2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Finally releasing this addon; GearInfo
Finally releasing this addon; GearInfo
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14
By Boshi 2020-09-11 12:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

gargurty said: »
i wanna know where the updates are lol. Im still having white boxes for malignance set.

... that's equipviewer

~~~

edit so previous topic not missed:
since update couple nights ago lots of people having visual error / flicker with the HUD for gearinfo

edit: thre's some errors popping up in the windower log:
translate: lua runtime error translate/translate.lua.238: attempt to index local "out_text" (a nil value)

remember: lua runtime error remember/remember.lua.43: attempt to index local "player" (a nil value)

when I go on one of my mules with gi loaded the screen fills up with errors till i unload it, but it only happens on a single char.
 Asura.Cambion
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2020-09-11 12:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend of mine is having the flicker issue as well, but I am not. At first I thought it was an issue with the skin I made\he uses, but after quite a bit of experimenting, with skins, positions, reloads, reinstalls etc... Nothing fixed it for him. I thought perhaps it might be a resolution issue of his computer (1440).
Can anyone else with the flicker just share what resolution they run both in your pc\monitor and if you have altered the base resolution of windower? At one point windower allowed us to change background resolution too, but I just came back and am rusty.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Arkanethered Asura 2020-09-11 13:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm running full screen 3440 x 1440 on my PC that has the flicker. (Nvidia 2080 RTX Super, capping frames at 59fps with internal settings.)

Turning off FPS cap or messing with FrameRateDivisor does nothing.

Also doing it on my laptop... which I have set for windowed 1366x786 (weird numbers I know). Nvidia 1070.
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2020-09-11 14:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Arkanethered Asura said: »
I'm running full screen 3440 x 1440 on my PC that has the flicker. (Nvidia 2080 RTX Super, capping frames at 59fps with internal settings.)

Turning off FPS cap or messing with FrameRateDivisor does nothing.

Also doing it on my laptop... which I have set for windowed 1366x786 (weird numbers I know). Nvidia 1070.

Thanks.

I guess a quicker way to answer my question would be... does anyone who runs 1080p have the flicker issue?
By Arkanethered 2020-09-11 14:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Set my laptop to windowed borderless (1920x1080) which is it's full natural resolution. Still has the flicker.

Grasping at straws on this one.

Could someone who isn't having flicker issues please post your resolution and the version of gearinfo you're using?
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2020-09-11 15:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Arkanethered said: »
Set my laptop to windowed borderless (1920x1080) which is it's full natural resolution. Still has the flicker.

Grasping at straws on this one.

Could someone who isn't having flicker issues please post your resolution and the version of gearinfo you're using?

I run 1920x1080 and use version 1.7.2.7
No flicker for me. (I run full screen, windowless border, Windows 7, UI scaling 1.

I'm only trying to fix it for a friend.
By Boshi 2020-09-11 15:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

yea I'm not overly tech savy with this kinda stuff just sharing what I've seen. lemme check the weird error my mule gets

edit hmm the mule's not getting the error anymore. before his screen was full with it and wouldnt go away till i unloaded
 Carbuncle.Ardentblaze
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Ardentblaze 2020-09-12 09:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Having flickering as well. Deleted gearinfo and all prefs. redownloaded, still nothing. Just started happening yesterday. Anyone make any headway on this?

Display Resolution is 5120 * 2880.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Arkanethered Asura 2020-09-12 09:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasted a good half day messing with this. I don't know enough about .luas and how they are written to do much of anything.

However, I was able to get it to remain stable by having it show / hide each individual stat until they stopped flickering.

Use the //gi help command to see all of the show / hide calculations and just show / hide them until they stop flashing.

I really wish someone would pick this up since it does talk to GS and change haste sets based on current haste.
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2020-09-12 11:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to debug why this happens, but since I'm not at all familiar with Windower display libraries, input from someone who knows more about addon development would be appreciated.
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-09-14 07:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Arkanethered Asura said: »
I wasted a good half day messing with this. I don't know enough about .luas and how they are written to do much of anything.

However, I was able to get it to remain stable by having it show / hide each individual stat until they stopped flickering.

Use the //gi help command to see all of the show / hide calculations and just show / hide them until they stop flashing.

I really wish someone would pick this up since it does talk to GS and change haste sets based on current haste.

Sadly this solution doesn't work on mine. I can hide/show all the settings one by one and the same ones that were broken/flickering stay broken. In fact a ton of errors come up in log when I try. On 4k resolution here with 2080 Super like a few others. Would love for someone to figure this out as this is a critical addon.
 Leviathan.Supernads
Server: Leviathan
user: Supernads
By Leviathan.Supernads 2020-09-16 19:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I multibox at 2560x1440 and I was able to get it working by using gi show. It took me multiple times but eventually worked.
By DeusNoctis 2020-09-17 08:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
gargurty said: »
i wanna know where the updates are lol. Im still having white boxes for malignance set.

... that's equipviewer

~~~

edit so previous topic not missed:
since update couple nights ago lots of people having visual error / flicker with the HUD for gearinfo

edit: thre's some errors popping up in the windower log:
translate: lua runtime error translate/translate.lua.238: attempt to index local "out_text" (a nil value)

remember: lua runtime error remember/remember.lua.43: attempt to index local "player" (a nil value)

when I go on one of my mules with gi loaded the screen fills up with errors till i unload it, but it only happens on a single char.

I've got a different error whenever I hide stats -

09:26:19 > GearInfo: Lua runtime error: gearinfo/Image_processing.lua:426: attempt to index field 'background' (a nil value)
09:26:19 > GearInfo: Lua runtime error: gearinfo/Image_processing.lua:511: attempt to index field 'background' (a nil value)
09:26:45 > GearInfo: Lua runtime error: gearinfo/Image_processing.lua:548: attempt to index field 'background' (a nil value)

(repeat ad nauseam)
 Asura.Nexdeus
user: Greyfin
By Asura.Nexdeus 2020-09-17 10:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I was getting the flicker issue, but I just noticed it's not currently flickering, it looks fine. I was moving my game window between my primary and secondary monitor, I minimized it, and the other day I reloaded the plugin a few times until some squares showed up. I have no idea what could have resolved it, but now I'm afraid to reload it, or log out hahah
 Asura.Gilfeather
By Asura.Gilfeather 2020-09-17 10:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I've made a reddit post about this as well. Lygre worked on other addons with OP, but not this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/iujsip/gearinfo_broken_since_latest_patch/
 Asura.Essylt
By Asura.Essylt 2020-10-01 07:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Based on the findings in the Reddit thread:

Changing the update rate (gearinfo.lua, around line #1104) to frame_count%30 and then manually showing/hiding every section does, indeed, seem to fix the flickering.
[+]
By Boshi 2020-10-01 10:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you
By Xhyllos 2020-10-01 13:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way, I'm sure many of you have experienced this error, whhere if you load gearinfo, and you had the haste section deactivated, then an error would pop every frame saying that haste has a nil value.

This is due to the update_gs function, which has a parameter named haste. It seems that if the haste block is deactivated in your settings, meaning that it was deactivated the last time you unloaded gearinfo, then the haste parameter isn't being fed any value.

To correct this, I've simply added a check at the beginning of the function:

function update_gs(DW, Total_DW_needed, haste, MA, MA_needed)
if not haste then
haste = get_total_haste()
end
end
 Bahamut.Bizarro
Server: Bahamut
user: bizarro
By Bahamut.Bizarro 2020-10-01 15:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »

Changing the update rate (gearinfo.lua, around line #1104) to frame_count%30 and then manually showing/hiding every section does, indeed, seem to fix the flickering.

//gi hide all still shows r.acc and ugs but no flicker.
//gi show dt shows blank boxes for pdt dt and mdt but shows a value for bdt

I aint complaining just putting the info out there for others. It'll get fixed in time, or it won't.
By Xhyllos 2020-10-02 02:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bizarro said: »

//gi hide all still shows r.acc and ugs but no flicker.
//gi show dt shows blank boxes for pdt dt and mdt but shows a value for bdt

I aint complaining just putting the info out there for others. It'll get fixed in time, or it won't.

For me, I just spam "//gi show haste" (or any other section) until all boxes appear. After that, everything is back to normal, mostly. Only the dual wield calculation seems to be somewhat sluggish now. But for the most part, gearinfo works fine for me.
 Bismarck.Ruzaki
Server: Bismarck
user: roxya
By Bismarck.Ruzaki 2020-10-02 07:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

He assigns the name of each ImageBlock using a random hexadecimal number like this (Image_processing.lua)

Code
o.name = (_addon and _addon.name or 'image') .. '_gensym_' .. tostring(t):sub(8) .. '_%.8x':format(16^8 * math.random()):sub(3)

But the number often comes out as 000000. This means many of the tiles blocks have the same "name" (all 000000) and that is what messes it up.

As far as I can tell, it's unnecessary to use random as he is assigning each block a unique "order" when it gets created. So changing the above line (which appears 3 times) to this seems to work:

Code
o.name = (_addon and _addon.name or 'image') .. '_gensym_' .. tostring(t):sub(8) .. order

This is on lines 73, 82, and 94. I will happily send him a PR to fix if anyone can try and confirm (I don't actually use this addon)
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
By Asura.Essylt 2020-10-02 07:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

This does seem to work rather well. I wonder what the reasoning behind needing a randomized name was.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-10-02 07:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This does seem to work rather well. I wonder what the reasoning behind needing a randomized name was.

My guess is the randomization is an index into a hash table (but realistically, every item you equip already has a unique item ID).
[+]
By Katyl 2020-10-02 10:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tested Ruzaki's code and tried reloading a few times to confirm before I head to work and have had 0 problems with columns displaying. Tried showing/hiding individually and is functioning as intended as well. Thanks for looking into this! Definitely worth putting in a PR for that code change.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-10-02 11:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Xhyllos 2020-10-02 14:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruzaki's code worked for me. Thanks!
 Bismarck.Ruzaki
Server: Bismarck
user: roxya
By Bismarck.Ruzaki 2020-10-02 15:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I've submitted a PR, for now my version lives here:

https://github.com/roxya/GearInfo/tree/removerandom

As said before the only changes are to Image_processing.lua
[+]
 Bahamut.Bizarro
Server: Bahamut
user: bizarro
By Bahamut.Bizarro 2020-10-02 16:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Worked for me as well!

Thank you!
 Lakshmi.Aesyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: Fallyn
By Lakshmi.Aesyr 2020-10-05 05:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you very much for the fix!
By gojito 2020-10-16 11:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Ruzaki! This issue was driving me nuts. Your change fixed it for me as well.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14