about this twice. If people wont be able to farm gils, they wont be able to pay for mercing. Unless merc groups only target people who buy gils from RMT those days?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10