Forum » Windower » General » Localization Errors (Typos) - English Client
Localization Errors (Typos) - English Client
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-27 22:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The game shows "Lu. Scale Box" & "Lu. Hide Box" for Odyssey Scales and Hides, but the wings are listed as "L. Wing Box"
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-09-28 05:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

When requesting Emporox's special thing (aka, the 72 hour excess merits > potpourri buff), the line listing how many beads you have is missing an end parenthesis.
[+]
 Odin.Bangla
Server: Odin
user: Ceal
By Odin.Bangla 2020-09-28 07:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »

WHM Bodies: Briault vs Briauld
All AF uses Briault
All Relic uses Briault
Blessed Briault / Blessed Briault + 1

All EMP uses Briauld.
Orison Bliaud (12030)
Orison Bliaud +1 (11186)
Orison Bliaud +2 (11086)
Ebers Bliaud (26902)
Ebers Bliaud +1 (26903)

You say that the Empy gear has the “Briauld” spelling then give all the examples where it is actually spelled correctly. There is no gear using the “Briauld” spelling.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-09-28 08:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

According to Google, Briaud and Bliaud are both valid spellings for a clothing-type item, but Briault is not.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-09-28 08:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Bangla said: »

All AF uses Briault
All Relic uses Briault

All EMP uses Briauld.
Orison Bliaud (12030)
Orison Bliaud +1 (11186)
Orison Bliaud +2 (11086)
Ebers Bliaud (26902)
Ebers Bliaud +1 (26903)
You say that the Empy gear has the “Briauld” spelling then give all the examples where it is actually spelled correctly. There is no gear using the “Briauld” spelling.
Lili said: »

Both of those are errors, the word is "bliaut" or "bliaud", but no R anywhere: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bliaut
A briault is not a thing.

Also, Odnowa Earring +1 says that it converts 100 MP to HP, but it actually converts 110.
 Odin.Bangla
By Odin.Bangla 2020-09-28 09:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Bangla said: »

All AF uses Briault
All Relic uses Briault

All EMP uses Briauld.
Orison Bliaud (12030)
Orison Bliaud +1 (11186)
Orison Bliaud +2 (11086)
Ebers Bliaud (26902)
Ebers Bliaud +1 (26903)
Lili said: »

Both of those are errors, the word is "bliaut" or "bliaud", but no R anywhere: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bliaut
A briault is not a thing.

Also, Odnowa Earring +1 says that it converts 100 MP to HP, but it actually converts 110.
Yes, I have read that and it doesn't answer the point I am making.

Quote:
All EMP uses Briauld.
Orison Bliaud (12030)
Orison Bliaud +1 (11186)
Orison Bliaud +2 (11086)
Ebers Bliaud (26902)
Ebers Bliaud +1 (26903)
The claim you make and the examples you give are not the same spelling. There is no searchable gear that uses the Briauld spelling.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-09-28 09:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

yes and Lili pointed that out like 3 posts below mine. I made a mistake.

Anyway I striked out the text in that post so no one else gets confused.
[+]
 Odin.Bangla
By Odin.Bangla 2020-09-28 09:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It should be fixed in the OP. The empyrean gear isn't misspelled, but all the other Briault bodies are.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-09-28 09:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I removed the Empyrean lines from the OP.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-10-04 02:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The thread on the official forums referencing this thread received a community rep reply a few days ago along with a quote from the localization team. Only just noticed it myself so I thought I'd toss it over here.
Link
Okieeomi said:
Greetings and salutations,

Thank you again for your continued feedback on FFXI! We've passed the information off to our localization team and have received the following response to share with you today.

Quote:
Good day, adventurers!
Neil from FFXI Localization here.

I wanted to take the time to thank you all for this wonderfully comprehensive list of various typographical issues. Please accept my heartfelt apologies for the difficulties and confusion that these issues have caused you, particularly those that have been in the game for some time. A number of these are relatively quick fixes, whereas others require careful confirmation before I can push a fix live. However, we are correcting many issues—particularly weapon and armor help text—in the October 2020 version update. I will be getting to the more complicated ones in the months ahead.

Your passion for FFXI and desire to see Vana’diel shine continues to amaze me even after having worked on this game for many years. Thank you for continued support, and I hope that you continue to enjoy the wonderful experiences that the team has in store.
Again, many thanks for catching, documenting, and providing us with this feedback. Please feel free to relay these messages to the contributors on FFXIAH! :)
Some fixes coming in October update? Nice.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-10-04 03:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
The thread on the official forums referencing this thread received a community rep reply a few days ago along with a quote from the localization team. Only just noticed it myself so I thought I'd toss it over here.
Funk, started this because he had contact with a community rep to start with. Glad to see they're continuing with this and following up.

Edit: I know Funk will be all over this on the wiki side and I'll be looking at it on the Windower side.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-10-05 10:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I am very happy we got such positive feedback on this list we all put together, can't wait to see our reporting pay off.

I updated OP with some more errors I've come across and some that were sent to me.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-05 10:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Link
Okieeomi said:
Greetings and salutations,

Thank you again for your continued feedback on FFXI! We've passed the information off to our localization team and have received the following response to share with you today.

Quote:
Good day, adventurers!
Neil from FFXI Localization here.

I wanted to take the time to thank you all for this wonderfully comprehensive list of various typographical issues. Please accept my heartfelt apologies for the difficulties and confusion that these issues have caused you, particularly those that have been in the game for some time. A number of these are relatively quick fixes, whereas others require careful confirmation before I can push a fix live. However, we are correcting many issues—particularly weapon and armor help text—in the October 2020 version update. I will be getting to the more complicated ones in the months ahead.

Your passion for FFXI and desire to see Vana’diel shine continues to amaze me even after having worked on this game for many years. Thank you for continued support, and I hope that you continue to enjoy the wonderful experiences that the team has in store.
Again, many thanks for catching, documenting, and providing us with this feedback. Please feel free to relay these messages to the contributors on FFXIAH! :)
Some fixes coming in October update? Nice.
I'm actually surprised that they thanked this website, since, you know, we aren't exactly the posterboy website they want...
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-10-07 14:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I added this one to the OP:

• The Geomancy spells "Aera" and "Aera II" have matching scrolls whos item names and descriptions are misspelled.

Scroll of Aerora (Item ID: 4920) teaches the spell "Aera"

Scroll of Aerora II (Item ID: 4921) teaches the spell "Aera II"

[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-10-12 09:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Inyan. Crackows +2 (25949) They added the missing MAcc but now added a new error.
Should be Evasion+60 Magic Evasion+147. It now says Magic Evasion+60 Magic Evasion+147

Edit: BTW both Smouldering and Smoldering are correct spellings. The first is British and the latter is American. Doesn't matter now figured I'd just point it out.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
user: KenshiDRK
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2020-10-12 10:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Checking the battle messages dat, looks like they fixed the potpourri gains/gain message.
[+]
 Asura.Seizan
user: Seiza
By Asura.Seizan 2020-10-12 10:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Inyan. Crackows +2 (25949) They added the missing MAcc but now added a new error.
Should be Evasion+60 Magic Evasion+147. It now says Magic Evasion+60 Magic Evasion+147

Made me laugh. This one deserve a meme... xD
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-10-12 15:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Working on these typos on the wiki, and found this one. Ill go back through the last few posts and update the OP after I remove the fixed items:

Laksamana's Bottes +2 (ID: 23324)
Short Name typo - When renaming the item from Boots to Bottes, the item short name now has an extra space between the word "Bottes" and "+2".
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2020-10-12 19:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignominy burgonet +2 and ignominy burgonet +3 while other ones are burgeonet
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-10-12 22:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything in the OP should be updated now. I cannot test the error about pet attacks that cure the target saying it cures the caster. If someone can test and report back that would be great.

I also didnt check Odyssey Sheol B issue.
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2020-10-12 22:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I checked the pets curing message on the dat and is not fixed.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-13 07:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if anyone has noticed or mentioned this at all, but stikini ring +1 does not increase Ninjitsu magic skill at all.

And I'm assuming the NQ doesn't either.

Brain fart: My character I'm basing this on doesn't have ninjitsu merits on it. Don't mind me.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-10-13 09:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I don't know if anyone has noticed or mentioned this at all, but stikini ring +1 does not increase Ninjitsu magic skill at all.

And I'm assuming the NQ doesn't either.
My mule with 0 ninjustu skill gets +8 with Stikini+1, same with NQ.
 Asura.Swordchucks
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Swordchucks 2020-10-13 10:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Brain fart, don't mind me, carry on.
By Torzak 2020-10-13 14:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

In the same style as Hrojh's first part of the post, there's other items that have done that, too.

Earthcry Earring has a more generic Enhances Stoneskin description where as Nodens Gorget tells you how much it enhances Stoneskin.

Aquaveil has similar

Double Attack has similar (Brutal vs Sherida)

I don't know, maybe they intentionally meant to be vague on some and not others, but in the thief set example, it looks really inconsistent. It'd be nice if all of these just got changed, though.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-10-13 14:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Torzak said: »
In the same style as Hrojh post, there's other items that have done that, too.

Earthcry Earring has a more generic Enhances Stoneskin description where as Nodens Gorget tells you how much it enhances Stoneskin.

Aquaveil has similar

Double Attack has similar (Brutal vs Sherida)

I don't know, maybe they intentionally meant to be vague on some and not others, but in the thief set example, it looks really inconsistent. It'd be nice if all of these just got changed, though.

They started to define amounts of double attack and such with newer gear, so they technically are not typos. Just vague AF. The JP client also does not say an amount on Brutal Earring.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Kriz
Server: Valefor
user: Kriz
By Valefor.Kriz 2020-10-16 19:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure how to classify this one, but:

The View House menu help text for Mog Safe 2 says "View content of Mog Safe. Items can only be removed or stored when inside your Mog House." whereas the original Mog Safe says ""View content of Mog Safe. Items can only be removed or stored when inside your Mog House or Rent-a-Room."

I know, not too important, it works from any Mog House/Rent-a-Room of course.

Notably, Mog Safe/Mog Safe 2 are accessible via Nomad Moogle, but Storage is not, even though it says the exact same help text too.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-10-18 19:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Can somebody else try verifying the following:

The Weatherspoon War
In the final scene Ilney is named Cilmad, and an Elvaan man's name changes from Adrastien to Ilney.

I looked at the cutscenes in game and at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifXjCmgMqUU and cannot find any errors. I could be missing it so a second set of eyes would be nice.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10