Carbuncle.Rajang
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-04-03 21:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't like something about the BDT on my Dark Ring. :X

Edit:

This is my naked RUN with just an Epeolatry equipped. It is saying that I'm missing 2DT, although the PDTII part looks correct.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-04-03 22:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Asura.Inuyushi said: »
Defence is spelled incorrectly. It's Defense.

Defense is only correct in the USA. Everywhere else (Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, etc), the proper spelling is defence.

In the client itself, it is "Defense", so that is what it should be referenced as.
[+]
 Odin.Ewellina
Server: Odin
user: colway
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-04 02:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Defense is only correct in the USA. Everywhere else (Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, etc), the proper spelling is defence.

I love you for that comment, thanks lol
[+]
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-04 02:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ok thanks for the post with the dark ring, ididnt have an item with the augment for breath damamge, so didnt know the correct spelling for it to look for, ill add it today. as for the sword ill take a look

the -2 DT is due to the string code piking up the "physical damamge taken II" as "damamge taken +2". due to the string being so similar i had to change any potential matches to an other name. i named pdt2 to PDT_2 and dt as DT_, so when it checked for DT_ it picked up the DT and 2 from PDT_2. that might not make sence to people but i did change it. and that was the version i accidently didnt push. so if u regrab 'v1.6.4.0' it wont be there. i checked how many people downloaded the bad uploaded and it was just 1 at the time. you must have missed the post.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-04-04 02:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I thought I picked it up again afterwards, but I will check again once the servers are back up. Thank you.
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-04 02:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Rajang said: »
Ah, I thought I picked it up again afterwards, but I will check again once the servers are back up. Thank you.

im goin to double check stuff too. some of the values in your images dont make sence
 Phoenix.Faloun
Server: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2018-04-04 02:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Quote:
parse - Will parse all of your gear in your inventories (including MH) to file.

if this is what I think it is then, i love you

Same here, you gonna get a lot of love
 Carbuncle.Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-04-04 03:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The servers came back up, so I tried grabbing your v1.6.4.0 to check again with Epeolatry and Burtgang. I think it's still picking up the PDTII as a 2DT.
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-04 03:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

u need to //gi parse overwise the file will still have DT = 2 for those items. although, i have no idea why the -2 is turning into 4 in the combined section, thats blaggin my head. i cnt reproduce it on my end. let me know if update fixes it for you.

edit: pushed update to fix problems etc. you can get it here v1.6.4.1. or on the OP
 Carbuncle.Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-04-04 03:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The Combined Defence section was turning strange for me when I started taking gear off.

Here is my entire tanking set equipped:

The values are correct, except the DT should be 33 in that above set.

This is what happens to the Combined Defence once I manually remove each equipped piece (except the Epeolatry):

I'll try with your v1.6.4.1 now. Thank you.

Edit: Ohhh, it looks like Epeolatry and Burtgang are working fine now. I'm also not getting strange values in Combined Defence. Awesome!
[+]
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-04 03:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

did you do a "//gi parse" ? and are you 100% one of the items isn't DT +2 and your confusing it with -2? (just checking, you never know) if neither is right. go in the data folder, go to your character_data.lua and find your epeo in there and copy the whole table for that item and post it here pls, or geme a link to the file
 Carbuncle.Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-04-04 03:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried //gi parse after the v1.6.4.0 and I couldn't resolve it, but with v1.6.4.1, the extra 2DT went away. I think it's working fine now.
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-04 03:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Carbuncle.Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-04-04 04:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I was trying to figure or why the PDT2 from the Herculean Boots base wasn't showing. I think the description for that piece when it's parsed is too long, and the last bit is cut off:

["discription"]="DEF:79 HP+9 STR+16 DEX+24 VIT+10 AGI+43 MND+11 CHR+26 Accuracy+10 Attack+10 Ranged Accuracy+10 Ranged Attack+10 Magic Accuracy+10 \"Magic Atk. Bonus\"+10 \"Magic Def. Bonus\"+5 Evasion+80 Magic Evasion+75 Haste+4% \"Triple Attack\"+2 \"Subtle Blow\"+6 Phy",
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-04 04:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I was trying to figure or why the PDT2 from the Herculean Boots base wasn't showing. I think the description for that piece when it's parsed is too long, and the last bit is cut off:

["discription"]="DEF:79 HP+9 STR+16 DEX+24 VIT+10 AGI+43 MND+11 CHR+26 Accuracy+10 Attack+10 Ranged Accuracy+10 Ranged Attack+10 Magic Accuracy+10 \"Magic Atk. Bonus\"+10 \"Magic Def. Bonus\"+5 Evasion+80 Magic Evasion+75 Haste+4% \"Triple Attack\"+2 \"Subtle Blow\"+6 Phy",

Yup unfortunatly theres alot of items like that in the resources. that discription is pulled directly from the windower resources. only way to fix it is to go in the resources and change it manually, unless the DEV team wana go fix all those.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-04-04 04:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ewellina said: »
Yup unfortunatly theres alot of items like that in the resources. that discription is pulled directly from the windower resources. only way to fix it is to go in the resources and change it manually, unless the DEV team wana go fix all those.

Ahhh, I see. Thanks for the information. I'll just be aware of the odd exceptions like this one.
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-04 04:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahhh, I see. Thanks for the information. I'll just be aware of the odd exceptions like this one.

you can if you want manually add ['PDT'] = -2, as one of the stats in the table for that item, and reload GI, it will then be correct, until you do a full parse again that is.
 Carbuncle.Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-04-04 04:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

you can if you want manually add ['PDT'] = -2, as one of the stats in the table for that item, and reload GI, it will then be correct, until you do a full parse again that is.

Ah, okay. I'll remember that too if I feel the need for it. I was just quickly checking some of my values in my hybrid sets, and noticed the boots were off. Thank you for the reply.
[+]
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-04 04:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

No worries dude. To be honest I'm loving the feedback everyone has given, its quiet motivating to keep working on it. I'm quiet happy to take feature requests too if they are within my scope of doing. Think i will update OP with a list of things i plan on adding. And update if i think a request is worthy.

So thanks everyone for being so supportive.
[+]
 Asura.Inuyushi
Server: Asura
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2018-04-04 08:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »

In the client itself, it is "Defense", so that is what it should be referenced as.

QFT :D

Also, I couldn't get GearInfo and my Gearswap to talk and just gave up on that. Is there any future possibility of just having a lua we can add to our library to have the two talk if we already use base Kinematics? Or tell us the exact files we need from your github to carry over and overwrite in our library folder? I don't really have it in my to switch to your specific luas and try to carry over my specific changes to Kinematic's base files. I know if your wiki for this you say "In order to make my Gearswap files work you will need the files in the Libs Directory and you will need a copy of the globals file that has some required code in order for everything to work." but that's rather vague as it points to more than just files needed to make gearinfo work with gearswap. e.g. - closetCleaner.lua is included in that directory.

It may be a lot to ask, but thought I would anyway. Thanks for the hard work!
By Kilobyte 2018-04-04 08:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
GearInfo: Lua runtime error: gearinfo/Gear_Processing.lua:414: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'value' (a nil value)

Happens when I change to Ranger.
Edit; if I remove my ammo, Eradicating Bullet, the error stops. As soon as I put it back on it starts again.

Edit 2; tried with different weapon and it continues. Happens when any ammo is equipped.
[+]
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-04 09:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Kilobyte said: »
Quote:
GearInfo: Lua runtime error: gearinfo/Gear_Processing.lua:414: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'value' (a nil value)

Happens when I change to Ranger.
Edit; if I remove my ammo, Eradicating Bullet, the error stops. As soon as I put it back on it starts again.

Edit 2; tried with different weapon and it continues. Happens when any ammo is equipped.

k thanks, ill look into it

Edit, i fixed it. it was a naming missmatch and a couple other things.

find it here., updated the OP too.
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-04 09:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »

QFT :D

Also, I couldn't get GearInfo and my Gearswap to talk and just gave up on that. Is there any future possibility of just having a lua we can add to our library to have the two talk if we already use base Kinematics? Or tell us the exact files we need from your github to carry over and overwrite in our library folder? I don't really have it in my to switch to your specific luas and try to carry over my specific changes to Kinematic's base files. I know if your wiki for this you say "In order to make my Gearswap files work you will need the files in the Libs Directory and you will need a copy of the globals file that has some required code in order for everything to work." but that's rather vague as it points to more than just files needed to make gearinfo work with gearswap. e.g. - closetCleaner.lua is included in that directory.

It may be a lot to ask, but thought I would anyway. Thanks for the hard work!

Ill do my best to add all the info to the wiki today for you, but no promises.

edit: I added a quick code page to the wiki. I don't think i missed anything.
By Kilobyte 2018-04-04 11:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
k thanks, ill look into it

Edit, i fixed it. it was a naming missmatch and a couple other things.

find it here., updated the OP too.

Sweet, I'll update and try it out. Thanks!
 Asura.Murisia
user: Murisia
By Asura.Murisia 2018-04-04 23:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

To the OP, this is the first time I've taken a moment to read this thread and I must say I am impressed. This is quite far a useful tool for someone like me who has trouble putting together the right sets sometimes lol. Much obliged and thank you.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-04 23:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually a really useful tool. Very cool.
[+]
 Asura.Murisia
user: Murisia
By Asura.Murisia 2018-04-04 23:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

I agree, I actually just loaded up my game and downloaded this, can't get the DT part to show, but i'm still toying with it. I like it for the tp aspect, showing me a lot for my lolwar :P but i'm not a war by any stretch lol

edit: I figured it out :P i was just being slow at it lol
[+]
By Boshi 2018-04-05 01:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

very interesting tool,

I was very impressed that it seems to recognize haste samba once it's applied to the mob. I was wondering how I could implement this into gearswap.

1 thing I was confused about,
on THF with capped magic haste, haste levels are shown righ but it was saying I needed 21 DW
base thf this should be 11 DW needed,
Job Pointed thf like this should be 6DW needed
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-05 03:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
very interesting tool,

I was very impressed that it seems to recognize haste samba once it's applied to the mob. I was wondering how I could implement this into gearswap.

1 thing I was confused about,
on THF with capped magic haste, haste levels are shown righ but it was saying I needed 21 DW
base thf this should be 11 DW needed,
Job Pointed thf like this should be 6DW needed

I'm going to need a bit more info, thats not a lot to go off. i'm goin to need sub job, screen shots and what weapons you were using. I've never had a problem on my thf and neither has my friends, saying that however im not implying your doing something wrong, it could be a specific item thats not showing correctly or something.

The haste samba thing was tricky, you have to track haste spikes animation. in terms of you saying how to incorporate it into your GS, GearInfo already is able to tell GS how much haste values you have active. I spent a long time writting logic to track who casts what and a way to track individual bard buffs that match. you might find GI more accurate in that respect then you think.

The wiki has a lot of info on how to get stuff working, and all the commands. I updated it with code that people need to get GI and GS to talk.
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-05 03:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Murisia said: »
To the OP, this is the first time I've taken a moment to read this thread and I must say I am impressed. This is quite far a useful tool for someone like me who has trouble putting together the right sets sometimes lol. Much obliged and thank you.
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Thanks a lot for the kind messages. Much appreciated, Have a read of the wiki if you get stuck, or use //gi help in game for a list of commands.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14