On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 22 23 24
By DaneBlood 2021-03-08 16:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah
Nariont said: »
its a club for starters, not a staff, and even at its weakest form path C is -15%, and keep in mind you still keep your shield slot open instead of what limits you have in grips, such as giucco or clerisy straps. Plus I wouldnt wish magian trails on anyone

yeh btu shield does not offer up anything great that strip can be Replace here ( fr the purpose of arise)

current shield is conmp4 and haste 2 and the set is 2hast over cap anyway (depending on rounding error) and conmp4 can be made in a strap as well
now offcause ther is 7fc you have to find somewhere now
Where streps offer a 2% solutions and shield would offer 3 for jse club

So agreed club is better but staff is an alternative for people not wanting to dump 80 mill into it. or just use current set with a fast cast club

Anyway for going with a one of the recast options beeing staff or club these are the needed change to still cap fastcast

Staff:
clerisy strap +1 (3%)
Incarnator stone (2%)
Legs to volte legs (+1%)

Club:
Chanter's Shield (3%)
Incarnator stone (2%)
Legs to volte legs (+1%)

this would then have you at
FastCast 80
Haste: 25
Recast delay 14/15
Total reduction 79-80

However concedering the possibility of a haste song or haste spell on your im not sure it really worth it for arise alone but thats subjecctive

i mgiht look into some more rotation to better explore the utilization of the recast
By Nariont 2021-03-08 16:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

just saw you kept referring to it as staff so wanted to be sure you werent confusing the two. Small side note but you could probably swap ayanmo legs for vanya for another 12 CMP wither either setup I think.

Also think building your sets around atleast expecting haste 1 should be pretty normal? Cheap and efficent to upkeep, also need to consider the light arts from /sch which is the sub majority will be using so thats another 10% recast to consider
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2021-03-08 19:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Recast time reduction from fast cast and haste are separate multipliers and can't simply be added. light/dark arts are also a separate multiplier.

For the - recast time stat my testing is from the nin su5 katana someone would have to test to confirm the whm weapons also put that stat as part of the fast cast term.

(base recast)(1-haste%)(1-fc%/2-recast%)(1-arts%)

So whm is probably looking like this now go ahead and recast the last page of posts.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-03-09 00:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
eliroo said: »
Why aren't you just using Bunzi?
Cause I dont have it yet

Anyway, was messing around with an optimal Arise set and im just sharing my set here if anyone could use it

ItemSet 378526
Fastcast: 81 (w/gada 80)
Haste: 27
ConMP: 68 (19% MP reduction)

Looked over your set, peeked at a few other options, and remodeled it for /nin backline.

Came out with 82% FC, and 73% Conserve MP.

ItemSet 378532
[+]
By DaneBlood 2021-03-09 09:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

just saw you kept referring to it as staff so wanted to be sure you werent confusing the two.

Sorry if I was unclear. The JSE club reminded me of ToM staff and i wanted to look into the staff to see if it would be worth it. mostly because i think i have a half build light staff laying around.
but i decided not to follow up on it i like the current set as it is as all the pieces are good for soemthing else as well

Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
Recast time reduction from fast cast and haste are separate multipliers and can't simply be added. light/dark arts are also a separate multiplier.

Thank you. but
recast time on arise is 2 mins aka 120sek
With fastcast giving 40% recast and haste givning ~25 recast reduction in my current sets the recast time is around 42 sec Which is slightly off the 1/3 mark. which perfectly fit with fastast and haste being addictive as the same factor

120 *(1-(.40+.25) = 42 recast time

so you formular appears to be at least incorrect on the multiplying haste and fastcast/2 for recast duration
With your formular it should have been 54 secs

120sec * 0.75 * 0.60 = 54 secsa

Affinity bonus might bet a different story though.

-- Edit
oops i think i forgot about lights art which would be the 10% different of 120sec between 42 and 54

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Loving the club that might bridge my nopotency and recast set into one.
Thank you for showing it
[+]
 Ragnarok.Gennss
Server: Ragnarok
user: gennss
By Ragnarok.Gennss 2021-03-09 11:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to take a moment to point out how fantastic this thread is. Thanks guys.
By DaneBlood 2021-03-09 11:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I cannot get this to work out to fit with what i believe i saw in game (at work so going on memory here)

I keep seeing my arise recast on 42 secs (timers addon)
so i tried using your formular and get as close as possible

org recast 120sec
Haste 25: 120s * 0.75 = 90s
FastCast 80/40: 90s * 0.6 = 54
LightsArt 10: 54s *0.9 = 48.6

Am I missing haste spell maybe ?

org recast 120sec
Haste 35: 120s * 0.65 = 78s
FastCast 80/40: 78s * 0.6 = 46.8
LightsArt 10: 46.8 *0.9 = 42.12

Looks like im forgetting that i have haste on myself
 Asura.Biglovin
Server: Asura
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2021-03-09 16:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question if anyone could answer:

I Understand how repetitive Blm nukes work on a single MB and was wondering if it applies to all bursts from all sources for reduction?

E.G.
Light SC Made > Whm burst Holy2 > Blm Burst Fire 6 afterwards. Does the Blm nuke still take a penalty? (Same with if Avatar or Blu nukes beforehand?) Or is it simply a penalty if its ELEMENTAL magic nuked in succession?

I'm sure there is testing somewhere that would answer that, but I'd assume someone that reads this knows the answer?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-03-09 18:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

just saw you kept referring to it as staff so wanted to be sure you werent confusing the two.

Sorry if I was unclear. The JSE club reminded me of ToM staff and i wanted to look into the staff to see if it would be worth it. mostly because i think i have a half build light staff laying around.
but i decided not to follow up on it i like the current set as it is as all the pieces are good for soemthing else as well

Thank you. but
recast time on arise is 2 mins aka 120sek
With fastcast giving 40% recast and haste givning ~25 recast reduction in my current sets the recast time is around 42 sec Which is slightly off the 1/3 mark. which perfectly fit with fastast and haste being addictive as the same factor

120 *(1-(.40+.25) = 42 recast time

so you formular appears to be at least incorrect on the multiplying haste and fastcast/2 for recast duration
With your formular it should have been 54 secs

120sec * 0.75 * 0.60 = 54 secsa

Affinity bonus might bet a different story though.

-- Edit
oops i think i forgot about lights art which would be the 10% different of 120sec between 42 and 54

Loving the club that might bridge my nopotency and recast set into one.
Thank you for showing it

I think this is going to be a timers issue based on your math. If you have time go cast Arise and do the ingame command /recast Arise see if it reports different then timers.
Also I'm not sure if your to test were using different equipment or not because haste 1 is 15% (150/1024) not 10% but you go from 25% in one test to 35% not 40% like I would expect.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-10 06:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated the GEO+WHM DPS spreadsheet with the Nyame set options.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2021-03-10 09:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
I think this is going to be a timers issue based on your math. If you have time go cast Arise and do the ingame command /recast Arise see if it reports different then timers.
Also I'm not sure if your to test were using different equipment or not because haste 1 is 15% (150/1024) not 10% but you go from 25% in one test to 35% not 40% like I would expect.

Thank you I havent been in the game but ima check that because yes haste is 15% and putting that in i end up at 38sec not 42

and second let me just point out I really like how this conversation went down about recast set in general.
alternatives for improvements was posted and math corrected.
and none of it resulted in an insulting sh#t throwing/screaming ( see the recent activity Blu section)

ima tryto se if i can waork in the succulus club suggested and still keep haste/FC cap'ed
By DaneBlood 2021-03-10 10:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Also think building your sets around atleast expecting haste 1 should be pretty normal? Cheap and efficent to upkeep, also need to consider the light arts from /sch which is the sub majority will be using so thats another 10% recast to consider

I forgot to respond to this part

1: Im building the set for wipe situations cause I believe that where it will be must impactive. so nost jsut for the single time you arise Sombody but hen you party is all down and the alliance geo is kiting the NM. bard got lost otw tryin to find you and the corsiar went afk in rage..
So many deaths. So little time and MP

So yes most of the time you will have haste I just want to make sure its optimal for when you dont

2: I am REALLY trying hard to get vanya pants into the mix for conMP and briding the set from my nopotency set
but the 9haste and 6FC does a lot for recast and i have just not been able to replace it without having to dump even more ConMP somewhere to make up for it.
In short: yes its on my radar ty
By Kasaioni 2021-03-16 16:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I have completed the set. Got the maxed fanatic gloves today.

[+]
 Bahamut.Jackflashh
Server: Bahamut
user: Kido
By Bahamut.Jackflashh 2021-03-16 18:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone tell me if the JP cure potency bonus to solace (40%) or the job gifts bonus (23?) stack on top of the I/II caps, or are they included?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-03-16 18:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jackflashh said: »
Can anyone tell me if the JP cure potency bonus to solace (40%) or the job gifts bonus (23?) stack on top of the I/II caps, or are they included?

Cure potency caps at 50% from gear, Cure potency II caps at 30% from gear, everything else stacks on top of that.
By DaneBlood 2021-03-16 22:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are not cure potency like cure potency on gears.
its a directly addition into your cure base values added in before c cure potecies are calculated
By DaneBlood 2021-03-20 12:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are not cure potency like cure potency on gears.
its a directly addition into your cure base values added in before c cure potecies are calculated

imma add ina abit here

first you calcuatle you base cure form healin and mdn and vit. you are most liekyl capped laready and hitting the max of the cure

A cure 3 is 340 at max cap
Then you add in your JP gifts that is 63 so a cure 3 is now 403.
Then you add in the 50 from rateic +1, so you cure 3 is now 453.
This is now what you cure does on as base.

hen you add cure potency (cap 50%) and cure potency 2 (cap30%) and you get most liekyl around 75%

453 x 1.75 = 792
the if you have weather bonus as well thas another 10% (no iridence since we are usign raetic+)
792 * 1.1 = 872 HP

the point is those cure potency form JP os not part of curepotency, but instead it is direct HP on the base. It adds in directly on the cured amount Before any potency gear is added. the more Cure potency you have the stranger this bonus will be
By DaneBlood 2021-03-22 17:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

so being borred at work today i started making myself a small cure calculator so i could compare sets more easilly
and also to really dig into the Raetic extra cost issue.

no for full disclosure i did use avarages on ConMP and etc to calculate the cost which is not 100% correct way to do it. but it will work as a strong indicator

We can clearly see that even with a good amount of ConMP raetic still comes out way lower on the mp efficiency

it also show that an easy to make set with an iridal staff surpasses the best sets you can make with queller rod

queller rod is truelly sub optimal for cures
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2021-03-22 19:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

872 hp for a cure 3? mine does like 500 o.o. now i feel gimp lol
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-22 19:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

so being borred at work today i started making myself a small cure calculator so i could compare sets more easilly
and also to really dig into the Raetic extra cost issue.

no for full disclosure i did use avarages on ConMP and etc to calculate the cost which is not 100% correct way to do it. but it will work as a strong indicator

We can clearly see that even with a good amount of ConMP raetic still comes out way lower on the mp efficiency

it also show that an easy to make set with an iridal staff surpasses the best sets you can make with queller rod

queller rod is truelly sub optimal for cures
Mind sharing this calculator? Could be useful for the community :-)
By Foxfire 2021-03-22 19:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

what's "easy/strong" supposed to be

also is power+ the bonus from gifts i assume?

remembered it's +40 from solace and 23 from gifts so disregard last sentecne
By DaneBlood 2021-03-22 20:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Mind sharing this calculator? Could be useful for the community :-)

Im working on finding a way to get it public in a safer way.
also its not entirely done yet. the MP collum is going to be efficient rather than the flat cost and diffrnet colores whatever the kick backalone made it free or it needed te conmp (since that is unstable/random)

Foxfire said: »
what's "easy/strong" supposed to be

also is power+ the bonus from gifts i assume?

remembered it's +40 from solace and 23 from gifts so disregard last sentecne

Easy/strong cure set.
ItemSet 360041

and yes power is what cure "potency" you get from JP gifts and raetic bonus
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-03-22 20:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Should add a column for 2x raetic since technically it is feasible.
By DaneBlood 2021-03-22 21:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Should add a column for 2x raetic since technically it is feasible.

it just to compare 4 different sets.
if you want to comparr with 2 raetic you just adjust the yellows to add in the bonus/cost

Power+ would be increased to 163
MP cost to 60% ( i assume the cost are additive here)
and offcause remove the bonusses from the shield wcih is 4 ConMP

or in other words.
just type in the stats from the sets and it will calculate out what all cure should do (with propper truncating) and what the mp efficiency is
By DaneBlood 2021-03-23 15:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM Calculator

however i do not like this solution as it multiple people in the same sheet i need to find a way to make it so anyone that visits gets their own "copy" of the calculator to work with
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-03-23 16:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You can already do that

By DaneBlood 2021-03-24 00:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
You can already do that

Yeah but I wanted something easier for ppl to just pop on
so i started making this instead

im seperating the cure potency and the MP part to give it a bit of an easier overview.
im also going to make it show etter if a cure is free soly on the empt pants kickback or if it needs the avarage of ConMP procs.

I also made a cursna calculator just to keep the theme

inspired from http://chiaia.optic-ice.com/Cursna.html

however im thinking of dropping the sliders and just go with a field to enter the number make ti faster and more precise imho

but ill see what people like the best
[+]
By Kasaioni 2021-03-25 23:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Any reason to use bunzi over nayame for meva set? They have the same meva, but bunzi has 2 more -dt.
By DaneBlood 2021-03-26 00:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Kasaioni said: »
Any reason to use bunzi over nayame for meva set? They have the same meva, but bunzi has 2 more -dt.

I thought bunzi had a bit more meva on them

i though you said yangi. to late i need to go to bed
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-03-26 01:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Kasaioni said: »
The Big difference here is Def vs MDef.
Nyame has 220~ Def over Bunzi. Best gear when expecting physical damage.
Bunzi has 15 MDef over Nyame. Best gear when expecting lots of magic damage.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 22 23 24