Sha'ir Manteel Augment Results?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sha'ir Manteel Augment Results?
Sha'ir Manteel Augment Results?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-19 11:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fleather said:
Been googling and doing alot of forum searches and i haven't seen many augments of this, im looking at what people have gotten on manteel :) thanks in advance, any links to images or a story is nice^^

I'm explaining why he hasn't seen any auguments of this.

So, in point, I'm answering his question.

You won't find many. End of story. I'm not trolling, I have been on topic. People are taking my words out of context.
 Bismarck.Fleather
Server: Bismarck
user: futchy
By Bismarck.Fleather 2009-10-19 11:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Im going to stop because admin asked me to drop it via PM. I'll ask you once again to nicely drop that subject, only pictures or stories of augments from here on out please.
[+]
 Fenrir.Retin
Server: Fenrir
user: Jeniffer
By Fenrir.Retin 2009-10-19 11:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

4 good vs 26 bad/useless, those odds for me are excellent. Yes, many people would agree with you that 4.5m gil is alot of money, in fact, MOST people do agree with you, but when you want to push the limit, be the better bard(in this case, get a better/good stat on the body piece), and you have all the other buyable pieces it is for those people worth the risk.

Example; Dusk gloves(+1), 1% HQ chance for beeing T0. 1 good/99 bad or loss in 100 synths. Yet, people SPAM them! Perfection requires a touch of madness~
[+]
 Bismarck.Fleather
By Bismarck.Fleather 2009-10-19 11:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Retin said:
Perfection requires a touch of madness~

Amen~
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-19 11:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fleather said:
Im going to stop because admin asked me to drop it via PM. I'll ask you once again to nicely drop that subject, only pictures or stories of augments from here on out please.

No, I have not seen any augumented Sha'ir Manteels.

All I have heard of is the Enmity -5 one.
 Bismarck.Fleather
By Bismarck.Fleather 2009-10-19 11:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know which FoV that guy did to get +3magic acc on the nereid ring?
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-19 11:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering that Sha'ir is level 72, you only have 2 options on augumenting it.

If that Nereid ring was outside of those 2 options (say, it was done in Yhoat) then you can't "emulate" it.

But, I can tell you this, I got a MAcc+2 weskit from Valley of Sorrows. If you want to try to augument your Manteel, do it there.
[+]
 Bismarck.Fleather
By Bismarck.Fleather 2009-10-19 11:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, i was asking about the ring not to emulate it but to replicate it by doing a ring for myself to team up w/ an omega's ring for debuffs etc.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-10-19 11:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

+1 for you Korpg!
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-19 11:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I know I've said this again but nothing besides like MP or -Enmity would enhance a Manteel. I will repeat myself again-- you do not debuff with a Manteel. If you're going to use your day uses to get something good, as said before the Nereid ring would be the best. I would love a Macc+ Nereid, I just haven't gotten around to do any FoV. Korpg is being extremely harsh, but his opinion (in my opinion) is a good one. I'll hush and let you look at what Sha'ir options there are, but I'd rather you try for better rings, or augment an errant body or something. I've seen some hot CHR+ Terra's staves too.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-19 11:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninian said:
Korpg is being extremely harsh, but his opinion (in my opinion) is a good one.

I'm not being harsh, I'm being realistic.

While I will never get a Sha'ir Manteel (being that I have 5 other jobs at 75 that is more useful to my linkshell than my BRD) I will never play BRD outside of merit parties.

So, to me, and probably to about 95% of the BRDs out there, we will never be as good as you, and thats ok by us because we have other jobs to be more useful with.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-19 11:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
I'm not being harsh, I'm being realistic.

While I will never get a Sha'ir Manteel (being that I have 5 other jobs at 75 that is more useful to my linkshell than my BRD) I will never play BRD outside of merit parties.

So, to me, and probably to about 95% of the BRDs out there, we will never be as good as you, and thats ok by us because we have other jobs to be more useful with.

Eeeh, I wouldn't say having a Sha'ir over a Yigit is really that much of a difference. I have Yigit, Minstrel's Ring (always active in merits, sometimes active other times), Rostrum Pumps and a Loq. Earring, and my songs "appear" to go off at around 50%. Granted, Sha'ir is shiny, pretty, and I wish I had the gil to afford one... but I'd rather have better debuff and buff gear than fastcast. Most bards with Sha'ir can't even stick Elegy, etc.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-19 11:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Kirin's Osode.

See, I don't give a ***about BRD so much that I take other equipment from all my other jobs and equip it on BRD when I'm asked to merit on it.

Although, thats not completly true anymore. Since my shell has started to ask for my BRD alot (seeing as I'm in a complete analmode for getting 100% merits completed on SAM/WAR/SMN/BLM/RDM) I have properly "geared" it. Meaning...its actually got some decent ***, but about 2 items were bought with my own gil (instruments were given to me by my leader, thats how he got me to revive it from the dead, that and that he threatened to kick my *** if I didn't bring it for this one event).
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-19 12:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
I use Kirin's Osode.

See, I don't give a ***about BRD so much that I take other equipment from all my other jobs and equip it on BRD when I'm asked to merit on it.

Although, thats not completly true anymore. Since my shell has started to ask for my BRD alot (seeing as I'm in a complete analmode for getting 100% merits completed on SAM/WAR/SMN/BLM/RDM) I have properly "geared" it. Meaning...its actually got some decent ***, but about 2 items were bought with my own gil (instruments were given to me by my leader, thats how he got me to revive it from the dead, that and that he threatened to kick my *** if I didn't bring it for this one event).

Oh lol, that's kinda funny. See I go BRD to pretty much everything since my other jobs are essentially useless. :s Osode is nice, it's just ugly and totally not fitting with the Bardly atmosphere. :<
 Lakshmi.Vawn
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vawn
By Lakshmi.Vawn 2009-10-19 12:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy cow does Korpg just run around trying to stir up drama on every thread on FFXIAH all day? I've never seen anything other than this.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kelia
Server: Bahamut
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-10-19 14:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

there are jobs more useful than BRD?

My manteel belongs to my LS so I can't augment it. HP would be nice though.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-10-19 14:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninian said:
Most bards with Sha'ir can't even stick Elegy, etc.

They need to learn how to macro then.
Have the fast cast stuff on before casting, start casting then switch in the +stuff.
boom you have a short cast time and still land stuff!
[+]
 Pandemonium.Nususu
Server: Pandemonium
user: nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2009-10-19 14:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm confused. Since when does 10% = 12%?
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-19 14:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Except, that'd only be for the "song spellcasting -". You want Fast Cast on when the spell lands to reduce recast timers (assuming the piece with fast cast isn't needed to actually land the buff).
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-10-19 14:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt read the majority of this thread because I simply dont care. BUT!

I guess if Korpg didnt sound like an elitist *** in his first post, people (like the OP) would be more inclined to listen to whatever *** he had to say.

Whether it was right or wrong, an opinion given in a sarcastic tone will fall upon deaf ears (this is always true, but much more prevalent in a place like this forum).

If you want people to listen to what you have to say, and take it seriously... you need to chose your words and tone of voice carefully.

Really though, it's probably best to simply refrain from posting if you dont have anything CONSTRUCTIVE to add to a thread. But we all know this never happens... because some people just like to hear themselves talk.

And I felt this post was constructive, if only so people can better understand what is really basic communication skills.... which so many people lack.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-19 15:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Vawn said:
Holy cow does Korpg just run around trying to stir up drama on every thread on FFXIAH all day? I've never seen anything other than this.

Go away, the topic isn't about Alla, its about Sha'ir Manteel.

Nususu said:

I'm confused. Since when does 10% = 12%?

I said substitute, didn't say a replacement. I will agree that Sha'ir > Yigit, but since about 95% of the BRDs out there don't want to save 4.5 mil for just 1 item that they can't even do anything productive with (fighting is different than buffing) and also, that same number of BRDs would have something better to waste their gil with (I personally have 4 jobs that are more important to me and my linkshell) this would be a cheap (i.e. all it costs is a little time every day for 20 days, more if you do Salvage) substitute.

Sovereign said:
I didnt read the majority of this thread because I simply dont care. BUT!

I guess if Korpg didnt sound like an elitist *** in his first post, people (like the OP) would be more inclined to listen to whatever *** he had to say.

Whether it was right or wrong, an opinion given in a sarcastic tone will fall upon deaf ears (this is always true, but much more prevalent in a place like this forum).

If you want people to listen to what you have to say, and take it seriously... you need to chose your words and tone of voice carefully.

Really though, it's probably best to simply refrain from posting if you dont have anything CONSTRUCTIVE to add to a thread. But we all know this never happens... because some people just like to hear themselves talk.

And I felt this post was constructive, if only so people can better understand what is really basic communication skills.... which so many people lack.

While I respect your opinion as it is, maybe you should take your own advice.

And while you might think I was being an "elitist ***" to my eyes I felt like it was constructive critisism. I'm sorry if you feel that way, but I would feel that you are biased in your attitude because, as you have said, you think I lack communication skills. I feel that you are correct, I didn't take the lession in "ball sucking" like many people have. I was sick that day.

And while you think your post was constructive, I feel that it was pointless, but there you go. We are entitled to our own opinions, are we not?
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-10-19 15:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:

While I respect your opinion as it is, maybe you should take your own advice.

And while you might think I was being an "elitist ***" to my eyes I felt like it was constructive critisism. I'm sorry if you feel that way, but I would feel that you are biased in your attitude because, as you have said, you think I lack communication skills. I feel that you are correct, I didn't take the lession in "ball sucking" like many people have. I was sick that day.

And while you think your post was constructive, I feel that it was pointless, but there you go. We are entitled to our own opinions, are we not?

The post wasnt really directed at you as an individual... in fact I'm fairly certain the word "you" interspersed throughout my post is used as an indefinite pronoun, and thus I was speaking in general to everyone who might read it. Taking it personally only proves it's truth.

For future reference:

Constructive critisism can never be given in a rude or sarcastic manner. No matter what you say, it becomes DEconstructive because of your tone.

Giving advice in a respectful manner is not "Ball sucking" as Korpg so eloquently stated... it's just simple common courtesy.
[+]
 Fairy.Deliverance
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-10-19 15:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

There are many ways to give advice. You are using an extreme technicality to prove that you have been on topic.

It's like the topic has the word is in it, so you look for one sentence of your ramble, that has the word "is" in it, and justify yourself as being on topic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------CUT

Let the Bard Augment Discussion, BEGIN!
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-19 15:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sovereign said:

The post wasnt really directed at you as an individual... in fact I'm fairly certain the word "you" interspersed throughout my post is used as an indefinite pronoun, and thus I was speaking in general to everyone who might read it. Taking it personally only proves it's truth.

For future reference:

Constructive critisism can never be given in a rude or sarcastic manner. No matter what you say, it becomes DEconstructive because of your tone.

Giving advice in a respectful manner is not "Ball sucking" as Korpg so eloquently stated... it's just simple common courtesy.

Please forgive me then. See, you used me as a statement in your post, the went directly into your rant using the word "you." One would think that you are still talking about me.

And while you are correct in the construtive critism part, you are still not following your own advice. Lets just say that your advice fell on deaf ears.
Deliverance said:

Let the Bard Augment Discussion, BEGIN!

It began on page one.
 Fairy.Deliverance
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-10-19 15:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Again with the extreme circumstances. It's funny. Being able to see right through you.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-19 15:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Deliverance said:
Again with the extreme circumstances. It's funny. Being able to see right through you.

You wanted this discussion to be on topic, so why are you throwing it off topic then?
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2009-10-19 15:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people like to watch trains derail. Same applys with threads. Everyone please continue with the sha'ir posts. Screen shots or it didnt happen. NOW GO GO GO!
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-19 16:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Ninian said:
Most bards with Sha'ir can't even stick Elegy, etc.

They need to learn how to macro then.
Have the fast cast stuff on before casting, start casting then switch in the +stuff.
boom you have a short cast time and still land stuff!

Yeah I know, most people with Sha'ir don't know what macros are. Not saying all, just saying every one that I've seen idle (even on /whm), debuff and buff in it without swapping. A good Bard is never seen wearing Sha'ir besides town gear and merits.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2009-10-19 16:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

***all the guy asked for was some screenies or info's on augmented Manteels and you people start all this ***... hurts my eyes x_x.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-19 16:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd aug my manteel... But... I'm cheap. >.> I cap my augments at ~400k.