Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac Is Extra

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac is extra
Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac is extra
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 47 48 49
By Viciouss 2019-11-02 17:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey fone, Happy Anniversary! 11/2/16 baby!
By fonewear 2019-11-02 17:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Remind me in 108 years when the Cubs win it again.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-11-02 18:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
You do realize this Vindman guy was kicked out of his inside thw White House detail BECAUSE he was an outed leaker right?
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-02 18:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, no source for that conspiracy? Shocking.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-02 19:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
fonewear said: »
Mostly it is just people arguing with Nausi.

If Nausi stopped posting Vic and his protege would probably go *** on some other forum.
If Nausi was gone, savael and Rav would probably step up to take his place on that side of each argument.

they've both blocked people they don't agree with though, so you might have a point.

Its fun to to watch them try to deny this.

Yeah, the only reason you defend Oz is because he's the only guy who seems to care what you have to say. It's the same reason you struggled to ever say anything bad about CJ when everyone else knew he was insane. Birds of a feather fly together, I guess.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-02 19:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't spent a lot of time defending Oz, he doesn't need that much defending. He isn't spreading conspiracies the way you guys are. They get more ridiculous by the day. Now it's "Vindman is an outed leaker." Baseless.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-02 19:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanna hear an ever better conspiracy? "Trump-Russia Collusion". Sure glad you guys haven't been spreading that conspiracy around for years. Clearly, conspiracies are only for the Right.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-02 19:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

But hey, can't blame you for believing everything the media tells you. They're fact-checking everything out there, especially jokes and memes. I'm pretty sure they're all owned by Amelia Bedelia.

Speaking of which, it's been a while since I've shared a Bee article.

Media Scrambles To Fact-Check Image Of Trump Riding Hero Dog Into Massive Space Battle

Quote:
U.S.—Trump recently shared a meme that showed him riding the "Hero Dog" into a space battle against several deadly threats from among the stars.

"AMERICAN HERO!" Trump tweeted when he posted the image, along with a winky face. The picture shows Trump fending off myriad threats, from Dune's gigantic sandworm and the Beast from beloved 1983 classic Krull to a Cylon Basestar and a Xenomorph.

Trump thought the image would be taken in a light-hearted manner, but he couldn't have been more wrong.

A red light began blaring in the offices of The New York Times as soon as the image was posted. "Looks like we've got a live one, boys," said one editor. "Err--I mean, non-gender-conforming persons. Let's fact-check this puppy." An army of fact-checkers then got to work, running the image through advanced fact-checking software. The Times recently had a huge supercomputer installed for this purpose, and they put it to work.

Sure enough, many of the pixels seemed not to line up quite right, plus fact-checkers discovered that several elements of the image were entirely fictional.

"The presence of a Cylon Basestar in the image casts doubt on its authenticity right away," said Bart Tucker, head fact-checker at The Washington Post. "We were also able to trace the image of the sandworm to the cover of Avalon Hill's 1979 board game Dune, so we can discredit that element of the space battle in any case."

Further historical research suggested that nearly every element of the picture was fake, from TIE fighters and the Death Star to the looming Borg Cube.

"This president is trying to mislead the people with this meme," said a CNN spokesperson. "We are only OK with politicians who mislead people with regards to the effects of their healthcare policies or their Native American heritage, not presidents who tell jokes and have fun."
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-02 19:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Wanna hear an ever better conspiracy? "Trump-Russia Collusion". Sure glad you guys haven't been spreading that conspiracy around for years. Clearly, conspiracies are only for the Right.

Right back to deflection huh? This is why I never bothered with tamping down on CJ, unless he was calling for violence.
By Viciouss 2019-11-02 19:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
You do realize this Vindman guy was kicked out of his inside thw White House detail BECAUSE he was an outed leaker right?

Back on topic then, this is fake. There is no source, and as far as I can tell, Vindman still occupies his position on the NSC inside the WH. He has never been kicked off any detail and he has never been outed as a leaker. There is also zero evidence he has any connections to Burisma, nor any other potential conflicts of interest. All attacks on his character have been baseless. Its just the standard deflection. Can't challenge his testimony, so attack his character.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-02 19:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Right back to deflection huh? This is why I never bothered with tamping down on CJ, unless he was calling for violence.

It's not deflection, genius. You called us out by saying that we have been "spreading conspiracies" unlike Oz, even though he has come out and said that he still believes in Trump-Russia collusion. Me pointing out that you guys have all been doing the same for years is icing on the cake.

At this point, every time you cry "deflection" is just another way of you saying that I'm right and that you don't want to admit it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-02 19:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, what you said about CJ makes no sense. You call Nausi out on every little thing he says, but CJ claims that there are millions of KKK members and you don't say a word because reasons?
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-02 19:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, what you said about CJ makes no sense. You call Nausi out on every little thing he says, but CJ claims that there are millions of KKK members and you don't say a word because reasons?

I don't keep up with the KKK numbers. They could have a million people I have no idea.

Also, pretty much every time a new baseless conspiracy pops up and gets called out, which is pretty much every hour, you guys just justify it by crying Russia. Its time to come up with a new tactic. Like maybe stop allowing your side to spread conspiracies.
By Viciouss 2019-11-02 19:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Another thing, I let CJ go because you guys just let nausi and Saevel go. They cancelled each other out as far as I was concerned.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-02 20:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't keep up with the KKK numbers. They could have a million people I have no idea.

Also, pretty much every time a new baseless conspiracy pops up and gets called out, which is pretty much every hour, you guys just justify it by crying Russia. Its time to come up with a new tactic. Like maybe stop allowing your side to spread conspiracies.

You're right. I should just let Trump-Russia collusion go. It was only several years of hyper saturation and endless accusations that we heard about every day that ended up going absolutely nowhere. But Nausi claiming something about a guy that you knew absolutely nothing about a few days ago is TOTALLY THE WORST THING EVER OMGZ.
[+]
By Josiahafk 2019-11-02 20:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I let CJ and skull mock/pettiness-spam each side without pestering them because I know when to pick my battles.

At least vic/rav/sav/jp will put more effort into their replies.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-02 20:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahafk said: »

Wait, who's jp?
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-02 20:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right. I should just let Trump-Russia collusion go. It was only several years of hyper saturation and endless accusations that we heard about every day that ended up going absolutely nowhere. But Nausi claiming something about a guy that you knew absolutely nothing about a few days ago is TOTALLY THE WORST THING EVER OMGZ.

You talking about Benghazi?
By Viciouss 2019-11-02 20:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, who's jp?

Jeanpaul.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-11-02 20:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

A conspiracy doesn't make it as far as an official FBI investigation, but since you are deflecting I'll educate you on this. The investigation found that the Russians did in fact exert influence into our election, numerous members of the Trump administration were indicted and/or pleaded guilty, and they found 10 instances where Trump attempted to obstruct the investigation.

There was never any evidence found that linked Trump directly to the Russian election hacking, maybe he did...maybe he didn't. We now know he is willing due to the evidence piling up against him about the Ukraine Quid Pro Quo debacle. One of the stupidest things Trump did was admit to it on TV.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-02 20:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, who's jp?

Jeanpaul.

Oh right, new-ish guy. I just hadn't put an acronym to a face yet. He's a little hyper-aggressive, but at least tries to make a good point.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-02 20:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting. A little birdy told me that Oz is still trying to talk at me directly. Does he not know how blocking works or does he need someone to educate him on that too?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-11-02 20:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting. A little birdy told me that Oz is still trying to talk at me directly. Does he not know how blocking works or does he need someone to educate him on that too?

I know exactly how blocking works, and also how *saying* that you are blocking someone works. Do you know how it works? It means I can still see what you write, but you can't see what I write. Does this "little birdy" reeeeally exist?
By Josiahafk 2019-11-02 20:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like he doesn't seem to care that you blocked him. But how odd that a little birdy decided to go against your wishes and bring his dialogue to you anyway.

I wouldn't advise going around the system like that miss/mrs fowls, since mods here can misconstrue that as harassment if it's repetitive.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-02 20:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

There are no mods, just us idiots.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-02 21:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like he doesn't seem to care that you blocked him. But how odd that a little birdy decided to go against your wishes and bring his dialogue to you anyway.

I wouldn't advise going around the system like that miss/mrs fowls, since mods here can misconstrue that as harassment if it's repetitive.

?

Yeah, I'm sure the mods who are totally here all the time are super concerned with me being able to "go around the system" for a block that I placed.

And yes, I get PMs frequently about assorted topics. It's nice to have friends.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-11-02 21:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

?

Yeah, I'm sure the mods who are totally here all the time are super concerned with me being able to "go around the system" for a block that I placed.

And yes, I get PMs frequently about assorted topics. It's nice to have friends.

So you blocked me because you didn't want to see my posts, but are grateful to other posters because they PM you my posts. Gotcha!
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-02 21:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

And Josi, I like you and all, but the centrist P&R policeman schtick is getting a little old. You weren't always like that, so I'm not sure why you suddenly decided to take on the role and pretend like you're someone else.
[+]
By Josiahafk 2019-11-02 22:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

And Josi, I like you and all, but the centrist P&R policeman schtick is getting a little old. You weren't always like that, so I'm not sure why you suddenly decided to take on the role and pretend like you're someone else.
I'm not pretending.

I've seen (enough valid points and enough corruption) firsthand from both sides of your system (and internationally) to no longer support either side exclusively.

My time is better spent supporting the effort that creates genuine discussion and open minded thinking between them both, ideally so others can also see valid points from both sides, when presented with them.

it's very interesting psychologically how our nature defaults with behaviors like this, and how much effort is needed to change or resist these defaults. I'd be happy to share articles going into this kind of thing if anyone ends up interested later.

Reason helps humans better exploit their uniquely rich social environment.

This interactionist interpretation explains why reason may have evolved and how it fits with other cognitive mechanisms. It makes sense of strengths and weaknesses that have long puzzled philosophers and psychologists—why reason is biased in favor of what we already believe, why it may lead to terrible ideas and yet is indispensable to spreading good ones.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-11-02 23:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

?
I was referring to the general idea of "hey I noticed this person blocked this person and I'm going to message them and tell them what the person said to them anyway." type of circumvention

which is something staff here has complained at before, and I had to tell the person (messaging me requesting I go around the block for them) no
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 47 48 49