Lakshmi.Ihzuna
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Ihzuna
By Lakshmi.Ihzuna 2018-06-25 10:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ewellina said: »
Lakshmi.Ihzuna said: »
latest commit using Agressor on War main spams console with errors as long as the buff is on didn't check as /war.

Buff_Processing.lua: 52 Contains is not defined for numbers

is the error I'm getting.

thanks for letting me know, ill check it out.

As an update I tested this as Sam/War and had no error's switched back to War main and still recived the error as long as Agressor was active. Opening the buff proccessing lua and looking at line 52 it seems to be looking for the augmented relic body and throwing the error because it didn't find it as I haven't yet upgraded it. I'll update again when I get time to upgrade the body to at least 109 and test again.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-06-26 07:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

A bit late to the party, but just wanted to thank you for taking the time to make this addon for us (especially since you don't even play the game anymore!). Really fantastic stuff.

I was having a hell of a time trying to get haste detection to work flawlessly in my luas (could capture incoming spells, but for some reason geo/indi haste were being read as the same buff as haste/haste II by GS on buff drop), so I finally gave up since it seems you've already done all the heavy lifting in that department. The way you've handled GEO spells is pretty awesome. :)

My only criticism is that the GUI is a bit "in your face" and takes up a bit too much real-estate, especially on smaller screen resolutions. I tinkered a bit with the textures/text and came up with the following:

https://github.com/ArislanShiva/luas/blob/master/UI_Updates.rar

Edit your settings XML with the following value:
Code
<image_folder_name>Arislan</image_folder_name>
[+]
 Odin.Ewellina
Server: Odin
user: colway
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-06-26 09:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
A bit late to the party, but just wanted to thank you for taking the time to make this addon for us (especially since you don't even play the game anymore!). Really fantastic stuff.

I was having a hell of a time trying to get haste detection to work flawlessly in my luas (could capture incoming spells, but for some reason geo/indi haste were being read as the same buff as haste/haste II by GS on buff drop), so I finally gave up since it seems you've already done all the heavy lifting in that department. The way you've handled GEO spells is pretty awesome. :)

My only criticism is that the GUI is a bit "in your face" and takes up a bit too much real-estate, especially on smaller screen resolutions. I tinkered a bit with the textures/text and came up with the following:

that looks pretty damn neat, except you removed my banner so even though i like it I'm gona have to say its *** ^^. I realise it does take a bit of space, but it took way more space originally then it does now. Also you can pretty much turn all the displays on and off to reduce space. I did struggle to find a good colour format with a good font that everyone would have as default on their system. Originally i use Ubuntu font, but obviously no one had it, and since the addon relies on the font fitting exactly in the boxes i had to make sure everyone was using the same to remove issues.
And yeah in regards to geo buffs..... that ***was a headache and a half. so were the bard buffs, in fact so far not many of the buffs have been easy to implement, they all have their intricacies, especially when they are buffed by gear etc. Genuine ball ache. (its partly why work has slown down on the addon, as well as IRL stuff)
Thank you for the kind words too, its always nice to hear the work is appreciated.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-06-26 11:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

that looks pretty damn neat, except you removed my banner so even though i like it I'm gona have to say its *** ^^.

Hehe, I knew you were going to notice that. XD

Running 2 instances, main window is 720p, so have to scrounge for every bit of screen area I can get. :)
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-06-27 13:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

that looks pretty damn neat, except you removed my banner so even though i like it I'm gona have to say its *** ^^.

Hehe, I knew you were going to notice that. XD

Running 2 instances, main window is 720p, so have to scrounge for every bit of screen area I can get. :)

get a 2nd screen ^^
[+]
By DaneBlood 2018-07-05 11:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Question on the technical merrits of the information

How "Trusty" are they.
- Does it know if I am hit with a +6 ballad vs a +3 ballad?
- If SE suddenly decided to lower ATK on cor rolls would it the plugin know this?

or in another way how much of this info are we getting from the server/client vs how much are we "assuming" based on blackbox testing?

Thank you
By DaneBlood 2018-07-05 11:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That is a huge improvement in quick readability. and is less tiring for the eyes?
Are the number in a fixed width format?
If I can have any input I would say to use a fixed width font for numbers it just looks better when they change around.
(not sure its really an issue here tbh)
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-07-05 14:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

the way i designed the UI is to use a fixed font and size, and the boxes were a fixed size. if everyone prefers a solid colour background like Shiva.Arislan is using i can implement that.
As for :
Quote:
Question on the technical merrits of the information

How "Trusty" are they.
- Does it know if I am hit with a +6 ballad vs a +3 ballad?
- If SE suddenly decided to lower ATK on cor rolls would it the plugin know this?

the answer is, its derived from settings you apply. if you have a friend that has brd and plays with +6 ballads and +5 march's etc, you set these stats. The settings dont cross over to other characters as the addon will track who is casting what, so you can create as many settings per character as you want. I cannot track what other people are equipping only what "you" are equipping. So at the moment this is the only logical method.
i would say 90% of values are from
Quote:
blackbox testing
and therefor if SE change values of some buffs then the files need changing. Not that this is hard in the slightest. someone will just have to do the testing unless SE give the numbers like they do sometimes.
There is a lot of information on the wiki, feel free to go read up, it may give you some answers you are looking for.
[+]
By Boshi 2018-08-01 14:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Been using this for all my DW jobs and it's great. Working extremely well.
I just tossed a //console gi ugs into my warp+tele ring macro which addresses any issues with that.

few minor notes on missing buffs:
--For the relic 1h weapons, the attack+ shouldn't apply when in offhand.
--There's a store TP trait (+10/15/20/25/30) that's availible to Samurai and Blue Mage.

(P.S. ignore my message about h2h stuff I figured it out)
 Siren.Armyguy
Server: Siren
user: Armyguy
By Siren.Armyguy 2018-08-01 15:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Great Work and Thankyou for your work.
How do you add this to addon list?
How would start useing it? do I have to add it to each GS ?

sorry for the stupid questions
By Boshi 2018-08-01 21:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

-download it
-extract then open the first file
-the file in there "Gearinfo", move into your gearswap/addons folder
-in game //lua load gearinfo
-first time you run in type //gi parse
(need to parse first time to read all your gear)
[+]
By Boshi 2018-08-12 19:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

if I have something like
Code
if buffactive['amnesia'] then
        classes.CustomMeleeGroups:append('amnesia')
    end

how do I put this in my sets?

sets.engaged.DW['DW: 20-25'].amnesia
sets.engaged.DW['MaxAcc']['DW: 20-25']['amnesia']
sets.engaged.DW['MaxAcc']['amnesia']['DW: 20-25']

before GI i had it as
sets.engaged.DW.MaxAcc.MaxHaste.amnesia
and it worked fine I didn't change anything else, not sure why it's not working.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-09-01 21:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So I picked up gearinfo v1.7.2.7 today, and ran into an issue when we were buffing right at the start of dynamis D. It was non stop spamming the below error in the console.

I'm not sure what triggering it, everyone was buffing, and I had to unload it.

Also a feature request!

Support for DRG wyvern parameter bonus. Mostly the JA haste. Details on the mechanic can be found here. Should you decide to add support for this, I'd be glad to provide any needed info regarding this or test it.
By gargurty 2018-09-03 09:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome program. Makes it easier to see where you lack in the dd department. One question tho: is it possible to do this for magic acc and such too? Would be great to see how my macc is doing :)
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-09-03 10:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

gargurty said: »
Awesome program. Makes it easier to see where you lack in the dd department. One question tho: is it possible to do this for magic acc and such too? Would be great to see how my macc is doing :)
To quote myself from earlier in this thread.
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Asura.Doryl said: »
That's great like this :)

Do you think it's possible to add 'Magic accuracy' and 'Magic attack bonus' ? That's the main problem with /checkparam command, there's nothing for mages..
While totaling up equipped macc+/MAB would be pretty simple, if you're talking about total macc, including from dSTATs this would get really complicated really fast. Which is why check param doesn't do this.

To calculate the total magic accuracy for anything, you have to first choose the action/spell. This is because the base macc is affected by magic skill, and you have multiple magic skills at once, whereas you can only have 1 wep equipped to each hand. so the game knows what skill to use to determine physical acc for each hand.

But if you were to cast a spell? White magic, black magic, blue magic? It has no way to tell what you're going to do. And thus can't calculate the macc for that because there's too many variables.

And there there's dSTAT comparisons, where how much macc you get per point of the stat changes based on how much the foe has in comparison... how do you figure that out without a target? And knowing the target's stats

So.. yeah. While I could see adding MAcc/MAB from gear/gifts etc.... Getting your total macc is a complicated proccess that requires an action and a foe(and that foe's stats) to be specified.
So long story short, while a simple totaling of the macc stat on your current gear could be done actually calculating your total magic accuracy for a given action requires information that isn't available.(Target stats and the action)
By gargurty 2018-09-03 10:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry didnt look back to far:) thanks for the info.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-09-03 17:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
So I picked up gearinfo v1.7.2.7 today, and ran into an issue when we were buffing right at the start of dynamis D. It was non stop spamming the below error in the console.

I'm not sure what triggering it, everyone was buffing, and I had to unload it.

Also a feature request!

Support for DRG wyvern parameter bonus. Mostly the JA haste. Details on the mechanic can be found here. Should you decide to add support for this, I'd be glad to provide any needed info regarding this or test it.
I think I figured out what this error was, and it should just be an issue on my end. I used my old config files from previous versions, and the BRD profiles in there didn't have JP entries like the new ones. So I added them. Should be fixed.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2018-09-03 20:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for putting the effort into this addon, it's really interesting reading through it and seeing how you got it to work and it looks like it took a lot of effort.

That said, I'm having an issue where Gearinfo seems to not adjust to my proper DW gear after I use an ability or weaponskill until I click F12. It also doesn't adjust for changes in haste levels until I press F12 as well. Is this how it is supposed to work or is there some error I may have worked in my mistake?

Right now, after any ability or spell is used, it swaps back to my base DW level (the one I use when I am not receiving any form of haste) regardless of my current haste level or native DW trait level. Once I press F12, it adjusts to appropriate level but I have to press F12 after every action or it goes back to the base DW gear set.
By Boshi 2018-09-03 20:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as gi-ugs is on it should be auto updte every .5 sec
 Shiva.Ahampt
user: Ahampt
By Shiva.Ahampt 2018-09-03 22:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The mag acc thing would be cool just to compare with other players who can land ***and be like oh need this much mag acc. I know you can’t know dstat. But would be nice to compare
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
By Boshi 2018-10-09 10:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

for MA needed, could have if buffactive Hundred Fist make it automatically drop to 0
 Ragnarok.Galiber
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2018-10-13 08:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to add my appreciation for this truly amazing addon!
I started using it a couple of weeks ago and I must say it's pretty incredible.
Keep up the good work!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Arnan
Server: Asura
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2018-11-26 06:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

any plans to add augments from new necks?
By Boshi 2018-11-27 07:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

afaik it should pick up the str/dex/acc ect auto no?

The only thing that would need something special would be dw or ma but none of the necks have that on the augs
 Asura.Arnan
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2018-11-27 07:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not picking up the store tp from necks or the negative store tp from Epaminondas's Ring
[+]
 Asura.Nimhir
user: Nimhir
By Asura.Nimhir 2018-12-18 13:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Upon first load of gearinfo, I get "Lua runtime error: libs/extdata.lua:1487: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'cur_val' (a nil value)"

Tried unload gearswap, updating libs from the windower git, unloading other addons, deleting gearinfo data folder, unequipping all of my gear, etc.

Is it possible this was broken recently? If not, anyone have an idea what's going wrong?
 Asura.Dinotron
user: dinotron
By Asura.Dinotron 2019-01-07 10:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Trading Abuscade Voucher/Tokens to Gorpa-Masorpa while GearInfo is loaded causes Gorpa to get stuck on "I can give-wive you the following items in exchange for ambuscade voucher/token: <slot> (+1)." forcing a FFXI restart.

It works fine when GearInfo isn't loaded.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2019-02-20 11:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Normally I had the entire overlay positioned off screen so I didn't have to look at it. Lately though I've wanted to test some things and decided to put it back on screen. Inspired by Arislan's screen shot above, I decided to try my hand at it as well. (I don't know how to code, but I'm not afraid of breaking things or trial/error)

I still haven't figured out how to get rid of the UGS square. I don't use GI if I'm not sending it to Gearswap, so that extra box is an OCD killer. I found ways to move it around, but have been unsuccessful in hiding/removing it entirely. Anyone with code experience care to chime in?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-20 22:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

This isnt the right thread, but maybe someone who knows Ewillina will see it.

THEY BROKE THE SYNERGY LUA PLEASE FIX QQ

No idea when it got broken though, could've been any time in the last 8 months lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14