On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-03-28 08:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Mpaca’s Staff. I find I don’t need dt in weapon slot any more and I get +2 refresh. Can do refresh grip too if you want
By Chimerawizard 2023-03-28 10:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
P.S.
Completely forgot about the meva on Platinum moogle belt
with the high level of regen in gear + regen spell maybe it can avoid issues with going into yellow in idle set

i have that issue on my cor atm leaving me in yellow whenever i go into idle set....causing blood aggro... not good
Ya, changed nyame to bunzi in that set specifically because it has less HP.
some other options: as mentioned in the page's first post oneiros grip, or Enki strap for inv-0 mEVA.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2023-03-28 14:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
P.S.
Completely forgot about the meva on Platinum moogle belt
with the high level of regen in gear + regen spell maybe it can avoid issues with going into yellow in idle set

i have that issue on my cor atm leaving me in yellow whenever i go into idle set....causing blood aggro... not good
Ya, changed nyame to bunzi in that set specifically because it has less HP.
some other options: as mentioned in the page's first post oneiros grip, or Enki strap for inv-0 mEVA.

Yup yup onerios grip i used once mp falls below 75% mp

I have multiple scaling idle sets depending on MP need
Below 70% mp
Below 40%mp
To fit with latents effect for below 75% and 50% MP

so what im looking at here is the high def set above 70% MP
 Cerberus.Dekar
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2023-03-28 19:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my current DT set on WHM/SCH:

ItemSet 390606

PDT/MDT: capped
BDT: 47
Refresh: +3
Resist Silence: +136 (68% chance on NM)
5% chance to absorb magic damage.
13% chance to annul magic damage.
6% chance to annul physical damage.
15~35+ all elemental resistances.

I've got most of my bases covered with it. You can easily swap in the Malignance staff and a grip.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-03-28 23:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

you're pdt/mdt are way overcapped. I don't find resist traits worthwhile generally due to the fact that they're heavily nerfed on anything that can actually debuff you, so I'd probably likely swap body to ebers bliaut +3 just for the extra refresh, extra meva, extra def/hp, and +5 regen. There's nothing wrong with Shamash though, so it's really whatever, but your set has like 67 PDT in it.
By Manque 2023-03-29 00:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Yvan said: »
Manque said: »
How can I edit my partybuffs file to only show detrimental status effects. I find the addon useful but buff spam makes it difficult to react on the fly. I would like it to apply to anyone in my party and not just players I specify.

For example,

blacklist = {
Player_1 = {
WAR = L{0,22,23,24,25,26,27,32,34,35},

How can I change this?

Use whitelist mode and just add in the things you want to keep track of.
Code
whitelist = {
    Yvan= {
        WHM = L{40,41,21,128,31,33,100,9,20,4,566,10},}
}

Sorry to revive this again. Is my understanding correct that there is no way to have these settings effective for anyone that joins your party, like a in a pick-up group? I would have to enter my party's names each and every time? I tried using the whitelist setting but it didn't filter anytging out.

Player_1 = {
WAR = L{2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,28,29,30,31,33,128,129,130,131,132,133,134,135,136,137,138,139,140,141,142,144,145,146,147,148,149,167,168,174,175,177,298,473,471,539,565,566,567,630,631}

Note: same settings copied for all jobs.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-03-29 01:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure I'm getting your questions, so please bear with me, but I think you're misunderstanding how the filter list works.

Each job in the list is not to be meant as "jobs of the members of the party I'm in".
It's meant as "your job".

It's used to define different buffs and debuffs you want to be displayed on screen according to YOUR job.
Like if you're on SCH you define which buffs/debuffs you want to be displayed.
Do the same for when you're on WHM.
To the same for when your on RDM.
Etc etc.

It's the same for "player name", you have to type your name, the name of your character.
It's an option to handle the same addon settings in case you play multiple characters from the same PC.
By DaneBlood 2023-03-29 02:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dekar said: »
This is my current DT set on WHM/SCH:

ItemSet 390606

PDT/MDT: capped
BDT: 47
Refresh: +3
Resist Silence: +136 (68% chance on NM)
5% chance to absorb magic damage.
13% chance to annul magic damage.
6% chance to annul physical damage.
15~35+ all elemental resistances.

I've got most of my bases covered with it. You can easily swap in the Malignance staff and a grip.

This set has a severe lack of meva though. and of all the status ailment silence is probably the easist to overcome. so it just seems a bit weirdly combined for me.

You main hand does really nothing beside adding in HP (Since you are cappping DT without it) which you could better handle with the belt slot
the belt is giving magic resistance which you can get better of in main hand ( and would be real meva so it covers all elementals). so between those two, for the same purpose, the options are unoptimal

hearty earring is 5% resit rate so around 2.5% on a nm
which is equaling to around 5magic evasion (unless you are below floor)
eabanin earring gives 8 magic evasion so its a better improvement on resist rate vs nm and comes with physical evasion and some hp too

Etiolian earring i guess that might be a taste/preference. it comes with a good resist rate for silence but at the cost of resist rate from having no meva, on all other status ailment as well as on nukes. just seem weird to me to focus on of of the easiest status ailment to power through, and then ignore way more dangerous one like petrify.
also the MDT does nothing as mentioned before you are overcapped

Shadow mantle
Does come with occ anually physsical dmg. but again this on on of your "accessories" slots with the highest potential of meva from ambuscade cape

Shamash robe
Again a high focus on silence but a a cost on resisting more dangerous ailments
only 106 meva which can mean a 24-48% resist rate drop on everything else.
You have less refresh and regen (not so important but still) in the body

Nyame pants
has less DT than ebers pants
Has less meva then ebers pants
hs less magic defense bonus than ebers pants
It has a miniscule more amount of HP but if that was need then again belt should be replaced rather than taking these pants

nyame feets
has less dt than ebers fett
has less meav then ebers feet
has less MDB than ebers feet
Same as above

Yeah just seems like some weird choices and some unoptimal decision combined with not counting up stats correctly
Your set is complete negating the strong defensive traits that was handed to WHM from sortie.

Summing it up:
my point was (in case it got lost in the above wall of text. is that you resist rate gear does not even make up for the loss of meva making it a negative gain in resit rates (as long as you are not under floor)
This include the high resist rate on silence. the 45% resist is probably just about compensating from all the lack of meva (again if not under floor and situations might vary)

i mean ambuscade cape alone comes with around 50 meva (counting 5 from dstat) which is 25-50% resist rate (if you are not below floor) so that slot alone completely makes up for all the resist rate gear you are having and sometimes even for the silence resist rate
1 slot does that, and that not counting in all the meva loss in all the other slots or from compensating DT from no using optimal earring etc
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-03-29 08:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Yvan said: »
How can I edit my partybuffs file to only show detrimental status effects. I find the addon useful but buff spam makes it difficult to react on the fly. I would like it to apply to anyone in my party and not just players I specify.

For example,

blacklist = {
Player_1 = {
WAR = L{0,22,23,24,25,26,27,32,34,35},

How can I change this?

Use whitelist mode and just add in the things you want to keep track of.
Code
whitelist = {
    Yvan= {
        WHM = L{40,41,21,128,31,33,100,9,20,4,566,10},}
}

Sorry to revive this again. Is my understanding correct that there is no way to have these settings effective for anyone that joins your party, like a in a pick-up group? I would have to enter my party's names each and every time? I tried using the whitelist setting but it didn't filter anytging out.

Player_1 = {
WAR = L{2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,28,29,30,31,33,128,129,130,131,132,133,134,135,136,137,138,139,140,141,142,144,145,146,147,148,149,167,168,174,175,177,298,473,471,539,565,566,567,630,631}

Note: same settings copied for all jobs.

Player_1 is where you enter your name. You don't have to adjust the file every time someone new joins. It will dynamically apply the visual aspect of the buffs on anyone that is in the party, excluding trusts and pets.

This set has a severe lack of meva though. and of all the status ailment silence is probably the easist to overcome. so it just seems a bit weirdly combined for me.
It's 641 Magic Evasion as opposed to 679 Magic Evasion in the set you posted. I don't think 641 is a severe lack at all. Overcapping DT is just a byproduct of using so much Nyame. Defense is also a factor in the damage taken calculation, and Nyame has more of it than Ebers +3. The set is fairly balanced, and I personally like the added consideration for Phys/Magic Annulment and Absorb.
By DaneBlood 2023-03-29 09:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
It's 641 Magic Evasion as opposed to 679 Magic Evasion in the set you posted. I don't think 641 is a severe lack at all. Overcapping DT is just a byproduct of using so much Nyame. Defense is also a factor in the damage taken calculation, and Nyame has more of it than Ebers +3. The set is fairly balanced, and I personally like the added consideration for Phys/Magic Annulment and Absorb.

I might be counting wrong but I see a much bigger gap here.
please let me know where I messed up then

Code
				Cur	Pot
				Meva	Meva
main="Asclepius",		0	40
sub="Genmei Shield",		0	13dstat
ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",	-	-
head="Nyame Helm",		26dstat	33dstat
neck="Warder's Charm +1",	-	-
ear1="Hearty Earring",			8
ear2="Etiolation Earring",		15dstat
body="Shamash Robe",		106	130
hands="Nyame Gauntlets",	-	-
ring1="Shneddick Ring",			8dstat
ring2="Shadow Ring",			8dstat
back="Shadow Mantle",			45 10dstat
waist="Carrier's Sash",		-	-
legs="Nyame Flanchard",		150 32d	-157 45dstat
feet="Nyame Sollerets"		150 26d	-157 34dstat

131 more meva in my books not counting from the 82 more dstat as well

The overcaping, whatver the reason is, still means you used pieces that could be used better if your focus was resist rate (which is what you brought up in your stats)
it still means that you weapon and belt slot if you changed their gains around would endup bigger
weapon slots gives you more meva than the meva you have right now in belt slot
and belt slot gives you more HP than the HP gain you currently have in weapon slot

in regards to defense. yeah it is but that was no a claim in your original explanation for the set. so this is just moving the goal post and it really irrelvant for the points brought up as you still end up with a net gain switcing things around and keeping you nyame for def

nyame legs + feet comes with combined 15 DT, ebers +3 comes with 24. that alone get you pretty close to look into dropping genmey shield at and replace it with something more protective as it now only offers 1 PDT
Ebers as aside bonus ebers legs/pants also comes with
more meva
more dstat for meva
more eva
The Meva alone is arond 14 not counting d start which then compensate your current belt choice
So replacing nayme legs and feet into ebers +3 gives you 2 more to free up

it not a matter of just a single stat focus here. when im looking at is budgeting and it seem like a lot of these choices is like:

Trading away 5 banas for 3 apples in one slot
then
Trading way 5 apples in one slot to get 3 bananes

In each individual trade you can argue you want apples or bananas but in the total execution, you just gave away 2 banana and apples with no gain

like you earrings. its clear you are trying to get resist rate up here (since its the only thing they really offer) so you trade away a strong DT pieces her to get miniscule resit rate upgrades
then in other slots you trade away bigger resist rate items for a small upgrade in DT (that you are even capped on)
Alon in the ears just using more optimal choices would give you a better overrall resist rate (except for silence) but even the silence resist rate benefits is then again removed by trading away a full 45 meva +10 dstart in back slot to get a occasion reduce physsical dmg.
Trade it for one stat than trade away in another slot coming up short in total

You are at the same time also coming up short on refresh (Which again is a fair choice) so you are comparing apples to oranges her

if you took the set you compared again and removed the refresh pieces to lower it to the same refresh rate you wanted you can ad in more defensive stats because the budgeting of the total set just comes out ahead IMHO

Bottomline is:
Looking at the purpose of the items in your set. not needing to compare it to other sets just the very purpose of the items is what seems off to me.
I could be missing something.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2023-03-29 09:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill try another way (my apologies here im just trying to bridge the understanding here)

I will start with this set you provied

sets["WHM DT"] = {
main="Asclepius",
sub="Genmei Shield",
ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
head="Nyame Helm",
neck="Warder's Charm +1",
ear1="Hearty Earring",
ear2="Etiolation Earring",
body="Shamash Robe",
hands="Nyame Gauntlets",
ring1="Shneddick Ring",
ring2="Shadow Ring",
back="Shadow Mantle",
waist="Carrier's Sash",
legs="Nyame Flanchard",
feet="Nyame Sollerets"
}

let trade the belt for plationum moogle belt
That 15 meva for everything so it makes up for carries sash fully and then you have around
now i dont have the platinum belt yet so cant really test it but a naked tarutaru whm has around 1500HP so thats 150
Net gain 130HP

Let trade that club out
dropping the clubb drop you hp with 130HP and gains you around 30Meva and 30dstat from daybreak plus some rfresh
Net Loss 130HP
Net gain 30Meva and 30dstat 1 refresh

Total for trading so far
Net loss = nothing
NEt gainsg= 30meva, 30dstat, 1refresh + maybe some more HP

now check earring slots
Herthy earring you lose 2.5% resist rate (when it counts)
you gain 8 meva some HP and physsicla Meva
Net loss 2.5% resist rates
Net gain 8 mevae (4-8% resist rate) 15 eva and 45hp

Total for trading so far
Net loss = 2.5 resistrate
NEt gainsg= 38 meva, 30 dstat, 1 refresh, 15 meva , 45+ HP

next earing
remvoing Etiolation you will losse 50HP and some 7.5% resist silence (when it counts)
from ebers earring you will (if you are a lucky ***) get 8DT and 15dstat (you can lower the value if need bee but the point is going to remain)
net loss 7.5 resist silence 50HP
net gain 8DT 15 dstat

Total for trading so far
Net loss = 2.5 resistrate, 7.5%resist rate against silence
Net gainsg= 38 meva, 45 dstat, 1 refresh, 15 meva , ~0 HP

Are you starting to se my point ?
you traded away 38 meva alone to get 2.5% status ailment resist rate and 7.5 additional for silence resist rate
the 38 meva alone is going to give 19 to 38 resist rates improvements (when not below floor)
and that not counting all the other benefits you traded away hunting that resist rate.

This is around halfway through but i have to go into a meeting

shield and back piece can be looked into when i get back

enjoy

Edit
It seems in the process of multitasking at work, I confussed myself with who was responding to. I apologize for the mixup.
The objective gear statements/question still stands though
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-03-29 10:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bruh... A WHM over 600 is already dodging a ton of enfeeblement effects. lol
I use a set fairly similar to Hya's, though it's only one of several, and honestly the physical defense is more important in this regard. You wanna make a more MEva/MDB focused set, do you.
By DaneBlood 2023-03-29 10:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
I use a set fairly similar to Hya's, though it's only one of several, and honestly the physical defense is more important in this regard. You wanna make a more MEva/MDB focused set, do you.

I agree but this is not a point on what I wanted to do but the purpose of what the set is trying to do

The physical defense has not been changed at all as mentioned in the post, so the change does the same phys defense vise it just comes with hefty improvement in resistrate and a drizzle of refresh
By SimonSes 2023-03-29 10:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Let trade that club out
dropping the clubb drop you hp with 130HP and gains you around 30Meva and 30dstat from daybreak plus some rfresh
Net Loss 130HP

I would assume that club would be path C, so it would be a loss of 15%DT too, not just 130hp.

I personally think plat belt over carrier is bad idea. Thats virtual HP. You will constantly drop to lower HP when you cast something and in worse case scenario you might even switch to idle with like 2400/2700 hp and get killed by some 90% max hp damage.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-03-29 12:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Let trade that club out
Net Loss 130HP

I would assume that club would be path C, so it would be a loss of 15%DT too, not just 130hp.

I personally think plat belt over carrier is bad idea. Thats virtual HP. You will constantly drop to lower HP when you cast something and in worse case scenario you might even switch to idle with like 2400/2700 hp and get killed by some 90% max hp damage.

This is a significant problem right now for a lot of people I play with. I've got some people that I'm playing with right now that have literally 1000 HP swings when they cast/ws or do whatever.

Edit: It's hell trying to be efficient with my MP sometimes because I see yellow HP all the time, and its just because of massive HP swings on gearswaps.
By SimonSes 2023-03-29 12:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Let trade that club out
Net Loss 130HP

This is a significant problem right now for a lot of people I play with. I've got some people that I'm playing with right now that have literally 1000 HP swings when they cast/ws or do whatever.

Edit: It's hell trying to be efficient with my MP sometimes because I see yellow HP all the time, and its just because of massive HP swings on gearswaps.

I remade a lot of sets and put a lot of priority of swaps in them for DNC because of Xevioso v25. Ended up with max HP being all the time between 2615-2654 (as Taru eattig Omelette Sandwich). This helped massively.

Imo Plat belt only have sense when you are using it like this, not to gain virtual max HP giving you nothing. The exception could be someone like GEO maybe, who can stay in idle for a long time without switching to other sets.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-03-29 15:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I find myself putting the Moogle Plat belt in a TON of midcast sets and some precast sets, but have avoided putting it in any aftercast/idle sets for that reason. It's been an absolute gem for making my HP not drop when I take actions.

That said, if any WHMs are having trouble with people whose HP fluctuates a lot and are getting annoyed by it, perhaps this will help. Try my approach to healing, I call it "preventative curing." That is to say, don't wait for people to take damage, just prevent it before they take it by keeping Cureskin up on them. As soon as their previous Cureskin drops I just blast another Cure4 on them. It's a slight burden on MP but modern gear/buffs make it manageable.

Besides the obvious benefits (and there are several), once you adopt that style the bouncing HP doesn't affect you as much either. See them in yellow HP? Look at their buffs. Do they still have stoneskin? If so it's just from swapping, no cure needed unless there's a specific reason to keep them topped up.

Obviously you can't do this all the time, like situations where you're spamming Curaga so much you don't have time for single target cures. But when you can do it, it saves lives.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-03-29 16:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

I agree but this is not a point on what I wanted to do but the purpose of what the set is trying to do

The physical defense has not been changed at all as mentioned in the post, so the change does the same phys defense vise it just comes with hefty improvement in resistrate and a drizzle of refresh
Do you have a specific refresh number in mind? I can run your needs through my optimizer and see what it gets if you'd like
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-03-29 17:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Yeah I find myself putting the Moogle Plat belt in a TON of midcast sets and some precast sets, but have avoided putting it in any aftercast/idle sets for that reason. It's been an absolute gem for making my HP not drop when I take actions.

That said, if any WHMs are having trouble with people whose HP fluctuates a lot and are getting annoyed by it, perhaps this will help. Try my approach to healing, I call it "preventative curing." That is to say, don't wait for people to take damage, just prevent it before they take it by keeping Cureskin up on them. As soon as their previous Cureskin drops I just blast another Cure4 on them. It's a slight burden on MP but modern gear/buffs make it manageable.

Besides the obvious benefits (and there are several), once you adopt that style the bouncing HP doesn't affect you as much either. See them in yellow HP? Look at their buffs. Do they still have stoneskin? If so it's just from swapping, no cure needed unless there's a specific reason to keep them topped up.

Obviously you can't do this all the time, like situations where you're spamming Curaga so much you don't have time for single target cures. But when you can do it, it saves lives.

That is fine for most content. In odyssey gaol specifically though, MP is so important, that you can't afford to waste it all the time. I do put cureskins up when I feel it is important, but I definitely don't spam cureskins in there. If I were to spam cureskin I'd be constantly out of MP, just because the only refresh I usually have in those fights is 1 or 2 ballads. I don't have my normal tools that I use for MP regeneration.

It doesn't seem like a lot, but /sch on whm is a huge boon for MP.
 Bismarck.Yvan
Server: Bismarck
user: yvan
By Bismarck.Yvan 2023-03-29 19:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I find that I'm generally spamming curagas more in gaol than I'm using single targets to get cureskin on, and depnding on which mob you're fighting you probably just want to try to get HP as high as you can.

I'm almost never using genmei shield, and try to keep culminus on instead. With the DT available elsewhere I don't see much point in using it on whm.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-03-30 02:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

1 or 2 ballads

42 tic Refresh + random Refresh in gear is not enough? :)
You must be doing something wrong, you should never get out of MP with that much refresh and +2/+3 legs, especially if you don't preemptively cast cure for cureskin only.

Our WHM at Ngai, who had tons of curing during the fight was still at 90% max MP at the end and only when he decided to literally spam (because why not if he had so much MP left) Curaga IV and V (usually on fully cured people, so without any return from empy legs) from 10% to 0% then he started loosing MP fast, but still ended up with 400MP left.
By DaneBlood 2023-03-30 08:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I assumed C as well but since he is over cap there is no loss of DT. since the DT on the club never has any effect

The HP part is a pretty on point argument though. in this case it was just to make up for the HP on the club to "free up the slot"

I mentioend earlier it a problem on my cor idle set putting me into yellow, which i need to fix
By DaneBlood 2023-03-30 08:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Do you have a specific refresh number in mind? I can run your needs through my optimizer and see what it gets if you'd like

I do not.
This was looking into the stats of someone elses suggestion and seeing that it was no pareto optimal. and a few changes would easily prove it pareto obsolete

I was pointing out the preson was missing the point by comparing to another set instead of comparing to the improvements that could be done to the questioned set.
By DaneBlood 2023-03-30 08:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

That is fine for most content. In odyssey gaol specifically though, MP is so important, that you can't afford to waste it all the time. I do put cureskins up when I feel it is important, but I definitely don't spam cureskins in there. If I were to spam cureskin I'd be constantly out of MP, just because the only refresh I usually have in those fights is 1 or 2 ballads. I don't have my normal tools that I use for MP regeneration.

It doesn't seem like a lot, but /sch on whm is a huge boon for MP.

Well there is not doubt that /sch is a huge boon for whm for mp management

but does your brd not soul voice? Just lightly looking at numbers because this meeting is boooooring

Ballad 1 + ballad 3 (assuming brd did not buy ballad 2 for headroom)
songs +7 (maybe brd doesnt have the gil yet for mb +1 neck)
thats 8 + 10 refresh = 18 refresh
add in soul voices you are at 36 refresh

lets use my new fancy cure calculato to go over a set that is trying to be mp efficinecy and assume no janiston ring (you probably have something better to useit for)
only 50% cure potency and eberg no cure potency2 and around 50% conserve mp all the down adjust to cover for survival pieces

You cure4 should land for around 1000HP with a 560 stoneskin effect. if you cure lands for this much it would be free from ebers pants.
but there rarely doe if we are trying to top of cureskin
lets say it land for 400 than the total avaerage cost of that spell is around 45mp you get 36 of those back in one tick from a non-maxed out brd

Since there is a 4sec delays between spells and a refresh tic is 3 there is 33% more refresh for the same spell cycles so 36 becomes
Ill ignore gear refresh since you might not be that often in it

So curing for 400 points with a cure4 with a not-maxed out brd giving you 2 ballads you get more mp back in the time the spell cost You in average.
You should not be able to run out of mp this way

Would you mind showing the cureset you are using ?

P.S.
im doing this multitasking and with a new cure calculator that i havent tested much. so if anything got messed up please let me know
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-03-30 12:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a trap!
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-03-30 22:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You definitely can't do it recklessly in Gaol but there are some times it's feasible.

I abused it on Kalunga for example. That one's kind of obvious though, with the full dispels making a quick cureskin super valuable while you get their buffs back up. I suspect a lot of WHMs abuse cureskin in that fight. My set for that one had 14 refresh and capped DT, though not much magic evasion. That's enough refresh for a 0hp Cure4 every 6 seconds without dipping into your MP pool. After a full dispel I'd usually jam a Cure5 even. MP was never a problem.

It's nice on Mboze too, only need to do it on the WAR or whoever is tanking and Mboze will get a little less TP. The rest of the party gets Curagas. I used a higher magic evasion set for that which has only 9 refresh, so that I could stand in range to get hit by my own Curagas without getting paralyzed by the add. It seemed to work better that way and allowed me to alternate between cureskin on the main tank plus Curagas or whatever was needed for everyone else, plus no moving around to reapply Auspice and whatnot. Just make sure to GTFO if you get magic evasion down aura because that freaking paralyze will end your career no matter how much meva you stack...

Other fights like Xevioso, Ngai, or Bumba... forget it. Like Yvan said, you got no time it's just nonstop Curagas. Hell I sometimes can't even find a window to re-apply Dia...
By SimonSes 2023-03-31 06:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Other fights like Xevioso, Ngai

I guess it depends how you fight it. If you take RDM to Xevioso and PUP to Ngai (to control adds), then you shouldn't need to spam any curagas.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-03-31 10:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

We used a PUP for Ngai to basically eliminate the adds from the fight, and it was definitely still a Curagafest. (Edit: Granted, we beat that one pretty fast so we didn't have much time to refine the strategy.)

Not sure how you'd fit a RDM into Xevioso and still have enough damage. Does that work on V25? What's the setup, do they replace the DNC? We used WHM BRD GEO WAR DRG COR DNC for that one.
By suuhja 2023-03-31 10:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

We've done many Xevioso clears with RDM and yes it fills the traditionally DNC slot. Mercy stroke pumps damage, and Bee isn't really a DPS check anyways.

Edit: I don't see COR in your comp. To be clear, DRG=COR in ours.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-03-31 10:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That sounds rather nice actually, takes Haste & debuff duty off the WHM too. Cheers. With the DNC, I was ridiculously busy on WHM and it felt like there should be a better way.

Edit: Oops you're right, we had a COR not a DRG, I fixed my post
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24