VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-10-16 19:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If you look at Fish Ranking in Selbina, the text is:
Quote:
Chenon : Ranking results may be viewed for 1hour, 5 minutes (Earth time).

Which is missing a space between 1 and hour.
[+]
By Racingjaw 2022-10-19 10:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
The meaning you refer to is slang. With the same logic, they shouldn't call one of the seasonal events "Egg Hunt" because in New Zealand "egg" means "dumbass".

I would have to disagree. An egg is a tangible thing; ie a noun, so it would rarely be mistaken for it's slang counterpart if used in the correct context.

I was only merely informing people that if you were to use this word in England it has a entirely different meaning altogether; hence my post illuminating this fact. It's not a word I hear using it's actual definition at all so you can see my confusion surely? In hindsight, I learned a new word today, but it would be one I would never use in casual conversation via the orginal definition! xD
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-10-19 10:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

For someone up in arms over "nonce" because "its a bad word here"...remind us of the term yall use for cigarettes pls.
[+]
By Racingjaw 2022-10-19 10:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't up in arms. I was merely pointing out the hilarity of it all and perhaps making the suggestion that I haven't heard the saying "none for the nonce" outside of the game. Seriously you guys are quite high strung huh? Perhaps you need a ***... ;P
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-10-19 11:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

After a breakfast of Bacon & dumbass
[+]
 Valefor.Kriz
Server: Valefor
user: Kriz
By Valefor.Kriz 2022-10-19 13:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin also uses "for the nonce", which makes sense given his speaking tone.

(I just so happened to see this as I was grinding Odin clears for title and was saving each response)
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-10-25 12:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

OP is now updated with all confirmed reports.

I tried my best to go through and verify if the issues previously reported were fixed or not. I did miss a couple: they fixed Macuil Plating at some point in time, as well as Lynx Collar. Missed them on BG too, but all fixed now.

Edit with a report: Guttler 119 III (ID: 21750) is missing the line "Additional Effect: Choke"
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-10-25 15:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Racingjaw said: »
I wasn't up in arms. I was merely pointing out the hilarity of it all and perhaps making the suggestion that I haven't heard th..................

Nothing in FFXI is there to be offensive, I don't care if it sounds bad to some people or not. All that matters is the intention.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-10-28 12:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The Magic Damage stat is written as "Magic Damage+x" on most pieces of gear. However, on the Kaja tier weapons, Bonanza weapons with that stat and Raetic Staff, its written as "Magic Damage +x", with the space between Magic Damage and the +
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-11-09 10:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

They brought back Critical Parry again, even though they fixed all of them previously. The following items have Critical Parry on them, and they should be Tactical Parry to match everything else....

Hattori Kyahn +2 (ID: 23365)
Hattori Kyahn +3 (ID: 23700)
Maculele Tights +2 (ID: 23304)
Maculele Tights +3 (ID: 23639)
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-11-10 16:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Afterglow help text:
You are benefiting from an Afterglow effect.effect.
[+]
 Fenrir.Positron
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-11-19 22:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

In the cutscene at the end of The Voracious Resurgence Mission 9-2, the dialogue incorrectly spells Star Sibyl as Star Sybil twice.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-11-30 05:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The buffs you get when you cast Scholar's -storm II spells are distinct from the base -storm spells and the JP resources have a "II" indicator after them to distinguish them, but the English version just calls them the same thing.

So if a JP user casts Voidstorm on themselves, they receive the "妖霧の陣" buff. When they cast Voidstorm II on themselves, they receive the "妖霧の陣II" buff.

When a NA user casts Voidstorm, they get the "Voidstorm" buff. When they cast Voidstorm II, they get another buff named "Voidstorm". It should be "Voidstorm II".
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-11-30 05:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sortie key items are named things like "Ra'Kaznar Sheet #B", but "#B" doesn't actually make sense in English unless it's a very short hashtag. They probably originally had #1-#8 and switched to #A-#H without removing the #.

Related, the Fragment key items are still using #1~#4
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-12-14 15:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Positron said: »
Valefor.Kriz said: »
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Vitiating chapeau +1 is all ***.

This is less of an error and more an oddity. The duration and magic accuracy boost depends on the count of merits you have, so unless they use the "~" to show the values (mostly only used on Unity gear and old level scaling gear), I doubt they'd change it.

Then again, sometimes they do really odd things. I still am amazed they took Orunmila's Torque from '"Fast Cast" effect+5' to the much less descriptive 'Increases "Fast Cast" effect' instead of just doing the logical '"Fast Cast"+5%'...

It's an inconsistency, since the other pieces all say things like Enhances "Savagery" effect when improving merit categories, not just a list of the merit categories they improve.

Can someone verify if this is still an issue after December's update?

NVM still an issue
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-12-17 08:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Two issues:
1. The 700 Deed reward (Microcosmic Orb) appears as "Microcosmic Orb X5" in the AMAN Validator menu in all locations.
2. When you enter Sortie, one of the messages sent is
Sortie said:
Your shiny Ra'Kaznarian plate loses is potency and transforms into a dull Ra'Kaznarian plate.
should be "its potency"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-12-30 07:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Two things...

First, a minor one. Herculean Boots say "Triple Attack +2" instead of +2%

Second, the Reisenjima goblin Emporox has an option "Hear about Emporox's pot." The result of selecting it is a transaction where Emporox takes 100 Eschan Beads and gives you a 72 hour "Emporox's Gift" buff, which is completely unrelated to the text "Hear about Emporox's Pot". Her menu tree also has "Hear about various explanations.", which has a bottom option of "Emporox's...pot?" that actually gives an explanation of what the buff does. So two proposed changes:
1. Rename "Emporox's Gift" to "Emporox's Pot" to be consistent with the dialogue.
2. Switch "Hear about Emporox's pot." to be "I would like Emporox's Pot." analogous to the below "I would like an Emporox's ring."
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2023-01-07 15:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

During the Assault "Saving Private Ryaaf", the NPC Rhagmakah says his name is Balarahb. When speaking to the NPC Balarahb, he mentions that I had spoke to Balarahb already. Looks like those 2 NPCs have their names flipped around.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-01-10 05:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Entering the battlefield for this, the fight's name in the menu appears as "To Movalpolos!."

I suspect that "!." is unintentional, although I anticipate that the period is added automatically by their menu system.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-01-22 11:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The Cornelia's Belt item's description says "STR: 10" instead of "STR+10" like every other item.
[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
Server: Asura
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2023-02-12 11:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

idek if this is new or existed since Empy +3, but my DRK emp legs were not equipping because I had the longform "Heathen's Flanchard +3" in my lua

whereas in game it's actually Flanchards. and other legs are not pluralized like this

promptly changed to the abbreviated version to fix
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2023-03-02 14:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aquatiq said: »
idek if this is new or existed since Empy +3, but my DRK emp legs were not equipping because I had the longform "Heathen's Flanchard +3" in my lua

whereas in game it's actually Flanchards. and other legs are not pluralized like this

promptly changed to the abbreviated version to fix
They added this error in the Feb update. Hopefully they revert it.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-02 15:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

How the hell do things like this happen??
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-03-02 16:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Dev team is Flanchards on head
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-02 16:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Translation team is 1 part time janitor, give em a break it's all they have the budget for.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-02 19:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

But its not a new piece of gear that would need its translation fixed up. This isnt like the random dat cleanups from the leather/wood guilds.
By Vankathka 2023-03-02 20:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Guttler is still not correct it says Additional effect: Choke. With a period. Also Apocalypse says Additional effect: Blindness instead of Additional effect: Blind, though a few weapons also say Paralysis vs Paralyze, generally the items inflict what its doing so it should be Paralyze.

Most additional effects are like Additional effect: "Dispel" or without a period.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-03-04 05:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I cannot seem to find the JP DAT for the Chocobo Circuit, but in the NA DAT entry 9701 says:

Quote:
Hey, give me some personal space here. I'm not interested in seeing your nose hairs, okay?
You just want to know my numbers, huh? “ID≺Numeric Parameter 3≻:≺Numeric Parameter 0≻-≺Numeric Parameter 1≻”, satisfied?≺Prompt≻

Shows up in game like:
Quote:
[05:53:37] Phemille : Hey, give me some personal space here. I'm not interested in seeing your nose hairs, okay?
[05:53:37] You just want to know my numbers, huh? ��ID16402:1-4��, satisfied?

It looks like leftover debugging code that didn't get swapped out with real text. Assuming the IDs are correct, the JP version may well have the correct message.
 Bismarck.Radec
Server: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2023-03-04 10:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

In POLUtils, Chocobo Circuit is under ToAU > West Aht Urhgan > Chocobo Circuit.

Dialog Table Entry 09701 ちょっと!
軽々しく近寄らないでくださる!?
え、ワタクシの買った組み合わせを知りたい!?
【ID≺Numeric Parameter 3≻:≺Numeric Parameter 0≻-≺Numeric Parameter 1≻】よ! んもう!≺Prompt≻

I assume it's supposed to show something about how the NPC is betting on races
 Asura.Alseyn
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2023-03-04 10:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I cannot seem to find the JP DAT for the Chocobo Circuit, but in the NA DAT entry 9701 says:

Quote:
Hey, give me some personal space here. I'm not interested in seeing your nose hairs, okay?
You just want to know my numbers, huh? “ID≺Numeric Parameter 3≻:≺Numeric Parameter 0≻-≺Numeric Parameter 1≻”, satisfied?≺Prompt≻

Shows up in game like:
Quote:
[05:53:37] Phemille : Hey, give me some personal space here. I'm not interested in seeing your nose hairs, okay?
[05:53:37] You just want to know my numbers, huh? ��ID16402:1-4��, satisfied?

It looks like leftover debugging code that didn't get swapped out with real text. Assuming the IDs are correct, the JP version may well have the correct message.

Bismarck.Radec said: »
In POLUtils, Chocobo Circuit is under ToAU > West Aht Urhgan > Chocobo Circuit.

Dialog Table Entry 09701 ちょっと!
軽々しく近寄らないでくださる!?
え、ワタクシの買った組み合わせを知りたい!?
【ID≺Numeric Parameter 3≻:≺Numeric Parameter 0≻-≺Numeric Parameter 1≻】よ! んもう!≺Prompt≻

I assume it's supposed to show something about how the NPC is betting on races

The English text is a very faithful (and well localised) representation of what the Japanese has, so there's no discrepancy between the meaning of the English and the Japanese. "my numbers" = "combination I bought" in the Japanese text's phrasing so I guess it's about picking numbers for a bet?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10