Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 238 239 240
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-15 12:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odyssey has been so riddled with bugs, you can't even tell what's intentional or not.

Inb4 a "Bumba" nerf due to one of its moves doing too much damage.
[+]
By Haziko 2021-03-15 12:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
We've yet to have Bumba use Denounce and we've done it several times. No spell debuffs and just pay attention to whatever skill chain is doing damage vs. healing and adjust. The fight is over in 2 mins if that.

Are you referring to just V0?

Have done it on SAM without Yaeg generally four stepping him to death and adjusting based on 1 hour animation. Haven't seen Denounce yet, and assuming that Kasha never paralyzed him (never saw a reference to paralysis in the log). Never healed on a skillchain or popped fetters either because would adjust based on 1 hour.

Based on that, can at least confirm that nothing triggered Denounce, and he didn't live long enough to use it based on any delays/time elapsed. He did spam Dispels, though. Incredibly agitating when combined with the knockback.
By Wyrmnax 2021-03-15 12:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So, just got access to nyame...

But I can only afford 1 piece right now.

And as such, I have been debating what pieces are useful for what jobs unaugmented.

Though it would be a decent discussion to have. Anyone care to chime in?

For WAR, you have what is probably BiS legs and hands for WS once augmented, but other than that its mostly sidegradeable armor. And with no augments, you got... nothing, I guess.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-15 12:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Unaugmented, it's mostly only useful for jobs that don't have any other good MEVA armor at all, like DRG. RUN can also get use out of a few pieces for MEVA swaps.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By alamihgo 2021-03-15 14:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone seen A3 NM use their aura move more than once on v10 and more than twice on v15? I have a theory that the NMs in v10 stock only one use of their signature move and v15 stocks two (one on spawn, one below 50%).
By Guyford 2021-03-15 14:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

alamihgo said: »
Has anyone seen A3 NM use their aura move more than once on v10 and more than twice on v15? I have a theory that the NMs in v10 stock only one use of their signature move and v15 stocks two (one on spawn, one below 50%).
Yes, have observed twice on +5 and +10, but not more than that.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-03-15 14:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ongo has used it 3 times on v10 for us
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-15 15:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

On my V0 Ongo run, it used it twice.
By SimonSes 2021-03-15 15:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
We just had a drg doing stardiver, cor doing savage blade, brd doing rudra's and run doing dimidation. Focus wasn't on doing skill chains, just spike damage.

2 of those WSs apply debuff tho. So either it doesnt matter, or it was resisting them.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Guyford 2021-03-15 17:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did Mboze +5, timber still wrecked everyone in range, 3.4k to sam, 5.5k to run with EA and scherzo. Managed to kite it, rebuff, and kill it anyway, didn't use again idk if we got lucky or what but...
Edit: Worth noting that sam was caught in ws gear too, so not sure whats going on with dmg still.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-15 18:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »
Just did Mboze +5, timber still wrecked everyone in range, 3.4k to sam, 5.5k to run with EA and scherzo. Managed to kite it, rebuff, and kill it anyway, didn't use again idk if we got lucky or what but...
Edit: Worth noting that sam was caught in ws gear too, so not sure whats going on with dmg still.

Not sure what this means, but apparently there is a damage condition. What does "eye star" mean, blind?

edit: funny, JP posts are saying "oh great, if we don't die from the damage, we will die from doom". Lol
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-03-16 01:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I... Lived. For a little bit anyway.

I'll go over the conditions to the extent I can recall them.

This was actually a V15 re-entry attempt after a previous failed run that left the mob at 10%. But our B-Team jobs.. well. Most of them are B-team for a reason. And it never even used Timber on the first attempt. We just had a fetter mishap and the SAM died. Killed our time.

I was RUN, since I entered as PLD previously.

Buffs that I can recall. Flabra x3, Pro,Shell,Aquaveil, Stoneskin, Valliance, One for all, Mightyguard, Regen, Embrava, adloquium, and oddly, Windstorm II.

It does appear the Timber dmg is significantly lower now, but it still pretty much kills everyone. Except for me... once. It does appear though that timber now generally hits slightly higher than you max HP. Except this time. Where I got hit less. And lived.

Ejiin thinks it's the stoneskin I had up that let me live. Which is.. possible. It is one of the buffs that only I had up at the time. We all had valiance and one for all, but only I lived. Even though tanks usually take the most damage.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-16 04:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they changed some properties of Tiiimbeeer? Maybe now it's earth-element alligned like all other Tiiimbeeer from Yggdreants?

Given that we don't know what specifically they changed, I think we need to consider our previous tests moot and have to restart from zero.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-03-16 06:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the move have a slashing damage trigger perhaps?

I know it's a dumb idea, but the move *is* called tiiimbeeer... Like a lumberjack yelling after he just felled a tree
[+]
By Haziko 2021-03-16 09:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Does the move have a slashing damage trigger perhaps?

I know it's a dumb idea, but the move *is* called tiiimbeeer... Like a lumberjack yelling after he just felled a tree

I need this to be true.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-03-16 14:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nuance said: »
This is not really a guide but it's what we've accomplished thus far and how we did it. It's a node so some stuff is just labeled as WIP

Node 438

We used something similar for Lion, Bee and Dino as well, a bit different but theme is the same.

This lag fixed helped a lot, we had gotten Dino/Lion done on v15, and all the others at least to V10 (V5 tree) before the fix but it was terrible as hell to do. Now the only one we have n't V15 yet is the tree. I'll post our setups/strats for all of them after we try the tree tonight. Maybe if Xiu or Misc feel like it, they'll video some of the fights when we redo them too.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-03-16 22:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to provide confirmation on something incase it hadn't already been posted for those curious:

If party leader does not have access to Monberoux but one of their party members does and the leader summons him, it's the unpaid version of Monberoux.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-17 03:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone with Bunzi Head confirm it gives no AGI at all and that the fact AGI is missing in the description is not an error?
It's not present in the JP description either so I think it's probably not an error.

Still pretty strange, there aren't many recent ilevel heads without AGI, unless I'm forgetting something.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-03-17 06:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Can someone with Bunzi Head confirm it gives no AGI at all and that the fact AGI is missing in the description is not an error?
It's not present in the JP description either so I think it's probably not an error.

Still pretty strange, there aren't many recent ilevel heads without AGI, unless I'm forgetting something.
[+]
 Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-03-17 06:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

A bit off topic, but is anyone else experiencing the mimic rate for keys having significantly dropped since the last update? Before it was ~37.5% after the nerf, but now it's dropped back down to almost zero. I am doing full zone clears almost everyday now using living keys.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-17 06:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »

As I suspected.
Thanks Hya!
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-17 22:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So, after trying V10 Ongo where we didn't get it below 66% and nukes were capping out at 10k despite top tier sets and buffs, and that video showing 30-40k nukes, I'm almost convinced that multi-step SCs are absolutely required. It's not a magic accuracy issue because we tried Stymie Frazzle III and Bolster Focus, with zero change in damage.

Skillchains have a neat little bonus of reducing the resistance rank of the elements its associated with by 1 level during the magic burst window, and it stacks with multi-step SCs. As such, a Gravitation > Darkness > Darkness SC would lower earth resistance by 2 levels after the second SC, and 3 levels after the third. Maybe that's the secret to their damage.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-03-17 22:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
So, after trying V10 Ongo where we didn't get it below 66% and nukes were capping out at 10k despite top tier sets and buffs, and that video showing 30-40k nukes, I'm almost convinced that multi-step SCs are absolutely required. It's not a magic accuracy issue because we tried Stymie Frazzle III and Bolster Focus, with zero change in damage.

Skillchains have a neat little bonus of reducing the resistance rank of the elements its associated with by 1 level during the magic burst window, and it stacks with multi-step SCs. As such, a Gravitation > Darkness > Darkness SC would lower earth resistance by 2 levels after the second SC, and 3 levels after the third. Maybe that's the secret to their damage.

You definitely don't need a multistep to hit high magic bursts. Ejin and Martel cleared it the other day on 10 and 15 with just a RNG opening for the SCH to close Scission with Geohelix, and then the BLM and GEO magic bursting 2-3 spells each burst. With gambit/rayke up I think his BLM was hitting ~60k Stone VI, without gambit/rayke I think closer to 20k.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-03-17 22:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

We LIIIIIIIVED!

And we beat V15. Finally. *** this tree.

And I'm never augmenting any of this, but now I can. lol.

So, We were trying two things today.

First was that were trying to see if we could reduce the damage with Rampart.

And the second was trying to have everyone in AoE range. Partly cause we had some canopierce deaths on another attempt, and part to see if it might help with Timber.

We actually saw timber twice, and the first one still killed most of us. But we did have some survivors.
Code
[21:25:01]Mboze readies Tiiimbeeer.
[21:25:01]Mboze uses Tiiimbeeer.Rejiin takes 1991 points of damage.
[21:25:01]Ashraya takes 1636 points of damage.
[21:25:01]Martel takes 2718 points of damage.
[21:25:01]Irritant takes 1590 points of damage.
[21:25:01]Shred takes 1737 points of damage.
[21:25:01]Rejiin was defeated by Mboze.
[21:25:01]Ashraya was defeated by Mboze.
[21:25:01]Martel was defeated by Mboze.

This one actually hit me like 100 less than my max HP.. I just wasn't topped off when it hit.

And... I forgot to bring my WHM alt in range, so this one was hitting 6 targets. 5 players and a Luopan.

We recovered and tried again, and then we all lived through that second Timber. That one was with 7 targets in range.

And the damage difference was stark. 2033 vs 2718 on Martel. This went from barely survivable, to quite survivable.

We had rampart up for both, and while it was cool for all the other TP moves... I'm honestly not sure it was doing anything. The amount of damage I was taking on previous attempts with 5~6 targets in range has been extremely similar to the damage I took on the first Timber today. I think I have some logs of like a 2.8~3k That I don't think I had rampart up for.

If Ramparts 25% reduction was working, That 2800 should have been a 2100... And that wasn't happening. So I don't think rampart was taking effect. Or was nerfed in potency somehow.

So I think that the key here is to have 6~7 or more targets in range, and stay fully topped off. Regen should be very useful to help make sure HP is full. Also, stoneskin does appear to reduce the damage taken. So that's another potential way to survive once the dmg is low enough.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-17 23:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »

You definitely don't need a multistep to hit high magic bursts. Ejin and Martel cleared it the other day on 10 and 15 with just a RNG opening for the SCH to close Scission with Geohelix, and then the BLM and GEO magic bursting 2-3 spells each burst. With gambit/rayke up I think his BLM was hitting ~60k Stone VI, without gambit/rayke I think closer to 20k.

If someone doesn't mind sharing their Ongo 10/15 strategy/video, would be appreciated. There's some hidden damage wall mechanic that I'm not sure how to remove it. Wiki says the damage mechanic is dropped by proccing but I don't know if that's accurate.
By Wyrmnax 2021-03-18 07:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone calculated how long / how many runs it will take to fully augment a single piece of t3 gear?

Because.... it looks like it is a ridiculous time gate....
By Taint 2021-03-18 07:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Wyrmnax said: »
Anyone calculated how long / how many runs it will take to fully augment a single piece of t3 gear?

Because.... it looks like it is a ridiculous time gate....

First run is 0
+5 is 68
+10 is 192
+15 is 392

13060 - 260 = 12800/ 392 = 32.65

So 36 runs.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-18 08:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats Martel for the win, I'm not sure I get the whole logic behind the "let's stay in range of Timber".
Does its damage really get reduced according to number of targets being hit?
You sure it's not just a coincidence or something else?
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 238 239 240