Game: FFXI
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-12-05 18:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Erinys

YouTube Video Placeholder

RUN: No idea, can't see him.
COR x2: Chaos, Sam, Monk, Tac rolls,
GEO x2: Indi-STR, Geo-Frailty, Indi-AGI, Geo-Fury, maybe entrusted defensive buffs (barrier/wilt maybe)?
SMN: Crystal Blessing, Crimson Howl.

RUN tags hate on all, then SMN begins Mewing Lullaby cycle.

CORs ranged TP on adds, then use <lastst> macros to Last Stand on Erinys. Guess that's to minimize targeting issues. They're also subbed NIN for Subtle Blow.

A single SMN can easily keep Erinys from ever using any JAs with this low level of TP-feed, so it's just steady as she goes until dead, which doesn't take too long.
 Asura.Essylt
Server: Asura
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2020-12-05 19:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Asura.Essylt said: »
They actually made a point of not using Bolster (or any other SPs, apparently). But otherwise, that's pretty much it.

They called it their 'without SP' round of HELMs, but they did end up using SPs in a few spots like Schah and Zerde.

I admit, I took them on their word for that. Didn't watch for whether they actually stuck with it.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-12-05 19:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Albumen

RUN: Rayke, Gambit (Albumen has 60% dark magic resistance),
BRD: Honor March, Madrigal x2, Fire Carol
GEO: Indi-Attunement, BOG Geo-Malaise, entrust Vex,
RDM: Haste, Phalanx
CORx2: Wizard, Samurai, Monk, Fighter rolls,

Nitro Lullaby adds then attack. Melee for TP and use Leaden Salute. This is a full Malignance fight. Have panaceas handy to remove statuses, particularly amnesia. Watch for hate resets, keep utsusemi up and turn if you become targeted to avoid counter.

RDM should sub BLM to bury Albumen in debuffs with elemental seal assistance. Guessing Frazzle, Distract, Silence and Addle are the critical ones to maintain. Bio to help the tank take 0 damage to limit TP feed.

BRD is main healing the tank.

Before 28:00, BRD resets Nitro with temps in preparation to sleep second wave of adds. Lullaby timing has to be almost perfect.
CORs then use Random Deals to reset Nitro again in case of 3rd wave pop.

There's really not anything out of the ordinary happening in this one outside of the party composition. Albumen w/o a WHM is pretty ballsy.
[+]
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-12-05 20:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Have panaceas handy to remove statuses, particularly amnesia. Watch for hate resets, keep utsusemi up and turn if you become targeted to avoid counter.
Does anyone know what the success rate is for a panacea removing amnesia?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-12-06 17:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The videos are nicely done. Hard to tell what temps are used on what battles. Looks like he could be popping assassins/monarchs possibly?
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-12-07 09:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bravers, Monarch, Oracle, Assassins, Soldiers, Lucid Wings, etc.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-12-07 09:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Teles

RUN: Rayke, Gambit
WHM: Baraera, Boost-AGI and Auspice probably,
GEO: Indi-Fade, BOG Geo-Malaise, Indi-Haste
CORx2: Wizard, Samurai, Monk, Fighter rolls,
RDM: Haste, Silence, Frazzle

Teles evasion is lower than Albumen, so the BRD job changed to WHM just in case they ran into Invincible/Dia (300 tick) aura.

They used Rayke to bypass Teles' innate 50% dark damage resistance, and also used Gambit to boost damage. Use meds and/or Random Deals reset Rayke + Gambit as necessary.

CORs popped temps at beginning of the fight.

RDM should give priority to Frazzle and Silence. The latter is particularly important to counter Virelai charm during Soul Voice, where charm buffers may be dispelled by Sonic Buffet or Finale. Distract and Addle are probably priorities as well.

Many of Teles' SP/auras should be cancelled with procs from Leaden, so the fight should be over quickly. Guessing if Invincible was used they'd just continue TPing w/ Lucid Wings, or the same Quick Draws/Resets they used on Schah and Vini.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-12-07 10:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerde

RUN: Rayke, Gambit, Stun
GEOx2: BOG Geo-Languor and Indi-Focus, BOG Geo-Malaise, Indi-Haste for stunner, Entrust Haste and Indi-Acumen on CORs,
CORx2: Didn't mention rolls they used, but assume it's same as Teles and Albumen,
SCH: Voidstorm, Regen, Regain, Enmity-, Stun.

Good idea to have both the the SCH and RUN sub BLM for Stun. With Languor and Focus, even a RUN should be able to land it w/o any issues. Initial stun is Elemental Seal'd. Stunners should use macc temps before pop for extra insurance. Looks like they were animation stunning every JA, and actually ended up missing one.

Rayke/Gambit to start. Zerde has innate 50% resistance to dark damage as well.

CORs pop their temps and go to town w/ Leaden, meleeing for TP. High damage magic WS's will stagger Zerde, so that should assist w/ stunning. The fight shouldn't last very long.

The tank should use Charm Buffer in case Slimy Proposal is used. GEOs are subbed WHM to handle curing.

I'm not sure what the DPS difference between Wildfire and Leaden would be here. Guessing SCD would be pretty huge multiplier on Zerde if fire and dark Rayke are both active.
By ksoze 2020-12-08 03:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm trying to build my cor for dynad, its a process but it shows you don't need bis.

for ppl that are curious about one shotting statues in dynad, this was my setup in windy and it worked.
no resists or maybe i was lucky.
did wave 1 boss with this also with my pup tanking the statue and shooting leaden.

wizard roll / tact roll
indi-acumen
songs: swift / quick etude

tp above 2k

gun was
range="fomalhaut",
ammo="Chrono Bullet",

food: snowcone

shots were between 25 - 22k

neck is rank 20

set:
Code
            head="Pixie Hairpin +1",
            body={ name="Herculean Vest", augments={'Mag. Acc.+19 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+19','Magic burst dmg.+2%','STR+3','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+4',}},
            hands={ name="Carmine Fin. Ga. +1", augments={'Rng.Atk.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+12','"Store TP"+6',}},
            legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'Weapon skill damage +5%','AGI+3','Rng.Acc.+12',}},
            feet={ name="Lanun Bottes +2", augments={'Enhances "Wild Card" effect',}},

neck={ name="Comm. Charm +2", augments={'Path: A',}},

left_ear="Friomisi Earring",
            right_ear="Sortiarius Earring",

waist="Eschan Stone",

left_ring="Shiva Ring +1",
            right_ring="Dingir Ring",

Later found out that my moly does 3k more damage

Now i also got my
body={ name="Lanun Frac +2", augments={'Enhances "Loaded Deck" effect',}},
and it adds another 5+- k damage

Improvements I think will be weather waist and archon ring
By ksoze 2020-12-08 03:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

@Arislan thanks for commenting on the jp vids, that helps alot
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nightmarelord
Server: Ragnarok
user: BushinNmL
By Ragnarok.Nightmarelord 2020-12-08 03:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Do not base your results on wave 1. Wave 1 mobs are hella squish.
Can kill them with arma without wsing at all. Am3 op af in there.
21k per single bullet? bahahaha.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-12-08 04:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a huge speed difference between waiting for 2k tp and just going around WSing as soon as you have 1k TP.
 Bismarck.Xzerper
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Xzerper 2020-12-11 14:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Erinys

GEO x2: Indi-STR, Geo-Frailty, Indi-AGI, Geo-Fury, maybe entrusted defensive buffs (barrier/wilt maybe)?

CORs ranged TP on adds, then use <lastst> macros to Last Stand on Erinys. Guess that's to minimize targeting issues. They're also subbed NIN for Subtle Blow.

A single SMN can easily keep Erinys from ever using any JAs with this low level of TP-feed, so it's just steady as she goes until dead, which doesn't take too long.
Looks like they do not even /assist or do /ws <stnpc> on it. Looks like they are staying engaged to the adds, and using a WS macro that fires directly at the NM?

What/how are they doing that?
 Bismarck.Ringoko
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-12-11 14:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xzerper said: »
Erinys

Looks like they do not even /assist or do /ws <stnpc> on it. Looks like they are staying engaged to the adds, and using a WS macro that fires directly at the NM?

Probably <lastst>?
 Bismarck.Xzerper
By Bismarck.Xzerper 2020-12-11 20:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
Bismarck.Xzerper said: »
Erinys

Probably <lastst>?
Well, I am referring to how that macro works. Using it, would not always WS the last mob I had targeted unless it was actively claimed/red. Wouldn't register on non-engaged on targets.

Assuming the tank is not engaging the main boss, if CORs are engaged on another, wouldn't it go 'unclaimed'?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2020-12-12 11:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

ksoze said: »
i'm trying to build my cor for dynad, its a process but it shows you don't need bis.

for ppl that are curious about one shotting statues in dynad, this was my setup in windy and it worked.
no resists or maybe i was lucky.
did wave 1 boss with this also with my pup tanking the statue and shooting leaden.

wizard roll / tact roll
indi-acumen
songs: swift / quick etude

tp above 2k

gun was
range="fomalhaut",
ammo="Chrono Bullet",

food: snowcone

shots were between 25 - 22k

neck is rank 20

set:
Code
            head="Pixie Hairpin +1",
            body={ name="Herculean Vest", augments={'Mag. Acc.+19 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+19','Magic burst dmg.+2%','STR+3','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+4',}},
            hands={ name="Carmine Fin. Ga. +1", augments={'Rng.Atk.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+12','"Store TP"+6',}},
            legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'Weapon skill damage +5%','AGI+3','Rng.Acc.+12',}},
            feet={ name="Lanun Bottes +2", augments={'Enhances "Wild Card" effect',}},

neck={ name="Comm. Charm +2", augments={'Path: A',}},

left_ear="Friomisi Earring",
            right_ear="Sortiarius Earring",

waist="Eschan Stone",

left_ring="Shiva Ring +1",
            right_ring="Dingir Ring",

Later found out that my moly does 3k more damage

Now i also got my
body={ name="Lanun Frac +2", augments={'Enhances "Loaded Deck" effect',}},
and it adds another 5+- k damage

Improvements I think will be weather waist and archon ring

I think way back when, I did a comparison on Moly, Fomalhaut, and TP Bonus on my mule. The results were where TP bonus actually outperformed other two until they got up high enough TP where Moly would just win based on stats. Which was any point after 2k TP. It's a really good gun and I don't feel too guilty popping off leadens in it even though it's meant for Savage Blade. With a puppet tank, you may just want to experiment with pulling a statue and letting a 1.25k TP leaden rip with TP bonus gun and see how it fares.
[+]
 Odin.Algeron
user: Algeron
By Odin.Algeron 2020-12-17 01:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I looked around various posts for tp builds with Naegling and found that thibron seems to be the best offhand for it if properly geared.

Then I also came across the tp 1000 gun which is great for savage blade spam as well if you intend to offhand a dagger like tauret.

So I dunno if this question has been asked before, but would a cor with Naegling/thibron see the tp bonus applied to the gun ws with say a holliday or doomsday?

since the tp 1000 gun affects sword ws right? It should work the other way as well?
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-12-17 01:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but Cor can't use Thibron.
 Odin.Algeron
user: Algeron
By Odin.Algeron 2020-12-17 02:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently not the tp 1000 dagger either...

XD back to the drawing board I guess

Nag/tauret then for tp?

or are there better options to offhand with the nag for gun ws on cor?
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-12-17 03:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/20581/kustawi-1 for last stand

nageling/tauret works for leaden and wildfire
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2020-12-17 06:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Algeron said: »
Tauret is you BIS for magical WS, Kustawi +1 or Nusku Shield would be best for physical.
By SimonSes 2020-12-17 06:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Algeron said: »
Apparently not the tp 1000 dagger either...

XD back to the drawing board I guess

Nag/tauret then for tp?

If you looking for free options then probably that.
If you consider all options then SU4/5 path A/B is your goal for main hand with Tauret/DemersalDagenR15/BlurredKnife+1/KustawiR15 in the offhand (offhand depends on what ranged WS you want to use and if you are racc/ratt capped in WS set or not).
 Asura.Aller
user: AsAller
By Asura.Aller 2020-12-17 14:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If you consider all options then SU4/5 path A/B is your goal for main hand with Tauret/DemersalDagenR15/BlurredKnife+1/KustawiR15 in the offhand (offhand depends on what ranged WS you want to use and if you are racc/ratt capped in WS set or not).

This is melee TP sets we are talking about?
By SimonSes 2020-12-17 14:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aller said: »
Quote:

This is melee TP sets we are talking about?

He said "for TP" and "for gun ws", so I assumed he wants to TP with melee and WS with gun.
 Asura.Aller
user: AsAller
By Asura.Aller 2020-12-17 14:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, was just wondering if I should use Rostam path B instead of Naegling for melee TP and Leaden Salute now that I have it finished, so this helps!
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-12-17 16:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aller said: »
Ok, was just wondering if I should use Rostam path B instead of Naegling for melee TP and Leaden Salute now that I have it finished, so this helps!

Depending on the content you would either savage blade with naegling/tauret or leaden/wildfire with rostamB/tauret.
By Whynez 2020-12-17 18:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't Naegling/blurred +1 be BiS for savage blade situations due to increase in WS frequency? Same with Rostam B/Blurred +1 when meleeing for TP?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-12-17 22:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Whynez said: »
Wouldn't Naegling/blurred +1 be BiS for savage blade situations due to increase in WS frequency? Same with Rostam B/Blurred +1 when meleeing for TP?
Correct x2
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-12-17 22:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Correct x2

When using DP/Fomalhaut, I've been using Rostam A/Blurred +1 because I find myself swapping between melee/ranged TP (Triple shot up, mob pops PD, etc).

Not sure how it compares to Path A when strictly meleeing, but its nice having the versatility of the STP +25.
By SimonSes 2020-12-18 04:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
Asura.Chiaia said: »
Correct x2

When using DP/Fomalhaut, I've been using Rostam A/Blurred +1 because I find myself swapping between melee/ranged TP (Triple shot up, mob pops PD, etc).

Not sure how it compares to Path A when strictly meleeing, but its nice having the versatility of the STP +25.

Path A and B are very close, but path B synergize better with Malignance, same as OAT offhand. If you use multihit TP set tho and use Tauret offhand for Wildfire/Leaden, then Path A is almost break even, while being way better for shooting ofc. Path B has also value for lowman, when you want to take advantage of high subtle blow.
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 121 122 123