Dione: Flytrap (Orcfeltrap?), Blood Weapon, ??? aura

Gloios: Slime, Garbage Gel Mucus, Mighty Strikes, Defense Down Aura

Damysus: Gobbue (Joyous Green), ???

Aegypius: Bird (Abyssdiver), Perfect Dodge, Encumbrance Aura

Salmandra: Eft (Intuila), Perfect Dodge, Paralyze Aura

Ailuros: Coeurl (Voso), Perfect Dodge, Magic Accuracy Down Aura

Megaera: Cockatrice (Warblade Beak), Blood Weapon, Magic Attack down Aura

Eurytus: Gobbue (???), Mighty Strikes, Attack Down Aura

Harpe: Evil Weapon (Jester Malatrix), Chainspell, Magic Def Down Aura. Also has access to Whisper of Ire (absorbs buffs)

Kusarikku: Bugard (Immunobugard), Blood Weapon, Avoidance Down

Leucippe: Bat (Tiyanak?), Perfect Dodge, Encumberence Aura

Cynara: Cactuar (Cactrot Veloz), ???

Ptelea: Treant (Woodland Mender?), Mighty Strikes, Slow Aura

Physis: Morbol (Sybaritic Samantha), Blood Weapon, Magic Evasion Down Aura
I took a few screenshots of my fight with Cynara (popped with Veloz needles), I didn't notice which 2HR move it used, but it does have both 4k needles (distributed across PT), needleshot (for almost 1k to single target) also has counter, which hit me for ~1400: https://imgur.com/a/ZMJk72u

Cynara does hundred fists from first hand experience.
Yeah checked my logs, makes sense with the counters too, it's clearly a monk type, interesting that it doesn't match the corresponding unity NM which is WAR type
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-18 15:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of them don't. Harpe uses Chainspell but the unity version is just a normal Evil Weapon WAR type. Also, many of the Unity versions don't even use 1hrs at all.
By Heghmoh 2020-03-18 15:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know what the Moogle Magic does? I noticed I "received Moogle Magic II" on entering, and after killing some random mobs it upgraded to "Moogle Magic III". that upgrade persisted to my next entry. I'm assuming it has something to do with drop rates, or maybe end reward? the only immediate difference between my clears (both just killing the floor 1 fetter and boss, then climbing to exit) was 75k / char with II, and 90k / char with III - not sure if i just killed a different number of mobs, or if that was scaled by the buff.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-18 15:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Its trust buff

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Odyssey#Progression
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-18 19:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
SimonSes said: »
DirectX said: »
Just checked and loads sold for 7.8m. Cannot fathom why so high.

Gilbuyers? People with Billions who bought everything and just like buying new stuff? With augments few of those items arent worse upgrades than Aurgelmir Orb +1 and that was going for few hundred M for quite a long time.

The difference being that Aurgelmir Orb +1 is a high level crafted a rare HQ item that could only be created from a item obtained once every 15 days. It's no surprise it would stay so high for the first few weeks when there would only be a handful in supply. Here, this event rains down materials even for the casual player, and nobody is locked out of acquiring this due to dumb luck or expensive price (kraken club, orph sash). It's an event that gives access to stuff to everyone which is good for a change.

But its exactly like Eiryl said before: people talk up all the OMG items on the forums so much, and others read it and have to have it, just because someone else said so. So the price stays very high, at least at first. If nobody would have said a word about this unity gear being useful, it would have been 10k/scale from the jump.

The price is high for 2 reasons;

Theyre new.

The time invested to farm them is not worth it.

The players that *can* get 100+/run have enough gear that farming these to sell isnt really worthwhile when you can get 30+m in 4 hrs.

Once this drops individual gear, price will likely drop as the scales become secondary.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-18 19:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
The players that *can* get 100+/run have enough gear that farming these to sell isnt really worthwhile when you can get 30+m in 4 hrs.
You know that 100 per run is a lot more than 30m/4 hours, right? Getting 125 scales in 30 minutes is more than twice as much gil for the time spent, and at any time you choose instead of having to wait on buyers.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-03-18 19:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone getting much luck with mimics? Did a run today focusing on both fetters and mimics and of 4 tools used, 3 successfully opened a chest and 1 did nothing.
By SimonSes 2020-03-18 19:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Anyone getting much luck with mimics? Did a run today focusing on both fetters and mimics and of 4 tools used, 3 successfully opened a chest and 1 did nothing.

Just take like 6 stacks of thief's tools and focus only on chests. Halos are waste of time.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-18 19:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

How hard are the mimics for a solo THF? (prob get wrecked). Is there any gear that modifies Lockpicking success rate?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-18 19:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
You know that 100 per run is a lot more than 30m/4 hours, right? Getting 125 scales in 30 minutes is more than twice as much gil for the time spent, and at any time you choose instead of having to wait on buyers.

Getting 5 mil in 30 minutes on one character versus 30 mil in 4 hours per char across multibox.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-18 19:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

How hard are the mimics for a solo THF? (prob get wrecked). Is there any gear that modifies Lockpicking success rate?

Dont know, but i opened ~5 chests today between floors 1 and 3 with no mimic pop. Lower floors so far dont seem to be common mimic pop.
By SimonSes 2020-03-18 19:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting 5 mil in 30 minutes on one character versus 30 mil in 4 hours per char across multibox.

You can get 100 scales per char in 30 min. Just kill 2 mimics.
By SimonSes 2020-03-18 19:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont know, but i opened ~5 chests today between floors 1 and 3 with no mimic pop. Lower floors so far dont seem to be common mimic pop.

I opened 10 chests on floors 1-7 without mimic.
Then on other char i got mimic on first chest at floor 1.
Then on group enter I got 2 mimics from 3 chests on floor 1.

***is just random.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-18 20:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

7-9 million in 30 minutes is 14-18 million/hour. 30 million in 4 hours is 7.5 million/hour.

Do a half hour of Odyssey, then the other method for the rest of your time.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-18 20:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

7-9 million in 30 minutes is 14-18 million/hour. 30 million in 4 hours is 7.5 million/hour.

30 million x 8 in 4 hours is 7.5m/hr? Interesting.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-18 20:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

"when you can get 30+m in 4 hrs."

You literally said 30m over 4 hours in your original post, so stop changing the goal posts. The further you get from your original claim, the weaker your argument is, because the top 0.1% of players are sure as hell not the same people as the vast majority of people with good enough gear to get 100+ scales per run.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-18 22:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

***is just random.

Simon, how hard are the mimics to kill? solo/duo etc
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-18 23:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

"when you can get 30+m in 4 hrs."

You literally said 30m over 4 hours in your original post, so stop changing the goal posts. The further you get from your original claim, the weaker your argument is, because the top 0.1% of players are sure as hell not the same people as the vast majority of people with good enough gear to get 100+ scales per run.

Where do you think people get the funds to get their gear? It doesnt magically appear. You arent running through this ***solo killing entire floors worth of enemies without having top of the line gear, which requires an income. You dont even need to own multiple accounts, you can earn others gil and take half what they make. You could even merc and make better profits than this.

The people that can clear this at that high of a scale income solo are the same people that can get better gil income elsewhere.
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-03-18 23:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I got moogle mastery IV mid-run at around 350 monsters, 7 NMs and 2 chests, so it might be based on a point system that is not just based on monsters killed
[+]
By Weeew 2020-03-18 23:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Codegen said: »
I got moogle mastery IV mid-run at around 350 monsters, 7 NMs and 2 chests, so it might be based on a point system that is not just based on monsters killed

Yes I got the MM IV upgrade as soon as I opened a chest.
By SimonSes 2020-03-19 04:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

***is just random.

Simon, how hard are the mimics to kill? solo/duo etc

Its easy if you and healer can resist stun from its only tp move. I would suggest brd + thf + Yoran(U) as minimum duo for it. Use 5 songs, 2 lightning carols, honor, victory, minuet 5. Soul voice them when you find mimic.

Solo is not possible I think.
[+]
By devasbismarck 2020-03-19 06:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeew said: »

This is interesting as my current stats are,
326 kills
6 chests

Which i only have moogle mastery 2 so far. Can anyone confirm whats actually giving the lvl ups? It would seem NM kills are more valuable and im leaning toward a point system on all 3 too. I got mastery 1 below 100 kills.

Can anyone else offer info on what they have and what mastery stage they are at?

It could simply be each one has its own breakpoints for a mastery+ and they arent combined for a total score,

50, 500, 1k kills etc
1 chest, 20 chests
1 nm kill, 10 nm kills and so on
By SimonSes 2020-03-19 06:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

1st char:
MM II
330 nostos
6 chests

2nd char:
MM II
390 nostos
10 chests

3rd char:
MM II
394 nostos
10 chests

4th char:
No MM
0 nostos
14 chests

5th char:
MM III
476 nostos
12 chests
By devasbismarck 2020-03-19 06:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

^ I assume no NM pops izzat or unity items?
By SimonSes 2020-03-19 07:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

devasbismarck said: »
^ I assume no NM pops izzat or unity items?

Yes.
Oh and in case someone was wondering. Mimics aren't count as NMs and don't have their own category too.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-19 07:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Omg, are there mimics in Odyssey?!

How/where do you spawn them? Are they regular mimics or super tough ones with special properties/moves like Reisenjima or AMAN trove ones?
By Weeew 2020-03-19 07:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

devasbismarck said: »

This is interesting as my current stats are,
326 kills
6 chests

Which i only have moogle mastery 2 so far. Can anyone confirm whats actually giving the lvl ups? It would seem NM kills are more valuable and im leaning toward a point system on all 3 too. I got mastery 1 below 100 kills.

Can anyone else offer info on what they have and what mastery stage they are at?

It could simply be each one has its own breakpoints for a mastery+ and they arent combined for a total score,

50, 500, 1k kills etc
1 chest, 20 chests
1 nm kill, 10 nm kills and so on

Unlikely that it is break points as I have mastery IV and only killed 2 nm's. Most probably point based system.
By SimonSes 2020-03-19 07:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Omg, are there mimics in Odyssey?!

How/where do you spawn them? Are they regular mimics or super tough ones with special properties/moves like Reisenjima or AMAN trove ones?

They randomly pop when you try to open chests with tools on THF. The answer for 2nd question is few posts above.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-03-19 08:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Found a chest with silver lining, spammed keys, it upgraded to gold lining, spammed keys, turned into a gold coffer, got a mimic.

Large box gave 42-50 scales each.
By Weeew 2020-03-19 09:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Update on my solo COR experiences:

Luck with rolling, types of enemy's on floor 1, and box drops all play a big role in the range of scales I have managed to get. Ranged from 90 to 139 per run. My highest run I was 20 seconds away from 10 izzat so it should be possible to get 150+ in a run.

I am avoiding popping nm's with izzat but unity material nm's have all been safe to solo so far. I also avoid dark resistant stuff when I can. Using triple shot then random deal to reset it and Wildcard straight after with cutting cards I was able to get another round of Wildcard before the end of the run.

New record: 187 scales (5 small boxes + singles)

I am curious... How many scales are ppl getting in groups and/or mimic farming?
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 238 239 240