The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 237 238 239
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-03-18 11:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Aura isn't right for Leucippe. Both times I've fought him it was encumbrance down aura preventing gearswaps.
[+]
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2020-03-18 11:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akaden said: »
there seems to be a correlation between the number if materials required based on the floor you pop on 1:1. (Floor 1 costs 1 material, floor 3 costs 3, etc)

I guess we're not understanding this mechanic yet, we have been unable to pop floor 7 Unity NMs using up to an entire stack of materials.

Any pointers, or did I miss something earlier in the thread? We're killing fetters + beastmen and grabbing personal drops at the end flux before we start messing around with Unity mobs. The Izzat one we can pop no problem.

One night we popped the Orcfeltrap NM randomly with Izzat, and got the same "You don't have enough of the requisite items" message from the other flux - except when I tried Orcfeltrap leaves, it told me that I had already spawned that NM using items.
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2020-03-18 11:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

20 for floor 6, more for floor 7.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-18 12:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That should be the next thing people test: floors 5-7, how many exact pop items are required to pop an NM from an Ethereal Junction. And then check to see if the drops are any different than popping on floors 1-3.

I originally thought that what Akaden said was correct (that PIs cost the same as the floor you're on), but that is not entirely correct. I think there is some multiplying factor with successive NMs on higher floors that don't follow this trend. Should try carrying a few stacks and maybe even bring along some nq/hq unity gear to see if the junctions possibly accept those in trades.
By vil872 2020-03-18 12:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeew said: »
Update on my solo COR experiences:
I am avoiding popping nm's with izzat but unity material nm's have all been safe to solo so far.

Have you fought the ghostly mobs and their fetter, just skipped the rift?
I'm wondering if exiting on floor 7 gives you a box if you don't kill the NM from the ghostly mobs.
Yesterday I got the slime NM from the rift on 1F so moved on. Killed fetter + beastmen on 3F, but did not pop anything (didn't notice if rift popped or not). Killed fetter on 5F, but there were no beastmen there at all.

On exit, 65k and a small box.
[+]
By ashcrow 2020-03-18 12:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

i may sub back and try oddyessy would u go solo as pld or nin/war? both good geared well, omen geared ETC, or rdm?
 Asura.Akaden
Server: Asura
By Asura.Akaden 2020-03-18 13:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I am avoiding popping nm's with izzat but unity material nm's have all been safe to solo so far.

I'm wondering if exiting on floor 7 gives you a box if you don't kill the NM from the ghostly mobs.

I always kill the fetter + ghostly mobs. I don't bother exiting though because in the time it would take me to run there I can probably take down 1-2 packs which gives more scales than a small box.

From floor 5 (using the translocator from whatever floor you get to), usually takes me about 3 minutes. The layout is always the same. Bolter's, sneak, invis, jet.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-18 13:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

ashcrow said: »
i may sub back and try oddyessy would u go solo as pld or nin/war? both good geared well, omen geared ETC, or rdm?

It depends. Ninja using self Skillchains should be efficient for soloing, but will get dropped quick if you get aggro or a bad link. Paladin is cool but wood probably kill slow. Stuff still hits like a truck in there if you're not careful. RDM if you have a good melee set can probably do really well for controlling monsters and such. I use Blue Mage currently, because it has unique tools for dealing with links and bad situations, and can pull while keeping itself sufficient buff wise.
 Asura.Deijixfx
Server: Asura
user: Deijixfx
By Asura.Deijixfx 2020-03-18 13:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It took us somewhere around 21 materials to pop an nm on floor 7, so w/e the correleation is im not sure yet, becaue you can pop floor 1 with 1 mat.
By ashcrow 2020-03-18 14:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

It depends. Ninja using self Skillchains should be efficient for soloing, but will get dropped quick if you get aggro or a bad link. Paladin is cool but wood probably kill slow. Stuff still hits like a truck in there if you're not careful. RDM if you have a good melee set can probably do really well for controlling monsters and such. I use Blue Mage currently, because it has unique tools for dealing with links and bad situations, and can pull while keeping itself sufficient buff wise.
even with AG almace or KOTR i would kill slow i really need to read on this while downloading the game again it looks complicated saw it on twitch also what do nms drop just a big bag of materials?
By Weeew 2020-03-18 14:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I always kill the fetter + ghostly mobs. I don't bother exiting though because in the time it would take me to run there I can probably take down 1-2 packs which gives more scales than a small box.

From floor 5 (using the translocator from whatever floor you get to), usually takes me about 3 minutes. The layout is always the same. Bolter's, sneak, invis, jet.

3 mins = 20 kills. With TH4 thats 20-30 scales? More than I would get by running to the exit.
By ashcrow 2020-03-18 14:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

3 mins = 20 kills. With TH4 thats 20-30 scales? More than I would get by running to the exit.

waat only ? 1 scale is 1k right that seems not to be worth it to be honest
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-03-18 14:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Haziko said: »
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
SimonSes said: »
As group you are suppose to kill Fetter at floor 1,3,5 and 7 and run to otherworldy vortex at the end. You should get 4 PERSONAL box from otherworldy that way and I think one more personal box from killing beastman kings at floor 7 (they are around Fetter there).

So thats 5 personal chests

This is what we do but it's 4 chests, 5 if u are completing Roe for first time.
What is your strat for killing fetters without killing all the trash mobs? We have been lowmaning it, and that is usually the biggest time killer.

We've been killing every mob associated with the fetter, and then Sneak/Vis until we get to the next one (sorry late *** reply)
By ashcrow 2020-03-18 14:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Haziko said: »
As group you are suppose to kill Fetter at floor 1,3,5 and 7 and run to otherworldy vortex at the end. You should get 4 PERSONAL box from otherworldy that way and I think one more personal box from killing beastman kings at floor 7 (they are around Fetter there).

So thats 5 personal chests

This is what we do but it's 4 chests, 5 if u are completing Roe for first time.
What is your strat for killing fetters without killing all the trash mobs? We have been lowmaning it, and that is usually the biggest time killer.

We've been killing every mob associated with the fetter, and then Sneak/Vis until we get to the next one (sorry late *** reply)

also it costs 10 mill to upgrade 1 piece right?
By SimonSes 2020-03-18 14:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what you are asking here. It costs 30k accolades and 1192 scales to upgrade one piece. That much scales cost 50-90M gils, depends which server you are on.
By ashcrow 2020-03-18 14:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what you are asking here. It costs 30k accolades and 1192 scales to upgrade one piece. That much scales cost 50-90M gils, depends which server you are on.
AAH thats what i meant ty
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-03-18 14:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
NMs list updated:

Tipuli: Dragonfly (Valkurm Imperator), Mighty strikes, ??? Aura

Brachys: Crab (Emperor Arthro), Invincible, Attack Down Aura

Dione: Flytrap (Orcfeltrap?), Blood Weapon, ??? aura

Gloios: Slime, Garbage Gel Mucus, Mighty Strikes, Defense Down Aura

Damysus: Gobbue (Joyous Green), ???

Aegypius: Bird (Abyssdiver), Perfect Dodge, Encumbrance Aura

Salmandra: Eft (Intuila), Perfect Dodge, Paralyze Aura

Ailuros: Coeurl (Voso), Perfect Dodge, Magic Accuracy Down Aura

Megaera: Cockatrice (Warblade Beak), Blood Weapon, Magic Attack down Aura

Eurytus: Gobbue (???), Mighty Strikes, Attack Down Aura

Harpe: Evil Weapon (Jester Malatrix), Chainspell, Magic Def Down Aura. Also has access to Whisper of Ire (absorbs buffs)

Kusarikku: Bugard (Immunobugard), Blood Weapon, Avoidance Down

Leucippe: Bat (Tiyanak?), Perfect Dodge, Encumberence Aura

Cynara: Cactuar (Cactrot Veloz), ???

Ptelea: Treant (Woodland Mender?), Mighty Strikes, Slow Aura

Physis: Morbol (Sybaritic Samantha), Blood Weapon, Magic Evasion Down Aura
I took a few screenshots of my fight with Cynara (popped with Veloz needles), I didn't notice which 2HR move it used, but it does have both 4k needles (distributed across PT), needleshot (for almost 1k to single target) also has counter, which hit me for ~1400: https://imgur.com/a/ZMJk72u

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2020-03-18 14:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

1200 scales at 6m per stack is 72m?

Are you asking if 12 * 6M = 72M ? :) You could just use calculator, but the answer is yes, it's 72M :)
By Sabishii 2020-03-18 15:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Codegen said: »
NMs list updated:

Tipuli: Dragonfly (Valkurm Imperator), Mighty strikes, ??? Aura

Brachys: Crab (Emperor Arthro), Invincible, Attack Down Aura

Dione: Flytrap (Orcfeltrap?), Blood Weapon, ??? aura

Gloios: Slime, Garbage Gel Mucus, Mighty Strikes, Defense Down Aura

Damysus: Gobbue (Joyous Green), ???

Aegypius: Bird (Abyssdiver), Perfect Dodge, Encumbrance Aura

Salmandra: Eft (Intuila), Perfect Dodge, Paralyze Aura

Ailuros: Coeurl (Voso), Perfect Dodge, Magic Accuracy Down Aura

Megaera: Cockatrice (Warblade Beak), Blood Weapon, Magic Attack down Aura

Eurytus: Gobbue (???), Mighty Strikes, Attack Down Aura

Harpe: Evil Weapon (Jester Malatrix), Chainspell, Magic Def Down Aura. Also has access to Whisper of Ire (absorbs buffs)

Kusarikku: Bugard (Immunobugard), Blood Weapon, Avoidance Down

Leucippe: Bat (Tiyanak?), Perfect Dodge, Encumberence Aura

Cynara: Cactuar (Cactrot Veloz), ???

Ptelea: Treant (Woodland Mender?), Mighty Strikes, Slow Aura

Physis: Morbol (Sybaritic Samantha), Blood Weapon, Magic Evasion Down Aura
I took a few screenshots of my fight with Cynara (popped with Veloz needles), I didn't notice which 2HR move it used, but it does have both 4k needles (distributed across PT), needleshot (for almost 1k to single target) also has counter, which hit me for ~1400: https://imgur.com/a/ZMJk72u

Cynara does hundred fists from first hand experience.

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2020-03-18 15:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

1200 scales at 6m per stack is 72m?

Are you asking if 12 * 6M = 72M ? :) You could just use calculator, but the answer is yes, it's 72M :)
No, I was just guessing they're 6m a stack atm and couldn't be bothered to check. I posted it before the other responses were there.

They are 4-5M per stack on Bahamut and apparently 7-8M on Asura. So the range is pretty wide atm.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-18 15:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It's amazing how these things literally fall off of monsters without any effort at all and people are willing to put out REMA upgrade prices for them. The event literally doesn't drop anything else besides these scales and it is available to everyone. I just find that absolutely fascinating its 7m/30 minutes of work. 14m every 2 days is not a bad hustle at all.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-03-18 15:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the range of scales you can find inside Large boxes?
By SimonSes 2020-03-18 15:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Just checked and loads sold for 7.8m. Cannot fathom why so high.

Gilbuyers? People with Billions who bought everything and just like buying new stuff? With augments few of those items arent worse upgrades than Aurgelmir Orb +1 and that was going for few hundred M for quite a long time.
By SimonSes 2020-03-18 15:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
What's the range of scales you can find inside Large boxes?

40-50 I think and in regular one its 10-20?

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-18 15:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just checked and loads sold for 7.8m. Cannot fathom why so high.

Gilbuyers? People with Billions who bought everything and just like buying new stuff? With augments few of those items arent worse upgrades than Aurgelmir Orb +1 and that was going for few hundred M for quite a long time.

The difference being that Aurgelmir Orb +1 is a high level crafted a rare HQ item that could only be created from a item obtained once every 15 days. It's no surprise it would stay so high for the first few weeks when there would only be a handful in supply. Here, this event rains down materials even for the casual player, and nobody is locked out of acquiring this due to dumb luck or expensive price (kraken club, orph sash). It's an event that gives access to stuff to everyone which is good for a change.

But its exactly like Eiryl said before: people talk up all the OMG items on the forums so much, and others read it and have to have it, just because someone else said so. So the price stays very high, at least at first. If nobody would have said a word about this unity gear being useful, it would have been 10k/scale from the jump.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-18 15:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they follow a similar/same pattern as REMA stone cases/parcels+boxes. Boxes being the significant ones upwards of like 50~ or so.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 237 238 239