Sylph.Cossack
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2021-10-05 04:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »

LETS GO TAVNAZIA!?

Like i said here, two songs added in September.

It time bro; Tavnazia [S]
[+]
By Zubis 2021-10-05 06:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always been curious to see what's left of Tavnazia (mostly orcs I guess). But you could argue that as Tavnazia is a sister city of San d'Oria we've already seen ruined versions of that style (Sacrarium is under the Tavnazia Cathedral).

Not going to happen.
 Sylph.Cossack
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2021-10-05 12:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Zubis said: »
I've always been curious to see what's left of Tavnazia (mostly orcs I guess). But you could argue that as Tavnazia is a sister city of San d'Oria we've already seen ruined versions of that style (Sacrarium is under the Tavnazia Cathedral).

Not going to happen.
BOOOOOO
Bro you're hurting my feelings.
 Sylph.Herbs
user: JoeRogan
By Sylph.Herbs 2021-10-05 13:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no reason at all they cannot add Tavnazia, they can make whatever zone they want.
By Zubis 2021-10-05 15:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Herbs said: »
There is no reason at all they cannot add Tavnazia, they can make whatever zone they want.

Well they haven't added it in 20 years...
 Fenrir.Velner
Server: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-10-05 16:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Everybody knows the new zone is going to be Rhazowa. It keeps coming up in the Voracious Resurgence story line. . . just like Reisenjima did in Rhapsodies. We will all walk the path of Ferreous Coffin.
 Bahamut.Angenard
Server: Bahamut
user: Anaurine
By Bahamut.Angenard 2021-10-05 17:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Velner said: »
Everybody knows the new zone is going to be Rhazowa. It keeps coming up in the Voracious Resurgence story line. . . just like Reisenjima did in Rhapsodies. We will all walk the path of Ferreous Coffin.
Chevelners!
By Draylo 2021-10-05 17:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well chemist set in the login campaign, Chemist new job confirmed.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-10-05 19:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 800% on the Chemist-is-coming-train but I feel like SE is just trolling us with the Chemistry set.
By SimonSes 2021-10-06 02:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dekar said: »
I'm 800% on the Chemist-is-coming-train but I feel like SE is just trolling us with the Chemistry set.

The current devs of FFXI arent people who seems to have ability to troll, unless not intentionally with 1000x Shinryu.
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-10-06 05:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

ksoze said: »
joemamma said: »
Level difference adjustments like mentioned in matsuis post for 4 areas

Would be cool if old areas are adjusted for 119

I would so love for this to happen, it'll bring back that nostalgic feeling of thrill and fear from the classic 75 era when you wonder into IT++ places. Imagine Ifrit's cauldron scaled to Apex level. With the gear creep and all nowadays, the only place that can somewhat replicate this feeling would be in my opinion the ra'kaznar inner court Apex mobs, every corner is threatening and there are all sorts of agro mechanics (magic, sound, HP etc). The difference is no one would really go to those areas unless they are looking for highest capacity points yielding mobs (Ruamoko did a very nice video covering the different camps), while back in the day you'd have areas like these that players had to visit and rely on for farming and a lot more.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-10-06 09:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Balduran said: »
ksoze said: »
joemamma said: »
Level difference adjustments like mentioned in matsuis post for 4 areas

Would be cool if old areas are adjusted for 119

I would so love for this to happen, it'll bring back that nostalgic feeling of thrill and fear from the classic 75 era when you wonder into IT++ places. Imagine Ifrit's cauldron scaled to Apex level. With the gear creep and all nowadays, the only place that can somewhat replicate this feeling would be in my opinion the ra'kaznar inner court Apex mobs, every corner is threatening and there are all sorts of agro mechanics (magic, sound, HP etc). The difference is no one would really go to those areas unless they are looking for highest capacity points yielding mobs (Ruamoko did a very nice video covering the different camps), while back in the day you'd have areas like these that players had to visit and rely on for farming and a lot more.

Its not that kind of level difference its to do with hate mechanics in the older zones. That's if I'm remembering the right post.
 Asura.Otomis
Server: Asura
By Asura.Otomis 2021-10-24 16:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Working on The Voracious Resurgence Mission 4-3, and all of a sudden my story line is in Japanese. Did this happen to anyone else?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-24 16:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58718-Japanese-text-in-Voracious-Resurgence-Mission-4-3

Quote:
The entire portion of the Voracious Resurgence Mission 4-3, "Naja the Ambitious", that takes place in Wajaom Woodlands was in Japanese. From the time I clicked on the Savage Scars until the end of the cutscene after the fight. Upon reporting back to Naja Salaheem, everything was back in English.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-10-25 15:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

New mouse pad released (JP store only...) for preorder. I believe it was announced last month at TGS https://store.jp.square-enix.com/item/MFF11000098.html
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-10-25 15:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish they'd release more merchandise for FFXI. I want a "We Are Vana'diel" shirt :(
By Zubis 2021-10-25 15:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I wish they'd release more merchandise for FFXI. I want a "We Are Vana'diel" shirt :(

I have no doubt we'll get a ton of stuff next year. Even forgotten games like Vagrant Story and Xenogears got action figures for their 20th.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-10-25 17:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

They could always make BraveBlade, Handing out BP like it's 1999...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-10-25 18:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

forgotten games like Vagrant Story

We have not forgotten Vagrant Story
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-10-25 21:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Vandal Hearts, especially the second one.

Talk about dark themes...
By Draylo 2021-10-26 02:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I never played that one
 Lakshmi.Cesil
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-10-26 07:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

One of my favorite games. Risk breakers ftw!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-10-26 07:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I never played that one

Like FFT, but super dark theme. Starts off as "kids", some bad stuff happens, main char runs away and becomes a bandit. Later meet up with those childhood friends, old girlfriend is now a prostitute and old best buddy is her husband / pimp. The whole game is basically "War is Hell" due to you being in the middle of a Civil War created by foreign powers.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-10-26 08:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember my aunt bought me the first vandal hearts game as a kid and woowww it was a shock seeing blood just friggin BURST out of someone on a kill, lol

I liked it a lot, but I'm terrible at turn based strategy games so I cheated then to beat it, and would probably still have to cheat now
[+]
 Bahamut.Nikkije
user: nikkije
By Bahamut.Nikkije 2021-10-26 09:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Classic strategy RPG's were among my favorite back then. Yes, Vandal Hearts was really good and darker than I expected. FFT, Vagrant Story, Tactics Ogre... still fond memories of all of those. And it's not a Square game, it's Nipponichi I think, but I got sucked into Disgaea for a long time. That one had a dark yet comical theme, and you could get lost inside an item forever it felt.

I wish they still made games like that, but it feels like RPG's (strategy based and turn based) is a dying breed. It's all big business now...Why would anyone make an RPG to sell to us nerds when they can sell a billion copies of Madden football or something.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-10-26 10:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, Disgaea 6 just came out.
By nikkije 2021-10-26 10:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
I mean, Disgaea 6 just came out.

Yes of course, and I am glad there are still some here and there. I only meant that it's not like the RPG "golden years" back around SNES/PS1 days. Look at how many RPG's got released on those systems. :)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-10-26 10:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't make turn based rpg anymore because they're not capable of making good ones reminiscent of the older popular titles. It's not the same square from two decades ago. They just prolong the rereleases of hd remasters to draw back in old fans every once in a while, but their best days are certainly behind them.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-10-26 12:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Two decades ago there was no Square-Enix. There was Squaresoft and Enix Interactive. I feel like the merger hurt both sides of the equation tbh, because the titles from both halves of the company suffered in creativity afterward.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-10-26 12:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The main reason they don't make JRPGs like the ones you remember is because the JRPG itself was a consequence of technical limitations that no longer exist, so there's no reason to make them except to pander to nerds like us.

EDIT: FWIW Kemco publishes them like monthly and some of them aren't nearly as bad as I expect them to be.
First Page 2 3 ... 221 222 223 ... 424 425 426