Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 121 122 123
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-03-01 23:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

GREAT job Afania and Arislan! TYVM. Now I don't have to talk to Afania in-game! ;)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-03-02 01:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well done. This joins guides I find to be really thorough and well thought out. Like the BST guide. ;D
[+]
 Leviathan.Eloc
Server: Leviathan
user: Eloc
By Leviathan.Eloc 2018-03-02 04:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Excellent, excellent guide. Many thanks!
 Asura.Teutates
Server: Asura
user: Teutates
By Asura.Teutates 2018-03-02 06:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome work Pirates!! Many thanks!!
By Ramyrez 2018-03-02 07:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nicely done. Thank you for keeping this going.

That said, admirable as it is, I would say to you as I have said to your predecessors in this endeavor:

This sort of selfless effort -- willingly sacrificing your drinking, gambling, and pillaging time! -- is somewhat unbecoming of a pirate. It is the type of charitable precedent that is dangerous to set/perpetuate!
[+]
By Afania 2018-03-02 08:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Very nicely done. Thank you for keeping this going.

That said, admirable as it is, I would say to you as I have said to your predecessors in this endeavor:

This sort of selfless effort -- willingly sacrificing your drinking, gambling, and pillaging time! -- is somewhat unbecoming of a pirate. It is the type of charitable precedent that is dangerous to set/perpetuate!

It's part of my evil plan to train and inspire new pirates to join my growing pirate crew.

More people drinking, gambling and pillaging moarrrre! That's the life of pirates, we work with comrades :)
[+]
 Asura.Fabiano
user: Falsetto
By Asura.Fabiano 2018-03-02 08:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome guide, inspirational even!

Cant wait to dig in and see how I can fine tune my sets even further
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-03-02 09:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

AF +3 body is better than Carmine +1 for Leaden?
By hobo 2018-03-02 09:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

AF+3 gives 22 more agi and trades the 42 mab for 10wsd, so it wins by a decent margin
 Asura.Brahk
user: Brahk
By Asura.Brahk 2018-03-02 10:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Amazing guide! Timely as I'm just leveling my alt's COR. One of the best looking guides on AH as well! Great job.
By Afania 2018-03-02 10:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

Yes unless every other slot of your WS set has low or no mab.
 Ragnarok.Camlann
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2018-03-02 11:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

What is optimal relation between the different stats (wsd, agi, mab) that boost Leaden?
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-03-02 12:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

Yes unless every other slot of your WS set has low or no mab.
Thanks for clarifying! I've never tested myself i just recall carmine +1 being pretty top notch before and it's what i have in my current xml.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-03-02 12:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks so much to Arislan and Afania for making this guide, I made some tweaks and my Corsair feels stronger already. Wish I could use more of the sets (inventory issues), as well as have more than three capes. Perhaps should put this in the Random Question Thread, but I just want to ask this in case other Corsairs wanted to know.

Consider the following before you answer: 1) I have never, and probably will never use Gearswap, and 2) will likely never have Wardrobe 3&4 unless they're free ..

.. how do I make use of more than 3 mantles? On my DRK I have four, but I have to manually change my equipsets each time I jump on it. However, with my Corsair I've been using scripts (it's the only job I do this with, it was to ensure I didn't lag and shoot my Animikii) and I know you can target mantles in wardrobes by putting "1" or "2" at the end. What if you had two mantles in Inventory? Would it be possible to point to a specific one using scripts? Or is it impossible outside of gearswap? Thanks for any advice.
By Afania 2018-03-02 12:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Camlann said: »
What is optimal relation between the different stats (wsd, agi, mab) that boost Leaden?

It's better to check with spreadsheets or use formula.

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Thanks so much to Arislan and Afania for making this guide, I made some tweaks and my Corsair feels stronger already. Wish I could use more of the sets (inventory issues), as well as have more than three capes. Perhaps should put this in the Random Question Thread, but I just want to ask this in case other Corsairs wanted to know.

Consider the following before you answer: 1) I have never, and probably will never use Gearswap, and 2) will likely never have Wardrobe 3&4 unless they're free ..

.. how do I make use of more than 3 mantles? On my DRK I have four, but I have to manually change my equipsets each time I jump on it. However, with my Corsair I've been using scripts (it's the only job I do this with, it was to ensure I didn't lag and shoot my Animikii) and I know you can target mantles in wardrobes by putting "1" or "2" at the end. What if you had two mantles in Inventory? Would it be possible to point to a specific one using scripts? Or is it impossible outside of gearswap? Thanks for any advice.

1) Put them in wardrobe, sort it so it's nice and organized.
2) Open your equipset and "define" the correct backpiece to swap to in equipset menu.
3) DO NOT ever move the backpiece out of wardrobe after you tell which backpiece is correct to swap again. If you do that you have to do 1) again.

Test it now, it should swap the correct backpiece when you click your equipset macros.
By Nocki 2018-03-02 12:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This is honestly quite good and clean and pretty and yay!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-03-02 13:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

2) Open your equipset and "define" the correct backpiece to swap to in equipset menu.
3) DO NOT ever move the backpiece out of wardrobe after you tell which backpiece is correct to swap again. If you do that you have to do 1) again.

Test it now, it should swap the correct backpiece when you click your equipset macros.

Oh I was hoping to not have to revert my scripts to equipsets at this point, but if it's the only way to do it? Also I didn't know if you put two mantles in a Wardrobe you can permanently fix the right mantles in to macros? I've been having two mantles in my Inventory instead, and manually sorting them out each time I change job.

Edit: So I could technically have 5 mantles for each job, with 2 in each Wardrobe. 6 if I'm willing to manually change equipsets when I switch job. Wish I knew this sooner.
 Ragnarok.Camlann
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2018-03-02 13:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't spread sheet. Want a ratio rule to go by.
 Odin.Spoiled
Server: Odin
user: Spoiled
By Odin.Spoiled 2018-03-02 13:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a great guide. Thank you guys so much for making it! Can’t wait to destroy my inventory gearing COR.
[+]
By Afania 2018-03-02 13:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I was hoping to not have to revert my scripts to equipsets at this point, but if it's the only way to do it? Also I didn't know if you put two mantles in a Wardrobe you can permanently fix the right mantles in to macros? I've been having two mantles in my Inventory instead, and manually sorting them out each time I change job.

Edit: So I could technically have 5 mantles for each job, with 2 in each Wardrobe. 6 if I'm willing to manually change equipsets when I switch job. Wish I knew this sooner.

You should be able to have as many mantles per wardrobe.

I don't spread sheet. Want a ratio rule to go by.

Unfortunately there are no static ratio rule to go by for this(or any FFXI DPS gearing anyways)
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-03-02 13:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It works the same if you have 3 or 4 mantles in the same wardrobe? I'm going to have to rethink what I spend my points on for the next couple of months.
 Asura.Dodu
user: Tsuko
By Asura.Dodu 2018-03-02 14:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Obligatory if you're going to have to spend any amount of time adjusting something to accommodate this change, it would probably take a very similar amount of time to rip someone's GS and tailor it to your equipment

For reference, I made a very functional, simple GS for my COR in under ten minutes
By Boshi 2018-03-02 14:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

/clap

should add a note:
please use jeanpaul's status icon mod so you can tell your roll icons apart.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-03-02 14:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dodu said: »
Obligatory if you're going to have to spend any amount of time adjusting something to accommodate this change, it would probably take a very similar amount of time to rip someone's GS and tailor it to your equipment

For reference, I made a very functional, simple GS for my COR in under ten minutes

Nope, not learning all that. Tried it .. gave up. Tried again, gave up. I do fine without thanks.
By Boshi 2018-03-02 14:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're really deadset against not using gearswap.

You have to put your mantles into a wardrobe. Doesn't matter which one it is or if they're all in the same.
Once you select that mantle and put it in an equipset the game will remember it.
If you ever move that mantle to a -different- box (case, inventory, ward1/ward2) ect you have to reset it in that equipset.

you can have them in your inventory, but you'll have to reclick them into their spot in your equipsets every single time you move them out of the inventory box.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-03-02 14:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
If you're really deadset against not using gearswap.

You have to put your mantles into a wardrobe. Doesn't matter which one it is or if they're all in the same.
Once you select that mantle and put it in an equipset the game will remember it.
If you ever move that mantle to a -different- box (case, inventory, ward1/ward2) ect you have to reset it in that equipset.

you can have them in your inventory, but you'll have to reclick them into their spot in your equipsets every single time you move them out of the inventory box.

Yeah Afania kindly already explained this to me, and I replied above by saying that this means I'm going to have rethink and make some new mantles for all my jobs. Thanks anyways. I'm not sure how many times I have to say this but .. no to gearswap, no, no no. I've tried again, and again, and again, but no. I'm only saying this because I get the same thing every time I bring it up, and it never ends. Don't mean to come across as rude.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-03-02 14:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to drop a line saying how lovely this new guide is. Nice layout, comfortable language, visually pleasing.... haven't even commented on the quality of the information.

Bravo.
By Boshi 2018-03-02 14:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

small fix on leaden set
carmine hands path b -> d

(eyeballing)
I would argue relic+3 hat is very competitive for Last stand
vs base herc: AGI+16 STR+13 racc+37 ratt+72
vs meg+2: AGI+10 STR+8 racc-11 ratt+43
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-03-02 16:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

small fix on leaden set
carmine hands path b -> d

Thanks for catching that good sir, fixed. :)

I would argue relic+3 hat is very competitive for Last stand
vs base herc: AGI+16 STR+13 racc+37 ratt+72
vs meg+2: AGI+10 STR+8 racc-11 ratt+43

Also fixed.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-03-02 17:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Good work