The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 111 112 113 ... 237 238 239
 Lakshmi.Haaydee
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Haaydee 2021-04-06 23:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyaanu said: »
I may have missed this through 111 pages, but search didn't pull anything up. Took a party through Raskovniche V15 today--first time clear for 4/6 people in the group.

Killing it provided 401 RP across the board. Clearing V15 Mboze, Marmorkrebs, U Bnai, and Gogmagog yielded the expected 392.

Any idea why it was increased? I was under the impression that 392 was the cap.

Edit: Have also talked to people that report multiple instances of obtaining 401 on V15 Bumba.

We had this happen once. I assumed it was because the mob recovered some HP from a move but I don't know for sure.
By klayy 2021-04-07 00:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So been working on MM levels... Got to up 12 in A but have no idea how to proceed. I've killed thousands of trash so pretty sure I got all those ones. 250 chest/coffers like 50 aurums... pretty sure that's taken care of. I've killed all 16 NMs once (I got rank ups at 11/16 and 14/16 but strangely not at 16/16 lol) I've killed 8 of them 6x or more... I think ranks at 1st, 2nd and 4th x6.

Zero clue how to get higher now lol. I mean I'm gonna swap over to B and do some of the same things but figured I'd see if anyone knew how to get beyond where I'm at.
By Guyford 2021-04-07 00:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

klayy said: »
So been working on MM levels... Got to up 12 in A but have no idea how to proceed. I've killed thousands of trash so pretty sure I got all those ones. 250 chest/coffers like 50 aurums... pretty sure that's taken care of. I've killed all 16 NMs once (I got rank ups at 11/16 and 14/16 but strangely not at 16/16 lol) I've killed 8 of them 6x or more... I think ranks at 1st, 2nd and 4th x6.

Zero clue how to get higher now lol. I mean I'm gonna swap over to B and do some of the same things but figured I'd see if anyone knew how to get beyond where I'm at.

Which Sheol? In A you kill each NM at least 6 times, B each NM 3 times, C each NM 9 times to cap. You need 16 aurums, and at least 1500 nostos too.
[+]
By klayy 2021-04-07 01:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

^ A for now. I got my last 6x rank up on the 4th one.. did 4 more... so maybe gotta keep going that route?
By SimonSes 2021-04-07 03:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

klayy said: »
^ A for now. I got my last 6x rank up on the 4th one.. did 4 more... so maybe gotta keep going that route?

You need to kill EVERY nm in A 6 times.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-04-07 03:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Also, since Entrust buffs get enhanced if the target has Geomancy+, can you cast on a player with Dunna or Idris on, then have them swap jobs and keep the enhanced bubble?

Im not sure if you can even switch to two same jobs in gaol lobby? Even if you can, buffs will be wiped when you switch jobs from GEO to other job.
 Asura.Hya
Server: Asura
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-04-07 05:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Also, since Entrust buffs get enhanced if the target has Geomancy+, can you cast on a player with Dunna or Idris on, then have them swap jobs and keep the enhanced bubble?

Im not sure if you can even switch to two same jobs in gaol lobby? Even if you can, buffs will be wiped when you switch jobs from GEO to other job.
You can have repeat jobs in the lobby, yes. But as you said, the indi spell buff should wear off upon entry to a boss room.
By SimonSes 2021-04-07 06:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »

You can have repeat jobs in the lobby, yes. But as you said, the indi spell buff should wear off upon entry to a boss room.

I havent said it will drop down when you enter the boss room. Its exactly opposite, its the whole point of last few posts lol. Im saying that buffs will be wiped after you switch job from GEO to your other job you want to use for the fight (assuming you switch to GEO to use +geomancy items on indi received, which is what Geriond was asking). So you can have 5 entrusted indi, but there is no trick to make them stronger than base 900 skill.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-04-07 07:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »

I havent said it will drop down when you enter the boss room. Its exactly opposite, its the whole point of last few posts lol. Im saying that buffs will be wiped after you switch job from GEO to your other job you want to use for the fight (assuming you switch to GEO to use +geomancy items on indi received, which is what Geriond was asking). So you can have 5 entrusted indi, but there is no trick to make them stronger than base 900 skill.
You're right, missed some of the context there as well as a few posts on last page. My mistake, no posting at 6am for me lol
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-04-13 20:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

How hard are the V5 tier 1 and 2 NMs?

Trying to reduce using my mules segments as much as possible.
 Valefor.Vindus
Server: Valefor
user: Arc
By Valefor.Vindus 2021-04-13 21:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »

If you're the kind of person who knows how to utilize their trusts well then you have very little to be concerned about. I would venture to say that you barely have to employ much strategy beyond normal preparation. Double bonus points if you have high MM on that character.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-04-14 05:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

They are not hard (V10 too). It's more about DPS check if you solo them.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-04-14 05:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

They are not hard (V10 too). It's more about DPS check if you solo them.

I think the depends on the jobs you have.

The Crab T2 is kinda hard for melee to kill when solo, even on V5.
By Weeew 2021-04-15 14:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys quick question:-

If we are running a static for Bumba V15 and one of the members drops out and we bring someone who does not have any Gaol A1-A4 clears yet, would he be able to both get RP from Bumba and augment Nyame to rank 20?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-15 14:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. Anyone can get RP for any boss on a Veng+1-15 scale kill. They can begin augmenting. The only thing they can't do is independently enter the group into Bumba (or any boss they don't have prior clears for).
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-04-15 14:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-04-17 22:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have firsthand experience on whether you get full RP if you wipe, then go back in and kill?

IE, Fight #1 > wipe at 10% > go back in > Fight #2 > kill.

Do you get the full RP or 10% HP worth on fight #2?
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-04-17 23:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You get the RP from whatever you do per fight to the maximum value for the totality of its HP.

I think its like 392 or some ***for a full kill.

So if you take him to 10% and die/time out whatever you only get partial points. Going back in and killing him the rest of the way will get you the remainder of the points on the table.
 Bismarck.Zubuis
Server: Bismarck
user: Zubuis
By Bismarck.Zubuis 2021-04-18 14:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Question: If you rank T1 to V15 ... can you go straight to T2 V15 ... or do you need to clear 5/10/15 still?
By Foxfire 2021-04-18 14:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If you haven't cleared a mob at V15 (i.e. someone brought you in to V15 for a t2 before you completed T1), then yes. you have to clear the previous tier at V15 to unlock vengeance for the next tier, generally.

edit: and you'd have to work your way up through them normally-unless, as i mentioned earlier, someone takes you to a higher vengeance clear. at that point, you'd be able to go straight to V15 once you clear the previous tier at V15 entirely as opposed to working your way up 5/10/15.
By Garretts 2021-04-18 16:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else burnt the *** out on doing this event every day or every other damn day ?

I get it, I get it, wah wah if you want the gear you gotta put in the work wah wah, but honestly... I have NO motivation to grind augments on this gear, just to ... grind... more faster/better ... augments...on the gear....

Like SE needs to let you bank tags like void stones or something up to 15 or something simple. but this 1 on your 1 on the moogle thing is horse ***.

Not to mention to cap out 5/5 Ayame you have to kill a r15 Bumba ....235 times.... aprox. that's atleast 705,000 segments.... JUST FOR BUMBA, ASSUMING YOU DON'T DO ANY OTHER NM'S....

And they haven't given us any heads up about what were *** doing this for? are they expanding Dyna-Divergence for Empy+3 ??? are they making a new alliance event like dyna/omen ???

SORRY GANG, JUST VENTING WHILE I JP BLACK MAGE TO 500JP TO KILL ONGO MORE BETTER/FASTER.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-04-18 17:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Garretts said: »
SORRY GANG, JUST VENTING WHILE I JP BLACK MAGE TO 500JP TO KILL ONGO MORE BETTER/FASTER.

While relatable, I don't think it's all that bad. I like that they're making use of Sch and Blm again beyond just having the jobs on the back burner.
[+]
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Bahamut
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2021-04-18 17:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odyssey is just a very flawed design currently. It's meant to be a timesink, and that's fine, but there is a difference in time sink and making content that is incredibly overwhelming because of how long you will be invested into it DAILY. Multiply RPx5~10 and make mog phones storablex3. That would fix a LOT of the headache.

- The content was designed where you have to have 3 KI to even enter. Yet nobody for the most part even fights more than 1 NM per entry (let alone 3) because most R15 fights require multiple buffing jobs.
- No RP bonus at all for fighting more than 1 boss per entry.
- The 1 job per fight is pointless because of this.
- same thing for no subjobs. It's more so there for annoyance
- Aura moves are stupid and basically force supports like BRD/COR to play passive and hold TP to remove them... or die. Bard is a total snooze fest in Odyssey.
- Way too much gear added at one time for the massive timesink it requires to cap ONE SET.
- Major headache to set events up for linkshells. Keeping track of each person's jobs and clear progress really sucks when only 1 person can play any given job. It's only been a month or so (lag fix) and my LS is already burned out on doing Odyssey.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-18 18:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It's designed exactly the way they want it to be, you will log in every single day and you will love it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-18 19:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention to cap out 5/5 Ayame you have to kill a r15 Bumba ....235 times.... aprox. that's atleast 705,000 segments.... JUST FOR BUMBA, ASSUMING YOU DON'T DO ANY OTHER NM'S....

Explain the math behind this? Should be around 170 if you're perfect.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-04-18 19:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's designed exactly the way they want it to be, you will log in every single day and you will hate it, but do it anyways because you’re addicted to a terrible 20 yr old MMO.

My personal experience.
[+]
By drakefs 2021-04-19 05:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Explain the math behind this? Should be around 170 if you're perfect.

They are close, it is not 170 unless someone else is allowing you to ride their work and skip unlocking Ven 15.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p5OTyAulEOycQ4p8-fCTShTZbszDL3IIDe5XJmVRnNE/edit?usp=sharing
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-19 06:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

But he said you have to KILL Bumba 235 times, which is untrue. Getting progress to get there is one thing if you plan on doing it yourself, it will take you a lot of runs (which is just a one time clear). but you don't need to kill Bumba that many times at all. In any scenario
By Garretts 2021-04-19 09:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's super awesome that you focused on my napkin math and not the actual reason I made a post.

170 vs 235 is still the exact same stupid ***.

Do you feel better about odyssey knowing that you pointed out that the frustrated player(s?) really only have to do 170 as opposed to 200? or 220? or 235? Killing Bumba 100 times is god awful content

Let's assume you kill only need to kill it 100 times! 100 times and all your Ayame is capped out and you can be done! (And now you can go work on the other 6 sets of armor for *** sake right? LMAO)

That alone is 300k segments (this assumes you don't ever have a *** up, or a d/c, or just bad luck)

I'm not saying my group is the best but we consistently get 6-7k avg segments in a Seaol C farm. Assuming you get the avg of 6.5k that's roughly 47 runs you'd need to get that many segments. So 47ish days. This doesn't leave any room for other armor, accessories, weapons augmenting. It also isn't correct because it's based off of ONLY NEEDING TO KILL IT 100 TIMES. You need to kill it 70 MORE times.

If this "content" is supposed to last us for the rest of 2021, I'm gonna be pretty *** done with XI, even if I love/am addicted to the game. I mean for gods sake, they're gonna give us more pay2win inventory space and we still have no idea how were gonna be upgrading our Empyrean armor to +3 (IF that even ever happens)

Again, the point of the post was my frustration at an event that gives arguably the best armor in the game, but is so poorly designed/implemented/thought out that it's making me not want to log in and do it. going from 235 kills to 170 doesn't make me feel an ounce of better, unfortunately.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-19 09:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Same ***, new day. How many times have you killed an Omen boss. A thousand? Yeah, exactly.

That's why you play an MMO, you literally sign up to do the same ***all day, every day.

It's really simple, just don't do it. Nothing easier than just not doing it. No ***, this IS the entire year. NOTHING else is coming out. Ambuscade cycle and Bumba, all year long. Real talk. Das it man.(I mean there will be more TVR but that's a different subset of "stuff")
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 111 112 113 ... 237 238 239