2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Lilith HTBF
Lilith HTBF
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 47 48 49
By Taint 2019-11-03 09:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Bongsolo said: »
Just came back after about a yr. Is there a trick to this pup/thf/blu all failed only killed it as sch. All on VE avoiding stuff it spawns.

Use a hybrid set with SB, turn if she cast thorns until dispelled, use trust that cast dispel. First few fights just take it slow and turn during every TP move if needed.

The less TP you feed the easier she is. You can also sub DRK for absorbTP but i wouldn’t give up TH for it.

I’m 200+ runs in and still missing legs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2019-11-03 09:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

There I was, 3/5 Malignance and all the other drops after 206 VE kills. Recapped merits and thought, I’ll get Sigil and put superstition to test.

Bam gloves drops first fight. 4/5 only legs remain.

Now of course it’s a coincidence but I’ll take anything I can get at this point. Thanks mini-taru.
By AsAller 2019-11-03 10:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh? Sigil?
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2019-11-03 10:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a discussion on the previous page about Sigil because the battlefield technically is in a WoTG zone.

It doesn’t make a difference. False hope/superstition +1. It was a big coincidence that gloves dropped for me after a 100+ dry spell.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-11-03 10:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The main reason for Sigil was mainly the optional benefits of latent Regen/Refresh and food Duration+. If anyone is doing any HTMB fights in WoE P then get Sigil. Use food in the past / inside WoE P to have the benefits from meal duration+
[+]
 Asura.Pusheen
Server: Asura
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-11-04 13:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
The main reason for Sigil was mainly the optional benefits of latent Regen/Refresh and food Duration+. If anyone is doing any HTMB fights in WoE P then get Sigil. Use food in the past / inside WoE P to have the benefits from meal duration+

I've been using allied sigil since I resubbed and started doing this htbf. I'm like 1/200 can confirm sigil gives regent/refresh/food duration and nothing else
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-04 13:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
tyalangan said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
SCH, THF (or COR w/TH4), Tank, WHM trusts if trio, or other characters if you want (GEO, COR, THF all help here. WHM actually isn't needed.)

[Phase1]
After Spitewarden dies, proc TH on Lilith

[Phase2]
proc TH

Do you need to proc TH on both enemies?

Yes you should. I haven't parsed any data on it affecting either or both forms, but you should apply TH to Lady Lilith and Lilith Ascendent
Why? Lady Lilith doesn't directly drop anything on N/D/VD, and that's one of the hard requirements for TH affecting something.

I mean you’re probably right but there is no harm in just applying it anyways. The BC has weird mechanics and a horrible drop rate to begin with. Whether superstition or not, takes a second to do it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2019-11-06 00:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
I’m 200+ runs in and still missing legs.

Quetzalcoatl.Commencal said: »
after 206 VE kills. ... 4/5 only legs remain.

I am also only missing legs after over 200 solo wins on E with MNK/THF and TH4 gear (I got 8/9 drops in the first 30 or so solo fights when it first came out, but legs never dropped in those or followup 200+ other wins)... I am starting to wonder if SE put weird rules on those like they only drop in a PT or a higher than E...
At least at this point the fight is usually just 3-4 min on E, and I made enough stacks of astrals recharging merits soloing omen to R15 a couple other weapons but I am losing hope legs are ever going to drop from casual solo E wins.

Btw the gear is worth having, macroed it before NM ninja mijin in divergence (no GEOs, people were unlocking random new jobs), most of the alliance dropped dead from taking 2-3k damage, I took only 200 damage and went down to 3200/3400 HP on mnk/war with it.
By Spaitin 2019-11-06 14:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

SO after doing a bunch of runs, it looks like it is all guaranteed drop slots. Atleast on E, VE, . didnt pay attention onN D and VD. so on the first two difficulty i am pretty positive TH gives 0 benefit. imo you are gimping yourself by going thf since other jobs will kill faster. E appears to have 5 drop slots every single time unless you have a ghost drop. Looking into other info i doubt th does anything for the other difficulty unless we can figure out WHICH mob drops the items. Since it appears both forms of lilith do not drop the items, which is the main requirement for TH, i dont think it helps for that either.

All of the evidence is anecdotal. On soloing E i have gotten all pieces except head in 34 runs. no TH applied at all. some people are 1-112 with th10. which is common stuff to see in fairly low drop rate gear.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-06 15:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
SO after doing a bunch of runs, it looks like it is all guaranteed drop slots

If it were all guaranteed drop slots you would get a malignance drop every time. King behemoth is a guaranteed drop slot since if you own neither pixie earring nor defending ring one or the other will load 100% of the time (with a 99% or so rate favoring earring, but still a guaranteed load). Even on the best of runs you only see a malignance weapon drop on average once every few fights, much less an armor piece. Either "guaranteed drop slot" doesn't mean what you think it does, or you were sleepy/preoccupied/drunk when you posted.

Quote:
I am starting to wonder if SE put weird rules on those like they only drop in a PT or a higher than E

No, it's just random. I was 4/5 with the last piece I needed being the feet, and I knew two other people in the same situation. I got my final drop two nights ago, so I'm 5/5 now. All done soloing VE. It took me almost 400 runs, but the last piece finally dropped. It's just a matter of persistance and luck. Treasure Hunter definately helps though. I threw away close to a dozen swords... literally. It was nice to know things were still dropping, even if I wasn't seeing the other duplicates.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2019-11-06 16:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It may seem masochistic to track the drop rate. It’s not for VE, I simply hang onto the plutons/beitetsu/boulders, and then findall.
 Asura.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2019-11-06 16:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
It took me almost 400 runs...
Cool. I’m nearing 200 runs on VE. Head, body, sword and pole so far. I guess I’m half way there...

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-11-06 17:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
SO after doing a bunch of runs, it looks like it is all guaranteed drop slots. Atleast on E, VE, . didnt pay attention onN D and VD. so on the first two difficulty i am pretty positive TH gives 0 benefit. imo you are gimping yourself by going thf since other jobs will kill faster. E appears to have 5 drop slots every single time unless you have a ghost drop. Looking into other info i doubt th does anything for the other difficulty unless we can figure out WHICH mob drops the items. Since it appears both forms of lilith do not drop the items, which is the main requirement for TH, i dont think it helps for that either.

All of the evidence is anecdotal. On soloing E i have gotten all pieces except head in 34 runs. no TH applied at all. some people are 1-112 with th10. which is common stuff to see in fairly low drop rate gear.
Lady Lilith drops the items on VE/E, and Lilith Ascendant drops the items on N/D/VD.
By Spaitin 2019-11-06 19:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
If it were all guaranteed drop slots you would get a malignance drop every time.

No on that part.

Lady lilith on E for example has dropped 5 items EVERY SINGLE time ( i made sure we have someone needing everything through various mules).

With gear or without gear we get 5 items in the pool. I am pretty positive it is one slot that has a 100% chance of dropping SOMETHING. that something has a certain % chance of being a piece of gear. 61 gear drops so far between all the char and all 61 had 5 items drop. TH simply improves the chance of a slot dropping. These slots appear to already be 100%. so i do not think TH does anything on E and VE. For N, D and VD I would have to play around with it more. But i am pretty positive on E and VE TH does nothing since it does not improve the quality of drops. Basically it appears to be just like non ou omen gear.
By Taint 2019-11-06 20:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexterm said: »
On E, when you get an armor drop, it is in its own slot. You still get:

Synth mat
Chapter
Chapter
Rema Stone/case
Rema Stone/case
Armor(if drops)

This is correct.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-07 00:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Malignance has its own unique drop slot. It doesn't share a place with synth mats or stones/cases, and it either loads or it doesn't. There are several guaranteed drop slots, but malignance is not one of them. And whenever it loads it always appears at the very bottom of the list. I won't try to convince you otherwise any further because either you'll accept that or you won't, and no further arguing will change that. You're free to run the fight without treasure hunter and that's totally on you. But you're only slowing things down for yourself if you do.
 Ragnarok.Galiber
Server: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2019-11-07 17:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, I'm looking for a good strat to dbox this as I'm still 1/5 on malignance.

I was thinking E on Tauret THF + Idris GEO alt but I SUCK BAD at effectively dboxing so I havn't had much success.
My thief is okish, I'd much rather use another DD but droprate just sucks with only TH4 .

I'm doing Indy Vex, Geo Fury, entrust Haste, and for trusts I've been using Yoran, Cherukiki, Joachim and Koru.

I can avoid charm pretty smoothly and dispel dark spikes ok ( however she keeps spamming them :3 ), trusts are pretty useless as they get wiped even before I engage sometimes... ( yes I did the trust buff quest and I even us the Yoran Unity Shirt, lol )

Any advice on how I could improve as it's not really working out the best?

Thanks
By Taint 2019-11-07 17:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Galiber said: »
Hey guys, I'm looking for a good strat to dbox this as I'm still 1/5 on malignance.

I was thinking E on Tauret THF + Idris GEO alt but I SUCK BAD at effectively dboxing so I havn't had much success.
My thief is okish, I'd much rather use another DD but droprate just sucks with only TH4 .

I'm doing Indy Vex, Geo Fury, entrust Haste, and for trusts I've been using Yoran, Cherukiki, Joachim and Koru.

I can avoid charm pretty smoothly and dispel dark spikes ok ( however she keeps spamming them :3 ).

Thanks

I recommend not capping haste (I use 30% haste2 only) and don't be afraid to turn when needed.

If she cast thorns, turn away until its dispelled.

For you TP set use SB and -DT gear. Its a very easy fight on E only too much TP feed without turning can really mess you up.

Does you GEO have any other jobs? I bring a RDM/WHM that can effectively hold Lilith forever if needed.
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2019-11-07 17:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I used Carrelo's strat for my E wins and it worked out pretty well. Real WHM buffs just make things a lot easier - after the initial pull I was able to fulltime playing my Thief using Send macros for Curaga 3/4 spamming when AoE dropped the party's HP quite a bit.

I ended up bringing in an Idris Geo as a third box to speed things up - I just used Frail/Fury/Entrust Haste to make the fights go by quicker. I got it down to just a few minutes on E per run including buffs.
 Ragnarok.Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2019-11-07 18:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

My initial idea was THF + WHM yeah, but it didn't go too well, so I switched to GEO and got some wins, I'll try WHM with more focus tomorrow.

RDM/WHM would be cool but I don't have it on her, just GEO/WHM/BRD/Roll COR :3

As for TP set yeah I use a mix of DT/Meva/Turms +1, guess I should include more SB stuff. Carrelo's strat seems good on paper, I'm sure I'm gonna have a hard time especially positioning trusts, but I'll give it a try, thanks!
By Unzero 2019-11-07 18:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

My initial idea was THF + WHM yeah, but it didn't go too well, so I switched to GEO and got some wins, I'll try WHM with more focus tomorrow.

RDM/WHM would be cool but I don't have it on her, just GEO/WHM/BRD/Roll COR :3

As for TP set yeah I use a mix of DT/Meva/Turms +1, guess I should include more SB stuff. Carrelo's strat seems good on paper, I'm sure I'm gonna have a hard time especially positioning trusts, but I'll give it a try, thanks!

Just finished 49 runs in a row, and yeah I have been soloing for a long time but I brought a WHM + GEO along and we bumped it up to E (I died to spikes a few times, but I'm getting the hang of it) Think if I had a RDM to just spam debuffs and dispel would make it even better.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Takomunch
user: lyrminas
By Ragnarok.Takomunch 2019-11-08 01:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

My Drop Rate.

[+]
By Korgull 2019-11-08 01:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

10/10, amazing.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-11-08 02:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Melee on Gyve and WS Lilith is the safest thing for THF.
 Ragnarok.Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2019-11-08 04:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been doing some E, it's honestly slow as hell and havn't seen a drop :3

I'm probably gonna stick to running through VE, is drop rate universally considered that much worse?
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2019-11-08 11:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Takomunch said: »
My Drop Rate.

so true... I have multiple stacks of 99 of each rems tale just from this fight

I've been doing some E, it's honestly slow as hel
To make E go faster on monk I open with shell crusher (-25% defense effect for 3min at 1k TP which is how long the fight lass anyways) and then switch to H2H
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 47 48 49