Sha'ir Manteel Augment Results?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sha'ir Manteel Augment Results?
Sha'ir Manteel Augment Results?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Slamm
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-10-22 20:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Slamm said:
i dont care if you disagree or not lol

Blatenly.

i'm stating you are greedy, doesn't mean i care you disagree lol

Wooooodum said:

Please be a gentleman and quote where I said anything that could even remotely imply what you just said.

Wooooodum said:
Slamm said:
what you said was true but sometimes people really should not get certain gear (since to get it they have to lot over others) when they only use a job for something shitty like campaign or manaburn.

Nope...

by saying nope you are saying people who use jobs for campaign should still lot on morrigans lol

Wooooodum said:
Slamm said:
would you give defending ring to a campaign pld?

Lol.

by your logic that is what you are saying
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-22 21:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I love it when people are so desperate for a valid argument that they clutch at straws and completely twist and sometimes make up their opponent's statements.

The original point I'm making, if you actually bothered to read it, was a direct response to Korpg saying he shouldn't bother with song recast because he only uses BRD for merit parties. I said, that is like saying you shouldn't bother with Haidate because you only do campaign or you shouldn't bother with Morrigans if you only manaburn on Black Mage.

As I said in response to your post the first time, the specific usefulness of an item isn't the point I made. You took the point too literally. I am the sort of person who strives to equip their jobs to the best of my ability. This means I disagree with, "I shouldn't bother with X because I only use Y for Z". In essence, I am actually agreeing with the point you are now arguing against me over.

The problem is, you're so wrapped up concerning yourself over the specific examples that you're not taking the intended point into account. The "Nope" was directed at the fact you claimed you understood my point, posted that, but you hadn't. "Nope...", you don't get the point.

Slamm said:

By my logic? What logic? I never said anything. You're just putting words in my mouth because you think it makes your point more valid. I never disagreed that Paladins who only use Paladin for campaign shouldn't get Defending Ring. If I did, quote it. Quoting yourself saying that, and then me saying "Lol" is hardly quoting me saying Paladins should get Defending Ring, even if they only use it for campaign.

And yes, you are bothered that I disagree, otherwise you wouldn't have posted. Stop acting like you don't care, because every reply just contradicts you.

PS. Just in case you didn't get it, we're arguing the same point of view, except you are focusing and disagreeing on my examples.
 Asura.Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-10-22 21:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
This means I disagree with, "I shouldn't bother with X because I only use Y for Z"

which involves lotting over someone else out of greed

how can you not see that

gear does not make you better at a job, it removes some limitations and nothing more.

if you only do stuff which doesn't need those to be removed then lotting it is pointless.

its like pimping out rdm to enfeeble a xp mob
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-22 21:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Slamm said:
which involves lotting over someone else out of greed

how can you not see that

gear does not make you better at a job, it removes some limitations and nothing more.

if you only do stuff which doesn't need those to be removed then lotting it is pointless.

its like pimping out rdm to enfeeble a xp mob

I can see that. I have seen it all along and ignored it because it doesn't involve me or the points I made.

Your problem is, you're making assumptions. You have zero concept of my background, how I behave, and you're completely clueless to my lotting habits. I really can't see how wanting to be as well geared as I can is the same as greed? It's ambition to better myself through my gameplay. You're the one assuming this involves lotting over other people who may or may not get a "better" use out of something. You're the one turning that very decent point into something sinister, through twisting my words and adding your little "logic" in here and there.

Now I could go on for five minutes about how skilled a player I am, what I have or haven't lotted recently, etc, but I really don't see the point. I know I'm not greedy, so what do I particularly care if you do? So long as you continue to twist what I said and put words and "Logic" in my mouth, I'm not going to win anyway.

PS. I would appreciate it if you responded to the rest of the points I made, rather than quote one sentence and pick it to pieces. It makes better food for thought and makes a more interesting discussion.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-22 21:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:

The original point I'm making, if you actually bothered to read it, was a direct response to Korpg saying he shouldn't bother with song recast because he only uses BRD for merit parties. I said, that is like saying you shouldn't bother with Haidate because you only do campaign or you shouldn't bother with Morrigans if you only manaburn on Black Mage.

That's Slamm's point. Why bother with Haidate if all you do is campaign? Give the panties to somebody who would use it for something more useful.

Quote:
Slamm said:

By my logic? What logic? I never said anything. You're just putting words in my mouth because you think it makes your point more valid. I never disagreed that Paladins who only use Paladin for campaign shouldn't get Defending Ring. If I did, quote it. Quoting yourself saying that, and then me saying "Lol" is hardly quoting me saying Paladins should get Defending Ring, even if they only use it for campaign.

How can we put words in your mouth when you say it so bluntly?
 Asura.Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-10-22 21:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

lol think what you want, its still greed.

if it was ambition you would use the job for more than campaign in the first place.

and no i don't need to respond to the other points because for the most part i don't disagree with those.

all im saying is you see to be mistaking ambition with greed, lotting stuff for a campaign job is obviously greed no matter how you try and tell yourself it is not.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-22 21:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Slamm said:

if it was ambition you would use the job for more than campaign in the first place.

and no i don't need to respond to the other points because for the most part i don't disagree with those.

all im saying is you see to be mistaking ambition with greed, lotting stuff for a campaign job is obviously greed no matter how you try and tell yourself it is not.

But I never said what I use the jobs for. This is what I mean by adding words into my mouth. I never once spoke of my own personal habits or playing style, only a generalised example to make the point you're actually arguing against me. I thought I made this clear in my previous post, but obviously not, so I will quote it:

Wooooodum said:
As I said in response to your post the first time, the specific usefulness of an item isn't the point I made. You took the point too literally.

I don't see how an example of what other people may or may not think reflects my personal opinion or judgement.

Think what you will about me, I'm not a greedy person.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-22 21:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Slamm said:

But I never said what I use the jobs for. This is what I mean by adding words into my mouth. I never once spoke of my own personal habits or playing style, only a generalised example to make the point you're actually arguing against me.

It doesn't matter if you say it or not, all it matters is your actions in the manner. If you know you will only use RNG (using this as an example) just for Campaign, and there is no other jobs that you can use Kirin's Osode and Kitty Panties for, and you have the points to lot both (or you do a shout run where these happen to be free lot) then don't you think its greedy for you to lot on these? It doesn't matter if you have to say it or not. You "technically" have the right to wear these, since you have a job to 75 that can equip it. These equipment can make your job a little better. They are highly sought after items. Can you justify, honestly, in lotting in them?

Disclaimer: I understand that you wouldn't use K.Osode or Kitty Panties for RNG, but like I said, it was an example.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-22 22:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Wooooodum said:
Slamm said:

But I never said what I use the jobs for. This is what I mean by adding words into my mouth. I never once spoke of my own personal habits or playing style, only a generalised example to make the point you're actually arguing against me.

It doesn't matter if you say it or not, all it matters is your actions in the manner. If you know you will only use RNG (using this as an example) just for Campaign, and there is no other jobs that you can use Kirin's Osode and Kitty Panties for, and you have the points to lot both (or you do a shout run where these happen to be free lot) then don't you think its greedy for you to lot on these? It doesn't matter if you have to say it or not. You "technically" have the right to wear these, since you have a job to 75 that can equip it. These equipment can make your job a little better. They are highly sought after items. Can you justify, honestly, in lotting in them?

Disclaimer: I understand that you wouldn't use K.Osode or Kitty Panties for RNG, but like I said, it was an example.

That is a fair point, although my original argument wasn't justifying lotting them in those examples. I just don't agree we shouldn't look to obtain these items. We should, but yes, not at the expense of somebody who may get better use out of them. Slamm turned this around to specifically quote me as saying it about myself and that I would outlot people in those situations because of my ambition to better gear myself. I wouldn't, and have not done, on dozens of occasions.

In my Dynamis shell, we have a rule where if nobody wants to pay points for a drop, it goes free lot to everyone in the zone. They can then chance winning the lot and getting the drop for free. I frown when somebody with RDM1 outlots RDM66s or RDM75s on Duelist's Gloves, because it's greed and greed pisses me off; hence why I react so quickly to accusations of being one of those individuals.

PS. Yes, I know Duelist's Gloves wouldn't go free lot, but I needed a good example of how non-RDM's would deprive RDM's of a useful drop.

Korpg said:

Can't get enough of that Critical Hit rate on Sidewinder!
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-22 22:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:

In my Dynamis shell, we have a rule where if nobody wants to pay points for a drop, it goes free lot to everyone in the zone. They can then chance winning the lot and getting the drop for free. I frown when somebody with RDM1 outlots RDM66s or RDM75s on Duelist's Gloves, because it's greed and greed pisses me off; hence why I react so quickly to accusations of being one of those individuals.

PS. Yes, I know Duelist's Gloves wouldn't go free lot, but I needed a good example of how non-RDM's would deprive RDM's of a useful drop.

Ok, quick question. Why not, instead, make it free lot with restrictions? What I mean is, it goes free lot to anyone with RDM75 first (and make sure they can prove it after the run, or you either take away their lotting privs or kick them out of the shell period) and let those lot first? Case in point: My dynamis. Every free lot goes down the following path:

<Korpg> Free lot RDM hands 73+ (yes, this happened last dynamis basty run).
<Korpg> Free lot RDM hands 60+ (didn't go that far though).
<Korpg> Free lot RDM hands 50+.
<Korpg> Free lot RDM hands 37+.
<Korpg> Free lot all.

Korpg said:

Can't get enough of that Critical Hit rate on Sidewinder![/quote]
Sorry, I'm being noob at RNG (since the closest thing to RNG I have is SAM/RNG) but isn't Sidewinder's TP calculations only determine Accuracy?

Or are you being sarcastic about Kitty Panties?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-22 22:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Sorry, I'm being noob at RNG (since the closest thing to RNG I have is SAM/RNG) but isn't Sidewinder's TP calculations only determine Accuracy?

Or are you being sarcastic about Kitty Panties?

Swing and a miss, although since you are not experienced with RNG, you can be let off. =P
 Bismarck.Fleather
Server: Bismarck
user: futchy
By Bismarck.Fleather 2009-10-22 22:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys, its a personal choice. People that do campaign will want haidate if they can wear it, "want" being the keyword. And most of them will probably get. Because until you change the laws of human nature to stop people from being greedy and only thinking about themselfs this will never change. Dont forget the all in all "i want" syndrome. I dont think woodum disagrees that a campaign only person should get the haidate before someone else, but his objections are in other departments.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-22 22:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If the person in question actually farms/buys the pops, shouts for the run saying all but the kitty pants free lot, then they have every right to get that item.

But, if a linkshell farms the pops, pops the kitty, and the pants drops, why should the BLM get the pants if he only has WAR and never brings WAR to any event?

Its not the BLM's fault for wanting the kitty pants, but its the linkshell's fault for giving it to him.
 Bismarck.Fleather
By Bismarck.Fleather 2009-10-22 23:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Its human nature to want and not care about others(most of us).

It isn't always about the linkshell also, if the BLM wants the pants and he has put in enough time, he should get IMO. It shouldn't be by what job you come as. Because there is alot of us that come something we never want to.

And by your logic from your last post(going by what it assumes), if you have BLM and WAR but your favorite job is WAR, but your always asked to come BLM and you hate the job, and u only do it to help your ls, you shouldn't get the pants. Which is down right HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. If that BLM is there helping people and getting nothing out of it, he deserves the pants.

No one will help your ls, or any ls for that matter for free. If its a sky ls and the blm has everything he needs from sky for his blm and only wants pants or other things for other jobs but is always asked to come BLM. How the *** would he get WAR gear? Sorry but your last post made me wanna slap your troll ***.

Side Note: If your ls has that mentality im glad im not on Asura and in your crappy ls. Also lol@drgaf2news on homepage :)
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-22 23:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't understand.

If you have 2 jobs, you would want to properly gear those 2 jobs. I understand that kitty pants are great for WAR, but if you never use it, and you use your BLM all the time, wouldn't you want to get that gear first?

But, if your LS has 2 people wanting the pants, 1 of them only goes to events as BLM and the other only goes to events as WAR, wouldn't you want to give the pants to the WAR first instead of the BLM? All things equal. Meaning the event points are the same, they both have decent gear otherwise, and both of them have the same job they want to use it for. They both "could" go to sky as WAR, but since the BLM also has BLM leveled, they have to go as BLM more often than the WAR, since the WAR only has WAR leveled.

All things considering equal, and they both want the pants, would you give the BLM the pants first just because they have BLM and WAR? Or would you give the WAR the pants first because you can see an automatic improvment from that point onward?

Thats the question I brought up. You make it sound like I would give it to the WAR even though the BLM has unequal opportunities towards it (i.e. more points/less points whatever). Its all a manner of priorities here.

Oh, and thanks for the jab at my linkshell. I wasn't using my shell as an example, because we have a fair system in place. Bidding. If you want something, you bid for it.

Side Note: Seriously, Dalmatica? And Seveneyes? You really want two worthless pieces for RDM (outside of the Refresh Effect from moving around, but then again, get yourself a Morri)? Come on now, you can do better than that.
[+]
 Asura.Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-10-23 00:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

osode owns for rng

fstr 2 go

dalmy only good for af2 hat rdm, any other rdm lotting it is greedy lootwhore
prolly the only item id spend all my 1k points on if i had too :D

seveneyes is just plain ***lol
 Bismarck.Fleather
By Bismarck.Fleather 2009-10-23 01:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wrong Korpg, If someone came always to events as war and the other always came blm and the blm worked harder than the war did, he should get haidate for his war before the war gets for his. Its how linkshells should work. Hard work = First for Drops. If your linkshell doesn't function like this, you are corrupt and need some change.

While i agree on the above more than other. I do as well believe that if someone NEVER uses thier war its a totally different story. They should not be lotting(its up to them still tho if they worked harder than other player) first for this item, its more of a moral thing than a linkshell choice, id think they were greedy, but i wouldn't stop them.
 Bismarck.Fleather
By Bismarck.Fleather 2009-10-23 01:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

And yes, i want dalmy because i dont want to do salvage and pay 13-14m for something, im not trying to be the best rdm ever, im trying to just get a refresh body to go w/ af2 hat. And a.body is free, cursed is 1.2m on my server.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2009-10-23 03:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
a blm getting Morrigan if they don't use it for something significant such as endgame is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE

augmented weskit > morrigan's and it's like 50k to get it vs 11m. If I didn't already have morrigan's I'd do wesket but I don't want to eat the money I spent.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-23 06:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Slamm said:
seveneyes is just plain ***lol

Conserve MP for spells like Haste, Refresh, etc, which are not affected anyway by any of the elemental staves, is quite nice. It's essentially a bonus in a slot that would otherwise have no effect on your spellcasting.

But other than that, and the fact it looks cool, yeah, it is pretty ***, lol.
 Asura.Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-10-23 07:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Antonioklaus said:
Quote:
a blm getting Morrigan if they don't use it for something significant such as endgame is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE

augmented weskit > morrigan's and it's like 50k to get it vs 11m. If I didn't already have morrigan's I'd do wesket but I don't want to eat the money I spent.

yeh i agree, augmented weskit is the ***now.
Fleather said:
If your linkshell doesn't function like this, you are corrupt and need some change.

he already stated earlier it doesn't function like that.
One thing people always tell me they like about us is how we are about as far from corrupt as it gets lol. the officers in ls barely lot at all - we even have been spamming dynamis - xarcabard for months now and me and quite a few others haven't lotted a thing from it in like 6 months, just going to help rest of ls.

Fleather said:
Hard work = First for Drops

i agree, lazy people should just not lot altogether and go play another game

but at the same time someone who doesn't use a job for anything except stuff like xp, campaign etc still should not lot above those who do (lazy *** excluded)
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-23 07:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Slamm said:
but at the same time someone who doesn't use a job for anything except stuff like xp, campaign etc still should not lot above those who do (lazy *** excluded)

But why not? If you have a points system where somebody who works harder has more points, I don't see the logic, or the grounds, on which to tell them what they can or cannot lot based on your judgement. It's their points that they worked hard to get, so they should be able to spend it on whatever they want. It's down to them whether they want to waste it on items that they won't get mcuh use out of.

When people come up to me in my Dynamis shell and say something like "Oh he never plays BLM", I tell them, "Come to more runs then", whilst privately being disappointed at the person lotting.
 Asura.Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-10-23 07:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Slamm said:

But why not? If you have a points system where somebody who works harder has more points, I don't see the logic, or the grounds, on which to tell them what they can or cannot lot based on your judgement. It's their points that they worked hard to get, so they should be able to spend it on whatever they want. It's down to them whether they want to waste it on items that they won't get mcuh use out of.

When people come up to me in my Dynamis shell and say something like "Oh he never plays BLM", I tell them, "Come to more runs then", whilst privately being disappointed at the person lotting.

i agree, i'm not suggesting that people be disallowed to lot because of it because at the end of the day you can't bend the rules for people.

all im saying is if people still choose to lot and feel ok with it then they are greedy *** who don't see the big picture.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-23 07:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Slamm said:
all im saying is if people still choose to lot and feel ok with it then they are greedy *** who don't see the big picture.

We finally agree. :)
 Asura.Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-10-23 08:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Slamm said:

seems so lol
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-23 08:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Slamm said:
Wooooodum said:
Slamm said:

seems so lol

yep
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2009-10-23 12:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***the drama ended?

We still won't see any augmented Manteels, but good to see people finally stopped being persistent ***.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-23 12:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Vincentius said:
Holy ***the drama ended?

We still won't see any augmented Manteels, but good to see people finally stopped being persistent ***.

k, but you are still here.

Explain that.
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2009-10-23 12:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Just thought I'd re-light the fire, out of sheer amusement. It's unusual to see you not beating your head against everything anyone else might say, so please. Get back to your regularly scheduled idiocy.

Besides, this thread died on page 1. No point in not making it entertaining, amirite?
 Bismarck.Fleather
By Bismarck.Fleather 2009-10-23 23:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

lol at least it was somewhat fun while it lasted, Im always up for a heated debate lol