Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-10-28 11:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Plans fail.

I know that, that's why I don't call SE liers when they have real blocker for their plans and I don't understand some people who say SE is failing to deliver their promises without very valid reasons. For now tho they said they plan to deliver something in 2021 and there is only 2 months left, so I would believe they were careful providing such short time plans. So this is something that can set expectations. If there is some valid outside reason again to push those plans for next year, then I won't be upset at all, like I wasn't one year ago. If they just fail to deliver because they couldn't finish it on time, because they have not enough people or something like that, then I will for sure be upset and will try to provide my feedback about it using all the social media I know :)

Short time plans? They acknowledged they mentioned this at the beginning of the year, and we have not forgotten about the plans. Them announcing it in October was just their way of reminding us that they have not forgotten about what they told us they had in store for the year. Otherwise people will complain like "where is that stuff you promised us!?" They had to mention it, it would get asked eventually.

They haven't done anything since Gaol, so they have had from at least February up until December to deliver. It's not like they decided in October to start planning the job system, they clearly had thought it through from earlier in the year.

Oh, and the "valid reason" can always be "covid". Still a global pandemic, still can blame it on their lack of staffing, still can use "bugs in the event we have to address, so it's not ready". They don't really have to have a valid reason to delay the content, because it won't matter one way or another if they deliver it December or March, besides their word being compromised. Not like they will lose mass subs if they fail to deliver it. Nothing to be upset if it gets delayed, otherwise you get Gaol super lag fest which was a waste of segments to a lot of people. I would actually prefer full content vs silly one-zone teasers at a time.
By SimonSes 2021-10-28 11:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

They not only mentioned it tho. They confirmed it's coming this Autumn. It would be much harder to come up with some excuse now if they haven't seen one month ago. It's very unlikely COVID situation will change in Japan between end of September and end of November.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-10-28 12:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't actually say they "confirmed" it would be here. Yes, they mention Autumn as the expected timeline (December update is at the tail-end of Autumn and practically winter season, so that wording is slightly misleading in a way, and it was already autumn when they mentioned it), but it sounded more like they were optimistic and hopeful that they will get it out in time. Sure, nothing may have changed with covid situation in few months, but they still have bugs and glitches to work out if they come up. Anything could delay their plans.

They started out by saying "We're working hard". That can be interpreted a few ways. I also never saw it mentioned in their video Digests as a way to prepare us for what's in store. Usually they have a section for "Future Plans" where they outline what they have lined up, like they did with Domain Invasion, Siren, Odyssey bosses, etc way. Haven't seen that this time around, though it's possible I missed it.

I just don't get jittery with excitement with that statement when I read it. SE will pull random things out of thin air like Hover Shot, Shinryu HTBF, and DI changes nobody saw coming or even asked for, but the things players really want (empyrean, job updates) get ignored until another time. Strange way of doing things. Just have seen this story before.
By Starbucks 2021-10-28 15:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragon Quest 10 Online is getting an Offline version. They should still do this with FFXI.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-28 16:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

On the brightside, at least square isn't *** up as bad as Amazon is *** up New World.

(But they're also fixing those *** ups with reasonable expedience)
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-10-28 18:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If they give us a cool Blue Gessho/Yagudo mask lockstyle though, Banger-worthy.

Stop making me want things I can't have, Buukki. Bird hat lockstyle crew 4-life.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if the Voracious missions have a nice reward this time. Not inconceivable.

I'd also be very satisfied if they do a cosmetic lockstyle katana with the Yagyu Darkblade model. Maybe I'm easy to please... But damn, that thing looks nice and we've had lv1 cosmetic equivalents for most of these bonanza weapons.
By Draylo 2021-10-28 18:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

We need more lockstyle boots, the boots in the game are super ugly aside from a handful lol.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-28 18:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

SquareEnix: We've decided to make another Moogle/Crab/Mandragora themed lockstyle and/or furnishing.
[+]
By alzeerffxi 2021-10-29 01:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Zubis said: »
forgotten games like Vagrant Story

We have not forgotten Vagrant Story

Vandal Hearts, especially the second one.

Talk about dark themes...

Vagrant story is the best dungeon crawler iv ever played, its a shame they never remastered or remade this like FF9 version on steam, its so complicated to learn, The ost though god damn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9diFeYUh7o&list=PL49D6F5F3FC29A278&index=3&ab_channel=LarsAlexandersonSH
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-29 03:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

How is the upcoming lizard ambuscade? It'll be double gallantry campaign according to today's news, so I'll probably be doing at least one per day. Anybody particularly remember this one from any time before?

Draylo said: »
We need more lockstyle boots, the boots in the game are super ugly aside from a handful lol.

Composer's Sabots always looked nice to me.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-29 04:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

No one really pays much attention to the V2 (Lizards) But it should be new and easy.

It looks dissimilar from the previous group of lizards V2

V1 should really be Yagudo, or a reup of magic mamool/Ironclads
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-29 04:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It was always confusing to me that they only advertise one of the two ambuscades. Is it always the B-tier monsters they talk about? To be honest, I've never paid that much attention.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-10-29 05:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Where are the usual good campaigns tf...
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-10-29 05:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
Where are the usual good campaigns tf...
iirc last year they placed all the goodies in December because holidays etc.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-29 06:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Normally it's the 5th month (FFXI birthday month) or 11th month (because final fantasy ELEVEN). Works well since they are separated by 6 months.

What I want to know is where is the Moogle mount (mules need it) and when are we getting Dragon Quest slimes/spriggans again (all of my characters need it)? ALSO VERY IMPORTANT: When are we getting a shot at Jubilee Shirt again? Argh!
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-10-29 11:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It might be December for the free login/super campaigns... dare I say for a substantial update????
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-29 11:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-10-29 12:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

November campaigns look like a letdown yes... but have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-10-29 13:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

They are rerunning the DQ event in XIV right now due to the DQX offline re-release thing so it could be reasonably expected that they'd rerun the XI one too.

Though I guess my idea of reasonable expectations for XI may be a little higher than what they should be at this point so you're probably right.
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-10-29 13:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

They added the DQ crossover event stuff back in the DATs a few months ago but no sight of the event still. Weirdness.
By SimonSes 2021-10-29 13:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend from static suggested that Endwalkers premiere in November might force no bigger updates in FFXI. I thought they have understood already that people who stayed in FFXI for that long after FFXIV premiere, won't switch now, but I guess they want all people who play both to be in FFXIV this month to break another record of number of players in FFXIV
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-10-29 13:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The people interested in Endwalker will play Endwalker. Whatever FFXI does won't have an effect on it. It's a weird assumption to make at this point.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Herbs
Server: Sylph
user: JoeRogan
By Sylph.Herbs 2021-10-29 15:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost all of the updates they are working on are going to be saved for the 20th Anniversary, since that is when they need to renegotiate the next budget extension at that point. Aside from that a fair amount of effort and money is going into the regular mission updates. I get many don't see that as content because they don't want to do them until they are done, but they are still being made now.
[+]
By Rips 2021-10-29 18:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »
November campaigns look like a letdown yes... but have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime.

For some reason this reminded me of the constant advert RAID: SHADOW LEGENDS! PLAY NOW!
By SimonSes 2021-10-29 19:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
The people interested in Endwalker will play Endwalker. Whatever FFXI does won't have an effect on it. It's a weird assumption to make at this point.

I said the same at first, but then I started to wonder, that it might be some truth in this conspiracy.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-29 19:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Whether that actually happens or not is irrelevant. It's what they want to happen. They don't typically do intelligent things.

Give 11 the ***end so 14 can have the good end, then when 14 is running thin, give 11 the bump.

Does it work? Some non-zero amount. 11 is trending down with no free play to prop it up and 14 will have record breaking numbers (assisted by wow and new world shitting the bed)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-04 03:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58758-Announcing-the-November-Version-Update

Quote:
First up, we are introducing a new battle system known as Master Levels.
This is a new character advancement system to power up jobs for which you have earned the job master designation. Increasing master levels increases your basic attributes.
Although you can increase you master level in your usual stomping grounds, we have a couple of adjustments coming for those of you who want to cut your teeth on foes a little more challenging. This includes some adjustments to monster spawn locations, which will continue in future version updates. Take a look at the official patch notes once they go live for more information.
Quote:
Divergence ・Add new requirement to begin reforging relic equipment to +3
Omen ・Add new requirement to begin reforging artifact equipment to +3

Make fishing suck 1% less, make trust shields suck 1% less etc

Get ready to kill 50,000 Apex mobs for STR+1 baby!
By Draylo 2021-11-04 03:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just attributes? I mean.. I hope theres more lol. People wanted the 75 days back, now we spending hours and hours and gil to get that +3 STR.
First Page 2 3 ... 223 224 225 ... 408 409 410