July 2018 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 18 19 20
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-07-05 12:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

DRKs cry .. as the only thing we got is a super situational accuracy piece in the neck slot. Lame. We got crappy relic +3s, Dynamis-D weapon and accessory. And they still didn't bother lowering the wait time to enter this content.

Don't know if I should bother with Dynamis-D at all (still only done Sandy a few times), it just feels like a waste, and I can't find a good time to set it up. Guess I'm sticking to Omen and Geas Fete for life. ;;
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-05 12:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG had that gaffe, paired with the 2hand update (which was fixed in literally 24 hours) that made them demigods. This is what happens when people (JP players) complain about jobs being too strong rather than arguing about not being strong enough. BLU is seeing the side effects of that, but it's not like the job is that bad atm.

Again, I think BLU competes in nearly every content and can fill in niche roles that pure DPS couldn't dream of. White Wind spams, Winds of Promy, Sudden Lunge stunlock, status debuff/magical aoe cleaving dynamis zones... Sure it's not on Niqmaddu Ring or got any amazing pieces in af/relic+3 (empy could be different), but the job really isn't in a bad place by any means. It's still a highly desired job for a few things, that I can think of. Not for pure damage, but in most cases, the difference in pure damage is negligible when you factor in the additional utility BLU brings to the table.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-07-05 12:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get why people are talking about BLU when I can't remember the last time I saw a good MNK ..
[+]
By fonewear 2018-07-05 12:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
DRKs cry .. as the only thing we got is a super situational accuracy piece in the neck slot. Lame. We got crappy relic +3s, Dynamis-D weapon and accessory. And they still didn't bother lowering the wait time to enter this content.

Don't know if I should bother with Dynamis-D at all (still only done Sandy a few times), it just feels like a waste, and I can't find a good time to set it up. Guess I'm sticking to Omen and Geas Fete for life. ;;

That is the problem with the game design. You shouldn't be forced into Dynamis D.

It is like their way of saying...Hey the players aren't doing Dynamis D.

I know tie in REMA weapon augment upgrades !
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-05 12:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

That is the problem with the game design. You shouldn't be forced into Dynamis D.

There's nothing metaphorical about it. It's literal.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-05 12:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get why people are talking about BLU when I can't remember the last time I saw a good MNK ..
YouTube Video Placeholder

:)
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-05 12:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-07-05 12:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I know tie it REMA weapon augment upgrades !

It's not that I don't want to do this content. I really do, but the wait time makes it impossible for me to find a suitable day or two a week to set it up, due to most of my group already having days they run. It doesn't matter what rewards they put in to Dynamis-D, I can't deal with the 60 hour wait .. this isn't 2008.

If it was like Omen I could find one day a week for it .. or just do it on the Tuesday and I'm sure some who ran on the Sunday would still be able to enter. But as it is .. it's wasted content for anyone who can't wrap their lives around it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-05 13:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't the first time SE forced people to do content. SE forced everyone (notme/fkdat) to do Mog Gardens for Ygnas trust and HQ rings (a story questline that has ZERO to do with either of those things). And that's not even real endgame content. Yet, I hardly hear of anybody complaining about having to water their furrows in order to get the green bush or a shiny ring. Forcing players into dynamis for RMEA upgrades was not a shock at all. It's actually real content, at least. 3rd wave might be interesting.

It might see a QOL update sometime down the road, though, so that players who are not able to participate in dynamis regularly can enjoy the upgrades to some reasonable extent. Likely, lowering the entry timer will come soon afterwards as well.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-05 13:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This isn't the first time SE forced people to do content. SE forced everyone (notme/fkdat) to do Mog Gardens for Ygnas trust and HQ rings (a story questline that has ZERO to do with either of those things). And that's not even real endgame content. Yet, I hardly hear of anybody complaining about having to water their furrows in order to get the green bush or a shiny ring. Forcing players into dynamis for RMEA upgrades was not a shock at all. It's actually real content, at least. 3rd wave might be interesting.

It might see a QOL update sometime down the road, though, so that players who are not able to participate in dynamis regularly can enjoy the upgrades to some reasonable extent. Likely, lowering the entry timer will come soon afterwards as well.

Garden +1 rings and ALL REMA weapons, is a pretty sizable difference.

Ygnas is mediocre, the rings+1 are mediocre, the cheers are mediocre.

You HAVE to keep your REMA up to date.

(and at the time, there was more than a small amount of complaints about the garden being garbage. The reward just wasn't enough to warrant more complaints)
By fonewear 2018-07-05 13:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
I'm not a fan of seeing yellow text on REMA, even when ToM did it I wasn't a fan of the yellow text on them. I'd rather see a complete weapon rather this split path ***.

I'd prefer if the text was sunburnt orange.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-05 13:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

My point is they are tying it to actual content you have to do to progress your weapon, and not just " derp sit here in your mh and check it once a day for a reward." This new method all but guarantees nobody had a head start and everyone has to grind for the weapon(s) they want to upgrade. And a long grind it will be. But that strat is par for the course for SE, always has been. Milk content dry until they come up with something new, which now, shouldn't be expected anytime this year.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-05 13:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Why? There isn't any content to justify the climb anyways. If there was content that could not be bested without +299 skill weapons I'd tend to agree with you. But there isn't.
By fonewear 2018-07-05 13:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

My point is they are tying it to actual content you have to do to progress your weapon, and not just " derp sit here in your mh and check it once a day for a reward." This new method all but guarantees nobody had a head start and everyone has to grind for the weapon(s) they want to upgrade. And a long grind it will be. But that strat is par for the course for SE, always has been. Milk content dry until they come up with something new, which now, shouldn't be expected anytime this year.

Dynamis wave 4 with 30% more statues !

Make it happen SE.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-05 13:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Whelp, you guys wanted more content.

Wish granted.

Why? There isn't any content to justify the climb anyways. If there was content that could not be bested without +299 skill weapons I'd tend to agree with you. But there isn't.

It's not about what you can and can't do with and without it. It's about having an uncompleted task in an MMO. The single only driving force.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-07-05 13:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish granted.

I want SE to reskin every zone to Dynamis D. So that is the only content to do in the game.
By Justuas 2018-07-05 13:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I fail to see the logic here. Should you be eligible for the rewards if you don't do the content? There are already complaints about free handouts in the game.
By fonewear 2018-07-05 13:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Justuas said: »

I fail to see the logic here. Should you be eligible for the rewards if you don't do the content? There are already complaints about free handouts in the game.

No that isn't the point. I'm just tired of Dynamis D that is all mostly.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-05 13:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Then SE was successful in extending the life of this game. What's the problem? People now have a goal to work towards when they previously didnt. They gave us the REMA upgrade everyone was whining about, what now?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-05 13:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Then SE was successful in extending the life of this game. What's the problem? People now have a goal to work towards when they previously didnt. They gave us the REMA upgrade everyone was whining about, what now?

I fully agree.

Wish granted.

Between omen cards/bodies/gloves and Dyna-D you've got 5 solid years of never having "nothing to do".
[+]
By fonewear 2018-07-05 13:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I fully agree.

Wish granted.

Between omen cards/bodies/gloves and Dyna-D you've got 5 solid years of never having "nothing to do".

I'm better at doing nothing than you take that !
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-05 13:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Only one way to make monk great again.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2018-07-05 13:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »

Everyone master monk, and retire literally everything else, and fail miserably at content until devs do something about it?

Sounds reasonable to me.
[+]
 Sylph.Truckie
Server: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Truckie 2018-07-05 13:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta build a wall, or self immulate, but that's for NINs.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-05 13:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Neyochimaru said: »
Everyone master monk, and retire literally everything else, and fail miserably at content until devs do something about it?

Sounds reasonable to me.

You wouldn't fail, it would just be slightly slower.

I know that is tantamount to failing to most of you, but not really.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-05 13:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds reasonable to me.
I like it
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-05 13:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Truckie said: »

Gotta build a wall.
:is dead: lol
By fonewear 2018-07-05 13:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds reasonable to me.
Equip:

Challenge accepted
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 18 19 20