Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 237 238 239
By SimonSes 2020-03-19 10:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeew said: »
Update on my solo COR experiences:

Luck with rolling, types of enemy's on floor 1, and box drops all play a big role in the range of scales I have managed to get. Ranged from 90 to 139 per run. My highest run I was 20 seconds away from 10 izzat so it should be possible to get 150+ in a run.

I am avoiding popping nm's with izzat but unity material nm's have all been safe to solo so far. I also avoid dark resistant stuff when I can. Using triple shot then random deal to reset it and Wildcard straight after with cutting cards I was able to get another round of Wildcard before the end of the run.

New record: 187 scales (5 small boxes + singles)

I am curious... How many scales are ppl getting in groups and/or mimic farming?

Ejin 4box + Martel 2boxing in run focused on Mimics, which seems to be the best for groups (and getting 2 mimics) got around 145 per char. They have room for improvement tho and that still boxing, so it takes more time to buff and move around than 6 normal players. 3 mimics should be possible on avg, that would bring total to around 180+ per char. The obvious bonus for multiboxers doing it mimics instead of 4x solo, is obviously saved time.

Goings solo THF just opening chests you can get probably like 20-200, but it will be very luck based.
 Bahamut.Minimuse
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-03-19 11:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If you go in as a group, are you able to separate and call your own trusts?

Are izzats still shared if groups split? The potential for farming are greatly elevated if it's a zone wide credit system.

Say a bunch of thfs or cors split up, call trusts and hit different floors at once.

@60-90 secs, everyone heads to floor 7 to touch the end point.
 Asura.Valeena
Server: Asura
user: Valena
By Asura.Valeena 2020-03-19 11:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I disbanded once from a friend who died, and was unable to call more than 4 trusts.
So I'd say it's a no.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-19 11:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Minimuse said: »
If you go in as a group, are you able to separate and call your own trusts?

Are izzats still shared if groups split? The potential for farming are greatly elevated if it's a zone wide credit system.

Say a bunch of thfs or cors split up, call trusts and hit different floors at once.

@60-90 secs, everyone heads to floor 7 to touch the end point.

The best mothod (EDIT:for farming scales) for group is going up and opening chests/killing mimics on the way.
By tyalangan 2020-03-19 13:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
The best mothod (EDIT:for farming scales) for group is going up and opening chests/killing mimics on the way.

What would be the “plan B” best route for groups if you somehow get no mimics? Back to halos? Until time runs out?
By SimonSes 2020-03-19 13:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »

What would be the “plan B” best route for groups if you somehow get no mimics? Back to halos? Until time runs out?

If you dont get Mimic, while opening those ~20+ chests on the way, you will probably have at least 20+ small boxes and like 100 singles, so thats plan B already.
[+]
By tyalangan 2020-03-19 13:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So no skipping floors via 1/3/5 portals?
By SimonSes 2020-03-19 14:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
So no skipping floors via 1/3/5 portals?

Nah just go up with confluxes and pick up easy chests. Only kill trash that aggro. Ofc if you get 2 mimics on first floor and you are satisfied and low on time you can jump to 5 and make it safe.

Also I have so *** bad luck in Odyssey. This time my character go draw in and LOCKED completely. I could only engage and disengage and auto attack, so I was killing Mimic 10 minutes, instead of 3 (I was trying to fix it somehow and COR died because buffs started dropping and I got bad stun). Needed to relog after Mimic died to continue. *** sucks. Only got 60 scales per char :/
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2020-03-19 14:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Update on my solo COR experiences:

Luck with rolling, types of enemy's on floor 1, and box drops all play a big role in the range of scales I have managed to get. Ranged from 90 to 139 per run. My highest run I was 20 seconds away from 10 izzat so it should be possible to get 150+ in a run.

I am avoiding popping nm's with izzat but unity material nm's have all been safe to solo so far. I also avoid dark resistant stuff when I can. Using triple shot then random deal to reset it and Wildcard straight after with cutting cards I was able to get another round of Wildcard before the end of the run.

New record: 187 scales (5 small boxes + singles)

I am curious... How many scales are ppl getting in groups and/or mimic farming?

Ejin 4box + Martel 2boxing in run focused on Mimics, which seems to be the best for groups (and getting 2 mimics) got around 145 per char. They have room for improvement tho and that still boxing, so it takes more time to buff and move around than 6 normal players. 3 mimics should be possible on avg, that would bring total to around 180+ per char. The obvious bonus for multiboxers doing it mimics instead of 4x solo, is obviously saved time.

Goings solo THF just opening chests you can get probably like 20-200, but it will be very luck based.
What kind of til rewards did you get or did you not claim?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-03-19 16:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

4th floor vortex costed 10 abyssdiver wings. I had killed it twice previously.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-19 16:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What effect does popping on higher floors have on NM strength or drop rate?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2020-03-19 17:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Found a chest with silver lining, spammed keys, it upgraded to gold lining, spammed keys, turned into a gold coffer, got a mimic.

Large box gave 42-50 scales each.
Does the Moogle take note that you opened a gold coffer (Aurus Strongbox?) in Status reports?
By SimonSes 2020-03-20 07:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I have so *** bad luck in Odyssey. This time my character go draw in and LOCKED completely. I could only engage and disengage and auto attack, so I was killing Mimic 10 minutes, instead of 3 (I was trying to fix it somehow and COR died because buffs started dropping and I got bad stun). Needed to relog after Mimic died to continue. *** sucks. Only got 60 scales per char :/

Ok this is NOT a bad luck. It happened again. Exactly the same. Cant turn, move, WS, JA, anything (even after I got raised) and I think I know why. I saw mimic pop msg and I clicked on still visible chest (wanted to target it and click attack) and I interacted with that chest, then it disappeared and I got locked.
At least this is what I think is happening. So when you hunt Mimics, dont spam Enter when you see Mimic pop msg.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-03-20 08:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo'd the Mimic on my alt(with trusts). Takes like 10 minutes since it has really high defense and minimal damage from skillchains. Malignance ftw obviously
By SimonSes 2020-03-20 08:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Solo'd the Mimic on my alt(with trusts). Takes like 10 minutes since it has really high defense and minimal damage from skillchains. Malignance ftw obviously

Not bad. I thought it wont be possible because of yoran being stunned not you actually. Still 10 min per Mimic is probably not worth it. It gives an edge for real thf vs mule thf tho, because on real thf Mimic is not the end of the run.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-03-20 08:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. Was 1/1 on popping Mimic. Got two Mimics total, but the second was gg since was only 5 minutes left. But, ended up getting over 100 still
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-20 10:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

scales tanked unusually fast. 7m one moment and under 3 next day.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-20 10:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
scales tanked unusually fast. 7m one moment and under 3 next day.

And back to 5 a couple hours later. Sounds like someone tried to price fix them down.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-20 10:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

That explains it. How is that done? sell a bunch for low/buy it back, and try to finesse others to sell at their modified price?
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-20 10:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, exactly. Put in a fake 10 item history around 3m, then set up an AH bot to bid 3m so people think it's actually going for 3m, list it for 3m, and you get it.

But, it doesn't change all the scales already on AH so eventually someone is willing to pay real price and it goes back up(hopefully).
[+]
By Taint 2020-03-20 10:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It was up to 220 stacks on the AH. I picked up a few sub 3mil.

It’s easy enough to farm that liquidity becomes a factor for some. Waiting to sell at 7mil vs 220 other stacks isn’t worth it at the pace you can farm and others can farm.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-20 10:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn people are still resorting to sucker *** tactics like that huh? They shouldn't be a penny over 2mil anyways, but 3m was actually fairly reasonable at this stage of the content.

3/stack is 36M, so for stuff like Metamorph Ring, Lugra Earring, Sailfi Belt, Unmoving Collar, Gelatinous Ring, and maybe a few others, it's actually not a bad price. Especially when you consider the price of comparable items that share the same slot (Moonlight Necklace, Moonlight Ring, Ioskeha +1)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-20 12:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

36 is still triple what theyre worth, don't pay stupid tax

It's more reasonable than a hundred (morons, lul) but it's still far, from the bottom.

I wouldn't even pay a mil a stack, but you have to be reasonable, they wouldn't be farmed for a mil a stack (I think) It would be different if ya know, actual "content" had actual content drops, then the price would be less than a mil 100%

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Weeew 2020-03-20 16:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Found a chest with silver lining, spammed keys, it upgraded to gold lining, spammed keys, turned into a gold coffer, got a mimic.

I opened a chest using 10 izzat today and it gave me 1 box + 2 singles. The chest stayed there and upgraded to a gold lining requiring 15 izzat to open. I opened it again using 15 izzat and it gave me 1 box + 2 singles. It didn't upgrade a second time to a gold coffer but I did get moogle mastery V when opening it. I also have [Chests:16 Coffers:1] in my Sheol A status report. Must give a significant amount of MM points because I went from MM IV to MM V in 1 run.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-20 21:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »

Does the Moogle take note that you opened a gold coffer (Aurus Strongbox?) in Status reports?

I can answer this question now with no, it does not. Unless you actually need to open Aurus without getting a mimic (I got mimic too).

I opened a chest using 10 izzat today and it gave me 1 box + 2 singles. The chest stayed there and upgraded to a gold lining requiring 15 izzat to open. I opened it again using 15 izzat and it gave me 1 box + 2 singles. It didn't upgrade a second time to a gold coffer but I did get moogle mastery V when opening it. I also have [Chests:16 Coffers:1] in my Sheol A status report. Must give a significant amount of MM points because I went from MM IV to MM V in 1 run.

I have now 520 nostos, 20 chests and 2 coffers and im still at MM III. I havent killed any NMs.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-20 21:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got 756 nostos, 12 chests, 1 coffer, and 8 NM kills (7 different types), and MMV.
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-03-21 01:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Where was it I saw that mobs in Odyssea can be Charmed by a BST?
By Wotasu 2020-03-21 02:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Where was it I saw that mobs in Odyssea can be Charmed by a BST?
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/45830/killer-instinct-the-beastmaster-compendium/99/#3494561
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 237 238 239