Sha'ir Manteel Augment Results?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sha'ir Manteel Augment Results?
Sha'ir Manteel Augment Results?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bismarck.Fleather
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: futchy
By Bismarck.Fleather 2009-10-19 10:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Been googling and doing alot of forum searches and i haven't seen many augments of this, im looking at what people have gotten on manteel :) thanks in advance, any links to images or a story is nice^^

Edit: Mine

User submitted image

I saw a few other people augment big items in FoV that were body pieces. Seems a going trend is you get no -stats and only +stats even if they are crappy ones. We were 0/6 on - stats, all had 1 +stat nothing else, all body pieces.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-19 10:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, people would do that to their BRD?

I mean, if you think about it, what possible auguments can be considered "good" for this? CHR? MAcc?

While pretty much everything else would be considered bad.

Or useless.

And the fact that you would risk it on a 2+mil piece of ***too......
[+]
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-10-19 10:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

well yeah, while those things would be the only plus, theres only few things that could be considered "harmful" to the piece. - CHR, - MP if that makes any difference? and i dont think theres such an aug as -macc...
[+]
 Bismarck.Fleather
By Bismarck.Fleather 2009-10-19 10:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Go away, your post was neither helpful nor needed. Just another troll obviously posting stupid things to make yourself feel better IRL.

Yes people would do this to thier brd, same reason people augment genie weskit(ive seen it) or HQ staves(seen it alot), with the same logic, anything worth any money you shouldn't augment. Or anything that has less than 2 benificial stats you could possibly gain you shouldn't augment.
[+]
 Bismarck.Fleather
By Bismarck.Fleather 2009-10-19 10:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup and some got +dex or +str.
 Titan.Chster
Server: Titan
user: Chster
By Titan.Chster 2009-10-19 10:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg does have a point
I mean cant you not get the same stat augment if it already has it on the piece no?
So that leaves out CHR(besides getting negative chr), so only benefit would be HP+, MP+ or Macc
Brd doesn't need any other stats, unless for fun (Solo I guess), which would be the only reason why i'd see someone augmenting Sha'ir Manteel, For Fun
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-19 10:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultrarichard said:
well yeah, while those things would be the only plus, theres only few things that could be considered "harmful" to the piece. - CHR, - MP if that makes any difference? and i dont think theres such an aug as -macc...

1 of my many weskits had an augument of MAcc+2.

Fleather said:
Go away, your post was neither helpful nor needed. Just another troll obviously posting stupid things to make yourself feel better IRL.

Yes people would do this to thier brd, same reason people augment genie weskit(ive seen it) or HQ staves(seen it alot), with the same logic, anything worth any money you shouldn't augment. Or anything that has less than 2 benificial stats you could possibly gain you shouldn't augment.

Um...you know, maybe you should realize that my post explains why people don't augument this.

It costs too much for a high chance of fail and a very low chance of win.

The reward doesn't offset the risk involved, so anyone who does this would be insane to try it.

oh, and btw: hi2u cheap substitute that is just as good as the Manteel.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-19 10:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Chster said:
Korpg does have a point
I mean cant you not get the same stat augment if it already has it on the piece no?
So that leaves out CHR(besides getting negative chr), so only benefit would be HP+, MP+ or Macc
Brd doesn't need any other stats, unless for fun (Solo I guess), which would be the only reason why i'd see someone augmenting Sha'ir Manteel, For Fun

I could go into a debate about why BRD shouldn't solo, but thats like showing you that 2+2=4.

Saying 2+2=5 is ok "just for fun" but it still doesn't make it right.
[+]
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-10-19 10:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Ultrarichard said:

1 of my many weskits had an augument of MAcc+2.

but not one with -macc?
 Titan.Chster
By Titan.Chster 2009-10-19 10:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think they should solo, only exception would be campaign i guess, i see a few do it but i'm sure you could get way more exp from a different job
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-10-19 10:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Chster said:
I don't think they should solo, only exception would be campaign i guess, i see a few do it but i'm sure you could get way more exp from a different job

you'd be surprised. i've broken 3k before BRD/WAR, my NIN doesnt often get 2k and does much more damage. also i can solo VOS FOV better on brd than ninja in terms of survivability.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-19 10:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Japanese Bard on Garuda augmented and got -5 Enmity I believe. Something like that. I'll hunt him down and screenshot it sometime.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-10-19 10:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea but people choose to augment the item they want, if they want to augment a 2mil item, that's up to them.

And like the op requests, post the augments if anyone has done it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Fleather
By Bismarck.Fleather 2009-10-19 10:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg like always, your missing the point, and your just trolling.

This debate wasn't "what would korpg do", neither was it "please give me advice should i augment or not". And it sure as hell wasn't "Should i solo on brd?" or "please show me a cheap substitute for the best brd piece in game" besides HQ manteel of course.

The risk and the money dont bother me at all, i dont mind. I was only asking for pictures or story's of manteel augments people have seen so i can make a decision for myself like a big boy.

Stop trolling and learn to read.
[+]
 Bismarck.Fleather
By Bismarck.Fleather 2009-10-19 10:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Japanese Bard on Garuda augmented and got -5 Enmity I believe. Something like that. I'll hunt him down and screenshot it sometime.

Thanks a first on topic post^^
[+]
 Titan.Chster
By Titan.Chster 2009-10-19 10:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultrarichard said:
Chster said:

you'd be surprised. i've broken 3k before BRD/WAR, my NIN doesnt often get 2k and does much more damage. also i can solo VOS FOV better on brd than ninja in terms of survivability.

I guess I'll have to try that out :o
Sorry for being off topic with my posts, enmity -5 is really nice ^^
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-19 10:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fleather said:
Korpg like always, your missing the point, and your just trolling.

This debate wasn't "what would korpg do", neither was it "please give me advice should i augment or not". And it sure as hell wasn't "Should i solo on brd?" or "please show me a cheap substitute for the best brd piece in game" besides HQ manteel of course.

The risk and the money dont bother me at all, i dont mind. I was only asking for pictures or story's of manteel augments people have seen so i can make a decision for myself like a big boy.

Stop trolling and learn to read.

Dude, I'm not the one trolling. You are the one who automatically attacked me for bring up the obvious. And people agreed with me.

I mean sure, there might be some who tried it. But not many will, and thats not because they have multitudes of gil on hand to spend, its because there are better things to try for, like Hagun, or Warwolf.

Plus, spending 2+ million gil on something that only 1% of the BRD population has (thanks to lack of materials, since the key ***comes from Vrtra) isn't something you would see people just openly augument.

So ok, have people show what they augumented for this one particular piece of item. Good luck finding somebody with a good augument.

Wooooodum said:

So far, thats one.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-19 10:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

There's really no reason to augment a Manteel. I mean, I'm not saying OH NOES DON'T DO IT, but honestly you should not be debuffing while wearing a Manteel. Ideally, you should be swapping in manteel for the precast portion of your singing, and swapping into Errant, Redingote, whatever CHR/Macc piece to actually debuff in. And if you're buffing would be Minstrel's coat. I just don't see the reasoning for having any stats on a Manteel. It's never going to equal any of the other debuff bodies. :s
[+]
 Bismarck.Fleather
By Bismarck.Fleather 2009-10-19 10:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:

Dude, I'm not the one trolling. You are the one who automatically attacked me for bring up the obvious.

Korpg said:
the obvious.

Korpg said:
the obvious!

Korpg said:
the OBVIOUS!!

Korpg said:
THE OBVIOUS!!!

Bolded for A.D.D.

And a video for the desert: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bMLrA_0O5I

Can i have some career advice in this thread too Korpg? xD
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-10-19 10:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok let's get back to topic. I'm interested to see what type of augments some have got if any did do a sha'ir manteel.
 Bismarck.Fleather
By Bismarck.Fleather 2009-10-19 10:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

On somepage someone said they got +1magic acc on one, but idk if its true. There was no pic
 Cerberus.Arkhana
Server: Cerberus
user: Arkhana
By Cerberus.Arkhana 2009-10-19 10:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

No way i'm risking a 4,5M worth piece of gear... but the real real real argument is that i don't wanna lose the signature of it :P
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-19 10:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually Alyria, I think you should lock this thread since the OP can't behave.
[+]
 Bismarck.Fleather
By Bismarck.Fleather 2009-10-19 10:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Behave? Well i think they should ban you for trolling. I stopped and got on topic when the admin asked, you on the other hand can't stay on topic or stop posting after the admin posted to stop(with this post now i can't either).
[+]
 Fenrir.Retin
Server: Fenrir
user: Jeniffer
By Fenrir.Retin 2009-10-19 11:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember, there comes a point in this game where 4.5M(Manteel) isnt too much money for someone, and if they have all the other buyable gears they want for the given job, yet, cant afford a relic, then sure, why not augment a multimillion item? If you are never to sell it anyway imo its really worth the chance of getting a better piece than what the piece already is.

"If you think 4.5m is nothing, then you can afford a relic" I know someone will reply this, but no, wrong:) Buying a relic today with 7k/12/14k coins is 140-200mill depending on wich you want. 4.5m is not 140m lol. I agree with topic poster, he simply asked for a augment result on a manteel, and thats it, really, THATS IT! He didnt ask for ANYTHING else. Instead of bringing up info about yigit gomlek, or reasons to why not to augment one, you are imo better off to just not post, lay off the topic for just once, and let people who actually have info to what the topic poster asked for post what they have.

tl;dr Stay on topic, please.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-19 11:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Retin said:
Remember, there comes a point in this game where 4.5M(Manteel) isnt too much money for someone, and if they have all the other buyable gears they want for the given job, yet, cant afford a relic, then sure, why not augment a multimillion item? If you are never to sell it anyway imo its really worth the chance of getting a better piece than what the piece already is.

"If you think 4.5m is nothing, then you can afford a relic" I know someone will reply this, but no, wrong:) Buying a relic today with 7k/12/14k coins is 140-200mill depending on wich you want. 4.5m is not 140m lol. I agree with topic poster, he simply asked for a augment result on a manteel, and thats it, really, THATS IT! He didnt ask for ANYTHING else. Instead of bringing up info about yigit gomlek, or reasons to why not to augment one, you are imo better off to just not post, lay off the topic for just once, and let people who actually have info to what the topic poster asked for post what they have.

tl;dr Stay on topic, please.

4.5 million isn't worth as much as it was in 2005. Those who have the money would have had it saved up since back then, and those who don't can't get it as easy because nothing is worth near that much anymore.

But many people would agree with me, 4.5 million is a very risky chance for something that's only have a 5-10% chance of being good.

If THAT much.

Lets see what's considered good for it:

HP+
MP+
MAcc+
Enmity -

Lets see whats considered bad for it:

HP-
MP-
MAcc-
Enmity +
STR/VIT/DEX/AGI/INT/MND/CHR- (any of that)
Slow +

Lets see whats considered useless for it:

hMP+
hHP+
Magic Attack Bonus
Magic Defense Bonus (if you are getting hit, its your own damn fault)
STR/VIT/DEX/AGI/INT/MND+
Attack+
Accuracy+
Range Attack+
Range Accuracy+
Anything with the words Pet in it

So, you see my point?

4 good things vs 26+ bad/useless things for it. Not a good risk of 4.5 million, is it?
[+]
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-10-19 11:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg, this thread is about augmented sha'ir, not your rambling *** about how we shouldn't do something and how you obviously know whats best to do.

Shut up seriously.
[+]
 Titan.Chster
By Titan.Chster 2009-10-19 11:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg, your point is very good :]
but they also have a point, the OP just wants to see what augments people have gotten
I think you should be tellin your logic to the people who actually augmented rather than people in this thread :D
[+]
 Bismarck.Fleather
By Bismarck.Fleather 2009-10-19 11:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

We see your point korpg, everyone is aware of this already, your only pointing out the obvious and shoving your own personal choices down our throats. This isn't flame core, please stay on topic if you dont mind.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5