New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Top 5 RMEAs to rank 15 and why
Top 5 RMEAs to rank 15 and why
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11
By Mattelot 2021-02-17 10:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people feel that you absolutely have to top a meter just to succeed or believe that's all that is important.

Someone can say "I like R15 Mjollnir because I have fun with it." That's why threads like this can mislead some people. Don't aim for getting some weapon and augmenting it just because some random guy on the internet said it's good. Play what you have fun with.

Heck, I love playing my Puppetmaster and as unpopular of a stance as that is, I have a blast with my kenkonken. KKK may not dish out the highest numbers, but the OP asked "most useful" and it's utility has been very useful.
[+]
By eeternal 2021-02-17 11:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, Dp, Masa, Chango, Calad... is op even before R15.

However, a game changer weapon when you R15 it is Liberator..it has both the utility through Entropy and dmg through Insurgency, and can use enmity earring without getting hate + access to drain 3 and be still top #1 and still sc with COR SB

Same goes to annihilator and armageddon for hate control and damage respectively.
[+]
 Asura.Khory
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Wyrmnax
By Asura.Khory 2021-02-19 07:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Too generic of a question, but anyway.... will try to chime in. (?) on weapons that I am not really sure they fit there, 5 stars for things that are BiS or very close, 4 for things that are very useful otherwise.

Also, this is all my opinion, not some sort of absolute truth.

Relics
5 stars
Aegis, Gjalla
4 stars
Apocalypse, Kikoku(?), Annihilator

Empyrean
5 stars
Verethragna, Caladbolg, Masamune, Ochain, Daurbala
4 stars
Twashar(?), Ukonvasara(?), Farsha(?)

Mythic
5 stars
Yagrush, Burtgang, Caernwehan, Gastraphetes, Nirvana, Tizona, Death Penalty, Terphiscore(?)
4 stars

Aeonic
5 stars
Godhands, Chango, trishula, Heishi Shorinken, Fomalhaut, Marsyas
4 stars
Aenes (?), Lionhear(?), Dojikiri Yasutsuna

Ergon
yes
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2021-02-19 07:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

^ Agree with everything there Khory except Liberator is a 5star mythic and Terp is not a 5star mythic...unfortunately, and it pains me to say this as a Terp R15 owner, the Presto update kinda bumped Terp down a tier in my opinion.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2021-02-19 08:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

@Khory I'd put Twashtar at 5 star.
By Mattelot 2021-02-19 10:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Khory said: »
Ergon
yes

lol nice
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-19 11:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes liberator is 5 stars all the way. I’d put it above calad personally. Although the new fancy armor we got from odyssey does not mesh super well with it
[+]
By Taint 2021-02-19 11:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd tweak a few:

Ochain 4 stars
Farsha 3 stars

Burt 4 stars
Gastra 4 stars

Godhands are 4 star
Heishi is 4 stars
Fomal is 3 stars (Ammo is 4 stars)
Aenas is 3 stars
Lionheart is 3 stars
[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-02-19 11:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
I'd tweak a few:

Ochain 4 stars
Farsha 3 stars

Burt 4 stars
Gastra 4 stars

Godhands are 4 star
Heishi is 4 stars
Aenas is 3 stars
Lionheart is 3 stars
Now why you would downgrade Burt and Ochain? R15 Atonement is a very powerful hatetool.
And Ochain can hit 100% blockrate on ilv150 mobs.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-19 12:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

zero love for the Armageddon...../sadface.

Arma is not easy to make shine like DP/Gastra/Foma. Its like buying a Lotus and expecting to drive it to the grocery store- the thing never gets the chance to show its true potential. Those other 3 are like buying a Corvette from a dealer- sure it looks fancy and sounds cool, and honestly there is performance there, but what you get out the box is pretty much what you get.

Also, Apocalypse got a MAJOR bump last week with the Sakpata Set. Easily a top tier Relic.

The fun thing right now in game is that in more cases than not, if you want something to work, you can be effective with it. Not every time best, mind you- but the state of the game right now is that you don't have to do best to win, you just have to do your thing smartly and well, and in many/most cases, you can do content the way you want and succeed.
[+]
By Taint 2021-02-19 12:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wotasu said: »
I'd tweak a few:

Ochain 4 stars
Farsha 3 stars

Burt 4 stars
Gastra 4 stars

Godhands are 4 star
Heishi is 4 stars
Aenas is 3 stars
Lionheart is 3 stars
Now why you would downgrade Burt and Ochain? R15 Atonement is a very powerful hatetool.
And Ochain can hit 100% blockrate on ilv150 mobs.

Neither are that necessary or game breaking. Excellent examples of 4 star status.
By eliroo 2021-02-19 12:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you R15 an Ochain?
[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-02-19 12:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well any rema in that aspect is neither game breaking or necessary. You can beat all content without a rema. Just makes it faster/safer in general.
And getting 100% blockrate on lv150 mobs I would call gamebreaking since you then block every physical action a monster does, unless it has a Avoidance down aura.
[+]
By eliroo 2021-02-19 12:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The silly R15 Ochain argument aside. As someone who is on the fence about my next mythic, what makes Liberator so good? Sakpata looks like it doesn't synergize well and DRK doesn't have any STP MEVA options AFAIK.
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-02-19 12:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
How do you R15 an Ochain?
You dont(sadly), but the poster added it to their rema stars category, so it just followed along in the discussion.
Edit: ops didnt see next post kinda c.c
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-19 12:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The silly R15 Ochain argument aside. As someone who is on the fence about my next mythic, what makes Liberator so good? Sakpata looks like it doesn't synergize well and DRK doesn't have any STP MEVA options AFAIK.

R15 Liberator owner here, and I find it extremely hard to give it up at times for another RMEA scythe. They're all fun, but everything feels so SLOW with anything else!

No, the Sakpata gear doesn't play well with a Mythic aftermath- just too much DA and little STP. Most Liberator users will gear an "Aftermath UP" set completely around STP. The set does look interesting for Insurgency and certainly would be a helluva lot safer to WS freely in vs Ratri+1. I do look forward to how Sakpata plays with TP sets for Empyrean and Relic weaponry for DRK.

As for what makes it so uniquely good beyond just Mythic AM3 being crazy good in the hands of a 2hander (when it can be fully abused), the R15 augments to Mythics really pump up already respectable WSs, Insurgency chains well with light WS's (definitely a weakness of other scythes), and the bonus to Absorb spells is nothing to sneeze at once Afterglowed.
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-19 13:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Redemption does quite well with the new gear. I have r15 calad redemption and liberator. I’m like 95/5 in favor of scythe I rarely use calad for much anymore tbh
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-19 13:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nuance said: »
Redemption does quite well with the new gear. I have r15 calad redemption and liberator. I’m like 95/5 in favor of scythe I rarely use calad for much anymore tbh

SUPER happy to hear that- haven't started mucking with sets yet, but I have always wanted Redemption to have a situation to shine in.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-02-19 13:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd tweak a few:

Ochain 4 stars
Farsha 3 stars

Burt 4 stars
Gastra 4 stars

Godhands are 4 star
Heishi is 4 stars
Aenas is 3 stars
Lionheart is 3 stars

R15 Burtgang is an amazing (the best in the entire game?) single target hate tool and offers the most mitigation plus decreased enmity loss. Definitely a 5 star weapon. Agreed about Ochain, though, it's gotten to be something that I don't use as much these days.

Farsha is weird to rank. I like my R15 Farsha but I mainly made it for Reward on beastmaster. It has a very high dps ceiling on warrior, especially with the new gear. The combination of AM3 + Retaliation + 1hander delay is pretty awesome. On the other hand I don't use it for stuff like Dyna until bosses, because AM3 maintenance with a (pretty weak) WS like Cloudsplitter kinda sucks. It still does good Mistral Axe damage with the high base damage and high STR... unfortunately Mistral Axe does trail Savage Blade a bit in damage.
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-19 13:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

#deleteNaegling
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-19 13:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

How does Ragnarok fare at R15?

Even further, with the new gear Pld might be able to DD. Could Rag be useful on Pld DD?

Like, Pld/Sam DD assist --- Like how Run can tank / DD while doing so?
By Crossbones 2021-02-19 14:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Rag sucks and pld is on calad anyways. Also you would sub drk for dps.
By eliroo 2021-02-19 14:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the explanation, probably helped tip me over towards liberator. Been wanting to get a 2H mythic for awhile and was stuck between that or Ryuno.
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-02-19 15:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the explanation, probably helped tip me over towards liberator. Been wanting to get a 2H mythic for awhile and was stuck between that or Ryuno.

I have both at R15, they're both really fun to use. That Drakesbane attack penalty is a real downer though.
[+]
 Asura.Haxetc
By Asura.Haxetc 2021-02-19 16:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, so in terms of job changing or must have rema vs okay to have rema. This list definitely needs tweaks similar to what Taint said.

Relic: Apoc and Annihilator are completely job changing weapons. Being able to heal yourself on DRK constantly is absolutely ridiculous. Annihilator makes RNG exclusive in certain content where hate/hate resets are an issue.

Empyrean: Ochain has already been stated as a 4 star weapon. Twashtar being able to output the damage it does on 3 jobs is worthy of being a 5 star because, I mean, what do we even get empyreans for? Doing tons of damage. Any yes, Twashtar fits that build. When you can spam multiple capped dmg Rudra's in a minute on DNC I think that deserves to be on the same tier as the other rank 5's. Gambanteinn deserves to be a rank 4 just for the 100% cursna rate. Arma is the highest ranged physical DPS weapon you can use on RNG or COR. An AM3 build while being very close to Fomal in terms of LS damage makes using one when hate isn't an issue pretty nuts. I'd throw that as rank 5 and Gandiva as rank 4 for the same reason listed but for a bow.

Mythics: Even though ppl have been stating the hate reasons on Atonement I still don't see Burtgang as a rank 5 weapon. It doesn't really change the job nor is it really necessary. If the hate was AOE I'd have a different opinion but I feel it's just a QOL thing. If Caladbolg is rank 5 we obviously know that Liberator is a rank 5 weapon :^) In all seriousness, Liberator when used properly can output the same amount of damage as Caladbolg. Terp's benefits don't outweigh Twashtar's use and that makes me send it to rank 4. Differing for Taint, I do think Gastra is a rank 5 weapon. In any fight where RNG can deal magic damage Gastra is just gross and destroys the other option which is Wildfire with Arma. Kenkonken is a really good weapon for PUP when suppressing overload if you aren't using your 1h so I'd put it at rank 4.

Aeonic: Okay, so Godhands, Heishi and Fomal get dropped to rank 4. Godhands is good but it's not even close with Vere. Heishi is also good but even against a Kikoku NIN you're outputting around the same amount of damage which isn't very good. Fomal is just a weapon for ammo so we can completely drop it off the list and throw the ammo in rank 4 same with Fail-Not. Lionheart should be a rank 5 weapon. While Epeo is Epeo. When a RUN really wants to crank numbers there's nothing like spamming Reso with Lionheart. As far as job changing it gives the RUN a bigger part in killing the boss faster when there really isn't another option.

Edit for Eliroo:
[+]
By bombsdiggity 2021-02-19 19:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
R15 Kikoku is pretty amazing for NIN.

too bad nin is pretty unamazing :/
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2021-02-19 20:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
How does Ragnarok fare at R15?

Even further, with the new gear Pld might be able to DD. Could Rag be useful on Pld DD?

Like, Pld/Sam DD assist --- Like how Run can tank / DD while doing so?

well pld would lose a fair bit of pdt/mdt from no burt/aegis as well as shield to block. pld also doesn't have the inquarta/parry that rune does. epeo rune can cap pdt in a hybrid/am3 set.
By Seraphpdh 2021-02-19 20:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Haxetc said: »
Gambanteinn deserves to be a rank 4 just for the 100% cursna rate.
Pretty sure the "+100%" just doubles your base doom removal rate, it doesn't make it always work everytime. Still very good, but not amazing.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-02-19 20:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Twashtar being able to output the damage it does on 3 jobs is worthy of being a 5 star because, I mean, what do we even get empyreans for? Doing tons of damage. Any yes, Twashtar fits that build.

I know I'm totally filled with personal bias when I say this, but Twashtar is an incredible weapon. The amount of damage it deals and the consistency it does it with is on par with the best alternatives for all 3 jobs that can use it. That's the definition of 5 stars in my book.
By eliroo 2021-02-20 06:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraphpdh said: »
Asura.Haxetc said: »
Gambanteinn deserves to be a rank 4 just for the 100% cursna rate.
Pretty sure the "+100%" just doubles your base doom removal rate, it doesn't make it always work everytime. Still very good, but not amazing.

I believe with Gambann you can achieve 100% removal rate though, which is probably what he meant.

As for gastra, probably my favorite weapon in terms of look and I'm a huge ranger stan. I think it is only knocked down in usefulness because we lack a lot of double light zones. Most of the content with forced weather is double dark which is sort of bad for the weapon.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11