First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 238 239 240
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-03-18 09:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Grats Martel for the win, I'm not sure I get the whole logic behind the "let's stay in range of Timber".
Does its damage really get reduced according to number of targets being hit?
You sure it's not just a coincidence or something else?

They changed Timbeer's effect to something akin to 10,000 needles, so yes, that should be the correct strategy now.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-18 09:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Wyrmnax said: »
Anyone calculated how long / how many runs it will take to fully augment a single piece of t3 gear?

Because.... it looks like it is a ridiculous time gate....

First run is 0
+5 is 68
+10 is 192
+15 is 392

13060 - 260 = 12800/ 392 = 32.65

So 36 runs.

Yep, and realistically it's going to possibly be a lot higher if it's an annoying boss or if you do not have a consistent group. Just changing out something like a WHM or Tank can definitely mak a difference, for better or worse.

The bosses are designed to punish you if you do something wrong (or not fast enough), even with a near-perfect group. Getting 33+ wins in a row is challenging, so most people shouldn't really expect a number of runs in mind. Just know that its A LOT.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-18 09:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
They changed Timbeer's effect to something akin to 10,000 needles, so yes, that should be the correct strategy now.

Except it really doesnt look like 10000 needles. Everyone get hit by very different number.
By Guyford 2021-03-18 09:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Except it really doesnt look like 10000 needles. Everyone get hit by very different number.

Also isn't canonpierce already a 10k needles move? Seems odd that they would give it a 2nd.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-03-18 10:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The damage on each character seems to be based on max HP of each target. This being why tanks tend to take the most dmg, and backline, less etc.

I believe it's a percentage of the players max HP, starting out at higher than 100%, resulting in death everytime, that is then gradually reduced as more targets are moved into range. Once you have 6 targets in, it becomes survivable when your HP is completely full, but it's still really easy to die. 7 targets provided some lee way.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-03-18 10:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

@Martel
Have you tested if Valiance reduces its damage when there are 6-7 targets in range? Perhaps SDT has been effecting it, but we haven't noticed due to not using all characters in range.

Edit: I did notice Canopierces damage gets increased due to unknown reasons, maybe due to aura? I went into Mboze V0 with 5 trusts testing stuff and Canopierce hit me with 50% DT for 501 damage. When aura was up, it hit me for 4500 on RUN (2 trusts + myself were alive at the time) with 3 Flabra runes + vallation up.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-18 10:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »

The damage on each character seems to be based on max HP of each target. This being why tanks tend to take the most dmg, and backline, less etc.

I believe it's a percentage of the players max HP, starting out at higher than 100%, resulting in death everytime, that is then gradually reduced as more targets are moved into range. Once you have 6 targets in, it becomes survivable when your HP is completely full, but it's still really easy to die. 7 targets provided some lee way.

FFXI JP Twitter is already taking your video strategy and theorizing adding BST to the mix, for additional bodies, killer instinct, and defense down bonus
By SimonSes 2021-03-18 10:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I understood your idea from last post, but it sounds more like guessing what happened. Lets see if you can replicate that.

EDIT: I mean in your post from 2021-03-16 everyone (beside you) got hit by a lot more with 6 targets, than in your last post showing damage with 5 targets (the one that killed 3 ppl). Which is against your hypothesis.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-03-18 11:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I understood your idea from last post, but it sounds more like guessing what happened. Lets see if you can replicate that.

EDIT: I mean in your post from 2021-03-16 everyone (beside you) got hit by a lot more with 6 targets, than in your last post showing damage with 5 targets (the one that killed 3 ppl). Which is against your hypothesis.
The entire group was on different jobs for that attempt, and it was a re-entry after getting Mboze down to 10% then wiping/timing out. I have less HP on RUN, and I also had a fresh stoneskin up. Which is the only reason I survived at all. Rejiin for example, is on WAR here, in full sakapta's. He's got a lot more HP than on SAM.

As we used GEO on the first try, we did not have one this time, and only 6 targets were in range. Further everyone but Martel had just been hit by an AoE melee hit, reducing HP below max. The positing could have been better.
Code
[23:31:38]Mboze hits Irritant for 189 points of damage.
[23:31:38]Mboze hits Arduwyn for 195 points of damage.
[23:31:38]Mboze hits Ashraya for 513 points of damage.
[23:31:38]Mboze hits Rejiin for 159 points of damage.
[23:31:38]Mboze hits Shred for 255 points of damage.
[23:31:38]Mboze hits Martel for 0 points of damage.

[23:31:43]Mboze readies Tiiimbeeer.
[23:31:43]Martel's Stoneskin effect wears off.
[23:31:43]Mboze uses Tiiimbeeer.Irritant takes 1742 points of damage.
[23:31:43]Arduwyn takes 1802 points of damage.
[23:31:43]Ashraya takes 1896 points of damage.
[23:31:43]Rejiin takes 2682 points of damage.
[23:31:43]Shred takes 2207 points of damage.
[23:31:43]Martel takes 2250 points of damage.
[23:31:43]Irritant was defeated by Mboze.
[23:31:43]Arduwyn was defeated by Mboze.
[23:31:43]Ashraya was defeated by Mboze.
[23:31:43]Rejiin was defeated by Mboze.
[23:31:43]Shred was defeated by Mboze.
5 seconds between a melee hit that hit people for 159~513, then Timber. Nore cures in between. No WHM no no PLD, so no AoE cures... So it's likely that no one but Martel was at 100% HP when Timber hit.

I don't see anything about this that invalidates the current hypothesis.

Lets see if you can replicate that.
I won't be replicating anything. I'm quite done with Mboze. We are moving on to working on Bumba, and it's questionable if I will ever fight that damn tree again.
By SimonSes 2021-03-18 11:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I won't be replicating anything. I'm quite done with Mboze. We are moving on to working on Bumba, and it's questionable if I will ever fight that damn tree again.

Fair enough :D
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-18 11:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

They are going to end up nerfing Mboze again because nearly nobody is going to waste segments attempting +15, and grinding lower levels is absurd and not even worth the grind.

Or they are going to implement a point conversion system so you can spam something easy like v15 Bee and use points on Tree.
By SimonSes 2021-03-18 11:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
They are going to end up nerfing Mboze again because nearly nobody is going to waste segments attempting +15, and grinding lower levels is absurd and not even worth the grind.

If Martel's hypothesis is true, you just use GEO, BST, DRG and it should be a cake.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-03-18 12:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If Martel's hypothesis is true, you just use GEO, BST, DRG and it should be a cake.
Although the DRG will probably need to use Naegling and go all Savage DRG. I think piercing damage is resisted pretty badly.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-18 12:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

As one of the few who sees some real promise for a few of those Bunzi pieces once augmented, thanks for the testing of Mboze- we appreciate your sacrifies^^
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-18 12:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we all see how insane at least that Bunzi Rod is when fully augmented. Finding a BST worth a damn to join for some runs is a different issue altogether.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-18 12:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we all see how insane at least that Bunzi Rod is when fully augmented. Finding a BST worth a damn to join for some runs is a different issue altogether.

I do always forget about the weapons, but yes, its gonna be quite good and freeing.

Honestly I was thinking a lot about the feet and hands, possibly body.
By SimonSes 2021-03-18 12:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Although the DRG will probably need to use Naegling and go all Savage DRG. I think piercing damage is resisted pretty badly.

Oh I was thinking about Naegling by default. Naegling build on DRG is on par with Trishula (not counting skillchains and skillchains dont do much in this fight I think).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-18 12:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

I do always forget about the weapons, but yes, its gonna be quite good and freeing.

Honestly I was thinking a lot about the feet and hands, possibly body.

I wanted to like that armor so badly but only one of my jobs can use it (RDM), so I will stick with what I have and malignance. Really wish GEO was on it but whatever. We got the club at least.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-03-18 12:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
As one of the few who sees some real promise for a few of those Bunzi pieces once augmented, thanks for the testing of Mboze- we appreciate your sacrifies^^
Hopefully, others trying this will see the same reduced timber damage, and start having a less godawful experience with it. Bringing a few pet jobs could trivialize Timber if the damage continues to decrease with more targets.

Or they are going to implement a point conversion system so you can spam something easy like v15 Bee and use points on Tree.
Weeeelll. If you want to augment Nyame, you'll have do V15 tree eventually. Cause we had V15 in everything except tree, and bumba V0 cleared, but we didn't get a V 1~5 option for Bumba at all until we cleared Mboze V15. <,<;; EDIT:Conflicting reports and I didn't see the lack of a V5 option directly.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-18 12:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeeelll. If you want to augment Nyame, you'll have do V15 tree eventually. Cause we had V15 in everything except tree, and bumba V0 cleared, but we didn't get a V 1~5 option for Bumba at all until we cleared Mboze V15. <,<;;

Does it seriously work like that for Atonement 4? ><
oh my god please no...

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2021-03-18 12:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeeelll. If you want to augment Nyame, you'll have do V15 tree eventually. Cause we had V15 in everything except tree, and bumba V0 cleared, but we didn't get a V 1~5 option for Bumba at all until we cleared Mboze V15. <,<;;

Does it seriously work like that for Atonement 4? ><
oh my god please no...

Bruteforcing one v15 Mboze clear should be easy tho? Just throw SP DDs on it, die, recover, throw DDs on it again, times up, go with pet/ranger jobs and finish remaining HP with SMN and ranged damage? (Thats all assuming you dont have right setup to go with 9+ targets and reduce Tiiimbeeer, assuming it works).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-18 12:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless they deliberately made Atonement 4 different for augmenting. Would make sense if they forced you to beat the highest level bosses in A3 before they would allow you to augment A4.
By SimonSes 2021-03-18 12:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
Pretty sure it doesn't. You should have access for Veng+1-5 on Bumba if you have Veng+5 on A3's.

For sure you dont need V15 Mboze to get Bumba V5. People from my LS cleared Bumba V5 few hours after update and they didnt have Mboze V15.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-03-18 12:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure it doesn't. You should have access for Veng+1-5 on Bumba if you have Veng+5 on A3's.

For sure you dont need V15 Mboze to get Bumba V5. People from my LS cleared Bumba V5 few hours after update and they didnt have Mboze V15.
Hmm, If that's true then Ejiin told me wrong. He said he checked Bumba for V5 before our V15 Mboze attempts and there was only a V0 option.

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2021-03-18 12:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, If that's true then Ejiin told me wrong. He said he checked Bumba for V5 before our V15 Mboze attempts and there was only a V0 option.

He wanted to motivate you :)
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-03-18 20:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

All 6 T3 cleared at V15, will post strats we used at some point. Tree/Timbre dmg is definitely number of targets it hits, rampart does nothing?

Edit: Seems to take 95% of your Max HP (and pets/lupon might lower that)

Edit: (needs more testing but) "Formula might be something like: 160% - (10% x (number of targets of their Max HP)" (Mischief)

So 7 targets would bring it to about 90%-95%?
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-19 03:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
All 6 T3 cleared at V15, will post strats we used at some point. Tree/Timbre dmg is definitely number of targets it hits, rampart does nothing.

Edit: Seems to take 95% of your Max HP (and pets/lupon might lower that)

Edit: (needs more testing but) "Formula might be something like: 160% - (10% x (number of targets of their Max HP)" (Mischief)

So 7 targets would bring it to about 90%-95%?

It needs to be less then 160% at start or more reduction per person, because with 5 people Rejiin was hit by 1991 and his max hp was 2124, Shred was hit for 1737 with max hp of 1853, both of which are ~93.7% and thats with 5 targets.

With 7 targets Rejiin got hit by 1436 with I think 1931maxHP (WS set) and Shred by 1274 with 1789maxHP. Martel by 2033 with 2692maxHP which are numbers around 71~75%max hp. So it looks more like 10~12%maxHP reduction per person and starts around 145~150%.
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 238 239 240