Will WoW Classic Affect FFXI Playability?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Will WoW Classic affect FFXI playability?
Will WoW Classic affect FFXI playability?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-08-01 17:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

nobody gets banned, and he's a much lower priority than tards like shichishito or ape

he's not actively using ffxiah to sell gil and he's usually right
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-08-01 17:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
Hey, FFXIAH staff, how is he not banned yet?
thats funny, he thinks we have staff here.

[+]
By Tarage 2019-08-01 19:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

You and I have very different definitions of right.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-08-01 19:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

and he's a much lower priority than tards like shichishito or ape
who is this ape dude and how did i make it on the celberity list?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-08-01 19:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
and he's a much lower priority than tards like shichishito or ape
who is this ape dude and how did i make it on the celberity list?

Definitely not for your spelling.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-01 19:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You and I have very different definitions of right.
By Draylo 2019-08-01 19:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you have to cop that *** persona all the time? I don't get what benefit you get, this isn't 2006 BG. You obviously care to post on random thoughts etc to entertain yourself with conversing with people, might not get so much hate that way. Not even Thorny has that attitude anymore.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-08-01 19:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Definitely not for your spelling.
i agree, what else could it be tho? are my memes too dank?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-08-01 23:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Why do you have to cop that *** persona all the time? I don't get what benefit you get, this isn't 2006 BG. You obviously care to post on random thoughts etc to entertain yourself with conversing with people, might not get so much hate that way. Not even Thorny has that attitude anymore.

This is my bigger issue with Eiryl, I'm not sure I'd agree that he's "mostly right" simply because of his pessimistic and negative "in your face" way to talk about EVERYTHING. He always reminds me of my 2007 self when I quit the game and spent the next year in a rage talking down on the game endlessly all while I didn't play anymore.

Anyway, if subs are down right now, it's a more recent thing. As the reason they gave in the interview about getting 3 years of funding is that their numbers are holding steady or going slightly up, so the company is showing confidence in the game to give it a solid 3 years to work on things. And in my little group I know of 5 accounts that have been turned off to go play XIV for the moment. We'll see when we pop back in.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-08-02 00:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Will WoW Classic affect FFXI playability?
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-08-02 00:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
simply because of his pessimistic and negative "in your face" way to talk about EVERYTHING.
its the RMTing and stuff man. once you doing that jazz the e-peen shrinks rapidly and you get depressed realising you getting none of those internets fame points to attract sweet e-vajayjays. from there on out its a vicious cycle.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2019-08-02 04:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/wcb/index.html

Do they usually have the Return Home in August? I thought it was just May/November. I guess they really are worried about WoW Classic.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2019-08-05 06:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not saying this thread is *** stupid...but it is on FFXIAH...
[+]
By fonewear 2019-08-05 06:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Nadleeh Sakurai said: »

I've been looking for the FFXIAH staff so they can tell me where I can find this Waldo guy...
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kalimairo
user: kalimairo
By Asura.Kalimairo 2019-08-05 10:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Nothing wrong with classic wow,,
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kalimairo
user: kalimairo
By Asura.Kalimairo 2019-08-05 11:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Still looks dreadful. I could never play a cartoon like that.

YES, FFXI IS MORE SOPHISTICATED AND MATURE!!
5:20
By Afania 2019-08-05 11:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Draylo said: »

This is my bigger issue with Eiryl, I'm not sure I'd agree that he's "mostly right" simply because of his pessimistic and negative "in your face" way to talk about EVERYTHING. He always reminds me of my 2007 self when I quit the game and spent the next year in a rage talking down on the game endlessly all while I didn't play anymore.

My only issue is that when he went hyperbole mode and post exaggerated comment I have tendency to reply, then it annoyed both of us >.>

Otherwise he is usually right and quick to share SE info. I don't care much about random thoughts on forums. I do that a lot myself so /shrug.
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2019-08-05 12:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Nadleeh Sakurai said: »

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-05 14:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's funny that people think this website has "staff"

Scragg pays only with nachos, and he's 5 years behind on payments.
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2019-08-06 08:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Suteru said: »
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/wcb/index.html

Do they usually have the Return Home in August? I thought it was just May/November. I guess they really are worried about WoW Classic.
WTF. They just sent me an e-mail that mentioned the usual Ambuscade crap. I only came here because it also mentioned PUP changes (which turned out to be minimal) and I would not have known if you hadn't mentioned it. But then again, they don't send the Return Home event e-mail until the last moment, and often don't even update their web page until just before it happens, so I've had times when I check every few days to know the exact week.

It's true though, it's always been May and November since after the first few, at least unless they've been neglecting to mention it to those of us who try to keep track of them on the old wiki and would have played. I have no problem if they've decided to change it to every three months, but that would be a new thing.

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Return_Home_to_Vana'diel_Campaign
By nashred 2019-08-07 15:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kiorin said: »
I hope classic wow is huge, and makes SE cash in on the idea of a 75 cap FFXI server.

I thought about going to WOW classic. I never liked WOW and FFXI was so much better...
Right now I play FFXIV and bounce back and forth between FFXI and FFXIV. Neither game really trips my trigger anymore and FFXI and FFXIV seem to becoming the same game in allot of ways.. FFXIV content is just so easy you can fly through it so there is time for other games so I come back to FFXI. I play MMO's for community and they all seem to be going away from it.. FFXIV just added trusts making the game even more antisocial.

Honestly I would play a retail version of FFXI classic. I have friends on Eden now and they love it. Might just go there at this point. Paying for two games because really they are the only-thing out there at this point.
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-08-07 17:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

nashred said: »
FFXIV just added trusts making the game even more antisocial.
only for a limited set of dungeons, and it is slower than an actual group of people doing those dungeons.
they work tho, cause you can 1st time check those dungeons at your own pace, RP trough them, or not in a mood to deal with people, or queues taking forever.
By volkom 2019-08-07 18:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Good for tanks who are too shy to run through a dungeon for the first time with people
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-08-07 18:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm so confused when anyone says XI and XIV are similar games. They're drastically different games in every way except environment/genre. The battle systems are nothing alike, there is arguably more similarity between XI and XII than XI and XIV.

I also don't get people who claim to play "for the community" but seem to play games alone these days. I play XI with my friends, who I met in XI, the same way it works for just about everyone here. If you're still pugging you're either freshly returned or not very good at making friends, and that's saying something coming from me.

I will never understand the draw of XI classic. Current XI has every advantage of old XI, but without the endless hassle and thankfully only a few of the painful "mechanics" of old (hi2u 450 Gin kills for Ashera). I'd consider trying Eden with friends just to show the game isn't as "hard" as people make it out to be, but I could never get motivated behind that concept to actually take it to that level, lol.
[+]
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-08-07 18:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think XI now is a better video game than XI then. Whereas wow then (or classic) is a better video game than wow now.

Wow used to be about being part of a world, not being the hero of it. It completely 180'd from where it started. XI through the years still stayed pretty close to what it always was. The extra convenience didn't killed the community nearly as much as quad+ boxing did. XI never got party/event finder to auto match you to faceless, nameless people. You still have to worry about making groups, or making yourself attractive to groups.

Be awesome, be the villain, be the village idiot, be Ronstadt... But don't be faceless, if you simply but care about being a part of the community, the games gonna be a hell of a lot more.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-08-07 19:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ronstadt best player on Asura. Can't change my mind.
Him and Cheg rival each other.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12