2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Top 5 RMEAs to rank 15 and why
Top 5 RMEAs to rank 15 and why
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11
By LightningHelix 2021-02-16 17:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Vespajava said: »
5th.... iono. imo, planning an r15 should have a component that's ultimately keeping your face off the ground.
Yagrush does that for your entire party! (although if we specifically mean "and r15 matters" it's definitely not top 5)
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-16 18:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
Taint said: »
Yoichi is garbage even at R15, just save your gil.

Just made Annihilator for my Rng but always wondered about Yoichi. Shouldn't it be something like a long range Anni and take advantage of the distance bonus?

Bow's just don't cut it. And True Shot distance for a bow isn't outside the typcial 20 yalm needs to avoid the majority of AoE TP moves and spells, so there's no benefit of safety there.

Namas Arrow is incredibly underpowered, unlike Coronach. With effort and RP'ing, Coronach can compete with Last Stand for raw damage due to being able to spam at 1k TP, and then Annihilator's white damage closes the gap. Even against other archery WS's for Ranger, Namas can't do that against Jishnu's or really even Apex Arrow at times.

Also add in to this that while using a gun, you always have the option to change damage type on the fly with solid results. Annihilator might be the worst gun for Trueflight, but at least you can still use it if a PLD NM pops Invincible to finish things off. Flaming Arrow is garbage.

Bow is in a horrible place, and the only marginally respectable option is Gandiva due to the power of its white damage- it still fails miserably if WS/SC dmg is desired.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2021-02-16 18:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Epeo was my personal favourite to R15.

I don't think any other weapon gets as significant a boost as this did in terms of raw damage. 12.8% increase to base damage, 15% increase to Dimidiation, which is already a fantastic WS. With AM3 up this turns your RUN into an actual powerhouse DD with a native -25% PDT attached to it.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-16 19:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I did Idris R-11. I have a myriad of feelings about this and it's mostly not positive.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2021-02-16 19:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »

I don't think any other weapon gets as significant a boost as this did in terms of raw damage. 12.8% increase to base damage, 15% increase to Dimidiation, which is already a fantastic WS. With AM3 up this turns your RUN into an actual powerhouse DD with a native -25% PDT attached to it.

While I agree to an extent, Lionheart would like to have a word with you.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-02-16 19:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

LightningHelix said: »
Phoenix.Vespajava said: »
5th.... iono. imo, planning an r15 should have a component that's ultimately keeping your face off the ground.
Yagrush does that for your entire party! (although if we specifically mean "and r15 matters" it's definitely not top 5)
the macc is nothing to shake a stick at though
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2021-02-16 19:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »

If you only care about absolute DPS numbers, sure. But an R15 Epeo is a powerhouse AND hybrid all in one.

Let’s face it, if you’re gonna pull out a Lionheart it’s because you’re in a purely offensive mode and not tanking, so why not just change to a better DD job lol. Super niche
[+]
By Taint 2021-02-16 19:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

My Lionheart may as well be in storage. Epeo R15 all the things on RUN.
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2021-02-16 20:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If you only care about absolute DPS numbers, sure. But an R15 Epeo is a powerhouse AND hybrid all in one.

Let’s face it, if you’re gonna pull out a Lionheart it’s because you’re in a purely offensive mode and not tanking, so why not just change to a better DD job lol. Super niche

Right, appreciate it! Dang I sure missed your point about the tanking part. My bad bud!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-02-16 20:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

At this point I'd simply put the 5 heavy DD best weapons at top 5 and call it a day. Verethragna, Masamune, Caladbolg, Trishula, and Chango. Weapons whose associated WS and stats offer a nice boost at R15.

Lionheart R15 has gotten kinda niche due to the geomancy nerfs on newer content, I think. Resolution requires you to not just cap but overcap on attack, and rune fencer is a low attack job so that compounds the issue. Lionheart is still fantastic for aeonic farming and some Ambuscade months, hurts to see people turtled up with their Epeos when it's overkill for that tier of content...
[+]
By Guyford 2021-02-16 21:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »
At this point I'd simply put the 5 heavy DD best weapons at top 5 and call it a day. Verethragna, Masamune, Caladbolg, Trishula, and Chango. Weapons whose associated WS and stats offer a nice boost at R15.

Chango is pretty lackluster; WAR gets just as much if not more out of naegling. Put Death Penatly on the list.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2021-02-16 21:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Tiz, Murg, and Vajra are great options with malignance.
Masa, Calad, Vere, Chango, Trish, Epeo for murdering.
Idris provides stupid amounts of macc for geo.
Also, all the boomsticks have a place in the COR/RNG arsenal.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-02-16 21:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Terpsichore, because it's a huge DPS increase for a job/style of play that actually really needs it.
By Ruaumoko 2021-02-16 22:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

R15 Kikoku is pretty amazing for NIN.
[+]
By Afania 2021-02-16 22:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »

Chango is pretty lackluster; WAR gets just as much if not more out of naegling.

Doubt it, naegling doesn't SC with SB cor and tend to have lower WS frequency.

SB may has higher WS avg by itself, when you add SC dmg and ws frequency it's a totally different story.

Lionheart is still fantastic for aeonic farming and some Ambuscade months, hurts to see people turtled up with their Epeos when it's overkill for that tier of content...

Anything that you need lionheart RUN as DD, can just pop carols and vex/attune and resist them all on any DD.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-16 23:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
R15 Kikoku is pretty amazing for NIN.

What is your definition of "pretty amazing"? If you mean it makes an easy 2-step SC and deals above average dps, sure. It's nowhere on the level of Caladbolg, Masamune, Trishula, Verethragna, or Epeolatry imo. Though I have found myself using it more often than Heishi due to the ease of MBing, it doesn't really do anything amazing for NIN. It's not even the best weapon to use for max dps or hybrids.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2021-02-16 23:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Own several R15 REMAs. Here are my top 5 in no particular order:

Masamune - at R15 the damage masa puts out is just too good to overlook.

Tizona - R15 Expi is seriously good, never ending MP, great utility, allows you to fulltime malignance under AM3 as well as use TP Bonus offhand with no accuracy issues on almost all content.

Carnwenhan - Mordant @ R15 when geared properly hits super hard. BRD/NIN Carn AM3 playstyle is too much fun. Probably my favorite overall REMA.

Liberator - AM3 feels great, scythes are boss, Insurgency under AM3/properly geared wrecks, etc.

DP - R15 Leaden is just silly.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-02-17 02:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm doing Twashtar for my DNC because its my main. I like the aftermath :)
By Mattelot 2021-02-17 06:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

My Lionheart may as well be in storage. Epeo R15 all the things on RUN.

I know this is going to sound bad, but from my observations (and only my observations), it all depends on the group you play with and the support they give. I've played with people who I can use Lionheart without a care in the world (not all content...). Same group, I was tanking just fine with Aettir. All Epeo did was make our healers have full MP more often.

As far as the OP question, if I had to pick 1 of my rema to keep, it would hands-down be Idris. Best investment I've made in the game. I don't play a lot of various jobs but the ones I do, that's the weapon that makes the biggest difference.
By Shichishito 2021-02-17 08:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

everyone has GEO, lots of them went for idris. if you got it early you had a couple of nice years i imagine but now with 75-95% potency nerf in odyssey? magic burst setups are pretty dead (and always were kinda boring anyway) and astral conduit nerf also hit GEO as it used to be a staple in that setup.
i see ppl picking BRD and COR over GEO a lot for a while now, if i could trade my GEO gear for COR i'd probably go for it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-17 09:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The thread is top 5 RMEA to R15, not best RMEA
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2021-02-17 09:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Lionheart is still fantastic for aeonic farming and some Ambuscade months, hurts to see people turtled up with their Epeos when it's overkill for that tier of content...

Anything that you need lionheart RUN as DD, can just pop carols and vex/attune and resist them all on any DD.

Sure, but rune fencer adds those extra layers of mitigation that no DD gets- Battuta, Phalanx, and high parry. It's just a bit safer and you don't give up that much dps when you have a good Lionheart RUN. Plus it's a fun play style, lets people use their RUN in a more offensive way.

Chango is pretty lackluster; WAR gets just as much if not more out of naegling. Put Death Penatly on the list.

You definitely don't get as much out of Naegling on WAR as you do Chango. Fencer builds are good but without a dancer to cap delay reduction it loses quite a bit, plus you don't get Chango's skillchain damage.
[+]
By Mattelot 2021-02-17 09:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

Sure, but rune fencer adds those extra layers of mitigation that no DD gets- Battuta, Phalanx, and high parry. It's just a bit safer and you don't give up that much dps when you have a good Lionheart RUN. Plus it's a fun play style, lets people use their RUN in a more offensive way.

This. Not to mention, Run can go into certain content, deck themselves out in DD gear for the majority and then (if need-be) swap out for some DT gear when fighting a boss. I know I've done that several times.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2021-02-17 09:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Chango is not lackluster, if you think it is you either don’t have it or not using it right. I agree DP should be on the list, it is srsly OP on many things, when you can easily do 60k+ unbuffed and ppl ask “ohh are these weak to magic?, nope just normal salute dmg”
[+]
By Taint 2021-02-17 09:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Chango has zero flash to it. It’s a consistent SCing beast.

I always feel weak using it until I review the parse results.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-17 10:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Chango is a great weapon but of course it will always be compared to Masamune/Caladbolg as the "big 3" DPS jobs. It's easy to see ~30k Upheavals and then 50k Torcleaver/40k Fudos and say "this weapon is weak" but that's not particularly where it shines anyways. I have people who partied with me and say "Chango is weak" but they are loking at it in a zerg scenario and it's somewhat biased. The context matters, Chango is very impressive if you make use of what it is good for.
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2021-02-17 10:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Chango has zero flash to it. It’s a consistent SCing beast.

I always feel weak using it until I review the parse results.

This is 100% how I feel about my R15 Chango. It doesn't feel strong until you look at the parse. It's no wonder you get a lot of people saying "well just use Naegling" or "just use Shining One" but Chango is a beast despite not having the big WS numbers all the time.
[+]
By Afania 2021-02-17 10:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

~30k Upheavals? More like 70k Upheavals because it's 30k+40k light from SB COR.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-17 10:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

people addicted to seeing that spiked WS number without looking at the big picture (overall personal DPS and how you fit in to the party/alliance DPS) remind me of junkies. Always looking for that next score- how they get on between scores doesn't matter because that time and others around them aren't important...its just getting that next fix.

Everyone loves to see that big WS+SC number. Its fun, and why shouldn't it be? I'm not saying stop craving that. I am saying have respect for how you fit together, or just make buffer alts and play alone. I am saying care about your white damage on the jobs that can make the most of it. I'm am saying view SCdmg as essentially free when DDs can abuse it without sitting on TP.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11