Will WoW Classic Affect FFXI Playability?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Will WoW Classic affect FFXI playability?
Will WoW Classic affect FFXI playability?
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Dazusu 2019-08-08 00:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elizabet said: »
The extra convenience didn't killed the community nearly as much as quad+ boxing did.

The killer for FFXI's community was partly players general increase in knowledge (mechanics of the game and how best to approach them), and partly that they started designing the majority of end-game content for 6 people which is easier to multibox than content designed for 18 people. This destroyed the reason for large Linkshells to exist to begin with and broke groups down into fragments.

'Course you could also argue that they started designing for 6 people because there were fewer players overall. Which came first the chicken or the egg?

Same design approach they used in FFXIV. I know of a few Linkshells from XI that struggled to make the jump. Going from content in XI where 11-18 people would turn up, to end-game raids for 8 people.

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2019-08-08 03:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
FFXI seems to attract less "*** you and die right now" people
they just used different words, they mean the same tho.
By volkom 2019-08-08 07:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The people in XI's community got old. Remember being barely in my teens when I started and the people I played were all between 12-28. Fast forward like 16 years later and everyone doesn't have the time, got old, married etc. Tis and old game but the community still one of the best parts. Met tons of cool people that I'm friends with still today

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kalimairo
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: kalimairo
By Asura.Kalimairo 2019-08-08 07:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Dazusu said: »
end-game content for 6 people which is easier to multibox than content designed for 18 people
I don't agree with this as a blanket statement. Stuff which was hard, but not super hard (Einherjar, Odin v1, T4 Zeni NMs, Omega/Ultima) all come to mind) were just as easy to multibox as 6 man content. When Delve V1 was hard it was less easy to multibox than those, partially because you can be stationary during the other events. Sea was a bit less suitable for multiboxing too, I guess, but old Dynamis was fine.

Delve 1 prior to Items upgrade was the hardest content to ever exist. 90% of the people prolly dont remember it, pretty sure it was harder than whatever we have now.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-08-08 10:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kalimairo said: »
Delve 1 prior to Items upgrade was the hardest content to ever exist. 90% of the people prolly dont remember it, pretty sure it was harder than whatever we have now.
still not that hard, did all 3 with my 9box and my friends 7box and 2 leeches

on that note, not much of 75 stuff needed an alliance either, we did omega with 4, ultima with 6, kirin with 7, jol with 9 or 10, lesser jailers all with 6 or less(most solo or duo)

i'm of the opinion that giving advanced automation to the general public is the biggest problem contributing to the game's current state, multiboxing is one thing but having bots that can basically outplay new players makes it impossible for new players to legitimately justify their position in a group even if playing the token support job
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-08-08 10:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

to elaborate on that, if you go back to delve era, a returning player will be able to get a position by making a roll only cor, a buff only geo, or a modest whm

now, any established group has mules doing all of those things and doesn't even benefit from adding a non-idris geo, a roll only cor, or a whm without yagrush.. if they were just hand played mules, people would have an incentive to replace them(less stress multiboxing), but since they're all botted with things like roller, bringing the new guy means weaker buffs with no upside besides the fuzzy feeling of helping someone
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-08 10:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
bringing the new guy means weaker buffs with no upside besides the fuzzy feeling of helping someone
I thought we already established the fact that online interactions are just *** being ***.

So, there's no such thing as "fuzzy feelings of helping anyone" both online and ingame. Because it doesn't exist anymore (one could even make the point of "at all").
 Asura.Kalimairo
By Asura.Kalimairo 2019-08-08 11:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

still not that hard, did all 3 with my 9box and my friends 7box and 2 leeches

on that note, not much of 75 stuff needed an alliance either, we did omega with 4, ultima with 6, kirin with 7, jol with 9 or 10, lesser jailers all with 6 or less(most solo or duo)

i'm of the opinion that giving advanced automation to the general public is the biggest problem contributing to the game's current state, multiboxing is one thing but having bots that can basically outplay new players makes it impossible for new players to legitimately justify their position in a group even if playing the token support job
ur clearly talking about after the ILVL upgrade, there was no magic evasion, evasion weapon skill's
 Asura.Kalimairo
By Asura.Kalimairo 2019-08-08 11:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

to elaborate on that, if you go back to delve era, a returning player will be able to get a position by making a roll only cor, a buff only geo, or a modest whm

now, any established group has mules doing all of those things and doesn't even benefit from adding a non-idris geo, a roll only cor, or a whm without yagrush.. if they were just hand played mules, people would have an incentive to replace them(less stress multiboxing), but since they're all botted with things like roller, bringing the new guy means weaker buffs with no upside besides the fuzzy feeling of helping someone
idris did not exist then, your talking about the ilvl adjustments lol.
By Afania 2019-08-08 11:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Delve 1 prior to Items upgrade was the hardest content to ever exist.

It mostly depend on whether someone in your group cleared morimar at least once for Oat access. It wasn't so bad if a LS cleared once and one or two DD were OaT MNKs. My LS pretty much had close to 100% win rate pre ilv after 1st clear.

Pre ilv delve was pretty unbalanced in a way because it's either very easy with Oat or sucked without.

Someone said something something stun bot that weren't the key. Just get a JP stunner or something, they didnt suffer from lag as much as NA.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-08-08 12:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

ur clearly talking about after the ILVL upgrade, there was no magic evasion, evasion weapon skill's

idris did not exist then, your talking about the ilvl adjustments lol.

In regards to delve, no. Spaa and I did it with 2 real players, 16 total characters, and 2 buyers in it's original state. After Ilevel, before hp scaling, I 9boxed all of them by myself. Silly easy then.

The Idris comment is about a seperate issue entirely: there's no beginner role for anyone any more because it has been replaced by bots. In the delve era, a beginner could have been valuable on GEO or COR or WHM with relatively little gear. Now, a beginner is useless because everyone has idris geo, roll+7/8 highly geared COR, and yagrush WHM available as mules with supporting bots.
[+]
By Draylo 2019-08-08 13:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Delve 1 prior to getting a win was not easy, it was pretty challenging for the time period and for myself the most fun I've had with the game. Not everyone had access to synchronized mules with all the bots available to them, I'm not sure why you are using that example to suggest it was easy content. For the general public it was not as easy.

I'd say I agree with the access of all these programs and 0 repercussions from SE, has created a more toxic environment. I am actually baffled as I look around and see what has been happening (at least on this populated server.) Everyone 5-6 boxes with all the bots available at all times. I'm surprised there are even regular players left these days.

I was chatting with someone who quit and they made me laugh by saying its like the Matrix, and Thorny is Mr. Smith as he assimilates everyone into him.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-08 13:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so like delve seemed hard because we didn't do the thing we always do.

We went straight to melee. No blm phase. No ranger phase. No pet phase.

If we went straight to melee for anything, it was inherently more stressful.

I'm not really sure why it went that way though. Everything gets learned during the safety kill phase. Then you melee it. But that didn't happen in delve I.

Also, it was kinda designed with geo in mind... and our group/server never even considered geo as a job until almost two full years later. 15' geo still wasn't even on the radar.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-08-08 13:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It was some of the hardest content to date, sure. It was easier than master trials when they were new. I didn't say it wasn't some of the hardest, I said it still wasn't hard.

The biggest issue then is still the biggest issue now; their instances drop packets constantly and response time from server is pitiful. That gave stun bots a decent advantage over real players(and JP players too, allegedly?). We don't have hard content, we have server limitations making simple content harder than it should be.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I'm not really sure why it went that way though. Everything gets learned during the safety kill phase. Then you melee it. But that didn't happen in delve I.
With upgraded ranged weapons not being able to use coro/namas, hate was an issue. Throw in that Daku and Tojil resisted piercing a majority of the time, the lower tier NMs had specific mechanics, and the time gate was tight. I don't think ranged or magic would have made them easier at that point in time. It was head and shoulders above the content we've gotten recently for sure.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-08-08 14:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Went with a few different groups. Some of Draylo's members came with Spaa and I for our initial clears because he ticked them off. Then we had issues with Emra(?) or w.e stamos's egf's name was just running some crappy cure bot and afking during the megabosses, so Spaa and I duoed for a couple months.

We still did runs with ls members and whoever needed throughout. So really, didn't make too much difference who came as long as roles were filled.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-08-08 16:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly couldn't remember, but it's certainly possible we were. I know when I did it w/ Spaa we had the 16, but with more real players it's possible we cut it lower.

The thing is, stun was the only reflex check and using the correct jobs/gear/setup made everything very procedural. If not for the servers being ***, a non-bot stun would've been more than adequate. It had much more room for failure/mistake than master trials did at release.
[+]
By Draylo 2019-08-08 16:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I really wish they would come out with a master trial Delve or something crazy where you face all of the mobs from each zone haha. I miss Delve a lot.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-08-08 16:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's still there, go do it.
By Afania 2019-08-08 18:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I don't remember your friend being there with you when you were doing Delve v1 clears in August/September 2013. I thought it was just your chars plus a few random people then, and that was before ilvl.

I'm 90% sure Sept 2013 was post ilv. My LS pretty much disbanded on that time for 14 after its on farm status for months.

I think ilv was introduced in July or August?

Delve 1 was the hardest content on April to June 2013 when entire community has no access to Oat. Without good dps there are WAY less room for error and stun may run into resist wall if fight takes too long. OAT MNK was like what...50% more dps than next best weapon? The difference is so huge.

1st clear happened in June then as more and more people got Oat they join different groups to help out, delve 1 got a lot easier with MUCH faster kill speed.

After August(?) 2013 update it's pretty much a joke. Basically the difficulty nerfed greatly in just a couple of months. So comparing the difficulty of delve before world 1st and 5 months after release is kinda silly. They were not the same and not even close. Hell I was PUGGing them with great success in Sept/October 2013 or something.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-08-08 18:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/72226

august 8 2013, post ilevel, so directx just has his timeline all out of sorts apparently
[+]
By Afania 2019-08-08 18:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly couldn't remember, but it's certainly possible we were. I know when I did it w/ Spaa we had the 16, but with more real players it's possible we cut it lower.

The thing is, stun was the only reflex check and using the correct jobs/gear/setup made everything very procedural. If not for the servers being ***, a non-bot stun would've been more than adequate. It had much more room for failure/mistake than master trials did at release.

Stun was never the main reason why delve was hard before June 2013. If it's that simple people wouldn't need 2 months to get world 1st clear. I still remember Ejiins LS had to lv RNG back then to even get a 1st clear.

So idk why someone keep making comment like "oh ***it's easy with stun bot" or something. Of course once community got Oat it was just the matter of stuns. That doesn't mean it was easy.
By Afania 2019-08-08 18:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/72226

august 8 2013, post ilevel, so directx just has his timeline all out of sorts apparently

Sometimes I like how people call content easy just by watching others do it. Next time I'm going to watch NBA and say whatever LeBron James does is easy too. Maybe that would make me a better basketball player.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2019-08-08 21:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I was chatting with someone who quit and they made me laugh by saying its like the Matrix, and Thorny is Mr. Smith as he assimilates everyone into him
Lol, I made this exact same reference to Matix (a LS mate) on Ragnarok 2 years ago.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12