New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » June 2019 V1 VD Ambu
June 2019 V1 VD Ambu
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By lhova 2019-06-10 13:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know the strat or party makeup for this yet? My Death penalty isn’t going to make itself so I need strat for Alex’s
 Phoenix.Baelwulf
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Baelwulf
By Phoenix.Baelwulf 2019-06-10 13:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Your Mythics don't make themselves? {That's too bad}
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2019-06-10 13:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Just had success as:

PLD/WHM/GEO/BRD/WAR/COR

After the main boss dies, the fight is really straight forward. The problem with the boss is that from the looks of it, it'll spam TP moves if a requirement is not met (maybe something to do with SC or MB). In addition, he uses a TP move that locks PLD shield and prevents it from being re-equipped for up to 60 seconds

I haven't figured out Mercurial Strike yet, it may truly be random, but the first attempt, it whacked me on PLD for 99k thru Sentinel.

I'm guessing RUN would be better since they don't need to worry about shield getting locked.

COR and WAR were just crankin Savage Blade and Upheaval. Leaden Salute and Trueflight do *** for damage. We just melee bashed them to death.

If you find a way to clean up the initial part of the fight, everything after the boss is smooth sailing, you just take them down 1 by 1.
 Bahamut.Neb
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2019-06-10 13:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Was that on VD?
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2019-06-10 13:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, Briarius
Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Just had success as:

PLD/WHM/GEO/BRD/WAR/COR

After the main boss dies, the fight is really straight forward. The problem with the boss is that from the looks of it, it'll spam TP moves if a requirement is not met (maybe something to do with SC or MB). In addition, he uses a TP move that locks PLD shield and prevents it from being re-equipped for up to 60 seconds

I haven't figured out Mercurial Strike yet, it may truly be random, but the first attempt, it whacked me on PLD for 99k thru Sentinel.

I'm guessing RUN would be better since they don't need to worry about shield getting locked.

COR and WAR were just crankin Savage Blade and Upheaval. Leaden Salute and Trueflight do *** for damage. We just melee bashed them to death.

If you find a way to clean up the initial part of the fight, everything after the boss is smooth sailing, you just take them down 1 by 1.

Pure Speculation about the TP spam, but did it follow a Mercurial Strike?

Briarius had a mechanic with Mercurial Strike where based on the damage deal (anywhere from 111 to 1111, in variables such as 111, 222, 333, 444, etc etc) he would do x afterwards. like if he did 777 he would use Mercurial Strike as his next TP move and your party would get JA reset, if he did 1111 he would 2hr and spam his AoE 3 times in a row. His Post-Mercurial behavior could be linked to the damage.

I have to imagine theres a way to control it, I pray SE wouldn't just add a "99,999" RNG punch to a fight with no counter play...

Either way, I'm about to enter myself I'll try to find a pattern to the madness best I can.
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2019-06-10 14:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That was indeed on VD. We are about to try again. I'll try to take note of the patterns.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
Server: Lakshmi
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-06-10 14:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Well, Briarius
Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Just had success as:

PLD/WHM/GEO/BRD/WAR/COR

Pure Speculation about the TP spam, but did it follow a Mercurial Strike?

Briarius had a mechanic with Mercurial Strike where based on the damage deal (anywhere from 111 to 1111, in variables such as 111, 222, 333, 444, etc etc) he would do x afterwards. like if he did 777 he would use Mercurial Strike as his next TP move and your party would get JA reset, if he did 1111 he would 2hr and spam his AoE 3 times in a row. His Post-Mercurial behavior could be linked to the damage.

I have to imagine theres a way to control it, I pray SE wouldn't just add a "99,999" RNG punch to a fight with no counter play...

Either way, I'm about to enter myself I'll try to find a pattern to the madness best I can.

In two runs out of ten last night it hit our sam for 99k while dealing normal damage to everyone else hit. Wasnt any rhyme or reason to it that I could discern, but I was half asleep. I'll see if I can find any pattern while we're doing runs tonight.
 Odin.Botosi
Server: Odin
user: Botosi
By Odin.Botosi 2019-06-10 14:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So sick of these 99k gimmicks. It's been like the past 3 months now. Is that the only way SE thinks they can kill us?
 Cerberus.Onvasquez
Server: Cerberus
user: onvasquez
By Cerberus.Onvasquez 2019-06-10 14:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This month is super easy, barely an inconvenience. Our strategy for VD was PLD/DRK/COR/BRD/GEO/WHM. Fight is straight forward. Kill big one first. Then kill the 2 MNK. Then Kill the WAR. Then kill the RNG. And lastly kill the BST. Fight took around 5 minutes including buffing. We didn’t have an Idris GEO or an Honor March Bard. For buffs we used SAM/Chaos, March x2 Madrigal x2, Fury/Frailty and typical WHM buffs. Fight can probably be cut down to 3 minutes, maybe less if we had used Idris and Honor March and possibly changed to RUN. Big boss uses a move that eats MP. When killing the BST PLD used fealty to prevent charm around 50%.
[+]
By OrowinAsura 2019-06-10 14:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Onvasquez said: »
This month is super easy, barely an inconvenience. Our strategy for VD was PLD/DRK/COR/BRD/GEO/WHM. Fight is straight forward.

Straight forward fights are tight.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2019-06-10 14:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Iunderstoodthatreference.img
[+]
 Cerberus.Onvasquez
By Cerberus.Onvasquez 2019-06-10 14:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

OrowinAsura said: »
This month is super easy, barely an inconvenience. Our strategy for VD was PLD/DRK/COR/BRD/GEO/WHM. Fight is straight forward.

You know that Ambuscade we did back in April 2017? I figured we could just use that one again. I figured since some time has passed since then that people won’t remember it.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2019-06-10 14:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity how the frick do you deal with the MP Drain on Geo? Like 20 seconds into the fight and i'll have 0 MP cause of his AoE crap.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-10 14:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bard has a job ability that lets them sing a song on a single target of their choice.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-10 14:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Play GEO the right way. Geo+Indi then who cares if you have zero mp while you're afk doing something else.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-06-10 14:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity how the frick do you deal with the MP Drain on Geo? Like 20 seconds into the fight and i'll have 0 MP cause of his AoE crap.

We used barfire and carol, can save stuff like devotion and arcana for after the first mp drain if you need it. Boss should die before it becomes too much of a problem.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2019-06-10 14:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Last question: Do you just zerg the ***or try and Skillchain Darkness to take advantage of the MDT cut they have?

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Play GEO the right way. Geo+Indi then who cares if you have zero mp while you're afk doing something else.

Gears not up to code keeping that bubble alive through the AoE spam, RIP
 Cerberus.Onvasquez
By Cerberus.Onvasquez 2019-06-10 14:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Straight up Zerg
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-06-10 14:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Last question: Do you just zerg the ***or try and Skillchain Darkness to take advantage of the MDT cut they have?

Our sam said darkness sc did well, but its basically a zerg. If you can get the sc go for it, but dont lose damage focusing on it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-10 15:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Iirc, mercurial strike from briarius has a long wind up and you can range it for safety. Anyone tried kiting the TP moves gimmick?
By sharazisspecial 2019-06-10 15:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Beat Vol 1 VD with 5 pup 1 roll cor
2 pups had basic gear, 2 average and 1 bis. Takes 10min with this gear level.

One pup super tanks them all with heady artifice

All other pups are dd. Everyone overdrives and deploys on boss at start.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2019-06-10 15:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Iirc, mercurial strike from briarius has a long wind up and you can range it for safety. Anyone tried kiting the TP moves gimmick?

As far as i can tell all of the bosses TP moves are instant, including Mercurial. Though I admit not paying 100% attention
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2019-06-10 17:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I'm going to need you to get all the way off my back about it.
[+]
 Odin.Unzero
Server: Odin
user: Unzero
By Odin.Unzero 2019-06-10 19:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »

Now I'm going to need you to get all the way off my back about it.
Nice Pitch Meeting reference
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2019-06-10 20:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That MP eating move is destroying my chances of melee group lol [need da healz]
By tyalangan 2019-06-10 20:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ejiin has been streaming melee method for the past few hours very smoothly. If I recall, he stated it is fire-based so used barfira and killed the boss first. COR,COR,BRD,RUN then RUN,SAM,COR,BRD were his DDs

However, I did not hear or see if there were any other precautions taken.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-06-10 20:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hearing DNC is helpful for the Cures this month. Fact? Or facts I don't like?
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-06-10 20:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »
That MP eating move is destroying my chances of melee group lol [need da healz]

Barfira and fire carol, if your mages idle in a lot of meva they'll resist fire move and mp will be fine.

Rampart and other magic shields seem to help too.

Shiva.Siviard said: »
I'm hearing DNC is helpful for the Cures this month. Fact? Or facts I don't like?

Haven't used dnc yet, but the cures would be helpful during boss for added safety.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-06-10 21:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

killed VD run,sam,cor,brd,geo,whm boss then adds. then 2nd fight sam got 99k'd randomly idk why. after that party broke because 30pg waits.

pretty sure can smn burn this. AFAC Volt strike boss to death, then move to bst and kill that with remaining 1hr, then thunderspark AOE the rest to death.
 Shiva.Applesmash
Server: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2019-06-10 23:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN SAM BRD WHM GEO COR won 3x VD pretty straightforward fights.

BRD COR SAM all DDd, I used Unda runes and kept Battuta for the MNKs, kept my WHM out of range next to a wall and never got hit by any AoEs. Honor, Victory, Fire carol, Madrigal, Indi-vex, Geo-frailty and entrust wilt. 6 mins fights.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8