First Page 2 3 ... 230 231 232 ... 238 239 240
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-03 13:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Yeah I like the Tomahawk+Helix idea, I suspect that could work on all of them. I wouldn't be surprised if Rayke is unnecessary for that as well.
For Ongo?
Rayke not necessary at all for a Solo SCH doing SC+HelixMB.
At least nowhere near necessary on V20 but I suspect the same applies to V25
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-05-03 13:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

No for everything else, the stuff where you'd use Tomahawk. In that specific example it was mentioned that Rayke+Tomahawk was enough for a good helix on Kalunga, I suspect it's just Tomahawk making it work and no Rayke is needed. I could be wrong though.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-05-03 14:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
No for everything else, the stuff where you'd use Tomahawk. In that specific example it was mentioned that Rayke+Tomahawk was enough for a good helix on Kalunga, I suspect it's just Tomahawk making it work and no Rayke is needed. I could be wrong though.

They both do the same thing (that we care about) and stack.
By suuhja 2023-05-24 23:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Having spent considerable time doing Ongo v25 lately for alts and friends, I thought I'd do a writeup to help struggling groups and clear up some doom and gloom I've seen in previous writeups.

The strategy uses a single KI, and has won consistently with both MAB and MACC down auras -- even in the same run, even below 40%.

https://pastebin.com/1K7zhnLC
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-25 01:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bring me to an Ongo V25 kill run and I'll give you all my chest hair, for free!
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-05-26 23:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the mechanics around Tidal Guillotine with Ngai?

I've been at full health in full Nyame/DT with meva gear on + Mantra and it still instant KO me, I've seen it do the same thing to others. The wiki says it instantly KOs if it does more than 50% damage, but it's normally hitting for 100-300 or KOing players with full health in really defensive sets, it's happening regardless of aura and with no debuffs applied. It doesn't seem like it would be doing the 1500+ damage to reach that 50% threshold to instant KO.

Does it just have a random % to KO or is there something else going on? I tried to find a pattern in the trends when it KOs someone but there didn't really seem to be one.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-05-27 00:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually, if it kills you it doesn't show damage. But the general idea is that if the damage that it does brings you below 50%, it one hit KOs you.

Ways to mitigate:
Scherzo (not confirmed that it actually works afaik)
Water Carol II (40% chance to negate water damage)
Warder's Charm +1

Mantra is hard to maintain imo, Ngai constantly overwrites it with HP down. The most dangerous time is right after whm erases HP down.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [84 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-08-19 05:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any reason for bumba the strat suggests to use entrust malaise instead of entrust acumen. Bringing bumba's mdef down to 50 instead of 67 (tearing gust 30 + entrust malaise 3) should give better result from any math I've done on it.
Edit:My spread sheet had an error this makes malaise and acumen very close depending on what bumbas mdef is.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-08 09:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there any 2x KI Ongo v25 strats floating around perchance?
 Shiva.Myamoto
Server: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2023-09-08 10:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I have yet to try it, but I have thought about this a bit. I figure a PLD,BLU,RDM,NIN,PUP,SMN could knock 20% off in 15 minutes. PLD and BLU make scission. Blu does magic buffs like Bumba, RDM impact, debuffs, mb, heals. SMN throw out some lolsmnbuffs and get Titan in his undies doing some mb's, PUP blm set up for MB, scission would force earth nukes from automaton. NIN can hang back and nuke some sweet sweet ninjutsu stuff. PLD could use shattersoul every couple minutes if safe to do so perhaps but that may hinder sc's and slow things down more than its worth. That was my thought process anyhow, haven't personally tried it yet though. Currently half way through t2 V25's at the moment.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-09-08 10:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Myamoto said: »
I have yet to try it, but I have thought about this a bit. I figure a PLD,BLU,RDM,NIN,PUP,SMN could knock 20% off in 15 minutes. PLD and BLU make scission. Blu does magic buffs like Bumba, RDM impact, debuffs, mb, heals. SMN throw out some lolsmnbuffs and get Titan in his undies doing some mb's, PUP blm set up for MB, scission would force earth nukes from automaton. NIN can hang back and nuke some sweet sweet ninjutsu stuff. PLD could use shattersoul every couple minutes if safe to do so perhaps but that may hinder sc's and slow things down more than its worth. That was my thought process anyhow, haven't personally tried it yet though. Currently half way through t2 V25's at the moment.

How are the PLD and BLU going to get TP?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-09-08 10:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe you can Night Terror it down slowly, or could use BST+SMN to make SCs with RDM, NIN, BLU, SMN (with Apogee) magic bursting, but the SC are going to be slow and the MB will be VERY weak without support. Could probably get 5% without too much trouble, doubt you'd be getting 25% very much.

That said, you're making each attempt at the fight take (at least) twice as long, so you'll get far fewer reps in, and if you get bad auras on the second phone you just wasted 30 minutes. Wouldn't recommend a 2 phone setup for Ongo.
[+]
 Bismarck.Radec
Server: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2023-09-08 10:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

We did that strat with PLD RDM NIN BST BLU|DRG SMN

PLD Healing, blocks for TP
RDM Enspell, optionally Bursts
NIN Gotokai, Bursts
BST Gleti, Makora Meikogai, Leech for TP Reset and Killer Instinct
BLU Gleti, Chain affinity, Burst Affinity OR DRG Gleti, Jumps w/ TPBonus gear
SMN ignores MB entirely and alternates Night Terror(Rage), Somnolence(Ward) on cooldown

Depending on who's got TP, there's a lot of darkness or gravitation SCs available here

Wheeling > Hi = Gravitation
Stardiver,Hi,Requiescat,Bluemagic <level 3 dark> Ruinator,Chant,Expiacion,BlueMagic
(Aeonic AM)Stardiver <level 4 dark> Hi

SMN can stand back at ~10 and none of the spells will hit them, everyone else needs meva/dt/etc.

Typically got to 75% with about 3mins left on the timer, once the add pops you'll never dent regen so you can disengage, grav/bind and wait out the clock.

You can likely slot any gleti DD into the BLU|DRG slot, this is just what we had

Edit, Parse of one of the later fights

RDM 367172 (44%) (Enstone 258k avg 528/hit, 74k MBs (Stone V avg 4860, Stone IV avg 3240), 35k non-MB spells)
SMN 309051 (37%) (MBs 119k Night Terror avg 9875, Somnolence avg 510, Non-MBs 190k Night Terror avg 7875, Somnolence avg 336)
NIN 107050 (13%) (Doton MBs: San ~5000, Ni ~3700, Ichi ~3300)
BLU 41420 (5%) (Non-MB spells 28k, MBs 13.5k)
PLD 1701 (Enlight2)
SC-NIN 1050
SC-BLU 255
[+]
 Shiva.Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2023-09-08 11:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I forgot about the dmg type immunity on the t3s lol Ummm assuming piercing works? NIN could use dagger, and PLD could use Hepatizon Rapier(i think that technically counts as piercing?) Lots of options with sword > dagger for scission. So if that is the case, just swap blu out of sc for nin. Otherwise stays the same. I did say that I hadn't tried it haha, just theory crafting.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-08 11:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I have yet to try it, but I have thought about this a bit. I figure a PLD,BLU,RDM,NIN,PUP,SMN could knock 20% off in 15 minutes. PLD and BLU make scission.
I kinda wanted to use RDM on the second KI.
Also how are PLD and BLU going ot get TP?
If you mean BLU SCing with his job ability, that's once every 3 minutes. PLD maybe can get TP from shield procs I dunno, but good luck relying on that.
Also I'm afraid PUP's MB would be pretty meh even with BiS gear and honestly not many PUP with BiS nuke gear around there (mine is pretty close to BiS I dare say and on targets like Ongo it's still very bad).

I was more thinking about:
PLD, BRD, SAM, SMN, BLU, WHM? but maybe DNC instead of WHM and let the BLU and SMN help with healing?
SAM and to a certain extent DNC can make nice SCs without getting TP on the target.

Konzen > Rana = Darkness (can MB stone on that)
Jinpu > Shoha = Gravitation (can MB stone on that)

Every 3 minutes you can Sengikori to give 25% more MB damage to all spells hitting on that MB, and that should synergize well with Apogee double Titan BP and BLU magicbursting, I dunno, Entomb? Any other earth based BLU spell worth casting?
SAM every 3 mins gets also access to Meditate, which will give him TP for 2 WS (SC again) and then some leftover TP which can be used with Sekkanoki (5mins CD) for yet another SC.

DNC should also be able to Wild Flourish > Dancing/Exent/Pyrric for... Scission I think? Not sure if this would work honestly.

My idea in theory was to bring Ongo to 75% so the add pops, and then focus on the add (which doesn't have the zero slashing/piercing/blunt damage thing) and kill it before time runs out.
But they have way too much HP and in 15 mins you probably would have a hard time bringing Ongo to 75%, let alone kill the add...
 Shiva.Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2023-09-08 11:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah like I said above, forgot about damage type immunity lol. Umm but yeah if he is still susceptible to piercing. Hepatizon Rapier is a sword option, and there are plenty of dagger options for other jobs including nin.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-08 11:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

He's immune to any physical damage afaik, no matter if slashing, piercing or blunt.

(his adds are not afaik)
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-09-08 11:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

piercing works

No melee damage works on Ongo.

Asura.Sechs said: »
SAM every 3 mins gets also access to Meditate, which will give him TP for 2 WS (SC again)

Remember that you would need to use Hagakure for this or you probably wont be able to make SC in time otherwise.

Asura.Sechs said: »
DNC should also be able to Wild Flourish > Dancing/Exent/Pyrric for... Scission I think? Not sure if this would work honestly.

It would work, but you would have 0TP after WS, unless conserveTP would proc (might be good to actually use conserveTP gear). So you would need some Regain set, to get at least 40-80TP (40TP with Satan path C and +3 relic legs, 80TP with just feet). Then you need to use presto -> step -> Reverse flourish -> step (without presto, to avoid getting to 10/10 Daze too soon) -> Wild flourish -> Pyrrhic. Since both flourishes are in the same category, you would only be able to do it every 50 sec (assuming you could regain enough TP for step in 20 sec after using Wild Flourish)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-08 11:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You're forgetting No Foot Rise (3min cd). Gives 5 FM and 250 TP. FM which can be converted in additional TP every like 30 secs.

But the role of DNC in that scenario would be that of secondary SC maker to help SAM during the CDs.

It works in theory but the problem is that the SMN only bursting and the BLU every 3 mins... no way you gonna deal enough damage. Would need at least one more burster. I guess NIN in place of DNC maybe, with the right gear and standing behind to benefit from Innin's +30% damage could be cool? Eh... I dunno, I still think 2x KIs is not very viable for Ongo.
 Shiva.Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2023-09-08 12:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

In fairness, the goal isn't to clear. Simply knocking some HP off for the "A" team is the goal. If you go one KI and consistently seem to time out lets say around 10-15%... that's where the 2 KI's would help. Not every player is capable of what some others are within the same time frame of one KI. Even if it is only 10-15% on 1st KI, timing out with 10% left would be frustrating on a single KI approach.
RDM enspell seemed to add up a lot of damage in that other approach mentioned. PLD,RDM,NIN,BLU,SMN, and perhaps WAR for tomahawk? I am assuming that would adjust its resistance regardless for the duration of the effect. Could hold that to easily make scission when needed to proc or just cycle it as it resets to produce more sc's and burst windows. Lasts a 1:30, used every 3 minutes, could allow for sc's easily for a good chunk of the fight.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-09-08 12:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I had heard of a KI1 strat that involved NIN and RDM and SMN, but I have no idea how that would work without using cor for TP gain.
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-09-08 12:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

There's this video that shows the 2 KI setup.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-09-08 13:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I had heard of a KI1 strat that involved NIN and RDM and SMN, but I have no idea how that would work without using cor for TP gain.

We had a 2-KI Ongo where we used BLU, NIN, RDM, and SMN. We would make Darkness SC between the NIN and the BLU. IIRC, the NIN used Gokotai and as much DW gear as it could fit for idle to get TP quickly, and would otherwise spam Doton Ni/San in between bursts windows. BLU would ride Chain Affinity window, closing Blade:Hi with Quadratic Continuum, and could burst Entomb or Embalming Earth (using Burst Affinity, but both were pretty bad even in max set). You can also land Tearing Gust during aura (only), and if UL was not up, Acrid Stream or Enervation was used (again, only lands during aura). You can buff your Ninja friend with Diffusion+[Any MAB+ buff], for some minor bonus.

The Ninja couldn't be a scrub, though; we tried it several times, once with a thrown together NIN nuker and a top of the line NIN, and obviously it made a huge difference. Like a 15% difference in overall Ninja contribution, which got us a lot closer to our goal %. RDM rides enspell damage with Crocea Mors and max TA Temper II with Sroda Tathlum+Orpheus's Sash, and SMN can burst Night Terror when a SC window is open. Can use it on timer otherwise. The RDM can also, if it wants to be cute, try to land a max duration/potency Poison II. I forget how long it lasts, but a good one will knock off a decent chunk of idle health. As it turned out, our RDM on KI1 was also the RUN on KI2, so Stymie is useable to pair with Frazzle 3, because you won't use Odyllic Subterfuge at all on Ongo. Your job comp might not line up this way, but Stymie Frazzle makes a decent difference in damage from what I recall.

We tried using a DNC, but we found it to be practically useless for KI1, because Haste Samba directly clashes with Enspell from RDM, so it literally hurts the setup and adds nothing besides RF/RS for a free Darkness. I don't recall what, if anything, BST adds to the setup, so we didn't bother using it since nobody in our group had an elite pet MAB setup for it. Think we ended with: SMN WHM PLD BLU NIN RDM. WHM doesn't really do anything, it's a throwaway job for the most part.

I could be misremembering, but I think we took Ongo to between 79%-74% with this KI1 setup, since all damage pretty much stops the moment you get the add out (Regen stops it). But 75/80 is a great starting point for KI2.
[+]
 Bahamut.Skald
Server: Bahamut
user: Jimmyjazz
By Bahamut.Skald 2023-09-08 13:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM BLU NIN SMN BST PLD

PLD heals, BST Killer Instinct and Fatso spam.

NIN skillchains with Titan as often as possible.

Frazzle is tough to land and honestly not worth trying for without Stymie, I'm RDM>>BRD for the comp and I've landed it randomly with the 3 casts I hail mary at it before engaging but it's generally a no-go. BioIII and as mentioned above PoisonII, I don't bother wasting time with any other debuffs. With this approach enspells carry the majority of the damage with RDM finishing at ~40%, BLU not far behind focusing on doing BLU nuke things. RDM only bursting a single StoneV in the last second of window to avoid walling and losing swings, other than that enspelling away with Macc+Multi focused set. Without frazzle Sroda Tatlhum falls behind Ullr in my parses.

Our best was 72%, hitting 74 is consistent with plenty of time to spare.
[+]
By suuhja 2023-09-08 14:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I did an extensive writeup on the 1-KI Ongo strat earlier in the thread. With the right members it really only takes a few attempts to get the rhythm down and a high clear rate.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-09-08 15:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
BST Killer Instinct and Fatso spam.

Yeah I knew there was something we had contemplated using BST for. Ongo's TP moves were so harmless for our group, we didn't bother resetting it's TP.

Also, I recall Killer instinct bonus was only like 7.5%? I guess that effectively removes WHM from the comp since it indirectly adds DPS and lowers overall damage taken, so ideally, that's a more useful job than WHM. FF also doesn't feed any TP, so he's perfect to use.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-09-08 15:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
RDM only bursting a single StoneV in the last second of window to avoid walling

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can wall BP damage, Blue Magic, or Ninjutsu. In any case, we noticed RDM nuke damage was absolutely terrible on Ongo without buffs, so we didn't bother that after the first few attempts.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Server: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2023-09-08 16:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

FWIW, on my attempts, I noticed That Diabolos Night Terror did a bit more than Geocrush from Titan using the two KI method on Ongo. I also used a DNC in the lineup to make darkness and had a NIN focus on bursting
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-09-08 17:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Can a DNC use Karambit and get tp from crits that do 0?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-08 17:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Can a DNC use Karambit and get tp from crits that do 0?

It's storetp, not tp generaton.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 230 231 232 ... 238 239 240