On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24
By mlz333 2023-04-08 11:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding the Carrier's Sash - wasnt it proven that adding on any pure elemental resistances significantly improves resist rates hence why everyone who's in the know is rocking one now? The warder's charm +1 is lacking light and dark ele resists so it doesnt quite make up for losing the sash since sleepgas are usually what gets you nowadays, for example Veela in Sortie basement.
By Caliber 2023-04-08 11:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic Evasion & Elemental Resistance from Equipment/Atma/Barspells
Elemental Resistance gives 1 Magic Evasion for the appropriate element (i.e. "Magic Evasion +5" on gear can be treated as "All Resistances +5"). While this is true consider the following
If have a high amount of of magic evasion and elemental resistance, you can get up to a full resist, meaning you take only 1/8th of the damage. (i.e. you're using a Carrier's Sash for example with high MEVA)
If you have a high amount magic evasion but no elemental resistance, you can get (at best) a partial resist, meaning you take only 1/4th of the damage.
[+]
By mlz333 2023-04-08 11:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed, therefore, wouldnt removing the Carrier's sash be a bad thing? unless you're going to rock a Chatoyant staff in the main hand..? This was why I had some hesitation in swapping to plat moogle belt when it came out. I mean its damn OP but lacks all elemental resists which warders charm +1 cannot make up for unless ofcourse you combine warders +1 with something that has light and dark elemental resists that isnt chatoyant staff (daybreak is just too nice..)

Maybe my misunderstanding is the elemental resistances only improve resisting magic damage taken not help with resisting enfeebles?
By Chimerawizard 2023-04-08 12:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just not worried about getting hit with sleep, and not like you ever resist dispel anyway. WHM shouldn't be getting hit by charm so there aren't many moves to worry about light/dark resist for.
Prime Maul wakes ya up right away.
[+]
By mlz333 2023-04-08 16:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

a fair point
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-04-08 21:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The carrier's sash thing was about going from 0 to any positive amount of resistance being needed to get the best resist state unlocked. Sure carrier's sash is good, but it's not "mandatory" if you're talking about a resistance that is being targeted specifically by a barspell.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2023-04-24 22:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

mlz333 said: »
Indeed, therefore, wouldnt removing the Carrier's sash be a bad thing? unless you're going to rock a Chatoyant staff in the main hand..? This was why I had some hesitation in swapping to plat moogle belt when it came out. I mean its damn OP but lacks all elemental resists which warders charm +1 cannot make up for unless ofcourse you combine warders +1 with something that has light and dark elemental resists that isnt chatoyant staff (daybreak is just too nice..)

Maybe my misunderstanding is the elemental resistances only improve resisting magic damage taken not help with resisting enfeebles?

if you are very worried about the dark/light elemental resistance you can potentially look at these
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Arete_del_Luna_%2B1
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Wuji_Ring

not sure if I would like to lose the potential meva for every other things just to fill light/dark resistance up. But maybe it fits you.

I found them trying to tweak my idle HQ (full MP) set you can see here
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Universal_Healthcare_-_A_Dane%27s_Guide_to_Whitemage_Gear#Idle_-_5%2B_weeks_of_yearly_vacation_is_nice
[+]
By zixxer 2023-04-27 08:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any reason a whm should be using contemplator r15 for enfeebling or is yagr15 + ammurapi the bis?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-04-27 09:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

zixxer said: »
Is there any reason a whm should be using contemplator r15 for enfeebling or is yagr15 + ammurapi the bis?

The only benefit that whm gets from enfeebling magic skill is more macc. So Bunzi's Rod + Ammurapi Shield ends up being better long term for enfeebles. There could be some argument for Daybreak over bunzi's due to the +30 MND, but in most instances I still take the Bunzi's Rod for the extra macc.
By DaneBlood 2023-04-27 17:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
zixxer said: »

The only benefit that whm gets from enfeebling magic skill is more macc. So Bunzi's Rod + Ammurapi Shield ends up being better long term for enfeebles. There could be some argument for Daybreak over bunzi's due to the +30 MND, but in most instances I still take the Bunzi's Rod for the extra macc.

Just to add in

Yagrush R15 beats bunzi in raw macc,

Day break should not be used for the mnd unless you have done other trades first. its not the best sacrifice of macc to mnd

Order of enfeebling clubs based on Macc (not counting dstat)
Yagrush R15
Macc 325

Bunzi R30
Macc 310
Dstat 15

Bunzi R20
Macc 300
Dstat 15

Yagrush AG
Macc 295

Maxentious
Macc 290
Dstat 15

Daybreak
Macc 282
Dstat 30

If you want to sacricer macc for more mnd (valid in itself) then you are better of trading away erra pendants for clerics +2
its 17mac for 15 mnd aka 1.13 cost
Going from bunzi R30 to daybreak is a cost of of 28 macc for 15 mnd making the cost 1.86

off cause it changes if you dont have maxed out bunzi rod
If you dont have a pimped out bunzi or yagrush. daybreak is a valid choice then.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Gennss
Server: Ragnarok
user: gennss
By Ragnarok.Gennss 2023-05-26 10:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Prime weapons or new rings relevant to us WHM?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-05-26 11:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Gennss said: »
Prime weapons or new rings relevant to us WHM?
Yes
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-05-26 11:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If you've been using prime club for free no sleep piece, it's a hard ask to upgrade the club since you can't make another stage 1
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-06-07 02:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for pointing out the 100% theoretical cursna rate at ML25-27 with augments. (I've always been a huge proponent of Gambentein even before Item Level).

Is there anything in particular that WHMs can look forward to at ML50? Any interesting sub-job choices that expand WHMs playstyle in an unusual or interesting way?
By Dodik 2023-06-07 06:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Other than more stratagems from sch and higher magic skills, have not noticed much at ML45.

Hp and stat increases are handy, if not game changing.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
By Dodik 2023-07-12 20:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Whm experts - Sroda Necklace for barstatus spells yay or nay?
By Nariont 2023-07-12 20:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you going to use instead? It's better than nothing and the duration hit isn't that impactful given their natural durations/cheap costs already
[+]
By DaneBlood 2023-08-08 00:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Universal_Healthcare_-_A_Dane%27s_Guide_to_White_Mage_Gear#Enhancing_-_Free_vaccines_and_boosters

Since you don't need skill gear for bar status spells then you an equip all the duration gear to even out the loss of duration
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [75 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Dekar
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2023-10-21 20:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
The only resist death testing I'm aware of is, well, mine. lol.

Unfortunately, I tested Shadow Ring, which doesn't have a stated value, so my testing can't show if the stated value is halved or not. <,<;; Shadow ring proc rate is boss though. freaking 25% on a ring.

I did a little testing on this with WAR/NIN. I had Odium (+13), Shadow Ring (+25), and Warder's Ring(+10). With a total of +48 Death Resistance, these are my results after 184 casts of Death:

84 "Angra Mainyu casts Death.Dekar resists the spell."
100 "Angra Mainyu casts Death.Dekar falls to the ground."
184 Total
Percentage: 54.3%

While the sample size is still a little small, it looks like "Death Resistance" gear stacks and is not halved on NMs.
[+]
By gavroches 2023-10-22 09:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »

Max out anything and everything is the only way out

Sroda is a big yeah!!! You can still achieve 8 min, so any spell will only need 1 recast for an ody fight for example, just make sure you have all your Telchine gears up and running
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Maze
Server: Ragnarok
user: Maze
By Ragnarok.Maze 2023-11-22 09:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone share their Odyssey cure midcast sets please? I'm trying to aim for max -DT and max -enmity while also keeping a respectable cure potency and just want to see what others are using. I've had some runs where BRD misses sleeps, somehow hate is on them still, I cure bomb the bard and then get clapped by 4-5 mobs. Not sure if max -DT would save me in this context but I want to optimize it best I can!

Thanks!
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-22 10:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's what I use, it has -50 enmity, bonus cureskin, mp return on cure, 50% cure potency, 20 cure potency II, and 50% PDT. I'm not sure it's perfectly optimal, but it's good enough for me.

Oh, I don't have a separate set for non-weather cures but if I were going to use this in Gaol or a place where I wouldn't have weather, I'd probably swap in Shinjutsu-no-obi+1 for CMP on the belt slot.

ItemSet 393695

TBH, I was looking at my non-DT cure sets and they're barely any more efficient. I think I'm just going to wear DT in my cure sets 100% of the time. The only way you can really improve this set if not being hit is by adding a little bit of conserve MP and in this day & age, MP is a complete non-factor for me on WHM.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-11-22 10:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's mine:
Code
{
    main="Daybreak",
    sub="Genmei Shield",
    ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
    head="Kaykaus Mitra +1",
    neck="Cleric's Torque +2",
    ear1="Glorious Earring",
    ear2="Ebers Earring +1",
    body="Ebers Bliaut +3",
    hands="Theophany Mitts +3",
    ring1="Naji's Loop",
    ring2="Defending Ring",
    back={ name="Alaunus's Cape", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Mag. Evasion+10','Enmity-10','Damage taken-5%',}},
    waist="Witful Belt",
    legs="Ebers Pantaloons +3",
    feet="Ebers Duckbills +3"
}

Some people also like to make this set 102% SIRD to avoid interrupts, but I find Aquaveil and a bare minimum of attention toward timing your casts well to be sufficient.

Swap belt as needed, obviously. This is my non-weather set which is usually what I'd be using in Odyssey Gaol fights. I do not swap Chatoyant when my DT midcast toggle is on, I stick with Daybreak+Genmei.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24