First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-08-28 17:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the responses! Now random question:
What is your personal favorite ranged rank 15 RMEA weapon and why?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-28 17:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately DP cause it's the only way to get good magic bullets.

Which really needs to be addressed. (not that cor or ranger need MORE damage on leaden or trueflight, but the lack of options is imbalanced)
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2019-08-28 17:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I have R15 Liberator, Annihilator, Murgleis.

The first 2 are amazing and it’s hard to rank them.

RDM is my main love as a whole but there is mild regret pumping the Swartz into Murgleis. That being said it is still fun to mess with. I’d like it more if Crocea didn’t exist.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2019-08-28 18:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya they should of rly put the stuff on path c croc onto murg.
Well been following this awhile was thinking of making terp. Thank you for the discussion on that front i found it insightful. I'm happy with my r15 twash aneas and tauret i think.

I like to believe lionheart runs up there with the top 3 dds when its getting buffs.Pair me a war gimme that awesome warcry. I dont hybrid dd alot but this months Alexander on Run went with epeo as his melee crits were kinda shredding my dd lion run i tried tanking on recalled like 550ishscrits. Its a tough fight for pug whms i understand but when your petrified i swear it got like crit rate +50%. Tossed rest of my crystals into it and it really surprised me how well it can be at r15.

Just from my cor experiences Dp is amazing nothing bad to be said about it. I'v always liked Fomal and laststand it performs great when your buffed and when you need phys damage from range in certain ambus and cant go savage blade ect. Prol my next r15 or armageddon for my cor.
By Taint 2019-08-28 18:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
I love the utility of Apoc. It's super fun and useful in situations where the WHM will be strained. While its damage isn't on par with Calad, I will say that I can stay pretty high up in the parse with Apoc and know that I'll be safe.

Apoc is really fun and the utility is awesome but Cata needs an FTP boost. (All the relics should be 5.0 base).

My Catas cap just under 30k but my Torcleavers hit 60k+. That’s hard to pass up unless you really need the utility.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-08-28 19:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Not completely sure why anyone is putting down Apocalypse as a Rank 15 choice. Catastrophe becomes pretty darn strong at Rank 15.

But for real though, I have played with enough bad/lazy/Event-only WHM's where I have more faith in Catastrophe to keep me topped off over a player or a trust.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-28 20:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anybody is putting it down, just keeping it in perspective relative to the job. It's a heavy DPS with amazing survivability in terms of HP and damage mitigation. As it stands, with a competent healer, you get far more mileage using caladbolg than Apoc. It's a great survival tool when needed, but it's not likely you'll sacrifice so much damage for survival.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-08-28 20:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I don't think anybody is putting it down, just keeping it in perspective relative to the job. It's a heavy DPS with amazing survivability in terms of HP and damage mitigation. As it stands, with a competent healer, you get far more mileage using caladbolg than Apoc. It's a great survival tool when needed, but it's not likely you'll sacrifice so much damage for survival.
"Competent healer" being the operative words. A Rank 15 Caladbolg is great, not arguing against that. But there are times where you have a bad healer or trust AI can't or doesn't keep up and a single Catastrophe is the difference between you continuing to fight or dying.

But hey, Swartz is simple enough to farm (or if you have the gil, buy) so Rank 15 everything!
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-08-29 00:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not gonna lie and say I haven't ended up tanking an NM or 10 with cata because I had like 5k+ HP and the rest of the party didn't, but I don't think I'd place it in the top weapons category just for those few instances.

In instances where you'd use them, stuff like death penalty, gastraphetes, epeolatry and lionheart are game changers.

If you have the option, you'll never want to full time apoc over calad. You'll use it when the ***hits the fan. If you have to choose one, you'll get way more use out of calad or either of the other two scythes.

getting it to r15 won't significantly change it's use, which is a temporary weapon for when ***gets bad.
 Asura.Weinberg
user: Weinberg
By Asura.Weinberg 2019-08-29 01:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally use Apoc quite often when soloing, or to finish off the last few percent of an nm/boss when healers are dead. It makes you unkillable...almost (as always status effects are what *** DRK; also cata doesn't drain hp against undead). Though I wouldn't say you are much more unkillable with r15 vs r0.

I don't think r15 really affects the situations where you would use Apoc much at all, just makes you feel less bad about whipping it out.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-08-29 03:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Weinberg said: »
as always status effects are what *** DRK

Thats why Volte set from Windurst is soooo good for DRK yet so hard to get.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-08-29 06:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

A pretty solid idle/hybrid set, i think my ls has seen more from Windy than all other zones combined.
By SimonSes 2019-08-29 10:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
SimonSes said: »

A pretty solid idle/hybrid set, i think my ls has seen more from Windy than all other zones combined.

I think it's more than solid. It's the only MEVA armor for WAR, PLD and practically for DRK and it has PDT/MDT/DA on top of that, so it's perfect for meva/pdt/mdt tp set. DRK has Ratri armor with MEVA, but its not really suited for TP hybrid set (damage taken + and accuracy only for scythe). Recently we also got new body from Alexander, which can replace Volte body, but you still want at least feet, legs, hands and head.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [537 days between previous and next post]
By Thunderjet 2021-02-16 07:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

EXCUSE ME if i want to do bee as a sam, for odyessy. with a bow in the future Would aeonic or relic / Ambuscade be best on sam? so u can have a third pierce damage, really not sure what is better apex or namas?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-16 07:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, SAM can't use the aeonic, and the ullr is more meme than weapon. so you're down to yoichi.

And if you're using yoichi, use namas, unless you're lacking in buffs (debuffs) Just use shining one tbh.
By Pantafernando 2021-02-16 07:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember doing yoichi for Mwingwa years ago, the ranged accuracy bonus was relevant in a time with few options to racc on SAM.

If you just can foresee this usage for bow, probably you gonna do Ullr if you have spare mats, or yoichi for the cost.

Empy and aeonic bow is RNG exclusive.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2021-02-16 07:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Well, SAM can't use the aeonic, and the ullr is more meme than weapon. so you're down to yoichi.

And if you're using yoichi, use namas, unless you're lacking in buffs (debuffs) Just use shining one tbh.
***i thoguht sam would be on it dang, iv done it today on pug got it to 30% looks very hard to mele for now with lag because of the 500 hp poison tick not sure il get bow just incase i have shining one for now.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-16 07:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, massive lag, and strong poison, and pug drastically alter the answer (context matters)

It's V0 right, I wouldn't build a yoichi JUST to do that. Ullr being free(*) is goodenough.meme maybe even tenzen's bow/Exalted bow. It's a matter of how much effort you want to spend on one fight, one time, until lag is "fixed"

poison pots to negate 500 tic poison?
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2021-02-16 07:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my, this thread as a whole really did not age well.

That's an interesting idea
By Thunderjet 2021-02-16 09:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »

Holy ***yea not sure if it works?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-16 09:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It works in every other instance, unless they made this Poison overwrite anything currently on the player.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-16 09:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

There are some instances where it doesn't work. But don't know as of yet.
By Taint 2021-02-16 10:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoichi is garbage even at R15, just save your gil.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-02-16 14:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »

It's interesting to read back and remember that this was done pre-MNK/DRG buffs and pre-Malignance gear. My r15 tier list would be a lot different now, that's for sure.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2021-02-16 14:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not use a shining one and spam impulse drive?
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2021-02-16 14:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Nagi, Claustrum, Rhongomiant, Koga, Conq.

because lockstyles are the real end game and you can kill anything with oboro weapons anyway.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-02-16 15:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Yoichi is garbage even at R15, just save your gil.

Just made Annihilator for my Rng but always wondered about Yoichi. Shouldn't it be something like a long range Anni and take advantage of the distance bonus?
 Phoenix.Vespajava
Server: Phoenix
user: Vespajava
By Phoenix.Vespajava 2021-02-16 15:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

k. Ill try. *eyeroll* no particular order:

DP: Dyna, and Dyna, owner r15

TIzo: ultimately, single most resourceful single hand wep, owner r15. Overall benefit: Never ending MP and properly utilized, BLU is overwhelmingly pivotal in making every party more survivable.

Relic scythe: survivability, just know its useful =/ not really an expert on DRK.

SPharai : Survivablity, limited as recovery goes, but if you cant get hit, you drastically reduce the chances of KO.

5th.... iono. imo, planning an r15 should have a component that's ultimately keeping your face off the ground.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-02-16 16:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

As a RNG so far for me it's

Gastra>Coro>Fomal

Tho Arma will replace Fomal once I decide to make it. And gandiva while come after that.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11