Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Lilith HTBF
Lilith HTBF
First Page 2 3 4 ... 47 48 49
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-09-10 14:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude probably looked at my character profile and got insanely jealous.
 Bahamut.Empyrean
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-10 14:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

There was no reason for this. You made yourself a target to people that don't even use bots.
If you can't keep your mouth shut about petty things like this that can't and won't effect you, nobody is going to trust you on anything because you might get offended and go tell on everyone.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-10 14:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok that's twice in 5 minutes.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but you don't live in a vacuum. Every couple months you seem to need to be reminded that your actions affect other people, even when they can't see you do it.
(but yes, that was very dumb to do. if I get popped for clipping now and/or they fix it so I can't clip anymore to override anchor I will be a very sad boy, literally unplayable without tako)
By Viciouss 2019-09-10 14:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
Viciouss said: »

How many people did this just help out, I wonder? Mission Failure.

Promoting the product he's obviously so against...definitely not the smartest of individuals.

But forreeal how can you care about what another player does? It's not like you're competing against them for the gear or PVPing them. It's not like it's going to make them a bajillion gil and crash the market. Literally doesn't effect you in any way. Getting mad for no reason.

Im sure most of us botters don't look at the official forums anyways, but sharing a method that helps people win faster isnt going to accomplish anything but helping said people win faster. SE doesn't care.
By Matic 2019-09-10 14:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »

I KNOW I SURE DID
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2019-09-10 14:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but you don't live in a vacuum. Every couple months you seem to need to be reminded that your actions affect other people, even when they can't see you do it.
(but yes, that was very dumb to do. if I get popped for clipping now and/or they fix it so I can't clip anymore to override anchor I will be a very sad boy, literally unplayable without tako)

Anchor at most is a QoL feature. It's not game-changing and it's not going to allow you to win a BC you'd normally lose. Sorry, but I don't see how anyone else using anchor could affect my gameplay unless I'm directly playing with them and it's helping keep them in range of a cure or something.
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-09-10 14:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Matic said: »
Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »

I KNOW I SURE DID

meh. I'm probably not even top 50 on most servers. He's probably mad because he had to be carried through what little REMAs he has by better players who use the same tools he's getting assdamaged about.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-10 15:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Anchor at most is a QoL feature. It's not game-changing and it's not going to allow you to win a BC you'd normally lose. Sorry, but I don't see how anyone else using anchor could affect my gameplay unless I'm directly playing with them and it's helping keep them in range of a cure or something.

Ok look. QOL still affects everyone else. It's a chain affect. More easier wins, means more faster selling, means more queue, means faster dead content, means more bitching, means more annoying content down the road.(also more people quit faster etc) They look at the stats and go, well damn they beat that fast, guess the next one needs even more "*** you" "mechanics".
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-10 15:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone mentioned anchor also prevents bind, which would be a lot more significant i imagine. Not sure if true though.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-09-10 15:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By kishr 2019-09-10 15:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

U guys making worse. Just deleted the quotes.
Or a mod delete all that. Jeez such a ***storm from something so old.
[+]
By kishr 2019-09-10 15:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Horrible though, if you think that is bad, you couldn't imagine the rest the stuff people use.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-09-10 15:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
Horrible though, if you think that is bad, you couldn't imagine the rest the stuff people use.

yep, just look at a lot of the Seekers zones with RMT anons with gibberish names.

100% automated from the character creation process all the way until the STF eventually hands them the banhammer. They make 160M+ gil a day. I can only imagine the stuff they're using.
 Cerberus.Maxiel
Server: Cerberus
user: maxiel
By Cerberus.Maxiel 2019-09-10 15:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

leave it to the person who was bitching about linkshell drama weeks ago to touch on sensitivity issues.
[+]
By Nocki 2019-09-10 15:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Eternallight said: »

Someone mentioned anchor also prevents bind, which would be a lot more significant i imagine. Not sure if true though.

Anchor does not in fact prevent bind.

There's a different thing for that ...
By Unzero 2019-09-10 15:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Started having some success with DNC but the magic damage is still a huge pain, what kind of trust setups are people using to solo this? Mine have a lot of trouble surviving.
By Shichishito 2019-09-10 16:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Empyrean said: »
There was no reason for this. You made yourself a target to people that don't even use bots.
sounds like a serious case of
By Pantafernando 2019-09-10 16:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I think more likely is OF mods ending deleting the topic.

Its not the first time it happens, someone “revealing” a cheat, and the immediate answer is hidding the info.

Its naive to think SE doesnt know every single cheat that happens in a 10+ years game. But a post like that is just a bother to them, as its almost like forcing they to do something... when its very clear they dont want to do anything
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-09-10 16:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I think more likely is OF mods ending deleting the topic.

Its not the first time it happens, someone “revealing” a cheat, and the immediate answer is hidding the info.

Its naive to think SE doesnt know every single cheat that happens in a 10+ years game. But a post like that is just a bother to them, as its almost like forcing they to do something... when its very clear they dont want to do anything

Didn't people try to do the same exact thing with React during the Meebles Ambu month?
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-10 16:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Nocki said: »

Someone explained how anchor works to me, its definitely playing with the rules, but bad lag would do the same apparently.

That said, how the hell do you do anything client side to prevent bind. That seems... fishy lol
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2019-09-10 16:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't want to ban anyone anymore.

They ban 1 person and it can cause a bunch of others to end up quitting (let alone all the mule accounts that the banned player probably has). Less populated servers mean less to do and less people to interact with. Game gets a lot more boring.

Just enjoy the game and stop caring what other people do. If you wanna be mad at someone be mad at all the RMTs botting 24/7. They're affecting the game more than anybody else.

It's getting to the point where SE should just do something similar to Runescape and sell gil themselves. The RMTs arent going away, their customers aren't going away (if anything, more people are buying gil more than ever because gil is cheap and people have grown up jobs with grown up responsibilities and grown up money).
[+]
By Unzero 2019-09-10 16:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from all the cheating, is there any suggestion on what a good set of trusts to use would be?

Using:
ArkEV
Sehl'teus
KingOfHearts
Kupipi
Apururu

And going as DNC/WAR and using Box Step to build steps for Climactic Flourish, my gear isn't amazing but I'm finally starting to get some victories consistently... mainly using the last three for the Erase...

Just wondering how people are managing to do it on other jobs that can't heal themselves (I would like to solo it as THF but seems pretty hard!)
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-09-10 16:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nocki said: »

Someone explained how anchor works to me, its definitely playing with the rules, but bad lag would do the same apparently.

That said, how the hell do you do anything client side to prevent bind. That seems... fishy lol

Speed hacks let you move while bound.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-10 16:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess its less of "what lets you do it" as far as the thing itself, and more how it actually works that lets you do it.

I know nothing about programming, but i find it interesting none the less.

Like apparently knock-back is something that happens client side, and character position is handled client side, so removing the knock back means it never happens and the server doesnt care.

I am curious about whats actually going on behind the scenes with that whole bind thing, like whats happening that the game just shrugs and goes "oh okay, they are not actually bound"
By Shichishito 2019-09-10 16:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

They ban 1 person and it can cause a bunch of others to end up quitting
no one will shed a tear over a banned cheater.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-09-10 17:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
They ban 1 person and it can cause a bunch of others to end up quitting
no one will shed a tear over a banned cheater.

just like nobody gives a ***about the opinions of what's clearly a troll account of an alt character on FFXIAH.com.
 Leviathan.Dippity
Server: Leviathan
user: Dippy23
By Leviathan.Dippity 2019-09-10 17:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

boohoo why do u shitheads always have to add useless junk to every thread and whine whine whine about everything. Do you need a time out? does baby need a nap? can't you supposidly grown *** adults just stick to the topic for 1 thread!
By Viciouss 2019-09-10 17:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

No next.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-09-10 17:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Still getting charmed on D with ody. centrifuge/one for all/bolster idris attunement. thoughts, what else are we missing
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-10 17:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Still getting charmed on D with ody. centrifuge/one for all/bolster idris attunement. thoughts, what else are we missing

Charm is a gaze attack, turn around!
First Page 2 3 4 ... 47 48 49