Asura.Suteru
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-10-18 19:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Kriz said: »
I'm not sure how to classify this one, but:

The View House menu help text for Mog Safe 2 says "View content of Mog Safe. Items can only be removed or stored when inside your Mog House." whereas the original Mog Safe says ""View content of Mog Safe. Items can only be removed or stored when inside your Mog House or Rent-a-Room."

I know, not too important, it works from any Mog House/Rent-a-Room of course.

Notably, Mog Safe/Mog Safe 2 are accessible via Nomad Moogle, but Storage is not, even though it says the exact same help text too.

Probably because the original JP text for this has been around since before there were Nomad Moogles. I don't think any of them reference Nomad Moogles at all.
 Odin.Bangla
Server: Odin
user: Ceal
By Odin.Bangla 2020-10-23 20:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Coconut Rusk description is incorrect. Item states “synthesis failure rate -6%”, but it’s “Decreases likelihood of synthesis material loss +6%”
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-10-23 22:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Bangla said: »
Coconut Rusk description is incorrect. Item states “synthesis failure rate -6%”, but it’s “Decreases likelihood of synthesis material loss +6%”

Looks like Sugar Rusk and Chocolate Rusk are also affected. Added all three.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-11-02 00:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Orunmila's Torque (10394) Says "Fast Cast" effect+5 instead of the normal "Fast Cast" +5%
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-11-10 17:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated the first post. Three weapons have the same name as an existing item, but they only acknowledged one of them in the version update notes.

The community reps really appreciate this thread and watch it a lot according to their recent podcast with Nudawn. Going to continue to update it as much as possible!
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-11-16 06:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Incanter's Torque (26016) says Magic skills +10 , while the Inyanga Dastanas NQ/+1/+2 and Stikini Ring NQ/+1 say All magic skills +#

This also brings in the Combatant's Torque saying Combat skills +10

Probably best to just change All magic skills to Magic skills imo
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-11-16 06:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Here are two context threads for the Terpsichore problems:

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/24498-Terpsichore-and-Glanzfaust

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/forums/71#threads/38135

I believe that I got them to fix it in the first post, but then the 119 version came out wrong and when they tried to fix it they actually messed up all versions.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-12-12 22:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Food item Oden +1 (ID: 6471) has two errors in the "log name (plural)":
"bowl of oden +2"
it should be
"bowls of oden +1"

Item Konjak (ID: 6502)
Typo in the item help text:
"An incredibly health foodstuff produced from konjak tubers."
it should be
"An incredibly healthy foodstuff produced from konjak tubers."
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-12-12 23:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I don't see it in the first post, and I find it interesting...

Hizamaru Somen +2 has a weird white space issue.

In between Somen and +2 it visibly looks like there are two spaces. In gearswap, I can't get the item to work with a single space, nor with a double space. I basically have to do an export, and then copy/paste it into a lua to get it to work. The interesting thing is the weird white space is actually visible in the game client.
[+]
 Shiva.Haldarn
Server: Shiva
user: Haldarn
By Shiva.Haldarn 2020-12-13 08:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

In between Somen and +2 it visibly looks like there are two spaces. In gearswap, I can't get the item to work with a single space, nor with a double space. I basically have to do an export, and then copy/paste it into a lua to get it to work. The interesting thing is the weird white space is actually visible in the game client.
Good spot. It's an 'ideographic space'. Copy and paste this invisible character between the square brackets:[ ] to get your macro working.
[+]
 Asura.Thefoxdanger
user: Flayer
By Asura.Thefoxdanger 2020-12-15 16:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I found this as well, where corrosive ooze on the tooltip for Generous Arthur says it is fire damage when it is very clearly water damage. I skimmed the rest of these posts and didn't see it mentioned anywhere, so if its a duplicate I apologize.

Here's the screenshot, I don't post much so hopefully it actually displays.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-12-15 19:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Haldarn said: »
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

Good spot. It's an 'ideographic space'. Copy and paste this invisible character between the square brackets:[ ] to get your macro working.

Yeah, as I said gearswap exports it with the correct space to work. I just thought it was interesting, so I thought I'd comment about it.

It's also right in the items.lua in res.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-12-20 10:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Added the last couple reported errors. I am hoping we get some more of these addressed soon...
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-12-24 23:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hasso gear, EMP iLVL and AF iLVL have different naming but I want to run some numbers since we have different values then SE list sometimes before posting all of it. Posting here so I don't forget to after Christmas or Funk can bug me so he can add it to the list :P
 Fenrir.Positron
Server: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2021-01-08 01:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

A couple very minor ones:

The short name "Ogma's cape" has a lowercase 'c'. (fixed Jan 2021)
The short name "Tr. Gr. Coffer." for Tryl-Wuj's grand coffer has an erroneous trailing period.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-01-18 10:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated OP, also a bump for more reports.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2021-01-18 13:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Here are some more to go along with the Corrosive Ooze typo that's already been reported:

• Numbing Noise pet ability from the pet Suspicious Alice says in the tooltip that the move deals damage when it only inflicts Stun effect.

• Predatory Glare pet ability from the pet Tiger Familiar, Saber Siravarde, and Blackbeard Randy says in the tooltip that the move deals damage when it only inflicts Stun effect. (These should probably say "Duration varies with TP.")

• Digest pet ability from the pet Slime Familiar and Sultry Patrice is misspelled in the chatlog as "Digset".

• Wild Carrot pet ability from the pet Hare Familiar, Keeneared Steffi, Lucky Lulush, Droopy Dortwin, and Pondering Peter says in the tooltip that the move deals damage when it only restores HP. To be consistent with WS descriptions (like Dagan), it should read as "Amount restored varies with TP."

And there are 3 more that I've noticed which are either copy-paste errors, or the moves aren't working as intended.

• Crossthrash pet ability from the pet Tiger Familiar, Saber Siravarde, and Blackbeard Randy says in the tooltip that "Damage varies with TP" even though damage is the same at all TP amounts.

• Mega Scissors pet ability from the pet Porter Crab Familiar and Jovial Edwin says in the tooltip that "Damage varies with TP" even though damage is the same at all TP amounts.

• Hoof Volley pet ability from the pet Hippogryph Familiar and Daring Roland says in the tooltip that "Damage varies with TP" even though damage is the same at all TP amounts.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Positron
Server: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2021-01-26 06:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Misleading objective text in Omen:
"Vanquish X foes." should be "Vanquish Sweetwater foes X times."
"Perform X skillchains using weaponskills on your foes." should be "Perform X consecutive skillchains using weaponskills on your foes."
"Reduce your foe's HP by at least 15000 using a single magic attack without performing a magic burst." requires clarification that pet abilities don't count, though I don't have a good suggestion on wording (maybe "using magic" as an analog to "using weaponskills"?).

A/An errors:
"a ethereal droplet"
"an caliber ring"

On the second floor of Omen, the Ethereal Ingress gives the somewhat confusing options to "Go into the light" or "Go into the smaller light", the latter heading toward the figuratively "bigger" boss as well as a literally larger floor. This is a somewhat subtle mistranslation. The name of the smaller light in Japanese is 詰みの光, and while 「詰」 can indeed mean "compressed", "compact", "pressured", and the like, in this case it clearly carries the word's other common meaning of "checkmate", as all Omen bosses are named after shogi pieces and Ou is the king. Thus, the "smaller light" should in fact be named the "checkmate light", which would be far less confusing and error-prone.

The possessive form of the Cluster-type Einherjar enemy Flames of Muspelheim is Flames of Muspelheim' missing the trailing 's' (the game also treats them as a singular entity in supporting text).

The help text for the Afterglow status effect contains the word "effect." twice.
[+]
By LightningHelix 2021-02-03 11:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Maxentius and Naegling say "Magic Damage+232" and "Magic Damage+217" respectively. (Eletta Rod also says "Magic Damage+232".)

Kaja Rod has an extra space between damage and +: "Magic Damage +232"

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Bangla
Server: Odin
user: Ceal
By Odin.Bangla 2021-02-13 08:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Afterglow effect message, when checking the active icon, says "You are benefiting from an Afterglow effect.effect."

This happened when using Mordant Rime.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-02-13 12:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hrohj said: »
Just noticed this and wasn't sure if it had ever been reported:

Earrings:
Moldavite Earring Lv.47
Novio Earring Lv.75
Hecate's Earring Lv.90
Sortiarius Earring Lv.99
Friomisi Earring Lv.99
Crematio Earring Lv.99

All read: Magic Atk. Bonus+X while they should actually read as "Magic Atk. Bonus"+X.

Rings:
Fervor Ring Lv.87

Reads: Ifrit: "Magic Atk. Bonus" but there is no amount listed.

Neck:
Baetyl Pendant Lv.99

Reads: Magic Atk. Bonus+13 while it should actually read as "Magic Atk. Bonus"+13.

Also found Genesis Locket and Navarch's Choker. Not adding the ring because it also does not list an amount in the Japanese client. There are a few more random pieces that do not list a value, and I believe its also the same case.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-02-13 13:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

LightningHelix said: »
Maxentius and Naegling say "Magic Damage+232" and "Magic Damage+217" respectively. (Eletta Rod also says "Magic Damage+232".)
What exactly is wrong with this?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10