Sylph.Jtmoney
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Jtmoney
By Sylph.Jtmoney 2023-04-20 15:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
One of his tp moves gives him a potent regen

Which move is that? I dont see anything on the main page about outside of the known regens when the pets come out.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2023-04-20 15:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

He will always regen to full upon a wipe, or from going idle from what i have seen. It's been this way since the beginning. Not sre if it's an actual tp move he does that give him regen, the devs intentionally made him function this way, or it's been bugged since release.
 Sylph.Jtmoney
By Sylph.Jtmoney 2023-04-20 15:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
He will always regen to full upon a wipe, or from going idle from what i have seen. It's been this way since the beginning. Not sre if it's an actual tp move he does that give him regen, the devs intentionally made him function this way, or it's been bugged since release.

Gotcha. So the only way to RP him is to basically stay alive the whole 15 minutes?
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2023-04-20 15:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jtmoney said: »

Gotcha. So the only way to RP him is to basically stay alive the whole 15 minutes?

Nah, if u get him down below 94% before wipe, or he goes idle, u good, even if he regens afterward.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-04-20 15:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You could not engage until 2 minutes left or whatever, too
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2023-04-20 15:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

He's probably the easiest to RP honestly, 1 form of any type of mew, a PLD or RUN who don't take much dmg (subtle blow melee sets optional) and either does nothing or WS after getting tp from tact roll. Can alternatively tact roll/chaos or Monk's roll if your mewer is n't a BST. COR Savage when u get 1000% with the COR is all that is necessary. Can throw in alternate WS to alleviate the 'wall' effect here and there if talking V25 RP. Everything else is gravy buff wise. You can pretty much get him to 94 as long as your sets are relatively current, easily.
 Sylph.Jtmoney
By Sylph.Jtmoney 2023-04-20 16:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

He's probably the easiest to RP honestly, 1 form of any type of mew, a PLD or RUN who don't take much dmg (subtle blow melee sets optional) and either does nothing or WS after getting tp from tact roll. Can alternatively tact roll/chaos or Monk's roll if your mewer is n't a BST. COR Savage when u get 1000% with the COR is all that is necessary. Can throw in alternate WS to alleviate the 'wall' effect here and there if talking V25 RP. Everything else is gravy buff wise. You can pretty much get him to 94 as long as your sets are relatively current, easily.

My dilemma is I 2 box a bard and would prefer to do this solo so its a straight zerg and hope I can do 5% before dying on my WAR. I can manage Kalunga V25 but V25 Mboze seems to be tough and kills me right around 95% every single time. I may have to find a group to do this with since trusts are next to worthless.
By Vaerix 2023-04-20 16:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

My dilemma is I 2 box a bard and would prefer to do this solo so its a straight zerg and hope I can do 5% before dying on my WAR. I can manage Kalunga V25 but V25 Mboze seems to be tough and kills me right around 95% every single time. I may have to find a group to do this with since trusts are next to worthless.

The entry level for a smn to mew effectively is pretty low. You need a 30s bp recast, also smn provides a good deal of buffs, so if you go war/smn your odds of getting 6% done safely and without fail go up exponentially vs playing mboze tp move roulette on a zerg.
 Sylph.Jtmoney
By Sylph.Jtmoney 2023-04-20 17:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »

The entry level for a smn to mew effectively is pretty low. You need a 30s bp recast, also smn provides a good deal of buffs, so if you go war/smn your odds of getting 6% done safely and without fail go up exponentially vs playing mboze tp move roulette on a zerg.

But you cant use sub jobs on Mboze so how would that work out exactly?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-04-20 17:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

war/smn meant war and smn 2box
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-04-20 17:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah this was the intent behind my RUN+SMN method, I wanted something that works consistently with only 2 players. (Even though I did end up taking a roll COR because we had one so why not)

Edit: We also had a backup plan of RUN+BST and try to get enough TP for Dimidiation>Ruinator and burst the Ooze before it murdered us. Not sure how well that would work. Worst case scenario you could start with leech (RD in lobby to reset Bestial) and spam TP drain while you build up TP, then swap to slug to perform the skillchain. Or do the Meditate trick in the lobby to enter with TP, but I think at least one of you needs SAM99 with the Meditate gear to do that and neither me nor my buddy have that.
By Vaerix 2023-04-20 18:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »

But you cant use sub jobs on Mboze so how would that work out exactly?

I was saying instead of going with war and bard, go with war and smn. You get enough buffs from smn you should be able to do 6% in 5 min with smn box just doing mew every 30s.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-04-21 02:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pardon for my naivety but it seems you're talking about Mboze's regen like it prevents credit for the RP.
Whereas from my experiences you need to bring the target to at least 94% to receive RP. Even if the targets regens to 100% it doesn't matter as long as you brought it to 94% (or lower).

Or am I missing something?
Something got changed? Because it happened to me a few times that a monster I had previously brought below the threshold somehow managed to regen above it, but I still got RP credit no problem once time was out.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Shaedhen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Shadowwww
By Ragnarok.Shaedhen 2023-04-21 03:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Grats on the win! That 3% loss had to hurt, that's always the worst.
Thanks ! It did hurt, but after struggling forever on Kalunga because of an absolute crazy streak of bad luck, we're kinda bulletproof to everything now (I guess it was payback for one-shotting it everytime before).

Anyway, some notes on our win in case that can help some. Strat and setup is nothing groundbreaking, pretty sure we used one that was posted here before, maybe with some twists to it.

1st KI : RUN BST SMN WHM SAM GEO
- SAM was doing all the damage, bringing Mboze to 75% to have the add pop (which usually occured with 1-2 mins left as we weren't trying to push further).
- SMN was only buffing/mewing, we didn't try to have it dps, so given the last few posts here, there could have been room for improvement there
- Dia II and silence were on fulltime, as well as Auspice and Boost-STR.
- Geo used bolster on this (he was BLU on second KI)
- We wanted to try having the BST use Ooze at 76% with 2 mins left on the clock, but we messed it up somehow and then we ended up winning on that fight anyway so we didn't try again (adios, tree - until RP time). Before that, we did 2 attempts where the SAM was doing distortion at the start of the fight and mb'ing ooze on that, which worked fine. We then wanted to try and push dmg as much as possible but we found SAM to be a bit squishy with the add on it for 7-8 mins, so we didn't keep on with that.

Geo entrusted in the lobby : fury, frailty, barrier, STR, attunement (which was really helpful on a few attempts where we got meva aura on 75%)

2nd KI : WAR BLU PLD RDM BRD COR
- WAR was using axe, COR and BRD were doing SB, BLU expi, PLD KOTR.
- We ran upstairs, buffed as fast as possible (RDM used chainspell there). I think songs were HM and 4 minuets, rolls were SAM and MNK. RDM did shell, haste II, refresh on relevant ppl, then phalanx and regen on everyone after pull
- WAR pulled, RDM sabo + silence and then proceed with debuffing. Dia and Para (apparently slow can land too), and tried to keep Impact up as much as possible (I don't have crep cloak so it was wearing off fast most of the time), then debuff add as much as possible.
- PLD hold add and was doing most of the curing
- BRD did sacrifice some DPS to debuff both adds and Mboze as much as possible too.
- BLU used diffusion mighty guard on initial buffs and then once again just before 2nd pop. We had the issue before where the BLU would get smashed by the 2nd add as soon as it popped, so we tried to have him well buffed (so MG, phalanx, regen and so on)
- Like I mentioned just before, when 2nd add popped, it was most of the time on the BLU so the plan was to have him move it a bit and then stymie sabo sleep it. On our winning run I slept it a bit too fast and it didn't really move. One of the DD WS'ed it after a few seconds by mistake and there was my Stymie wasted lol. Anyway, it then got moved a bit and slept again after a few tries. On previous runs I was usually saving Spontaneity for the 2nd sleep when the add woke up, but for that try I decided to not use it and keep it to be able to recast Impact on the last push
- Blu was of course doing all the TP denial stuff
- I think we got a V on WC.
- Then it was basically just finishing Mboze off while keeping all debuffs and buffs up.
- For this to work everyone need to bring a lot of remedies and some panacea aswell (because Mboze really likes to insta-cast Slowga either on pull or as soon as silence wears off...)
- And for the most important part : we won the lottery and had mab aura twice that run.

So ironically we won on a run where various mistakes were made (Stymie wasted, Ooze missed, we also were missing a roll for a bit), but we got lucky on the auras and reset.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-04-21 10:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Shaedhen said: »
We wanted to try having the BST use Ooze at 76%

What? Ooze is -10% max HP down. If you use it after you take NM to 90%, then it literally does nothing.

Lets say 100% HP NM has 5M max HP. If you Ooze it, it goes down to 4.5M max HP, which means it's current HP gets reduced to 4.5M also, but if you are at 76% and it has 3.8M/5M HP, then taking max HP to 4.5M does nothing. It's just at 3.8M/4.5M HP for a minute.

Ooze only has sense when you do it at start above 90%HP and the closer you are to 90% before you make it, the less effective it is.

We had the issue before where the BLU would get smashed by the 2nd add as soon as it popped, so we tried to have him well buffed (so MG, phalanx, regen and so on)

This is kinda strange. BLU with 50%DT and Cocoon should easily tank the add without a problem. Sounds like gear issue?

We had similar setup, but with WHM instead of RDM and RUN instead of PLD. RUN was doing quite a lot of damage.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Shaedhen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Shadowwww
By Ragnarok.Shaedhen 2023-04-24 03:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
We wanted to try having the BST use Ooze at 76%

What? Ooze is -10% max HP down. If you use it after you take NM to 90%, then it literally does nothing.

Lets say 100% HP NM has 5M max HP. If you Ooze it, it goes down to 4.5M max HP, which means it's current HP gets reduced to 4.5M also, but if you are at 76% and it has 3.8M/5M HP, then taking max HP to 4.5M does nothing. It's just at 3.8M/4.5M HP for a minute.

Ooze only has sense when you do it at start above 90%HP and the closer you are to 90% before you make it, the less effective it is.

Oh I see. Actually we weren't exactly sure how it worked. We thought maybe it was 10% from current HP so would've done around 7% if it landed. But at least now I know it's pointless to try that. Thanks for the explanation :)

About the blu thing, I think it was probably about being caught in midcast set or something like that, yeah.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-04-24 07:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

About the blu thing, I think it was probably about being caught in midcast set or something like that, yeah.

That would be still gear issue ;)

BLU should cast in Empy +2/3 legs/hands/body which are 32-35%DT and massive meva alone. Then Sakpata's Sword (macc/fastCast/refresh) and cape should cap PDT.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-04-24 08:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
One of his tp moves gives him a potent regen

Mboze is just bugged. He only regens to full health like that if you full wipe and he goes yellow. None of the other bosses will regen that fast even with both adds out, and that mechanic isn't supposed to be active in gaol, but for whatever reason Mboze still does it sometimes. I remember back at vengence 15 when there were NO adds he would still regen to 100% sometimes if you wiped. He's the only mob that does that in there and it's clearly a glitch. It's not possible it's from a TP move, because he would be healing to full health mid fight if it was.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-04-25 22:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yggdreants normally get regen from their auras
[+]
 Bahamut.Xeones
user: Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2023-05-01 23:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to do charged runs just me and a buddy.

Runs look like this

Starting with Ongo (and we'd like to do Mboze)

Highest we can spawn is v20

Me on bst with this set doing Purulent ooze

main={ name="Pangu", augments={'Path: C',}},
sub="Agwu's Axe",
ammo="Voluspa Tathlum",
head="Gleti's Mask",
body="Gleti's Cuirass",
hands="Gleti's Gauntlets",
legs="Gleti's Breeches",
feet="Gleti's Boots",
neck={ name="Bst. Collar +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist="Incarnation Sash",
left_ear="Kyrene's Earring",
right_ear="Enmerkar Earring",
left_ring="Tali'ah Ring",
right_ring="C. Palug Ring",
back={ name="Artio's Mantle", augments={'Pet: M.Acc.+20 Pet: M.Dmg.+20','Pet: Mag. Acc.+10','Pet: "Regen"+10','Pet: Damage taken -5%',}},

Him on PLD holding it

After scanning through here, i'm seeing people doing this off a water skillchain.

He has sch, and can go in and hold long enough to set me up, but is there another method to this? Do i need +3 empy gear first?

I also will be adding nukumi earing in my set , but ya
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-02 02:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Xeones said: »
After scanning through here, i'm seeing people doing this off a water skillchain.
For V20 Mboze you don't "need" a SC MB, altough that might be viable? I can't say, never tried myself.
Can tell you that 3x Unda Rayke is more than enough to 100% land Purulent Ooze with good gear on BST (BiS not necessary) for V20.

For V25 SC is necessary but I'm not sure if it's enough, maybe you need BOTH Rayke AND SC? Hopefully someone else will be able to clarify.

Quote:
Do i need +3 empy gear first?
My only reforged Empy piece on BST, atm, is Hands+2.
As long as you have good gear, you don't need BiS to land Purulent Ooze with 3x Unda Rayke on V20 Mboze.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-05-02 05:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
For V20 Mboze you don't "need" a SC MB, altough that might be viable? I can't say, never tried myself.
Can tell you that 3x Unda Rayke is more than enough to 100% land Purulent Ooze with good gear on BST (BiS not necessary) for V20.

For V25 SC is necessary but I'm not sure if it's enough, maybe you need BOTH Rayke AND SC? Hopefully someone else will be able to clarify.

Quote:
Do i need +3 empy gear first?
My only reforged Empy piece on BST, atm, is Hands+2.
As long as you have good gear, you don't need BiS to land Purulent Ooze with 3x Unda Rayke on V20 Mboze.

We were able to get P. Ooze to land on V25 Mboze with Rayke and a RDM doing Sabatour Stymie Frazzle III.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-02 05:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Supposing it wasn't just a coincidence and that it's reliable, then I personally find that combination more enticing than trying to MB Ooze on a water-based MB, which can be annoying to do with timing issues etc.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-05-02 17:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard from a friend that Stymie Frazzle III + Rayke was consistently doing the trick for them as well. I only tried it once myself but it worked as advertised.

P.S. Also tried the RUN+SMN method I mentioned a page or two back without any supports this time, and it worked just fine although the RUN had to be more aggressive building TP to keep the wall down. I had him try to WS every 2-3 Pred Claws. Even without a subtle blow set and with me only Mewing about once every 40-60 seconds, it never used a TP move. Got it to 93% but used both SMN SPs.
 Bahamut.Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2023-05-03 01:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So my friend and I just went in on bst sch run

RUN held then unda x3 rayke

SCH made water sc

BST skillchained ooze

nothing,

V20 ongo

bsts gear

main={ name="Pangu", augments={'Path: C',}},
sub="Agwu's Axe",
ammo="Voluspa Tathlum",
head="Gleti's Mask",
body="Gleti's Cuirass",
hands="Gleti's Gauntlets",
legs="Gleti's Breeches",
feet="Gleti's Boots",
neck={ name="Bst. Collar +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist="Incarnation Sash",
left_ear="Kyrene's Earring",
right_ear="Enmerkar Earring",
left_ring="Tali'ah Ring",
right_ring="C. Palug Ring",
back={ name="Artio's Mantle", augments={'Pet: M.Acc.+20 Pet: M.Dmg.+20','Pet: Mag. Acc.+10','Pet: "Regen"+10','Pet: Damage taken -5%',}},

Is ongo just a big no no?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-03 03:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

BST skillchained ooze
You meant magic bursted?

I never tried Ooze on Ongo personally. Whenever I had to do >5% damage on Ongo to farm RP I just did SC+Helix MB on SCH and let the Helix do the rest.
 Bahamut.Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2023-05-03 09:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, sorry, i meant magic burst

Ok, sounds like Ongo is tough for bst

I can go the sch route, is there any other details for my sch they should know?
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-05-03 09:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH can literally solo V25 Ongo RP. Just use Crepes, Sandstorm2, Klimaform, do Gravitation SC, and burst Ebullience Geohelix2. Don't even need capped damage, as long as it hits for like 6k+ you win.

I've actually had Amchuchu survive the entire 15 minutes with a good trust setup as well, allowing for some extra bursting to get it well into the 80's. She rarely survives that long tho, she usually either dies within seconds or lasts several minutes.
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2023-05-03 10:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Can’t speak on oozing Ongo but we do use rayke and tomahawk to get a nice helix on the dinosaur for the first proc window or two
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-05-03 13:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I like the Tomahawk+Helix idea, I suspect that could work on all of them. I wouldn't be surprised if Rayke is unnecessary for that as well.
First Page 2 3 ... 229 230 231 ... 238 239 240