First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 238 239 240

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-02 11:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, unnecessary drama. Was just trying to help someone out, don't take it there please.
By Taint 2021-03-02 11:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I updated BGwiki with the weaknesses. I can add more info as confirmed or as needed, just let me know.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Hya
Server: Asura
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-03-02 11:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thoughts on what could be in this month's "updates to Odyssey"? I joked last night that it would just be "adjusted drop rates of lustreless items", Aside from the obvious needed fixes, what do you want? Will this month introduce some sort of Atonement 4 NM(though delve didn't have anything beyond the Naaakual mobs iirc?)? Maybe allowing lustreless to be traded for RP on equipment, and changing their segment cost at the moogle?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-02 12:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It's time for the ultimate alliance-level content

Atonement 4 (with the necessary reskin, of course)

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-03-02 12:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

New twilight scythe and cloak would be cool
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-02 13:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
I could see Sajj'aka for this but Shinryu doesn't fit the content since all the nm's are re-skinned SoA era nm's.
That's Provenance Watcher, not Sajj'aka.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-03-02 13:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
I updated BGwiki with the weaknesses. I can add more info as confirmed or as needed, just let me know.

I actually don't think Kalunga is proced exclusively by multi step SC. We were doing 2step and it was procing.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-03-02 13:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Atonement 3 doesn't seem to have much finality to it. I reckon Tier 4 is on the way with the likes of Rancibus, Palloritus, & Putraxia. If they do a tier 5, throw Perfidien & Plouton in there. That makes the most sense to me. Though, what gear they would add to the higher tiers, I'm not sure. Seems like they blew their money shot on Tier 3.

While they haven't even acknowledged it's a problem, my sincerest hope is that they ninja fix the lag for NA and pretend it never existed in the first place. I'd just be fine with that, just so long as it's fixed. The hardest mechanic in some of these fights is half of your party overcoming a 3-6second delay on every action.

Third on my wishlist is change how items are augmented or how RP is gained. Even with a static that goes RP farming every day, getting even one piece of armor fully augmented is a huge undertaking. Not too mention that while you spend all that time doing your Sakpata augments, there are probably several party members who are getting zero benefit from mass Kalunga farm. Something needs to give in this portion. Pool all Atonement 3 RP. Let people to farm the easiest one that their setup allows for and everybody can augment their separate sets at the same time in harmony.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-02 13:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nuance said: »
New twilight scythe and cloak would be cool

Yeah but they basically ruined the original Twilight Scythe, so I doubt they would bring it back with it's original non-elemental format.

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
While they haven't even acknowledged it's a problem

They set up a form and at least moved a few bug posts about the lag to accepted. Whether that translates into actual work to address the issue is another story. They never did acknowledge they WOULD fix it, though. So that's not good.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-02 13:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont even think they'll do this. JP have already R20'd some of the Atonement 3 gear, SE probably won't even see the RP thing as a real problem. If they pool it that way, people will only spam one NM per tier (whichever is the easiest one), effectively defeating the need to have so many in the first place.

Yeah I couldn't remember the name of it lol. I remember Sajj'aka is SoA and it fits the era/pattern.

They can put random things together for whatever reason they feel. They made Odyssey Sheol A-C all about UNM gear, then switched to a delve theme. they could easily shift once again if they wanted to.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-02 13:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not denying it's a problem, but this will now force people to collaborate with people who have similar goals. Or you can sacrifice to help others. You can always convert unneeded RP to Segments, so you do get something back for it. Again, I don't see them changing a system that invalidates 85% of the NMs, they clearly put some thought behind them.
By eliroo 2021-03-02 13:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The worst part about the RP system is forcing you to fight the boss that drops the gear. I can't rationalize why they would think that is a good idea, you already have to kill the other bosses at higher difficulty to unlock the RP levels. Attonements should build up RP collectively.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-03-02 13:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I think most are fine with spamming the easiest one. Problem with the current system is it will exclude people for "team play" because not everyone wants to upgrade the Sakpata set.

^ This.

I have been noticing most people opting out of farming V levels, or base NMS, and in favor of waiting until someone out can bring them into the fights.

I don't mind helping people, but the V-level grinds solo kinda suck.

I think a better system would be to require at least clearing all of the "previous tier", at least at the base level, in order to unlock RPing for the next tier.

Post deleted by User.
By eliroo 2021-03-02 13:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If I'm farming segments with my static, what do I gain from converting RP into segments when I have no use for segments above what my static can use. If I'm pugging what do I gain from even doing the boss to get RP to then convert it into the segments I just spent.

You should just to have to kill Mboze at R15 to get the R15 augments then RP it anywhere.

If someone needs R15 Mboze in a year, I'm sure there will be a merc for it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-02 13:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I'm not denying it's a problem, but this will now force people to collaborate with people who have similar goals. Or you can sacrifice to help others. You can always convert unneeded RP to Segments, so you do get something back for it. Again, I don't see them changing a system that invalidates 85% of the NMs, they clearly put some thought behind them.

Problem with this thought process is that most people have zero desire to PuG it up because of the amount of dumb people out there who will just *** up your runs and hold you back. Getting back segments is great but if no one wants to kill the nm for the set you want to upgrade then how does this help them?

That is not my "thought process", lol. That's literally how they designed the system. The simple answer is, it doesn't help them. By the way, I mentioned I have the exact same dilemma with the Ninja Katana, which drops from the hardest A2 boss. Nobody plays NIN to begin with, and why would they waste 3000 segments x 30+ runs to kill a very hard non-PUG-friendly boss using an uncommon SC+MB strategy. They want you to do the specific NM to upgrade that piece of gear. I am not saying it was the right thing to do, I am just saying they have no reason to change that process that basically negates the need for all but 3 NMs.

A better system would have been to split up more of the gear among the tiers. People who need stuff from A2 are royally screwed, because there is only 1 item, but they are impossible to solo at V15. So unless you find someone who wants that exact item, you can never RP it unless you grind lower levels. They should have threw more than 1 item into A2, perhaps the weapons from A3, so that players would have a better chance of teaming up with someone who needed either of the weapons that NM allows you to RP off of. A1 is fine with 1 item, since you can solo V15 for all bosses. But A2 is really where it messes people up. There was no reason to give A1/A2 1 item to each boss, but A3 has 7-8 each. Logically, people would want to spend their segments there.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-02 13:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the optimal way to keep you doing it as long as possible.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-02 13:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

No one I know is doing the 3 nm's in a run. It makes zero sense to *** block your best set ups for mediocrity on the other two. Kill one, warp out and repeat until you have to farm segments again.

I didn't mention doing 3 NMs in one run. I don't follow? Or were you just making a comment about that.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-02 14:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

They have no motivation to farm the segments daily

18-20M+ extra/month is not a bad investment for 30minutes/day or 1hr/2 days. That's close to ambuscade numbers for a fraction of the time. (yes some people aren't motivated by gil)
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 238 239 240