Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 121 122 123
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2020-11-18 23:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Berghman said: »
So uh... I'm using your lua for this... but I can't seem to find the utsusemi-portion where I can change the keybind for it.

I'm a total lua noob so I've got no idea what I'm doing.
Yeah, sometimes those binds are in a separate file, but it doesn't look like that's the case here. I would just do a normal bind with /ma Utsusemi: Ni or Ichi. Remember to unbind too.
 Asura.Aller
Server: Asura
user: AsAller
By Asura.Aller 2020-11-19 07:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

wondering what the max accuracy and ranged accuracy would be without buffs - trying to see where my sets stand i am right around 1400 for both and w3 was giving me a hard time
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-11-19 11:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Berghman said: »
So uh... I'm using your lua for this... but I can't seem to find the utsusemi-portion where I can change the keybind for it.

I'm a total lua noob so I've got no idea what I'm doing.

Sorry, I had Utsusemi binds defined in my init file, not in luas. Updated my global binds sidecar to fix that.

Should also mention that the COR lua has been updated, too.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2020-11-20 00:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Use the MWS Calculator in the guide for the exact answer... but the quick answer is, for most people, sticking w/ Carmine makes the most sense.

Non-DM requires off-path AGI roll to beat Carmine. And DM rolls would be better spent in other pieces, IMO.
I'm delving into this calculator and I have a question. On the row marked Base, what is giving 14 MAB?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-11-20 01:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

probably gifts
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-11-20 03:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aller said: »
wondering what the max accuracy and ranged accuracy would be without buffs - trying to see where my sets stand i am right around 1400 for both and w3 was giving me a hard time

If you're at a melee accuracy of 1400 without buffs or food, change your buffs. We typically tell our CORs and DDs to aim for 1250 melee accuracy prior to food/buffs, knowing that the quality of our buffers and using sushi or stewpots will suffice.

For specificity, I'll list what we do on wave3 to allow a 95%+ melee accuracy rate for DDs that have a base acc between 1250-1300:

Distract3
Honor March/Blade Madrigal/Sword Madrigal
Torpor
Stewpots

Since our primary form of DPS in wave 3 comes from Wildfire CORs, Trueflight RNGs, and DD RDM, we can maintain double march/double madrigal for our songs. For NIN,DNC, and THF Volte NMs we entrust Precision.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-11-20 03:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

If you're at a melee accuracy of 1400 without buffs or food, change your buffs. We typically tell our CORs and DDs to aim for 1250 melee accuracy prior to food/buffs, knowing that the quality of our buffers and using sushi or stewpots will suffice.

Its possible he might be talking about magic burst setup where COR is suppose to make TP without melee buffs and prolong skillchain to double darkness. Just speculating tho.
[+]
By burgerman 2020-11-23 22:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I had Utsusemi binds defined in my init file, not in luas. Updated my global binds sidecar to fix that.

Should also mention that the COR lua has been updated, too.

Sweet, thank you!
Also, I see in the lua that you mention GearInfo for it to automatically switch gearsets depending on the amount of haste one gets... I tried the GearInfo for a bit, but it seems to only hinder my gearswap from properly functioning.

So my question is; which version of GearInfo is stable to use with your lua?
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-11-24 00:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

burgerman said: »
Sweet, thank you!
Also, I see in the lua that you mention GearInfo for it to automatically switch gearsets depending on the amount of haste one gets... I tried the GearInfo for a bit, but it seems to only hinder my gearswap from properly functioning.

So my question is; which version of GearInfo is stable to use with your lua?

Should work with all versions, afaik.
By burgerman 2020-11-24 12:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Should work with all versions, afaik.

Alright... at certain times it won't switch gear. I'll update to the the most recent lua and see how it works.
 Asura.Aller
By Asura.Aller 2020-11-24 17:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Its possible he might be talking about magic burst setup where COR is suppose to make TP without melee buffs and prolong skillchain to double darkness. Just speculating tho.

Yes, I was actually talking about a lowman situation, where primary damage is coming from skillchain/MB. food + COR buffs only ones available.

Maybe a better question would be, what do those melee have as far as accuracy with buffs, when your telling them to shoot for 1250 w/o buffs?
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-11-24 18:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I would have to check but 1600-1700 sounds about right as far as I remember on drg or war fully buffed.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-11-24 21:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a RDM for Distract3?
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-11-25 07:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe a better question would be, what do those melee have as far as accuracy with buffs, when your telling them to shoot for 1250 w/o buffs?
1250 is a good number to hit. 100 more from Sushi if you need it (or 50~70 depending on other foods).
Then with minimal de/buffs you're sitting at the ~1400 you'll need for almost everything. And this can be tailored to always cap pDIF on more defensive, less evasive enemies; or in your case just making SCs for MBing.
So if your DDs can hit that, you have a lot of breathing room to tailor to the buffs you need for when you need them.

If you can get a GEO or a RDM, you'll need less buffs (and thusly lower acc); so if your lowman group is lacking either... breakout the coins on strings and get someone to do either. lol
Though if you're MBing, all the more better to get a GEO too. You'll get that sweet Malaise action, and they can nuke too.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-11-28 22:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Just came across this neat playlist of a Japanese 6-man party ripping through Escha HELMs with multiple CORs and thought it was worth sharing here.

What a fantastic showcase of job's full potential 2020, with all of our RMEA's (including R15 Arma!) featured prominently:

YouTube Video Placeholder

Go to the full playlist for the rest of the NMs.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2020-11-29 00:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

more importantly, with zero SPs used
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2020-11-29 04:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

What's more impressive is that the person recording seems to be playing on a literal toaster.
[+]
By Ahbon 2020-11-29 10:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for sharing ^^ its really pro .
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2020-12-02 14:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are the main and sub weapons different for Leaden Salute and Wildfire? The sets are assumed to be ranged TP sets, not melee sets, and both WS are magical. I would assume they would benefit similarly from Naegling/Tauret.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-12-02 14:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

STP helps leaden for more TP overflow, while Wildfire is not helped by TP overflow
[+]
By Whynez 2020-12-04 18:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a translation/breakdown of the strats they're using in these? Been interested in low manning more content.
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2020-12-04 19:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Whynez said: »
Anyone have a translation/breakdown of the strats they're using in these? Been interested in low manning more content.

You can screenshot the text during vid and throw it in google translate. The magic ws zergs are most the ***you would expect: gambit, rayke, bolster malaise/acumen. The 6 man dynamis is pretty impressive.
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2020-12-04 23:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Dade said: »
You can screenshot the text during vid and throw it in google translate. The magic ws zergs are most the ***you would expect: gambit, rayke, bolster malaise/acumen. The 6 man dynamis is pretty impressive.
They actually made a point of not using Bolster (or any other SPs, apparently). But otherwise, that's pretty much it.
 Asura.Aller
By Asura.Aller 2020-12-05 13:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kludge said: »
Quote:
What are the reasons to offhand a Rostam any more? DT boost? That's about the only situation I can come with any more.

Rostam gives 33 more accuracy than DD+1, 55 more than Blurred+1, it preserves the viability of your magical WSs, and it lets you gear more aggressively - accounting for 12 DT you don't need to cover elsewhere.

DD+1 is more of a higher-accuracy blurred+1 than anything, and it comes with the downside of not being a dagger. That's why it's good for the scenarios that we both highlighted, but not really that much else; i.e. when Blurred+1 is an option.

Though, boil it down to personal preference and I may be more inclined to swap to Rostam both for the acc and because my hybrid set anticipates it in the offhand.

Quote:
Magic Accuracy? I'll sacrifice the 10macc difference between it and a Tauret for extra damage any day.

If I'm going to use Blurred+1 or DD+1 then I'm prancing in Savage Blade land and M.Acc. (and magic damage) isn't really on my radar.

Offhanding a Rostam when in Savage Blade mode will add less mainhand acc than the Demersal Degen, because the raw accuracy from it and the DEX is larger than the acc on a Rostam, once the "dagger skill" becomes moot. Of course it has value for the actual swings of the offhand weapon in any scenario, but again that's where I'd fall back on the OAT feature for Demersal.

Demersal also ends up with +45magic accuracy, a loss of a mere +5 macc if "preserving the viability of your magical WSs" is a concern. Again, with faster TP gain than an offhanded Rostam. Kustawi+1 ends up with a respectable chunk of magic accuracy, but if you're shooting and using magical WSs I don't see why not to go for Tauret. If you need the extra magic accuracy skill from a Rostam compared to those three choices along with the raw macc, well then maybe its more than just your gear, its your target or buff/debuff array.

I just don't see it worth the loss in TP gain or magical damage buffs available in really any situation any more.

Could you explain this to me? I was just going through the same debate in my head. For Savage Blade ACC swap, would I use Rostam or DD+1. I thought rostam has 50 accuracy and DD+1 has 45 plus the DEX, right? So they seem equal to me, except that I have the rostam currently and need to r15 the DD+1, yet. I also realized the 12DT with rolls might help, as this would surely be in a hybrid set. What am I missing?
By SimonSes 2020-12-05 13:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Could you explain this to me? I was just going through the same debate in my head. For Savage Blade ACC swap, would I use Rostam or DD+1. I thought rostam has 50 accuracy and DD+1 has 45 plus the DEX, right? So they seem equal to me, except that I have the rostam currently and need to r15 the DD+1, yet. I also realized the 12DT with rolls might help, as this would surely be in a hybrid set. What am I missing?

10dex is 7-8 acc so its more than 5. Marginally. DD+1 has OAT tho, which will clearly win for DPS by a lot, especially in hybrid set (because that would probably be Malignance, so more sTP, less multi-attack, which favors OAT a lot)
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-12-05 13:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Simon basically said everything I would.
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2020-12-05 14:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
They actually made a point of not using Bolster (or any other SPs, apparently). But otherwise, that's pretty much it.

fair enough, main vid of theirs I watched closely was zerde which was bolstered.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-12-05 17:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »

They called it their 'without SP' round of HELMs, but they did end up using SPs in a few spots like Schah and Zerde.

They actually did more than just buff and attack.

I'll break down each vid ss time permits. They did a few really clever things that I haven't seen anybody else do before.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-12-05 17:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Schah

RUN: Rayke, Gambit on Schah, maybe on a Gaja too,
SCH: Firestorm for adds, Voidstorm for Schah, regain, Regen and enmity-,
GEO: BOG Malaise, Acumen, entrust Wilt for adds, Bolster Malaise, Acumen, and entrust Focus for Schah,
COR x3: Wiz, Warlock, Sam, Tac, Monk's, Allies rolls.

Zerged all the adds with Wildfire.

For Schah, they switched to Leaden Salute. Popped all damage+ temps before attacking her.

The clever thing they did was to use Quickdraw (in STP sets) exclusively to gain TP, then reset with Random Deal and temps after each attack round. They kept the Mantri alive as a potential TP-battery but didn't end up having to use her. Guessing this was to bypass the huge evasion jump (they had no ranged acc buffs) and also feed zero-tp.

The GEO did Bolster on Schah, since they said it's too difficult to kill it w/o.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-12-05 18:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Vinipata

RUN: Rayke, Gambit
SCH: Firestorm, Regain, Regen, Enmity -,
GEO: BOG Malaise, Focus, entrust Acumen,
COR x2: Likely Wiz, Warlock, Sam, Tac rolls,
BRD: AGI Etudes for sure, not sure about the other two songs,

RUN pops, BRD sleeps adds, they pull Vinipata away.

Impact to coax it into Yaksha stance, RUN also has minimal buffs on (just Haste and Regen) as to not trigger Raksha stance.

Once it's in Yaksha, they pop temps, then use the same Quickdraw + reset attack pattern they used on Schah (but this time using Wildfire) until dead.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 121 122 123