users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 96 97 98 ... 238 239 240

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Taint 2021-03-03 18:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

He will only be available after killing 2 other T3s without zoning.

(Speculation but there has got to be some reason foe the 3 mob, can’t repeat jobs system.)
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-03 18:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

the only thing I'm going to look forward to inside of Sheol: Gaol for the forseeable future is some more badass reskins. Already been quite impressed with Atonement 3, just wish SE would address the obvious (to us) issues- we actually want to do this content, SE, and do it like you intended....isn't that the kind of news that game devs would love to hear?

And I sincerely hope for a blood crimson hades/pallitorus/putraxia model.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-03 18:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

(Speculation but there has got to be some reason foe the 3 mob, can’t repeat jobs system.)

***. you're right.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-03 18:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

This, this is where it's at. I can almost 100% guarantee it's not, but I like it so much better than what they will do. Imagine all that anger from 30 pages back speculating jobs for 3 kills, but having the 3rd fight actually matter. Glorious.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2021-03-03 20:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

This, this is where it's at. I can almost 100% guarantee it's not, but I like it so much better than what they will do. Imagine all that anger from 30 pages back speculating jobs for 3 kills, but having the 3rd fight actually matter. Glorious.
endxen said: »
It would just eliminate 80% of the player base from being able to complete it. Doubt they would do that. Just a new nm with gear that costs 10M each piece.

As far as guesses for fun this doesn't sound that unreasonable because I think SE is trying to give people more reasons to pick up and master more jobs.

The requirement of no repeated job is basically spelling out that intent.

And even the tier 3 gear seems to be designed in part to lower the entry level barrier to picking up a new job and just start playing it. Mpaca pieces might be swap/situational to a really well geared monk, but they are great for someone that has zero gear for them and just wants to start playing that job. Same for Gleti and dagger for trying out say thf and dnc, and then if people like them they'll start to want to pick up JSE etc to improve more specific aspects of that job.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-03-03 22:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
It would just eliminate 80% of the player base from being able to complete it. Doubt they would do that.

They've already eliminated 80% of the playerbase from being able to rank up the current atonement 3 sets to 20 because you can only get rank points from the nm you're currently fighting, but higher vengeances require a full party. If you have six people in a group, and two of them want to level up sekpata's, two want to level up gleti's, one wants to level up Mpaca's, and one wants to level up Ikenga's.. well guess what... that's not gonna fly. It takes 34 runs at vengence 15 to rank a single piece. That's 816 runs to max all 4 of those sets with flawless execution. The scope of that task is beyond anything a reasonable person will put up with before massive burnout sets in.

What's going to happen is real life will get in the way. Person A will get pissed because the group is focusing on doing person B and C's NMs and they aren't getting any rank progression. Or a given group will have 3 or 4 people who want to level a specific set (most likely sekpata's) and because "majority rules" the people in the minority will get shafted and leave.

Sure you could argue "just get together a group who wants to all do the same nm", but let's be realistic... is that ever gonna happen in a static? You'd be looking at a pickup, and that presents its own problems. "Do you have XYZ job with this specific REMA rank 15 and this gear?" NO? Well then too bad I don't want you in my PUG. And that doesn't even account for the higher amount of PUG groups that are going to wipe because pugs are less organized and less geared on average. Oh yeah, and there's also the lag issue.

The current system is total *** for group cohesion. People are happy and content right now farming segments together and unlocking the base gear purchases, but once people start trying to rank these sets up ***'s gonna hit the fan really quick.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-03-06 13:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Mboze video is now out going over solo and party strategies and examples. Hope this helps some who haven't tried yet or have been having problems.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-06 15:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I think we still dont know what type of attack is Tiiimbeeer, have anyone tried using Pyric Bulwark?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-03-06 15:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Since I think we still dont know what type of attack is Tiiimbeeer, have anyone tried using Pyric Bulwark?
Isn't Pyric Bulwark simply just a plain Physical Shield? I seriously doubt it will make a difference. Perfect Defense would be a better test.
By SimonSes 2021-03-06 15:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
SimonSes said: »
Isn't Pyric Bulwark simply just a plain Physical Shield (with a short duration to boot)? I seriously doubt it will make a difference. Perfect Defense would be a better test.

It completely nullifies one physical attack and duration is very long actually (5min).
By RadialArcana 2021-03-06 18:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It would just eliminate 80% of the player base from being able to complete it. Doubt they would do that. Just a new nm with gear that costs 10M each piece.

The better the gear is, the less people are supposed to have it.

This is how every MMORPG works.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-03-07 00:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

After I kill all the NQ / Base T3s, can I pop them on V lvls?
By zixxer 2021-03-07 01:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »

You have to have all of T1 and T2 V5 cleared to do over V0 on T3 if you're the leader.

Someone else can take you in that has V levels on T3, and you can keep the rp you earn but you cannot pop it yourself until the prerequisites for T1 and T2 is satisfied.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-03-07 12:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

zixxer said: »

You have to have all of T1 and T2 V5 cleared to do over V0 on T3 if you're the leader.

Someone else can take you in that has V levels on T3, and you can keep the rp you earn but you cannot pop it yourself until the prerequisites for T1 and T2 is satisfied.

I see, ty.

So after getting V0 on T3 unlocked, I can then start farming / increasing their levels via repeated kills?

Also if I get T1 to V15. I believe T2 gets auto-leveled to V10. Would T3 be auto-leveled to V5?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-07 13:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no auto level. Even if you get all T1 to V15, then T2 is still at V0 until you start getting clears on them.

In order to pop a specific version of an NM, every NM in every previous tier must have been cleared at that level or higher, AND you must have cleared that NM at (Target Level - 5) or higher.

After that, you start at V0 again for that NM.

Assuming you are popping all the NMs yourself, to get access to a specific T3 V15, you need:

T1 at V0 > V5 > V10 > V15
Repeat 3 more times

T2 at V0 > V5 > V10 > V15
Repeat 5 more times

T3 at V0 > V5 > V10

That's 129,000 segments assuming no losses.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-03-07 13:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
There is no auto level. Even if you get all T1 to V15, then T2 is still at V0 until you start getting clears on them.

In order to pop a specific version of an NM, every NM in every previous tier must have been cleared at that level or higher, AND you must have cleared that NM at (Target Level - 5) or higher.

After that, you start at V0 again for that NM.

Assuming you are popping all the NMs yourself, to get access to a specific T3 V15, you need:

T1 at V0 > V5 > V10 > V15
Repeat 3 more times

T2 at V0 > V5 > V10 > V15
Repeat 5 more times

T3 at V0 > V5 > V10

That's 129,000 segments assuming no losses.

Tyvm, the BGwiki seems to suggest the auto-level. Hence my confusion.

Why would you repeat a T1-2 fight again after getting it to V15?

Does it reset to V0 after you unlock V15?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-07 13:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to repeat for the other NMs in that tier, not the same NM.
[+]
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2021-03-07 14:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I just had a thought, for proc on shark that requires quick near simultaneous ws not making a skillchain, I wonder if trusts that have normal attacks that register as ws in game count for this, like Arciela and Balamor.
By drakefs 2021-03-07 14:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

As I understand it, to unlock T2 V15 you will need to have all T1 NMs at V15. To unlock T3 V15, you need to have all T2 NMs at V15.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-03-07 14:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
You have to repeat for the other NMs in that tier, not the same NM.
drakefs said: »

As I understand it, to unlock T2 V15 you will need to have all T1 NMs at V15. To unlock T3 V15, you need to have all T2 NMs at V15.

Ah, ty.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-08 03:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

How come for the Odyssey augs we managed to datamine Augments up to Rank30 for the new Atonement3 equipment, but only managed to mine up to R20 on Atonement1 and 2 gear?

I remember the initial datamine showed a third line of augmentation, but then it was removed from the dataminers for whatever reason.

Would love more insight on that and, potentially, to see if we can restore that "lost" third line.
By SimonSes 2021-03-08 04:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
How come for the Odyssey augs we managed to datamine Augments up to Rank30 for the new Atonement3 equipment, but only managed to mine up to R20 on Atonement1 and 2 gear?

I remember the initial datamine showed a third line of augmentation, but then it was removed from the dataminers for whatever reason.

Would love more insight on that and, potentially, to see if we can restore that "lost" third line.

Those augments were never connected to items in Atonement 1 and 2. Also currently in game afaik there is no way to augment Atonement3 equip past r20 too, so I dont even use those datamined r30 values in any calculation Im doing, because they might never unlock ranks past 20.
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-03-08 18:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Episode 15 is out covering Segment Farming. Ruaumoko was nice enough to drop in and share his expert strategies as well!
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Nhifirst 2021-03-08 18:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have experience with having automaton tank Mboze on V5?

We tried a damage distribution strategy and it worked until Timber. Somehow the pets took 0 damage and the GEO mentioned that their luopon wasn't dematerialized.

edit: nevermind seen it a few pages back that someone else had their automaton die
By Torzak 2021-03-08 23:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did a C farm run. The below typed logs are highly abbreviated - I'm only typing segments rcv'd and Chain #.

22:06:39 You receive 27 moogle segments for a total of 38475.
22:06:43 Limit Chain #6!
22:07:41 Limit Chain #7!
22:08:23 Limit Chain #8!
22:09:03 Limit Chain #9!
22:09:56 Limit Chain #10!
22:10:36 Limit Chain #11!
22:10:53 Now exiting Walk of Echoes [P2].

I immediately go and check the ??? and choose Mog Segment exchange list and I have 38,475 Segments. So for ~4mins or for 5 kills, it did not give me credit.
By zixxer 2021-03-09 00:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Codegen said: »
I just had a thought, for proc on shark that requires quick near simultaneous ws not making a skillchain, I wonder if trusts that have normal attacks that register as ws in game count for this, like Arciela and Balamor.

No point in bothering. A mnk kills Veng +15 in 2-3 mins... This fight is a joke.

Loxotic mace WAR wrecks Ngai also.
First Page 2 3 ... 96 97 98 ... 238 239 240