The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 238 239 240
 Asura.Botosi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-03-02 14:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a pretty unstable schedule so having a perma is pretty hard for me (I tried, but my hours are just too up in the air).

Doing the segment farming in pick up groups has been pretty miserable. For every 1 good group you join, there's 9 groups where you barely get 3-4k segments. This event requires coordination and fast moving players.

I've had PLDs who are too scared to pull more than 1-2 mobs and then I've had PLDs who pull 2-3 sets of mobs at once. This event DRASTICALLY shows the differences in skill level among players.

I don't see myself doing this for too much longer. The only gear I see worth RP'ing is Sakpata's and it's way too much of a chore to do.

I'd almost rather just key on my THF (x4 chars) and make a buttload of gil and work on my RMEA collection.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-03-02 14:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It's time for the ultimate alliance-level content

Atonement 4 (with the necessary reskin, of course)

I can imagine the requirements being that every member of the Alliance must relinquish their "information on..." Key item for every Gaol NM in order to fight it. That should upset the last two people who aren't already mad at this content
[+]
By Taint 2021-03-02 14:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
Taint said: »
I updated BGwiki with the weaknesses. I can add more info as confirmed or as needed, just let me know.

I actually don't think Kalunga is proced exclusively by multi step SC. We were doing 2step and it was procing.

Procing Blue?
By eeternal 2021-03-02 15:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
I'm not denying it's a problem, but this will now force people to collaborate with people who have similar goals. Or you can sacrifice to help others. You can always convert unneeded RP to Segments, so you do get something back for it. Again, I don't see them changing a system that invalidates 85% of the NMs, they clearly put some thought behind them.

Problem with this thought process is that most people have zero desire to PuG it up because of the amount of dumb people out there who will just *** up your runs and hold you back. Getting back segments is great but if no one wants to kill the nm for the set you want to upgrade then how does this help them?

That is not my "thought process", lol. That's literally how they designed the system. The simple answer is, it doesn't help them. By the way, I mentioned I have the exact same dilemma with the Ninja Katana, which drops from the hardest A2 boss. Nobody plays NIN to begin with, and why would they waste 3000 segments x 30+ runs to kill a very hard non-PUG-friendly boss using an uncommon SC+MB strategy. They want you to do the specific NM to upgrade that piece of gear. I am not saying it was the right thing to do, I am just saying they have no reason to change that process that basically negates the need for all but 3 NMs.

A better system would have been to split up more of the gear among the tiers. People who need stuff from A2 are royally screwed, because there is only 1 item, but they are impossible to solo at V15. So unless you find someone who wants that exact item, you can never RP it unless you grind lower levels. They should have threw more than 1 item into A2, perhaps the weapons from A3, so that players would have a better chance of teaming up with someone who needed either of the weapons that NM allows you to RP off of. A1 is fine with 1 item, since you can solo V15 for all bosses. But A2 is really where it messes people up. There was no reason to give A1/A2 1 item to each boss, but A3 has 7-8 each. Logically, people would want to spend their segments there.
Since he is weak to thunder, Cloudsplitter R15 Farsha might viable, wish someone who have access to it can test
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-03-02 15:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I updated BGwiki with the weaknesses. I can add more info as confirmed or as needed, just let me know.

I actually don't think Kalunga is proced exclusively by multi step SC. We were doing 2step and it was procing.

Procing Blue?

Honestly I was doing Run and between fetters, lag-fest, and the boss I couldn't see much. All I know is that they were removing the fetters and I was seeing both Blue and Red procs appear.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-03-02 15:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
I have a pretty unstable schedule so having a perma is pretty hard for me (I tried, but my hours are just too up in the air).

Doing the segment farming in pick up groups has been pretty miserable. For every 1 good group you join, there's 9 groups where you barely get 3-4k segments. This event requires coordination and fast moving players.

I've had PLDs who are too scared to pull more than 1-2 mobs and then I've had PLDs who pull 2-3 sets of mobs at once. This event DRASTICALLY shows the differences in skill level among players.

I don't see myself doing this for too much longer. The only gear I see worth RP'ing is Sakpata's and it's way too much of a chore to do.

I'd almost rather just key on my THF (x4 chars) and make a buttload of gil and work on my RMEA collection.

I've been forming as the Run because I don't trust /yell tanks mostly.

Recently I was informed that: DD, DD, DD, Brd, Cor, Healer also works.

We got 2.9k ish segments via /yell group on Ody C using such a method. I consider that excellent.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-02 16:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Having a couple people who understand Odyssey mechanics helps out a lot. Random players aren't going to know how to adapt to the nuances of the event if they are doing it for the first time. Or only in shout groups. And having to explain things doesn't necessarily always translate well. Just keep trying to improve your segments number every run. I try to track them every fight so that I know where we might be able to adjust for the next run. Also keep in mind, you don't always have to do Sheol C. You may even get higher segs in B, depending on how you clear floors.

IDK, maybe I'm in the minority here. But I grinded so much of Odyssey across all zones solo, I am so glad I don't have to ever do that again. So I find the runs quite refreshing TBH.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-03-02 16:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK, maybe I'm in the minority here. But I grinded so much of Odyssey across all zones solo, I am so glad I don't have to ever do that again. So I find the runs quite refreshing TBH.

I'm literally the opposite.

I found that quadboxing it with 2 other randoms was slowing the party down because I was trying to do too much so I've been going with 2 chars at a time and 4 randoms. On avg it pulls around 4k segments per run with a shout group.

I was thinking of just quadboxing B with 2 trusts. I can pull around 3k segments that way, but I wouldnt have to do 2x runs to cover the 4 characters. Net loss, but 1/2 the work and don't have to deal with randoms.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-02 16:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Procing Blue?

Honestly I was doing Run and between fetters, lag-fest, and the boss I couldn't see much. All I know is that they were removing the fetters and I was seeing both Blue and Red procs appear.
The fetters disappear on their own without any input; the procs keep them from popping, not make them disappear.

If you weren't paying attention, your party might have done a 3-step SC (whether on purpose or on accident) without you noticing.
By Guyford 2021-03-02 19:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

eeternal said: »
endxen said: »
I'm not denying it's a problem, but this will now force people to collaborate with people who have similar goals. Or you can sacrifice to help others. You can always convert unneeded RP to Segments, so you do get something back for it. Again, I don't see them changing a system that invalidates 85% of the NMs, they clearly put some thought behind them.

Problem with this thought process is that most people have zero desire to PuG it up because of the amount of dumb people out there who will just *** up your runs and hold you back. Getting back segments is great but if no one wants to kill the nm for the set you want to upgrade then how does this help them?

That is not my "thought process", lol. That's literally how they designed the system. The simple answer is, it doesn't help them. By the way, I mentioned I have the exact same dilemma with the Ninja Katana, which drops from the hardest A2 boss. Nobody plays NIN to begin with, and why would they waste 3000 segments x 30+ runs to kill a very hard non-PUG-friendly boss using an uncommon SC+MB strategy. They want you to do the specific NM to upgrade that piece of gear. I am not saying it was the right thing to do, I am just saying they have no reason to change that process that basically negates the need for all but 3 NMs.

A better system would have been to split up more of the gear among the tiers. People who need stuff from A2 are royally screwed, because there is only 1 item, but they are impossible to solo at V15. So unless you find someone who wants that exact item, you can never RP it unless you grind lower levels. They should have threw more than 1 item into A2, perhaps the weapons from A3, so that players would have a better chance of teaming up with someone who needed either of the weapons that NM allows you to RP off of. A1 is fine with 1 item, since you can solo V15 for all bosses. But A2 is really where it messes people up. There was no reason to give A1/A2 1 item to each boss, but A3 has 7-8 each. Logically, people would want to spend their segments there.
Since he is weak to thunder, Cloudsplitter R15 Farsha might viable, wish someone who have access to it can test
Meleeing the craklaw on higher difficulties is impractical as it basically requires EA/scherzo to not get wrecked by sundering snip, and it does a lot of dispel. If you just want to unlock the katana its not too hard of a fight on rdm. If you want to actually get real rp for the katana or even clears to pop higher tier t3s you're gonna have to use a MB strategy.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-02 20:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Since it's still a topic, I'm still really curious why you want to rp the katana in the first place.

I understand the purpose of the katana, but can't see the point in the augment. Yes, more deeps is more deeps, obviously. Is that the whole reason? I'm going to use it, so I want the best version of it... even if it means wasting 3 months for 10 dps.

I mean surely, it must be of much lower priority and therefor pointless. Really.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-02 21:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
I'm literally the opposite.

I found that quadboxing it with 2 other randoms was slowing the party down because I was trying to do too much so I've been going with 2 chars at a time and 4 randoms. On avg it pulls around 4k segments per run with a shout group.

Because segment farms aren't designed for multiboxers. You need 6 real players all performing well to see the best results. That just sounds like a lot of stress trying to do too much at once. It's a fast paced event, don't think you'll have the greatest results if you try it that way. Plus people who join will also suffer since they aren't getting the best group due to multiboxers.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-02 22:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I understand the purpose of the katana, but can't see the point in the augment. Yes, more deeps is more deeps, obviously
 Sylph.Excalin
Server: Sylph
user: Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2021-03-03 00:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Overdrive on Lion (lv0) and Tree (lv0) today just to get our initial gear unlocks with Pup, Cor (+7 Neck), Geo (+7 Neck), Mythic Summoner, Rdm and Pld.

Lion I went with a Valor/Sharpshooter build, Tree I went with my Valor/Valor Bruiser non-SC build that I used on Lilith/Cait Sith.

Lion: I took some damage on auto towards the end, using Magic reduction attachments maybe could have reduced it a bit, only 46.5% MDT from gear/Frame...used one oil to keep my auto stable.

Tree: I don't think we ever saw Timber, used other 1 hr at 50%ish for science...but can't science with no Timber.

Pld tried using shining one on Lion, not sure how effective they were. Not sure how effective RDM was other than healing Pld in Lion Fight. Pld stood as backup if tree killed auto.

SMN tried to AC with little benefit on Tree. Did good BPs otherwise with proper damage type BP. Geo did Bolster Fraility and Cor did Bst/Companions roll for pup.

Honestly probably not very helpful...I put my auto on target and ran half way down the stairs where I couldn't see what was going on lol...
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-03-03 06:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
We’ve also got a new boss in Odyssey, complete with a new line of equipment to obtain. This boss is the pinnacle of Odyssey difficulty, so of course we made rewards that match the challenge. There are also four different augment routes, so you can customize the pieces to suit your needs.

From the "Announcing the March Version Update" page that is not yet uploaded to FFXIAH homepage.
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2021-03-03 06:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

"We’ve also got a new boss in Odyssey, complete with a new line of equipment to obtain. This boss is the pinnacle of Odyssey difficulty, so of course we made rewards that match the challenge. There are also four different augment routes, so you can customize the pieces to suit your needs."
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/57903

I am guessing the new armor must be all-jobs, and the augment paths might make t more for DD, tank, support/mage or pet user.
I fear this might be alliance-level content though, and not soloable like the v0 tier 3, and possibly with some even more complicated proc mechanics?
By SimonSes 2021-03-03 08:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Massive Power Creep incoming and all this with 5+ sec delay lag. Good job SE!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-03 08:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

And now everyone will only kill the new boss and ignore the t3 mobs.

Rushing out the 4 before anyone even had a chance to get any points on the 3s.

Unless, indeed, you have to do a 3 cycle to pop a 4. That would be smart. It forces everyone to get rp they want instead of spamming one.
By SimonSes 2021-03-03 08:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Codegen said: »
I fear this might be alliance-level content though

I highly doubt this will be alliance content. This event seems to be prepared with intention to max 6 players or fill the gap with MMed trusts. Also imagine the lag with 18 ppl there. Probably even JP players would feel that XD
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-03-03 08:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
And now everyone will only kill the new boss and ignore the t3 mobs.

Rushing out the 4 before anyone even had a chance to get any points on the 3s.

Unless, indeed, you have to do a 3 cycle to pop a 4. That would be smart. It forces everyone to get rp they want instead of spamming one.

Would be smart indeed. Though, it would also be a bummer if it 'consumed' all of your information and you had to start the entire ladder climb over again. They wouldn't do that...or would they?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-03 09:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It could consume the t3 info without making you redo t1+t2
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-03 10:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Give me Purple and Crystal reskin Provenance Watcher Atonement 4 boss
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-03 10:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

can anyone provide a quick overview of their party setup for t2's on venge10+?

Thank you!
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-03-03 10:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It's going to be some Adoulin themed mob. Veng1/2/3 all Adoulin mobs.
So something from Vagary or Sajj'aka.
By eliroo 2021-03-03 10:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Some buffed up Palloritus that just spams Cruel Joke if you have any BLUs in the party.
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-03-03 11:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

probably hades, sheol is hell after all.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-03 11:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Crimson colored Putraxia.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-03 11:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

Thank you!

Henwen - Tank, Blunt damage as DD (Clubs, H2h) like MNK, PUP, DRK, WAR, support. Easy. I was able to duo +10 with a pld friend using only trusts for support. +15 Was done with DRK+MNK Judgement + Victory Smite spam, BRD PLD WHM COR, but you can probably drop WHM for Ygnas since healing is minimal if Tank keeps hate

Gigelorum - Same as Henwen. We used Ygnas to help heal Debilitating Spout, but its a blunt DD fight.

Aristaeus - Tank, Slashing damage as DD, healing, support. We used GEO for Barrier + Fury, DRK, PLD, WHM, BRD, COR I believe. It's just a simple fight, but he can buff his attack pretty high with Nature's Meditation, so having Indi-Barrier was helpful for the melee survival.

Procne - Tank, Piercing damage as DD (Polearm, daggers, Archery/Marksmanship). Did +15 with DRG, RDM (evis), PLD, BRD, COR, WHM. DNC steps probably makes it faster and better than RDM.

Marmorkrebs - MB setup. Nuke Thunder. PLD BLM SCH GEO RDM WHM.

Raskovniche - MB setup. Nuke wind. Same as Marmorkrebs
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-03 12:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

Thank you!

Henwen - Tank, Blunt damage as DD (Clubs, H2h) like MNK, PUP, DRK, WAR, support. Easy. I was able to duo +10 with a pld friend using only trusts for support. +15 Was done with DRK+MNK Judgement + Victory Smite spam, BRD PLD WHM COR, but you can probably drop WHM for Ygnas since healing is minimal if Tank keeps hate

Gigelorum - Same as Henwen. We used Ygnas to help heal Debilitating Spout, but its a blunt DD fight.

Aristaeus - Tank, Slashing damage as DD, healing, support. We used GEO for Barrier + Fury, DRK, PLD, WHM, BRD, COR I believe. It's just a simple fight, but he can buff his attack pretty high with Nature's Meditation, so having Indi-Barrier was helpful for the melee survival.

Procne - Tank, Piercing damage as DD (Polearm, daggers, Archery/Marksmanship). Did +15 with DRG, RDM (evis), PLD, BRD, COR, WHM. DNC steps probably makes it faster and better than RDM.

Marmorkrebs - MB setup. Nuke Thunder. PLD BLM SCH GEO RDM WHM.

Raskovniche - MB setup. Nuke wind. Same as Marmorkrebs

ty!
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-03-03 14:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Codegen said: »
"We’ve also got a new boss in Odyssey, complete with a new line of equipment to obtain. This boss is the pinnacle of Odyssey difficulty, so of course we made rewards that match the challenge. There are also four different augment routes, so you can customize the pieces to suit your needs."
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/57903

I am guessing the new armor must be all-jobs, and the augment paths might make t more for DD, tank, support/mage or pet user.
I fear this might be alliance-level content though, and not soloable like the v0 tier 3, and possibly with some even more complicated proc mechanics?

Alliance level content 18 different jobs if they force that same mechanic in it. Laughable idea. Also they need to address the lag before introducing more crap to this content. V15 is already hard enough on the t3s with moderate lag and nigh impossible with the 6second plus lag others have reported.
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 238 239 240