So going to the Far East...?

That's a curveball.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-11-04 04:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Really wonder what they mean by that. I don't think we're actually getting new zones or anything, probably just them saying that the narrative will be focused around NPCs and events happening there that we don't physically get to see.
 Odin.Wikitaru
Server: Odin
By Odin.Wikitaru 2021-11-04 04:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

They didn’t announce the ambuscade? Or they did already somewhere else?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-04 04:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't the new "level up system" meant to fix and balance jobs?
I would expect something more job specific than a bland stat+1 system.
But... I guess it's gonna be something that will be unlocked progressively, similarly to the Job Point system one.

I wonder how this Master Level system will work? Probably a KI to unlock at Ru'lude gardens, then there will be a Job Points conversion system? Like 500Job Points > 1 Master Point or something like that?

It's not an entirely bad idea. It keeps the "levelling system cycle" (i.e. people interested in doing CP) alive, I suppose this is a good thing.

Not sure giving players more power creep is a good thing at this point but then again it gives us something to do so it's better than nothing.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-04 05:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Really wonder what they mean by that. I don't think we're actually getting new zones or anything, probably just them saying that the narrative will be focused around NPCs and events happening there that we don't physically get to see.
From the way I read it I imagined the same thing you did. It's gonna be just narrative and maybe some cut-scene using slightly modified assets from the Reisenjima packet of stuff that they developed. Maybe something that was incomplete and that they didn't release.
At best it will be something like that, clearly not new zones with new content... not yet at least.

But who knows, that could be what we're gonna get at the end of The Voracious Resurgence in May 2022.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-04 05:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well ****

So much for being done job grinding for mastery rank purposes

**** I don't wanna do more

Anyway, could it be that this master level thing is actually rather large overall stat increases? Sort of like an ilvl+ you get to grind for on each job that is seperate from gear?
By SimonSes 2021-11-04 05:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If I understand this right, you can earn master levels by fighting regular mobs or stronger mobs, so it might not be a grind for some, more like few challenging fights. Unless both routes will give different things.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-04 05:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

What they need is for master level level-cap to be tied to master-y rank.. for the insane of us that already have a head start

I will be the master of the masters!

also... they gotta planning some new kind of expansion or content, right?

If not, what is all of this extra strength for? People didn't even need odyssey stuff really that was enough of an extra power up for current content
By SimonSes 2021-11-04 05:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Making harder enemies in FFXI is as simple as upping their lv/stats, so you dont need expansion or special content for that. They could recycle anything tbh. Also we dont know how much base stat we are getting. +20 to all stats and +20acc/att/mab/macc will make some things easier, but its nothing game breaking at this point. Just few % more damage.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-04 05:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

+20 to all stats, you're such an optimist Simon!
By SimonSes 2021-11-04 05:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
+20 to all stats, you're such an optimist Simon!

Anything less is not even worth getting XD
Unless the grind I imagine now will be like 100x less in reality, then everything will be worth it I guess.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-04 05:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Would it be so insane to expect the same model they used for JP?
Where the system was very limited at start and extremely grindy but things got better (more useful stuff, less grind) as they released more upgrades to the system etc?
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-11-04 05:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

But... I guess it's gonna be something that will be unlocked progressively, similarly to the Job Point system one.

The job progression system is not the same as the job adjustments they have been discussing
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2021-11-04 05:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

who’s going to have time to grind Master levels when you’ve got Mandragora Mania on demand??
[+]
By alzeerffxi 2021-11-04 06:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The arritbute can be any arritbute i would assume not just STR DEX, Maybe passive sird ETC who knows?
By SimonSes 2021-11-04 06:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

alzeerffxi said: »
The arritbute can be any arritbute i would assume not just STR DEX, Maybe passive sird ETC who knows?

"The attribute" can mean a lot, but "basic attribute" sounds pretty basic :D

Unless thats translation issue
[+]
By ksoze 2021-11-04 06:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty excited about the November update!
 Odin.Wikitaru
Server: Odin
By Odin.Wikitaru 2021-11-04 06:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

In Japanese it says basic parameter. (基本パラメータ)
So hope atk/acc/matk/macc included?
 Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-11-04 07:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I sense with the shield update for trusts that maybe they realize the fix needed for Paladin and buffing shield skill on shields? Gives some hope?
By SimonSes 2021-11-04 07:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Worlace said: »
I sense with the shield update for trusts that maybe they realize the fix needed for Paladin and buffing shield skill on shields? Gives some hope?

Not sure what you mean.

PLD player can achieve very good block results even on high level stuff. Ofc achieving 100% block rate might be possible only with some dedicated gear and/or Reprisal, but that sounds fair. Ochain having shield skill would be completely broken imo and Aegis possibly even more broken than Ochain, because while not being able to auto 100% block rate everything, you could probably get it really high and with 87.5% MDT on top.

The fix for some PLD Trusts is because they use some non ilvl shields, so they have floored block rate even on some mid lvl range mobs. After fix they will probably still have floored block against 139lv mobs (or very low%), but should at least blocks a lot vs Omen trash mobs or something.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-11-04 08:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Worlace said: »

player-controlled PLDs are really in a very strong spot right now with the changes over the past year. Before the addition of shield skill to their Protect formula and Majesty, yes, there were many times where you wouldn't even consider a PLD over a RUN- but honestly, nowadays I struggle to find more than 4-5 mobs where you just MUST have a RUN over a PLD. Otherwise, its group choice based on your strengths.

Trust tanks in general do need major adjustments if they want them still used once players get to iLvl 119, and this might be a good start to it. If they're ok with trust tanks only being used for basic *** leveling up and farming, then I'd say they're fine as they are. If they want them used as was originally sold to us- as party member replacements that at least were functional, but of course not as strong as a real person- then these adjustments, and I'm sure more in the future, are needed.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-04 09:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »

The job progression system is not the same as the job adjustments they have been discussing
Are you 100% sure? Because I seem to recall a line from Matsui where he mentioned they wanted to continue giving individual job adjustments but then thought it would've been better to do all jobs together in the form of a new level progression system.

I could be misremembering of course but this is the line I seem to recall from several months ago.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-11-04 09:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Wikitaru said: »
SimonSes said: »

In Japanese it says basic parameter. (基本パラメータ)
So hope atk/acc/matk/macc included?

This sounds to me like the system will be how Merits were. It will probably first introduce STR/DEX/VIT/AGI/INT/MND/CHR for the first update, and expand it later on.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-11-04 09:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I wonder how this Master Level system will work? Probably a KI to unlock at Ru'lude gardens, then there will be a Job Points conversion system? Like 500Job Points > 1 Master Point or something like that?

That sounds like what they're going for. I'd be surprised it it were anything particularly creative. They also stated they're adding new "high level" mobs for the system, which may or may not be tied to the recent system side Ilvl changes they've been implementing over the past months in the aht urghan areas. I do hope that if they go this rout they at least give us some new NM fights rather than a new variety of apex mob. Grinding a few NMs to farm mastery points would be infinitely more satisfying than killing a new variety of trash mob for days on end.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-04 09:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

We had to fight Maat to get Lv75. Then a tarutaru for 99. Then we got Job Points. Then Mastered jobs. We got Master Trials. We got Mastery Rank. Now we get Master Levels. We have conquered the WORLD. They should have called it "Legend" or something, Master seems so low xD

But if they take us back to Pso'jxa (coolest zone and music in the game, fite me now if you disagree) for these Master Levels, all will be forgiven.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-11-04 09:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
But if they take us back to Pso'jxa (coolest zone and music in the game, fite me now if you disagree) for these Master Levels, all will be forgiven.

They've been implementing system changes in a bunch of older zones to accommodate Ilvl enmity properties. I wouldn't mind them giving me a reason to revisit some of the old zones. Create some respectable NM fights that you can only fight if your entire party is job mastered. Give them some cool looking skins like the oddy nms. Then plunk the things around in the Promyvions, Movopalis, Riverne Site's A01 and B-01, Phomiuna Aqueducts, Pso'Xja...all those cool places we never have a reason to visit anymore.

I wouldn't complain.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-11-04 09:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
They should have called it "Legend" or something, Master seems so low xD

Or they could use one of the following! These are the synthesis ranks above 110, which are in the DATs:

• Authority

• Luminary

• Master

• Grandmaster

• Legend

Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-04 09:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Grandmaster was my other suggestion, but since Legend is already used for Coalition ranks.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2021-11-04 09:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The requirements to begin reforging relic/AF equipment is somewhat concerning. I wonder what that will become?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-04 09:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:

They've been implementing system changes in a bunch of older zones to accommodate Ilvl enmity properties. I wouldn't mind them giving me a reason to revisit some of the old zones. Create some respectable NM fights that you can only fight if your entire party is job mastered. Give them some cool looking skins like the oddy nms. Then plunk the things around in the Promyvions, Movopalis, Riverne Site's A01 and B-01, Phomiuna Aqueducts, Pso'Xja...all those cool places we never have a reason to visit anymore.

I wouldn't complain.

Because CoP had the best zones to date. Bring.It.Back.

Asura.Iamaman said: »
The requirements to begin reforging relic/AF equipment is somewhat concerning. I wonder what that will become?

Probably lowered, less cards, less mats etc. Helps newer players get their JSE while they prep for Empy+3.
First Page 2 3 ... 224 225 226 ... 426 427 428