Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac Is Extra

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac is extra
Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac is extra
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 47 48 49
By Viciouss 2019-11-01 14:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Reminder: There is no official record that nausi has ever linked.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-11-01 16:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

"movie reviewers as if they were talking to the ffxiah politics and religions subforum"

Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-01 16:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
CAUTION: A Memorandum of a Telephone Conversation (TELCON) is not a verbatim transcript of a discussion. The text in this document records the notes and recollections of Situation Room Duty officers and NSC policy staff assigned to listen and memorialize the conversation in written form as the conversation takes place.

Quote:
... a whistle-blower complaint referred to “the official word-for-word transcript of the call that was produced—as is customary—by the White House Situation Room,” suggesting that a verbatim transcript does exist. The complaint also noted that records of the call were closely guarded and kept out of circulation, a claim that has been substantiated by reporting since.

In three places in the transcript, an ellipsis (a series of three dots) is used. That’s typically a marking that indicates where part of a conversation has been removed. The White House says the ellipses represent places where the speaker trailed off or paused, but current and former officials told The Washington Post that standard practice in such situations is to use dashes or “[inaudible]” in such cases....
The Atlantic

.pdf of the transcript

TLDR: there is a verbatim transcript. We haven't seen it.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-01 16:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Quote:
CAUTION: A Memorandum of a Telephone Conversation (TELCON) is not a verbatim transcript of a discussion. The text in this document records the notes and recollections of Situation Room Duty officers and NSC policy staff assigned to listen and memorialize the conversation in written form as the conversation takes place.

Quote:
... a whistle-blower complaint referred to “the official word-for-word transcript of the call that was produced—as is customary—by the White House Situation Room,” suggesting that a verbatim transcript does exist. The complaint also noted that records of the call were closely guarded and kept out of circulation, a claim that has been substantiated by reporting since.

In three places in the transcript, an ellipsis (a series of three dots) is used. That’s typically a marking that indicates where part of a conversation has been removed. The White House says the ellipses represent places where the speaker trailed off or paused, but current and former officials told The Washington Post that standard practice in such situations is to use dashes or “[inaudible]” in such cases....
The Atlantic

.pdf of the transcript

TLDR: there is a verbatim transcript. We haven't seen it.

I can't wait to read that transcript. I'm going to take notes too.
By fonewear 2019-11-01 16:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I love to use ellipses...I have never have to finish a sentence...
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-01 16:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of punctuation:

Trump walked down the street exclamation point !

He put on a sweater !

He drank a diet coke !

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-01 16:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
Nausi said: »
Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
I back up all my claims with reason and evidence.

The transcript is the official record, it has not been “edited” to cover up crimes, these so called crimes do not exist and lefties can’t handle it.

Okay, provide a credible link to your source that show that the crimes do not exist.

(The transcript is the official record)
It is! I have linked it before.
Are you contesting that it isn’t? Whats your source?

Precisely my point. You make a claim, without a link or sources, and then make others disprove your claim but requiring that they cite sources. Unbelievable.

I only post Yahoo news links the most trusted name in PnR politics.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-01 17:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Newsflash this is the lowest form of "discussion" on the internet even the Youtube comments occasionally have a point.

There is no point if you guys made a point it would be a shitty one that says.

lol source or post a link or some other ***.

This is the internet not a term paper that requires citation.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-01 17:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Any links or sources posts probably aren't going to be clicked on.

But go ahead post your dumb link if it makes you happen.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-01 17:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Happy *

These dumb *** won't even let us use an edit button.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-11-01 18:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Newsflash this is the lowest form of "discussion" on the internet even the Youtube comments occasionally have a point.

you contribute to it being "the lowest form" of "discussion" daily by your actions. Anything you don't agree with you'll just mock and ignore or demand sources and not read them, like everyone else here.

If you want to rise above this and if you truly look down on it so much, argue your points better than just pettiness and mockery.

If you continue to choose not to, then stop bitching about the result of your actions.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-01 18:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Beto is out.

And probably too late to run for the senate.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-01 18:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Kamala Harris is right behind him.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-01 19:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »

you contribute to it being "the lowest form" of "discussion" daily by your actions. Anything you don't agree with you'll just mock and ignore or demand sources and not read them, like everyone else here.

If you want to rise above this and if you truly look down on it so much, argue your points better than just pettiness and mockery.

If you continue to choose not to, then stop bitching about the result of your actions.

So super cereal. Looks like we need to reintroduce Fone and Josi. I don't think Josi understands who he's dealing with.
By fonewear 2019-11-01 19:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Donny for your contributions. Anything else you would like to add ?
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-01 19:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Beto is out.

Damn I really thought he was going to win to.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-01 19:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Why should I try to elevate the discussion when the other users contribute nothing ?

This isn't my passion project. I'm not going to demand they post links or sources.

In fact I rather them post anything but articles and sources.

Post something funny who gives a ***.

If we aren't going to learn anything at least let's have a laugh.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-01 19:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-11-01 19:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

No you're good for now. I have no insight to add to your current topic.
By Josiahafk 2019-11-01 20:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Why should I try to elevate the discussion when the other users contribute nothing ?
Because you're annoyed by the standard dialogue here and you sounded displeased with the "lowest form of discussion"

if anyone should elevate it, why not someone like you whose annoyed with the lack of elevation etc right?

off-topic I received a letter today from Department of Homeland Security stating my request to move to the states permanently to support american family living there has been approved. I'd much rather them all just move to Canada instead but if I have to give up my free healthcare to help take care of them, it's definitely worth it. Going to feel odd applying for dual citizen ship next decade.

yay for most ffxiah posters being young and having low medical cost living (for now) anyway, regardless of our country lol
By fonewear 2019-11-01 20:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Mostly it is just people arguing with Nausi.

If Nausi stopped posting Vic and his protege would probably go *** on some other forum.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-01 20:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I said before in another post but "I don't have to prove anything to you internet strangers"
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-01 20:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Certainly not going to hold random dorks on the internet to professor level of scrutiny.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-01 20:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If we aren't going to learn anything at least let's have a laugh.

That philosophy got me through college.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-01 20:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly the back and forth arguments are the equivalent of

No you !

lol at you

No you !

Repeat till the thread gets locked.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2019-11-01 20:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Beto is out.

Damn I really thought he was going to win to.

Where do I send my weapons now that he is out. where should i go

what a loser Robert Francis
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-01 21:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Beto may be out, but his arms still have the energy to run several more campaigns entirely on their own.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-11-01 21:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If Nausi stopped posting Vic and his protege would probably go *** on some other forum.
If Nausi was gone, savael and Rav would probably step up to take his place on that side of each argument.

they've both blocked people they don't agree with though, so you might have a point.
By Josiahafk 2019-11-01 21:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-01 21:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If Nausi was gone, savael and Rav would probably step up to take his place on that side of each argument.

they've both blocked people they don't agree with though, so you might have a point.

I don't block people that I "don't agree with". I've been here for years and bantered with all sorts of people all over the political spectrum and haven't blocked any of them. Oz is something else entirely.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 47 48 49