On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 22 23 24
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2022-05-22 20:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Are the zombie effects from Odyssey NMs non removable via sacrifice/bene? I've tried multiple times, some DDs seem to think it can but likely they are going by BG.

The status doesn't come up often enough for me to test on outside of ody.

Obv. Be less slow.

<3
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2022-05-22 21:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
Are the zombie effects from Odyssey NMs non removable via sacrifice/bene? I've tried multiple times, some DDs seem to think it can but likely they are going by BG.

You can 100% remove Zombie with Sacrifice when it's applied by Gigelorum's Debilitating Spout or Xevioso's Stinger Volley.

Thanks, I did some checking looks like it's working.
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2022-05-22 23:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno if you still need this, but you can find it from Apex Umbril's "Necrotic Brume" in Ra'Kaznar Inner Court. Also does Paralyze and Blind.
By georgebush 2022-05-23 06:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure you have Aflatus Solace turned on or sacrafice wont work for zombie.
By Slowforever 2022-06-09 09:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

whm dd at ml 30 with kraken is an absolute monster, ml 50 will be insane
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-06-09 13:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Slowforever said: »
using which ws?
By SimonSes 2022-06-10 00:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Slowforever said: »
using which ws?

Black Halo with Maxentius. I wouldn't call itmonster tho lol
By sailorsaturn 2022-06-23 10:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, newly minted fake Whm. I'm still trying to figure out how much conserve mp i should be utilizing. Whats the goal/priority there?
By Nariont 2022-06-23 10:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

as much as you can fit in after you've capped out your potency/filled in the II pieces/capped recast, CMP isnt a big deal for whm as bulk of your cures will be paid back via the emp legs, exceptions being if you're prepping a cureskin before a TP move on a already full hp target.

CMP is more for buffs or even i guess na's but most of whms arsenal is also pretty low mp cost so its more of a luxury
By Chimerawizard 2022-06-23 11:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I mainly only worry about cMP for reraise & arise. The rest is like Nariont said.
Even those, I give a slight priority for haste/FC over cMP due to weakened arise recasts when there's a wipe. SU5's main use I'd wager.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2022-06-23 11:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

sailorsaturn said: »
Hey guys, newly minted fake Whm. I'm still trying to figure out how much conserve mp i should be utilizing. Whats the goal/priority there?

Fill it in in spots that are not used for potency of the spell. aka its a second though not a main focus

what i personally do is that I have a nopotency set that strictly for Recast ConserverMP and enmity- (you can cap all 3 in one set)
then have any empty spots on a given set utilize what is in the nopotency set

ItemSet 381630
FastCast 81
Haste 25
ConMP:75 (+25 from /sch = 100
Enmity-: 34~38

ItemSet 381703
FastCast 82
Haste 27
ConMP:75 (+25 from /sch = 100
Enmity-: 47~51

These sets are also pretty optimal for arise and pretty much any spell you can't boost the potency off

and most of the item in them are something you'ed use for other spell specifically as well
[+]
By DaneBlood 2022-06-24 01:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was just messing around with my cure calculator (just to verify all math is correct compared to ingame numbers)

and i noticed the debat about raetic+1 club has really changed.
If you have an optimal raetic set (not just max cures but curesskin as well) then cure 1-3 is free even with raetic and no ConMP at all

Cure 4 is in average free calculation in the average gains of conmp (33) and a NQ aoudolin ring
Hades if you remove the conmp part cure4 is sitting at around 1292.9HP per MP used so pretty close to free again
offcause this is conciderin the full cure effect and not overcuring

Cure 5 and 6 stil cost MP with raetic but it also the 2 cures where it has the least effect and a weather staff or.. Qrod (yuk) can fill the spot instead

this is offcause with the cure landing at full effect so i messed around some more
remove the 10% weather bonus. all the conservermp it is still free cure1-3 with raetic
Thats a free cure3 at 801( no weather bonus) or 881 (with weather)

if you simply use a combination of raetic rod for cure 1-4 and iridal staff for 5-6 you should not worrry about that mp drain from raetic +1
By DaneBlood 2022-06-24 01:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

with the light arts 10 reduction cost and the full 35 conmp ingears (shield ammo ring feets) + 25 from /sch. even cure5 comes out to an "average" of free

Now it important go get that this is an average so its not guranted as any spell doing better than free are not having it full effect on real world average
and weather bonus IS needed to cure enough to get the mp which also indicated that the (close) the full healing ammounth needs to be presetn
But never the less cure5 should be close to problem free in regards to mp management with raetic+1

For reffence this is set im playing with
ItemSet 377736
 Bahamut.Arioch
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Arioch 2022-06-24 07:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
with the light arts 10 reduction cost and the full 35 conmp ingears (shield ammo ring feets) + 25 from /sch. even cure5 comes out to an "average" of free

Now it important go get that this is an average so its not guranted as any spell doing better than free are not having it full effect on real world average
and weather bonus IS needed to cure enough to get the mp which also indicated that the (close) the full healing ammounth needs to be presetn
But never the less cure5 should be close to problem free in regards to mp management with raetic+1

ItemSet 377736

How did you come to justify the HP drop from mephitas's? Or do you have different sets for different content?

Asking because i havent been able to bring myself to use the ring on my WHM...
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-06-24 07:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Arioch said: »

ItemSet 377736

How did you come to justify the HP drop from mephitas's? Or do you have different sets for different content?

Use Kuchekula Ring over Mephitas. Enmity-7, no HP loss. You really don't need that Conserve MP.

Also, personally speaking, I've basically stopped using sets like the above in modern endgame scenarios. I'm typically in a DT Cure set, capping DT, CP, and Enmity-, that way surprises can't happen. MP should never really be an issue — especially if you have a BRD as you should — nor is the potency of Raetic needed. Moreover, it'd be a pain in the *** to swap from Raetic when applying C4 Cureskins.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-06-24 09:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need -enmity anymore really if you're using Cleric's Torque +2. It's so easy to get -50 in your normal gear.

edit: in the set above for instance without considering the -enmity on Mephitas's that set is already at -57 enmity at least.
 Bahamut.Arioch
By Bahamut.Arioch 2022-06-24 10:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 385187

ItemSet 173056

These are the sets i've been using forever. But been thinking about changing my cape, right now i have FC+10. Switching it to cure potency would let me change out Lebeche Ring, and Mendicant's earring. I'd most likely do Defending Ring and Calamitous Earring.

Anyone want to try and sway me into Raetic and Mephistas's?
 Shiva.Mutih
Server: Shiva
user: mutih
By Shiva.Mutih 2022-06-24 10:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 385187

ItemSet 173056

These are the sets i've been using forever. But been thinking about changing my cape, right now i have FC+10. Switching it to cure potency would let me change out Lebeche Ring, and Mendicant's earring. I'd most likely do Defending Ring and Calamitous Earring.

You can switch cape to FC and mendicant's to glorious and still be capped on potency (you're way over cap atm)
By Chimerawizard 2022-06-24 14:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 383816
this is what I've been using. cape is WSD, otherwise would be using theophany hands. don't wanna make another whm cape. i have too many jse capes already.

before this, pulling hate by spamming curaga3 every 4 seconds in gaol would get me killed. now I basically don't worry about getting hit at all. (haven't gotten caught in my precast set yet)
and obviously the body is theo. for -gas.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-06-24 14:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a normal set and a dt set. Since the DT set is generally used in odyssey gaol, I can forget about having appropriate weather and stuff.

Normal Cure Set DT Cure Set
ItemSet 385192 ItemSet 385193

CP: 48% (54% with Path D feet)
CP2: 11%
Enmity-: 53 (over cap)
ConserveMP: 30 (55% with /sch)
cape: doesn't matter/fc
Technically this set is only 48% CP, but I put extra CP on Kaykaus feet instead of path B

CP: 51% (Over cap)
CP2: 5%
Enmity-: 51 (over cap)
ConserveMP: 17
cape: CP +10
The add in gaol is coming for me in most of our strats... I live in this set pretty much once the add pops

FC is not relevant for cure sets imo. Even with very little fast cast, you can basically just spam a specific cure spell as fast as you can. The 3 second lockout from casting is longer than the recast in 99% of instances.

Technically, Raetic is better in all ways to chatoyant, but imo, it's not so much better as to be worth the exhorbitant price tag.
By DaneBlood 2022-06-24 15:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Im ussually out of harms way on whm. and strong DT/meva set for idling . and cape has PDT on it in cure set
but I agree it is annoying and wish it wasn't there

There is no need for curepotency items you should have it abundance already so putting it on cape seem like a wasted slot

staff 10%
neck 10%
head 11%
feets 11 +6%
48% Before accessories are counted for

on the no weather its even worse
club 15%
neck 10%
head 11%
feets 11 +6%
53% Before accessories are counted for

Chimerawizard said: »
this is what I've been using. cape is WSD, otherwise would be using theophany hands. don't wanna make another whm cape. i have too many jse capes already.

before this, pulling hate by spamming curaga3 every 4 seconds in gaol would get me killed. now I basically don't worry about getting hit at all. (haven't gotten caught in my precast set yet)
and obviously the body is theo. for -gas.

ItemSet 384946
Should work with both raetic+1 and..qrod
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-06-24 15:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

with qrod with +15% CP you'd only be at 45 cure pot in that set.
 Bahamut.Arioch
By Bahamut.Arioch 2022-06-24 18:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

My bad on that, seems I did swap to calamitous earring already at some point. I am also using augment path D on Quellar. I need Lebeche to cap 50% in my light weather set, I kept it in my no weather set out of laziness. I should change my augment path and drop lebeche for my no weather set though.
By DaneBlood 2022-06-24 22:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

My bad on that, seems I did swap to calamitous earring already at some point. I am also using augment path D on Quellar. I need Lebeche to cap 50% in my light weather set, I kept it in my no weather set out of laziness. I should change my augment path and drop lebeche for my no weather set though.

You should not need to use lebeech in weather set
ItemSet 365112
Stats
Cure potency: 53 (3 over cap)
Cure Potency II: 16

Enmity-: 54~58
Haste: 30 (W/cape, over cap)
Fast Cast: 14

Weather bonus: yes + 10%
Solace Boost : 24

Cure to MP: 6%
Conserve MP: 20 (~5% cost reduction )
MP not depleted when used : 1%

Augments
Head: C) MP+80, SIRD-12% CureCastTime-7%
Boots: D) M.Acc.+20, CurePotency+6% FastCast+4%
Cape: Haste+10 but Fastcast is almost as good

I personal don't do haste on the cape though anymore i got with pdt just to have defensive traits in cure set and be able to reuse the cape for idle set

sorry for not being able to put it better but it seems like you are dead set to patch up a bad set rather than doing it right.

what are you using on your boots? the cure 6% fastcast 4% should be optimal as it can also be in your fastcast set while still capping fastcast

P.S.
you can substitute ring could be the loop
By Jetackuu 2022-06-24 22:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have an example of a good cure cheat logic? (to do 500hp objective solo) Or I guess is it possible to reduce your HP by 500 intentionally? (I didn't think there was enough HP>MP gear to do it.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-06-24 22:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

should be pretty easy to do with a combination of Tuisto/Odnowa +1 and Mephitas's +1 and a few other swaps.
 Bahamut.Arioch
By Bahamut.Arioch 2022-06-24 23:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry for not being able to put it better but it seems like you are dead set to patch up a bad set rather than doing it right.

Thats a bit presuming i've barely said much of anything. I did ask some questions and for feedback. I appreciate the feedback, i like my sets, but I am aware they're not the optimal.

Head augment path B i needed it at a point to cap enmity -
Feet augment path D

and this is my FC, it needs an overhaul but laziness. Oddysey has made it clear quick magic is worthless. I cant cast instantly when it activates and end up waiting to cast as if it didnt work anyway.
ItemSet 385197

Alot of my sets are like 6+ years old and i havent reexamined as i've gotten other pieces of gear. Having other eyes and talking about them has showed me i need to redo augments and definitely drop/swap some things around. My quellar rod is augmented from when i used it in my cursna set i never thought about it again since i got Gada, or Yagdrush.

I find myself getting smacked a bit more then a WHM should at times . This is why i am not onboard with using Mephistas's.
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2022-07-04 13:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Working on Whm, plan to have Yag by summers end and going through equip sets:

Any feedback appreciated on this set; intended for general healing set use.

ItemSet 385579

PDT 50% Cap
MDT 52% Over
CP1 50% Cap
CP2 12%
Enm -53 Over
CCT 77% Under 3

Rod: D Healing Magic skill +15 "Cure" potency +10% Cure spellcasting time -7%

Head: C MP+80, Spell interruption rate down 12%, "Cure" Spellcasting time -7%
Body: D MP+80, "Cure" potency +6%, "Conserve MP"+7
Feet: MND+8 "Cure potency +8%

Cape:
MND 30, Meva +20, FC 10%, PDT +10%
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-07-04 15:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Heya all I have a couple WHM related questions as I'm looking to start bringing my WHM to some tougher endgame content, particularly Ody Segment farming and maybe Gaol if the opportunity arises for a PUG group. I apologize if these have been answered already since I have only viewed the most recent page of this thread.

So this one is kinda the elephant in the room that I'd be surprised if no one has addressed this before, but with the chatoyant staff being non iLvl, isn't that an issue for you guys with tougher endgame content? Since it drops you to ilvl 109 every time you swap to a cure potency set, which is gonna be constantly on WHM. Far as I'm aware there is no 119 level ranged gear that WHM can equip to maintain ilvl 119 while swapping to cure set, and grips/ammo slot don't have 119 at all so neither of those solve the issue.

I do have chatoyant and hachirin obi, and I've been using those in my cure set up to this point on WHM. But I've only done like exp/JP grinding and easier content on my WHM so far like Ambu and such. Wouldn't dropping down to 109 constantly during stuff like Omen/Dyna-D/Odyssey be a huge problem for staying alive even with a full DT set? I don't see how you guys get around that, as I'm sure WHM is still getting hit by strong AOE attacks in the tougher endgame content.

I switched to my queller rod for now in cure set unless there is some way to solve that issue with the chatoyant staff. My other question is does the hachirin obi still give a bonus to cure potency with light storm active if you aren't using the chatoyant/iridal staves? Or do you have to use those staves in order for the bonus to activate? Wondering if I should use a different waist armor for cure set instead.

This is my current Cure Potency set:
ItemSet 385365
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 22 23 24