Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac Is Extra

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac is extra
Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac is extra
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49
By Nausi 2019-11-12 10:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I get a kick hearing you guys talking about "reality". You've been chasing shadows for years in your quest to end Trump, and he's so closer to being kicked out of office than he was when he started. So much for "actual events".

For progressives "reality" is that nice warm safe space inside their cities and on CNN, MSNBC and their affiliates. For these folks, including those here on this forum, feelings are more important then facts.
Reality is a social construct. If enough people say something, it becomes true.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-11-12 10:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
No evidence it was doctored exists. Thats a tin foil hat conspiracy.

Yes, there are actual people that were privy to the conversation that have testified that the WH edited out certain portions. That is called evidence.

We’ve been over this. The Us has a treaty with Ukraine which establishes our obligation to root out corruption.

There is no such thing. Can you show a source? Or is this one of those instances where others have to prove you wrong rather than you owning up to your own claim? I would love to see you show this treaty that states we have an obligation to investigate corruption in the Ukraine.
By Nausi 2019-11-12 10:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Update, all republican requests for witnesses to testify have been denied.

So much for due process in this scam.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-11-12 10:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
volkom said: »
Reading half the comments makes me wonder if you guys watch/read the same stuff. It's crazy how y'alls interpretations are so different ~ like debating what color the adaman hauberk was and then some guy comes in and says its red

The biggest difference is the media is reporting on the actual events happening, and the alt right are reporting on what they wish was happening. Reality is tough for some.
Literally the opposite.

Literally not. The kooky alt-right conspiracy theories are getting crazier and crazier. I believe what I see with my eyeballs, not some crazy "deep state" claims lol.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-11-12 10:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I get a kick hearing you guys talking about "reality". You've been chasing shadows for years in your quest to end Trump, and he's so closer to being kicked out of office than he was when he started. So much for "actual events".

How's lil' Birdy doing? Is he living up to your expectations?
By Viciouss 2019-11-12 10:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I also get a kick out of you guys making up your own reality.
By Viciouss 2019-11-12 10:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Update: This isn't true.
By Nausi 2019-11-12 10:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no such thing. Can you show a source?
https://www.congress.gov/treaty-document/106th-congress/16/document-text

I have posted this before.
Yes, there are actual people that were privy to the conversation that have testified that the WH edited out certain portions. That is called evidence.
Not portions, phrases. And these people have also testified that those phrases did not fundamentally change anyones understanding pf the call. (From your own Nyt article)

Ive gone over it before, they do not record these calls, they have a group of people take notes like a court stenographer, and then all agree on the result. No one has alleged that a senior official hand edited the transcript. Thats just nonsense.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-11-12 10:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Reading half the comments makes me wonder if you guys watch/read the same stuff. It's crazy how y'alls interpretations are so different ~ like debating what color the adaman hauberk was and then some guy comes in and says its red

The biggest difference is the media is reporting on the actual events happening, and the alt right are reporting on what they wish was happening. Reality is tough for some.
Literally the opposite.

Literally not. The kooky alt-right conspiracy theories are getting crazier and crazier. I believe what I see with my eyeballs, not some crazy "deep state" claims lol.
Weve been over this too, dems are the only group left that believe the media. Everyone else knows they’re intensely pushing a self serving agenda (and spare no expense at lying to do so).
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-12 10:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Proving my point. A "real" investigation is about information gathering. What the Democrats are doing is narrative building. They need this phase to be as controlled as possible, because as soon as the impeachment process hits the point where equal representation is guaranteed, their case is going to fall apart under cross-examination.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-11-12 10:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Proving my point. A "real" investigation is about information gathering. What the Democrats are doing is narrative building. They need this phase to be as controlled as possible, because as soon as the impeachment process hits the point where equal representation is guaranteed, their case is going to fall apart under cross-examination.
Yep. Its all about “we gotta get Blumpf.” The republic be damned.

We are in the last stages of this great democracy. Its just about time to make Ceasar emperor so it can be saved.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-11-12 10:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Not portions, phrases.

lol, what is the difference between a portion and a phrase? You just stated a little while ago that it wasn't edited. Now you are saying it was edited, but only a phrase...not a portion. This is too funny.

And these people have also testified that those phrases did not fundamentally change anyones understanding pf the call.

Riiiight, so the ones editing out the portion...or the phrase...are stating that it wasn't relative, and that should be believed? If it wasn't relative, why edit a little phrase out?
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-12 10:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Except it doesn't "prove your point" because 1. its not true and 2. The GOP submitted a garbage witness list that didn't meet the requirements issued to them. Most of those witness will be and should be denied.
Additionally, cross examination has literally occurred in every testimony so far. The Dems have released all the transcripts proving it. The narrative that you guys built about partisan hearings was never alive.
By Viciouss 2019-11-12 10:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Not portions, phrases.

lol, what is the difference between a portion and a phrase? You just stated a little while ago that it wasn't edited. Now you are saying it was edited, but only a phrase...not a portion. This is too funny.

And these people have also testified that those phrases did not fundamentally change anyones understanding pf the call.

Riiiight, so the ones editing out the portion...or the phrase...are stating that it wasn't relative, and that should be believed? If it wasn't relative, why edit a little phrase out?

Yep, nausi just admitted its not an official record. He is finally catching up.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-12 10:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

Except it doesn't "prove your point" because 1. its not true and 2. The GOP submitted a garbage witness list that didn't meet the requirements issued to them. Most of those witness will be and should be denied.
Additionally, cross examination has literally occurred in every testimony so far. The Dems have released all the transcripts proving it. The narrative that you guys built about partisan hearings was never alive.

A garbage witness list according to who? Oh yeah, the Democrat deciding what can and can't be heard. That's the definition of a partisan hearing, genius.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-12 10:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

A garbage witness list according to who? Oh yeah, the Democrat deciding what can and can't be heard. That's the definition of a partisan hearing, genius.

According to the majority that gets to set the rules. But guess what? The GOP is still going to be allowed to participate, cross examine every witness. Due process has been followed from Day 1. We have been over this and nothing has changed.

We just won't be hearing from a Fusion GPS employee that has literally nothing to do with the Trump administration. It doesn't make the process unfair.
By Viciouss 2019-11-12 11:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Another update: There is still no source for this.
By fonewear 2019-11-12 11:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Another update: There is still no source for this.
YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2019-11-12 11:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Update: This isn't true.

Update apparently no one gives a ***so *** him !
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-12 11:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Until the GOP can call any witness they want, the process is partisan. That's a concept that anyone should be able to grasp.

For example, let's say that you're on trial for a murder that you didn't commit. The only witnesses allowed to testify are ones that the prosecution has chosen. They all hate you personally and would do anything to see you behind bars, and most only have second or third-hand information to share. Also, the prosecutor is the only one allowed to release information to the media about what has gone on in the hearings.

You may end up skating anyway from lack of evidence, but the entire thing has been rigged to make you look as bad as possible. Your innocence takes a backseat to the fact that the court of public opinion has rendered judgment and your reputation is screwed.

That's basically what's going on right now in these impeachment hearings. The damage being dealt by the partisan nature of these hearings is not a byproduct, it's the sole purpose. We haven't hit the trial yet, but as this is a blatantly political process, the trial is irrelevant.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-12 11:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Try and stop me from following the impeachment hearings.

I got a big legal pad and I'm literally transcribing it as it happens.
By Viciouss 2019-11-12 11:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Once again your trying to put the GOP in the position as a defendant and the Dems in the position as the prosecution, and it still isn't the case. The GOP is part of the prosecution, whether they are willing to be or not. Every single witness thus far has been "cross examined" by the GOP, for hours and hours. The case has not even come close to falling apart.

The garbage GOP witness list had nothing to do with the case. Hunter Biden, Nellie Ohr, a Burisma board member, none of those people are relevant to the Trump effort to set up an investigation into his political opponent. There is nothing they could offer that would affect the existence of the quid pro quo. Which is why they won't be participating. We are not investigating the 2016 election, nor are we investigating the Bidens.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-12 11:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Try and stop me from following the impeachment hearings.

I got a big legal pad and I'm literally transcribing it as it happens.

So uh, how is the beastman medal market going over there?
By fonewear 2019-11-12 11:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They removed the ??? from gardens.
By Viciouss 2019-11-12 11:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
They removed the ??? from gardens.

Well, that means they are addressing the root cause of the problem. But I still don't think they will discipline any exploiters.
By Nausi 2019-11-12 11:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If the gop witnesses are garbage, then dems should want to put them on so they can tear them down so easily. But they dont, not because they’re “garbage” but because they totally blow away the case for impeachment.
By Viciouss 2019-11-12 11:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If the gop witnesses are garbage, then dems should want to put them on so they can tear them down so easily. But they dont, not because they’re “garbage” but because they totally blow away the case for impeachment.

Lol, no they don't. Nellie Ohr has nothing to contribute.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2019-11-12 12:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Not portions, phrases.

There aren’t whole sections left out, the ukraine guy never alleged there were, it amounts to “i think he mentioned X at this part” which is not in the official record.

Ill explain yet again. Pay attention this time.

The calls aren’t recorded (for obvious reasons), if you’ve ever been in a courtroom for jury duty or whatever, there are people (plural) whose job it is to listen and take notes, to compose a record of it. They don’t take verbatim notes, no one can type or write THAT fast. They short hand what happens and compose a collective transcript afterwards. Its certainly possible its not a 100% verbatim recollection of the event, i mean it’s not reasonable to think it could be when there is no recording of it.

That however doesn’t mean theres any evidence a phrase or word was edited out. Some guy claiming it was doesn’t make it so. Thats not evidence, its just his recollection.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49