Dear SE
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 12 13
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-09 09:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I've known most of my linkshell's current members for over 10 years. We talk politics, current events, FFXI, game releases, how everyone else's life is going. We enjoy these conversations, and genuinely want the best for each other in game and in life. When someone quits or takes a break, they're still on the discord every day keeping up with the rest of us. We've had people traveling hundreds of miles to make each others' major life events.

Yes, we've had transient members. If they don't fit in conversationally, are immature, annoying, they end up gone pretty quickly. The people remaining are a joy to be around.

The idea that you 'run out of conversation topics' or whatever in a static is entirely laughable. That's like saying you cannot have long term friends because they will get boring. Your problem isn't with a static, it's with the quality of people in statics you've been in, or the quality of your own conversation.

But yea, (Johnydipshit) crying about how he's 0/121 on the drop you're trying for to preemptively guilt everyone else about lotting against him is the apex of social interaction on FFXI. Get real.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2019-11-09 10:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Half your linkshell moved to Asura

Don't see how this even a problem. If people want to leave then leave. Let others play with their 5-10 remaining friends and stop attacking people making different life choices.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-09 10:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

Don't see how this even a problem. If people want to leave then leave. Let others play with their 5-10 remaining friends and stop attacking people making different life choices.

I missed this because I had him blocked, but it's not even true. I just asked discord and we can't think of a single person who moved to Asura while in the linkshell. Maybe some went there after being removed and left that out of their side of why they left, but we can't think of a single name that fits that either.

It isn't really anyone's business, but in the interest of being upfront, a bunch of members went to Fenrir around 2011 when I quit if you want to go back that far. A couple more went to Shiva around 2013-2014 when there was a content lapse and we weren't very active.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-09 10:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

My 'right hand man'? I've had four people that I'd consider to fit that title since I started playing.

Artek: Went MIA around 2010. Never came back to the game.

Kychuli: Hasn't played in a couple years. Inactive on Leviathan. I still talk to him on discord at least once a month.

Kidnoftle: Went to Shiva when I wasn't playing. Talked within the past few months, played some Overwatch together. He doesn't actively play, though the topic of reactivating and coming to Leviathan came up a few months ago.

Mick/Acuzio: Still on Leviathan and active.

I'm guessing you're referring to Cair, because he was in my linkshell when you were(almost a decade ago)? He moved to Fenrir in 2011 and we've barely talked since. But, whatever suits your narrative.
[+]
By Afania 2019-11-09 10:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Afania said: »

I missed this because I had him blocked, but it's not even true.

It's alright, I wouldn't be bothered with what he said about things. Everything he said about me on the last page is pretty much describing himself.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-09 10:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You are referencing people from 2010, when you were in the linkshell, based on memory. You have not named a single person who actually moved, and nobody in my linkshell can think of anyone who's moved either.

If they left my linkshell before the population disparity occured, and later ended up on Asura, that is not relevant in any way. But, this just feels like a desperate attempt to turn a personal anecdote into a supporting argument.
By Afania 2019-11-09 10:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You are referencing people from 2010, when you were in the linkshell, based on memory. You have not named a single person who actually moved, and nobody in my linkshell can think of anyone who's moved either.

If they left my linkshell before the population disparity occured, and later ended up on Asura, that is not relevant in any way. But, this just feels like a desperate attempt to turn a personal anecdote into a supporting argument.

He probably doesn't even know Asura being the 2500 people server was a very recent thing, lol. It only had like, roughly 1k pop in 2015.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 11:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

For those who hate to read, skip this.

Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-09 11:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't think any amount of merge would really fix the AH problem. Short of taking like 5 each and jamming them together.
I think its more of a shield problem. They are obscene and required! No regular players can bother with that ***.

But the pickup scene is deader than *** and the people not in that scene don't care. They can't put themselves in your position. No empathy
By Artsncrafts 2019-11-09 11:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I've known most of my linkshell's current members for over 10 years. We talk politics, current events, FFXI, game releases, how everyone else's life is going. We enjoy these conversations, and genuinely want the best for each other in game and in life. When someone quits or takes a break, they're still on the discord every day keeping up with the rest of us. We've had people traveling hundreds of miles to make each others' major life events.

Yes, we've had transient members. If they don't fit in conversationally, are immature, annoying, they end up gone pretty quickly. The people remaining are a joy to be around.

The idea that you 'run out of conversation topics' or whatever in a static is entirely laughable. That's like saying you cannot have long term friends because they will get boring. Your problem isn't with a static, it's with the quality of people in statics you've been in, or the quality of your own conversation.

But yea, (Johnydipshit) crying about how he's 0/121 on the drop you're trying for to preemptively guilt everyone else about lotting against him is the apex of social interaction on FFXI. Get real.

Not everyone thinks the same as you, You are arguing opinion as fact.

and bringing irl into it??? How are they even comparable for real life dude... Its like having a group of friends come over every day and never getting bored of playing Pong all day every day.

And even Pong has more variance in the outcomes than ffxi lol

edit... to make this even MORE CLEAR

its not so much the people, its the lack of new content, use some common sense

MMOs, or video games in general would never have new updates if people never got bored.

If you cant even admit basic ***ilke that there is no point in going back and forth with me

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Josiahafk 2019-11-09 11:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Afa I think you broke the kid.
Looks like it. Dude is still so salty at being confronted that he’s actively deleting any comments on his front page images that don’t compliment him.

Familiar behaviour.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-09 11:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

How is it not relevant that people who could play on Leviathan, which you say is great, choose to play on Asura, which you say makes FFXI unplayable or unenjoyable due to the size? It's an entirely relevant question - these are people who used to play with you. If it was so great, surely they still would?

You are so far from the actual topic, you need a telescope. You're attempting to insult my character and drawing parallels that have no relevance. Cair and I are both the type of people who like to be in charge and have the intelligence to do so in a manner people will follow. He has no reason to come back to Leviathan, he has his own group, and we are barely acquaintances at this point. I have not said a word to him in at least 3 years, and haven't actively considered him a friend for over 5. The only person pretending he has any relevance to this topic is you.

The bar is, and has been since the start, that there are people who would be harmed by a merge. I have never stated that nobody would be helped by a merge, nor that a merge doesn't have positives for anyone. I stated that it does not have positives for me, or people in similar situations, while it does have negatives.

The people who would be positively effected by a merge all have the option to go to Asura. They could do it right now, be on Asura in less than 10 minutes, and enjoy all of those benefits immediately. The people who would be negatively effected by a merge would have no such option if a merge did occur, as their old situation would have ceased to exist.

This is not a hard concept. Nobody is telling you that Asura is bad, you're bad for being on Asura, or high population servers are the devil. We are just saying that we don't want to be merged, as it has more negatives than positives for us.

It is clear that you're incapable of identifying the argument or providing any clear point beyond your desire to be correct. It was not worth unblocking you, and I won't be doing it again even if you get back to the personal attacks.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 11:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's so bad here I have done dozens of Dynamis-D runs and have not beaten one single Wave 2 boss yet. Not because we aren't motivated or geared enough, but because we simply don't have the players to do it. Many of us should be doing wave 3 regularly, but only a couple of groups are capable of this (and their times do not suit all).
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-09 12:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
It's so bad here I have done dozens of Dynamis-D runs and have not beaten one single Wave 2 boss yet. Not because we aren't motivated or geared enough, but because we simply don't have the players to do it. Many of us should be doing wave 3 regularly, but only a couple of groups are capable of this (and their times do not suit all).

I'm conflicted on how to respond to this, because I don't want to trivialize your population problems. They are certainly real, and having more people accessible makes everything easier when you don't have enough. So, I guess consider this an off-topic excerpt rather than an argument against your perfectly valid concerns.

All wave 2 bosses have been done with 6 or less. Pretty sure all wave 3 have been done with 8. You said in your last post that you run with 6-10. With that in mind, is it really fair to say that your losses are due to solely number of players? If you were not lacking in gear or motivation, you would have absolutely beaten wave2s by now. It is not fair to expect everyone to rise to the level of the best players, but dozens of runs with 10 is easily enough to make it through wave3 as well. Something besides number of players must also be lacking.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-09 12:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

There are at least 6 groups that farm dyna and have gotten wave 3 stuff looooong ago yet still run (because new people/Volte). And I'm sure there are many I don't know about.

Wave 2 bosses are a pushover at this point. And even wave 3, it's very easy to be done in 3 runs if you can't just outright kill it. The gear available has made the event a joke.
If you have enough to fill 2 parties, you should be able to get this out of the way by Christmas.

Wave 2 and 3 really don't take much to be beaten/completed. Tuefen and I are usually enough to pretty much kill any boss if we are left alive, this may give you an idea of the firepower needed. It's nothing big, really.
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-09 12:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm conflicted on how to respond to this, because I don't want to trivialize your population problems. They are certainly real, and having more people accessible makes everything easier when you don't have enough. So, I guess consider this an off-topic excerpt rather than an argument against your perfectly valid concerns.

All wave 2 bosses have been done with 6 or less. Pretty sure all wave 3 have been done with 8. You said in your last post that you run with 6-10. With that in mind, is it really fair to say that your losses are due to solely number of players? If you were not lacking in gear or motivation, you would have absolutely beaten wave2s by now. It is not fair to expect everyone to rise to the level of the best players, but dozens of runs with 10 is easily enough to make it through wave3 as well. Something besides number of players must also be lacking.

Perhaps the understanding of proper strats?
Or proper countermeasure to handle below 50%
Such as bring a dispel brd/smn with Atomos for Windy wave 2 boss.
BoG geo barrier for Halphas.
BoG geo haste on Bastok.
Simple stuff like that can really help you beat those bosses.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-09 12:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

My bet is that they simply don't know/have the strategy. I honestly don't think they lack the firepower or even the people. They're probably comparable to the group I run with, I wouldn't expect them to achieve any less.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 12:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Half of my group runs with other groups for Dynamis-D, mainly because I cannot set up a date and time for it each week that suits all. So when I do get around to doing Dyna-D (ends up being a once per month affair) it would be unfair of me to force my LS members to stop going to these other events. So what is 6-10, is more like 2-4. And that's not exaggerating either, I've been doing Dyna-D with 3-4 of us the past two months.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-11-09 12:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

How is it not relevant that people who could play on Leviathan, which you say is great, choose to play on Asura, which you say makes FFXI unplayable or unenjoyable due to the size? It's an entirely relevant question - these are people who used to play with you. If it was so great, surely they still would?

Leviathan is great. I have been with the linkshell for ~5 years or so, and I have no desire to leave. We are a tight knit group and have no issues clearing any content.

Also being a smaller server means less competition for camps, less waits on entering fights such as Odin/Lilith. Who wants to waste their game time waiting for ***?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 12:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
There are at least 6 groups that farm dyna and have gotten wave 3 stuff looooong ago yet still run (because new people/Volte). And I'm sure there are many I don't know about.

Wave 2 bosses are a pushover at this point. And even wave 3, it's very easy to be done in 3 runs if you can't just outright kill it. The gear available has made the event a joke.
If you have enough to fill 2 parties, you should be able to get this out of the way by Christmas.

Wave 2 and 3 really don't take much to be beaten/completed. Tuefen and I are usually enough to pretty much kill any boss if we are left alive, this may give you an idea of the firepower needed. It's nothing big, really.

Tuefen's group and perhaps one other are the only groups I know that can do it, but they don't suit my times. Either it's too early, or it's 3-4am and we're tired by then.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-09 12:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, to reiterate what Kylos is saying - many of the people who say Levi and Cerb and tiny servers are fine are speaking solely from an NA or 24/7 player perspective. It has always been hard to play FFXI as an EU player due to 95% of English speaking Linkshells running in NA time, and even harder being from the UK because there were also French, German, Italian and Spanish linkshells where they don't speak English. As dead as those servers are in NA time, they are 10x as empty in EU time.
I guess Cerberus having a Linkshell that runs in EU primetime and that has gotten everything from Dyna D and that is STILL running would completely ***all over your argument.

Well, good thing there is actually one. Most people who are in it aren't 24/7 players and NA people are a minority.
As far as I know there is little to no drama related to the people in it, so no reason not to join it.

Oh, it also runs Omen, successfully obviously with the gear available now.
For the people who wish to be social, they can even run Ambuscade almost every day. Oh, and HTB too.

I'm all too familiar with how difficult it is to be EU and playing this game, especially during EU time. But Cerberus happens to have this option available. And if people wished it, I'm pretty sure it'd be possible to add some Aeonic farm on the off days or maybe even weekends.

The state of those tiny servers, I swear.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-09 12:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Tuefen's group and perhaps one other are the only groups I know that can do it, but they don't suit my times. Either it's too early, or it's 3-4am and we're tired by then.
Yeah, either 20:00 GMT+1 (19:00 UK) or 3/4 in the morning. We've all been facing the same thing haha.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 12:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, either 20:00 GMT+1 (19:00 UK) or 3/4 in the morning. We've all been facing the same thing haha.

That EU LS runs too early for us. We've had offers to join some events before, we're not sitting here silently you know. Also you know we don't need Omen, we do that every week and am almost finished (just Ou stuff that never drops). We've also farmed enough Aeonics to not need anymore. It's just Dyna-D really, but finding a set time and date is super tough when everyone already has a group, or the groups schedules don't suit us.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 12 13